• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny Regidrago from random trade ? This is safe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabioManoel1977

Sorry bad english, I am brazilian. I am using google translate to help a little.
From a random trade, I received a Shiny Regidrago holding a masterball. That's even legal ? can i be punished ? I don't intend to use it in PvP. Can I keep him or should I get rid of him? I wanted to keep him, but a friend said that I had to get rid of him or else Nintendo would ban me. You can see the moment that I receive him in the video below, exactly the time 22:32

Can I keep this pokemon only to play against NPC? Can I keep the Master Ball ? Of I will be banned If I keep it even without using it in multiplayer ? I will NEVER use it on Multiplayer.

This is rare or it is happening a lot ?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yea, that's most likely hacked. I'll be adding its name to the hack check thread so that others are aware of it.

It happens quite often. People trading off stuff and getting hacked Pokemon in return.

Better to release it. Keeping the Master Ball is fine though.

But if you do keep it, only use it offline against NPC'S.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I will slightly disagree about it being hacked. Is it hacked? Probably not. Is it genned? Without a doubt. The nickname and OT are from one of those services that will make Pokémon for you for actual money—not with it, save your money. So it’s not a hack but definitely not obtained legitimately and as said above, keep the ball but release the Pokémon.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I would do the same. Keep the Master Balls, but dispose of that Regidrago. Shiny Legendaries sounds a bit fishy to me, but that's my opinion. The only way to get banned (I think) is to have hacked your Switch with custom firmware and tampered with the game's data... Imight be wrong, though.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this, as it's a 2 or so year bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.