• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny that isn't on the list

Absoltastic

Pokemon Video Maker
Last night I was watching Weekend Warrior, and at the beginning when showing the coordinators outside, you can see a shiny Breloom! I checked today, and it's not on the list. (For proof look at picture No. 4 of the episode on the mainsite.) Did anybody else notice this?

Shiny Bashamo

Isn't it cute ^^
euhm It's not a official shiny, Shiny Breloom has a dark brownish color, the Breloom in the episode is blue.
and the Marill is light blue, while shiny marill is greenish

~SB~

Last edited:

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I think we can guess a lot of things. We could say that in the anime there ar emultiple shiny colors. Or it could be like in that episodes on the Orange Islands where we saw that there are berries that can change Pokémon's colors. Actually, I could see that being a technique of sorts that Coordinators use. As for why we never actually see anything like that, maybe it could be frowned upon because of side effects (in that Orange Islands ep, it was said eating the pink berries for long enough would make a Pokémon permanently pink) or maybe it was just popular in that area. Or, like said, it was just a printing error. Then again, there was Ash's Butterfree's mate. Who knows, it's all speculation.

game_mayhem

I'm too coo', foo'
It looks weird, but it doesn't correspond with the right colour of shiny available. Also it might just be an error, or mistake.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Uh... You noticed every single pokemon in that pic is different...? o_O

Breloom: Purple with green neck thing...
Marril: Really light blue with white inside it's ears...
Shroomish: Yellow???

Wtf Is wrong?? <:eek:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Regular shinies also aren't supposed to be bigger than their non-shiny counterparts, but Ash's Noctowl sure was. The anime rules for shinies are different than the games, so there could be shinies of different colors than the "official" shiny colors.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Regular shinies also aren't supposed to be bigger than their non-shiny counterparts, but Ash's Noctowl sure was

Actually no, Ash's Noctowl is smaller than normal Noctowls. Also there was that Purple Kecleon midway Johto, that isnt an official hiny Pokemon and it also appeared in the Mystery Dungeon episode

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Oh yeah, whoops. Sorry about that.

Chris

Old Coot
It's an animation error. Not the first time this has happened.

pikapikaman

I like pie
The purple kekleon on th MD special was on purpuose because there one on the game.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Thanks. I never would of guessed.

Yeah, of course there have been errors. But miscoloring every single Pokémon that appears on-screen? o_O
I guess the animators must of been playing the "Let's see how many hentai pictures of May we can find" drinking game that day before work.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I'm gonna assume that the shinies for Kecleon etc. weren't designed yet, and they needed to differentiate in that episode (half-way through Johto, when the 3rd-gen games were still very much in development) which Kecleon was which in order for the episode to work. Same reason Ho-oh was gold in the first episode and its normal colour in all subsequent episodes. Can everyone get over it!

Absoltastic

Pokemon Video Maker
I also found another error. In the Chronicles, on showdown at the oak corral, look at the last two pics on the tenth page. (serebii.net) The Tauros's mane is messed up. I also remember a few more, but I don't exactly remember what. I'll try to think of the rest soon.

Chris

Old Coot
Yeah, of course there have been errors. But miscoloring every single Pokémon that appears on-screen? o_O

I'm thinking maybe whoever was doing the coloring was bored and decided to mess around with stuff for a shot. *shrugs* Just me being paranoid, though.
I suppose you didn't see the episode involving Jimmy the referee, no? That episode was FILLED with animation errors and miscolorings. One scene even has Haruka shortsless.