• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shiny

sex

Banned
In G / S / C as you all know there was a enraged Gyarados in the middle of thte lake?

which we now know to be a Shiny Gyarados

any ideas on another situtation where you can all have at least on shiny type?

rukario20

shiny lucario that would be amazing

Jigglypuff5000

I think it'd be rather funny if shiny pkmn didn't exist this time round

Then most of this board would actually not care so much about not having one cos no one would care no more

But on topic..

The legendaries would never be put in a shiny situation

I can't see any of the revealed pkmn being the next 'shiny gyarados' either lol

Gouka

Zinimi

Yes, I like Snubbull
I think it'd be cool if your rival was given a shiny form of his starter, or if yours is shiny (normal 1 in 8194) then his is normal. That way, a shiny Pokemon is part of the plot without their value being decreased.

It may be the new Gyrados/Milotic.They seem to make one every region.I think Octillery was the G/S/C one.

-Judai

Latias74

I doubt it, I think they did that and put in the high chance of shiny egg thing in GS because they were introducing shiney's in that gen.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I think the gyrados was done wasa way to introduce as to shiny pokemon.
I'd like another egg with high chance of being shiny though, that'd be nice.

Jigglypuff5000

What was the point of shiny pkmn anyway...

I mean in GSC they had fixed stats, then they dropped that for R/S/E

The majority have never seen one (aside from in GSC with Gyarados)

It just seems pointless and a waste of sprites/game storage space :p

I think Octillery was the G/S/C one.

-Judai

I doubt that. Remoraid is a small fish but it isn't worthless like Magikarp and Feebas. Feebas and Magikarp only learn Splash, Tackle, and Flail, but Remoraid is different.

If there is a fixed shiny, it COULD be Milotic, since Gyarados was invented in the first gen, but was found as shiny in the second gen games. So Milotic would be invented in the third gen, but appears as shiny in the 4th gen games.

I doubt it though, since Milotic is received by evolving in a special way, and you can't really find Pokemon like that in the wild; you have to evolve for them.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
shiny gyarados was a way to intro shiny pokemon. The higher chance of a shiny egged pokemon was useful, but didn't make sense. And I DO think there will be shinies this generation because you can trade shinies from RSE.

metal_mentor

Master of snorlax!
I think that shinys have sentimental value, my brother caught 2 recently (dont ask how) and he traded them to my leaf green, (i keep a special [shiny] box)

and they are rare so you could brag if you were stuck-up. also some of them look cool

Last edited:

Naetoru

#1 Naetoru Fan!
I think introducing a new item to the game, something like "Sparkle Stone" to be held by fathers during breeding to double bred shiny chance would be great.

1/8191 to 1/4096 would be nice, and it would still be pretty dang rare, but still introduce some people who've never gotten a legitemate shiny (Exc. Shiny Gyrados in Lake of Rage or Island ticket for Shiny Lat@s.) could possibly find one.

I myself have only found a couple.
--Shiny Krabby in Crystal (Loved him, he was pretty good and was in my final team. I just wish I had held onto that cartridge. Hopefully I'll get another Shiny Kingler to use someday.)
--Shiny Wailmer in Sapphire (Loved her, but I never really used her, because unluckily she had VERY bad IVs and she wasn't that useful to a part of my team for me, sadly as Milotic took her place. I still loved Water Spout, it was one heck of a Water Type attack.)
--Shiny Spinda in Emerald (In all seriousness, I was sorely dissapointed. This Pokemon is absolutely NO GOOD. not only did its IVs suck when I got him, his base stats also suck (60 in all stats) and his only good move was Dizzy Punch and Teeter Dance was marginally good in some situations. Nonetheless, I liked her, but I just never trained her past 47. Maybe if Spinda gets an evolution will I use her... Just maybe...)

Mitja

Veteran smartass
i really doubt that there will be a shiny that u can obtain...
but maybe some gym leaders or rivals will have a shiny o_O
or there could be a shiny which u could not get like...hmmm.....a short story pokemon like the farfetch'd in ilex forest in G/S just tooshow everyone that there are shinys in pokemon games =o

tomdotcom4

World Gym Leader
I think it would be cool if your rival had a shiny starter, it would make me jelous and want to beat him even more.