• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ShinyCat's Drawings

Shiny Cat

My favorite hobby is drawing pokemon, and I'm looking for a little critique on them! I'll be posting them one at a time (Need to scan them), and any comments are appreciated! Thank you! To start, here's one I made today (It's a watercolor Glameow):
glameow.jpg

And a Realistic-ish Quilava:
realisticishquilava.jpg

This is Shineloh the shiny Luxray (my real-life cat's name is Shiloh):
shineloh.jpg

Rarity the awkward male Delcatty:
delcatty.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell, but this is a realistic Umbreon:
realisticumbreon.jpg

Now a comparison. When I was ten (I'm thirteen now), I made up a pokemon:
u6zjoiqt7ud.jpg
then a few monthes ago, I remembered it, and made a pokedex entry for it (and its new evolution):
flittypokedex.jpg
Wow! Three years makes a BIG difference! Anyway, that's all I have for right now. Any critique is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

monstahunta

Hero of Kokoto
Well first off great job on all your drawings! You've come far in three years. You should be proud of yourself. Now for the critiquing. The only mistake I can see is that umbreon's front left leg, (his left not your left), is like a backwards hind leg. I think what you were going for is like a moving umbreon and its paw is supposed to be curled like it's walking right? Well see where it bends and starts to look like a rear leg? Try to instead only have the leg bend at its, 'wrist,' (the best way I can think of to describe it) and have a more straight line coming down from the front of the shoulder. If you have the file on your computer try opening it in paint and draw a straight line cutting off the 'ankle'-ish part and you'll see what I mean. Just remember to not save it of course.

Other than that though, great job =]
I really like the fur on the umbreon!

Sketchie

literally some guy
These are really good! I love the flitty/burngal, those are drawn really well.

Now- the umbreon's already been mentioned, but i'm going to mention that the glameow appears to have the same problem. It looks like it's elbow's bending at a weird angle. I'm not sure how, but it looks like it's are is going straight down forwards, and then at the elbow, it's bending in a way it shouldn't. But maybe that's just me.

But again, these are drawn really well.

Dreamy

Really nice work, I especially love your Delcatty.

I think most of the flubs have been pointed out, so nice work in general, keep it up ^_^

monstahunta

Hero of Kokoto
Here, I made a quick outline of a Meowth

Any better?

Much better =] See how the front legs have kind of a lowercase Y-shape? That's exactly what you should be going for. Good job!

Although his/her/its front right paw is turned a little too far away from you if you're trying to do a 'standing still' pose. Right now it looks like it's putting its weight on that paw getting ready to turn and walk away. However if that's what you were going for then good job with that too =]

And also its tail is connected a little too low on it's body. It kinda looks like it's coming out of the back of its belly. But this is just a minor detail since a line connecting its back leg and tail would fix this in like 30 seconds.

His back end sticks out just a tiny bit as well. See where the back leg connects to the body? Well the back legs on four-legged animals connect right to the very end of the animal so if you draw a slight curve from the back of the back leg up to the back it should (my theory) look more natural =]

As for the positives Great head, and you did great on the general shape of the body.
Plus the bow is flawless =]

Last edited:

Shiny Cat

Ah yes, I see what you mean on the tail and back.. Thank you! Yeah, I just shoved the bow in there 'cause the neck looked much to barren...

These are pretty good. No doubt, that you'll be blowing people out of the water in a few years. I especially like the Luxray and Quilava. As for the Umbreon, what I really think happened there, was that on the bend, the front end of it was much too pointed and the back end was too curved. Reverse the curves, and I think it'll be fine. I was going the say the paw looks like it was rotated to where the pad was starting to face the viewer, putting it at an odd angle, but I think that's actually my phone making it look funny. All in all, these are something to be proud of. Keep it up! :3