• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Pokemon on PBR

Cycloneblaze

Analytical
Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot more shiny pokemon on PBR,especially on random Wi-fi?I have.And when I uploaded my pokemon from Pokemon Diamond,my Buizel(which was not shiny beforehand)was shiny!This only happened the first time I uploaded,and when my brother made a save file,it did`nt happen for him(as far as I know).Can anyone give me their thoughts on this?

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
I do agree about the wifi thought. I even run into shiny Pokemon in regular Colosseum Battles, too, though.
Maybe your game is/was glitched when uploading.

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Wow, I wouldn't mind having my pokemon turned shiny.

Very lucky.

But yes, I do notice a lot of shiny pokemon on PBR

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
The ones on Wi-Fi are mainly for show, or are usually hacked. (Get the friend passes, and you'll see that they are usually hacked.) Otherwise, I do see the occasional shiny outside of Wi-Fi, but I've never heard of a non-shiny turning shiny before on the game.

Quzo

Non-shiney turning shiney? Thats crazy and I've never heard of anything like it.

Also I have faced a number of teams on Wi-Fi with all shineys.

Alchemeng

<--- Clair
That's probably a major glitch, never heard of such a thing happening. I know there are a lot of shinies on PBR because I usually have one or two on my team, myself.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Vids or it didn't happen.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Pics or it didn't happen.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
I use my shiny Swellow almost all the time. Not only do I like to show him off, he's STRONG. I see a lot of other shinies though...Some are hacked, but most I see are lagit. Though, I see more Dialga and Palkia than I do Shiny pokemon.

Lucarineo

Shiny Trainer
I guess the large number of shinies in PBR is down to the fact that people like to show off their 'special' pokemon. Granted, a number of them probably are hacked, but don't forget about those genuine shiny hunters out there who simply want to show off their hard won pokemon. It took countless numbers of restarts to get my shiny charizard, for example, so I'm forever showing it off to anyone who'll look. :D

Never heard of pokemon turning shiny when transferred though.

Yeah. Good glitch. Not.

My friend saw a Shiny Seviper on Main Street Colosseum.
The best Colossuem to find a shiny on is Gateway. Becuase then you can trade for it and use it as your (sucky) own.

If I find a Shiny Typhlosion on there though I'm breaking the disc.