• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny struggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

REVENULF

Don't know if anyone plays this Gen or x and y anymore, but until I get a specific team on both games before making a third sun moon team I've found myself going back to this gen. Anyway I've been working on getting a shiny male ralts to make into gallade. I'm both ocd, perfectionist, and fan story specific in my teams. This particular gallade is a proper, well mannered, astute, and basically a perfect gentlemen being a trained butler and servant for a highly rich family, as well as bodyguard and incredibly strong for that matter. Nature I'm uncertain of, I prefer jolly as his attack, especially with his mega is pretty good and I'm always one who likes speed over power, can't hit your opponent if your knocked out first. But then story wise and competitive adamant would also be a good fit, any advice would be great. Aside from nature the specifics are in a premier ball, shiny, 3 min iv though honestly I'm shooting for 5 or 6 iv, health attack and speed have to be perfect, born at parfume palace(x and y) but will be traded into oras anyway, named Lancelot. Been breeding for 3 days now, though I've only filled up 9 boxes of ralts so far so egg wise it's not bad compared to some. I've gotten a shiny, 5 iv ralts, missing def, but it's female and since I'm using everstone and destiny knot on a currently jolly pair of parents it too is jolly which is horrible for gardevour. Honestly what are my chances of hatching a shiny male ralts aside from the whole 50/50 split of genders, which nature is better, and what's your advice on dealing with a shiny female ralts with 5ivs but a bad nature? Aside from raising it into gardevour for the sake of registering it's color in the pokedex.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Good luck with your hunt! Just stick with it until that shiny male appears. Hopefully you don't end up with any more females.

A few bits of advice/reminders:

You'll increase your odds of hatching a shiny if one of the parents is a different language.
You'll increase your chance of hatching Ralts with better IVs if your 5IV parent are both missing the 6th IV in the same stat (preferably Special Attack). Your chances will be even better if you eventually replace one or both of those 5IV parents with 6IV parents.
Stick with Jolly, it's far more commonly used than any other nature in competitive battling.

REVENULF

Hope so too, as nice as it is to have a 5iv shiny it sucks that the nature is only good on males, but I can always use it for in game and maybe a few player battles, it's sp attack should still be good enough in mega form despite the nature. I don't have a shiny charm but I am using the Masuda method. Good news is I have a 6iv female I'm using and I've breed a 6iv regular male as well, sadly the only Jap ralts I have is a 4iv, missing hp and spd, so the very least I could get is 3 perfect ivs. I wish I had a 6iv ralts from another region. I could breed the two 6iv together but that would lower my chances of getting a shiny, but then using my jap ralts with 4ivs lowersy chances of a shiny having good ivs, so it's a tough call either way, and I don't know a good means of getting a 6iv region ralts being how unstable gts is.

Eventide

Harvest Hero
I've had the same poor results with regard to a Ralts for Gallade (and that's with a Shiny Charm). It's a slow process compared to Sun/Moon breeding, but all the same, I find it a little more relaxing. The process may take a bit longer, but it seems that I can multitask better with real-life things.

Status
Not open for further replies.