• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ShinyLugia's Doodles

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
ShinyLugia's Doodles
(A thread showing the drawings I do on Paint when I'm bored :p)​

So, yeah. I sometimes like to draw in my spare time, so I made this thread for the drawings I do on Paint.
Just so you guys know, I want to learn how to enhance my art skills, so Critiquing is advised! Also, feel free to request something Pokemon or Sonic related (as I'm fairly good at drawing Sonic Characters, too).

Here is some of my art!

lugiau.png

A picture of Lugia, my favourite Legendary Pokemon (hence the Username).

yellowo.png

A drawing of Yellow from Pokemon Adventures. Personally, I like this one better than the one of Lugia.

MeltingCORE

Just so you guys know, I want to learn how to enhance my art skills, so Critiquing is advised!

I'm coming at you for that Yellow drawing then.

I've been told on DeviantART that my critiques are helpful (and that i'm nice) so I hope that will be the case here. Also, I'm no professional yet so sorry if some of my explanations are hard to understand.

Critique of "Yellow" [2 sections - anatomy and coloring] [+ compliments]
Anatomy: Okay, I'll start with Yellow's head. I like your eye style, I really do, but I feel that her eyes are a bit too far apart. The general rule for eyes is that the space between eyes should equal one eye. Here, the distance is easily three eyes apart. I would make the eyes bigger so they are more in proportion to the rest of her face. Her nose; I won't make too big of a deal out of it but the shape is a little odd considering this is a 3/4 view. Her nose would point to the side a little more rather than down. Mouth looks okay. Her head shape is confusing me somewhat... Her cheekbone starts curving underneath her nose. Usually, with the style you have, the cheek would start curving right underneath her eye. (i'm not sure how to explain this better... take a look at your face in the mirror, you'll see what i mean hopefully. or look at a anatomy red line.) Her ear is rather big and far up. I'd bring it down and shrink it. Her neck and shoulders seem okay since your obviously going for the "super deformed" chibi style. But her arm and hand could use some work. Her forearm is much too short and it seems like it curves? Arms can't do that. Her hand seems to disappear behind her frisbee which indicates the hand is too small as you'd see her fingers sticking out. Not sure what's happening with her elbow either... Your definitely not terrible but I would suggest taking a look at some anatomy books. They'll help, trust me.

Coloring: Actually, your coloring is pretty good! I really like that you added the shadows on her clothes and the highlights on her hair. My only suggestion is to add a bit more depth to your shadows/highlights to help make your characters pop more.

Compliments: I like your style. It's a interesting mixture of manga and Western cartoon art. The way you do hair is really good, I feel like it's the best part of this picture. The shape and flow of it looks great. And dayum, for doing these on Paint, you've done a pretty good job.

That is my two cents, I hope it'll be helpful!

Last edited:

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
@ Crimson: Why, thank you!

@MeltingCORE: Thank you for the critiquing. I will keep everything in mind for future drawings!

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
Cute! I'm glad to see you using such vibrant colors (a big weakness of mine). Your pictures are very lively. It's sad that you have to work with paint, though (and a mouse, I assume? Egh). Great work indeed, I cringe at the thought of working on Paint with a mouse.

As for a crit, why don't you try drawing full bodies? Good practice for anatomy (haha also something I don't do enough).

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
@Estuary: I know, it sucks. :( Anyhow, thanks for the compliment!

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
These are actually pretty good for something done on paint. I can never be as good as that hehe. Great coloring as well. I'd like to see more :)

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
@nathan: Thanks! :D

I have to do a Drawing challenge for a game I'm playing on here (Pokemon Universe). I'll probably post the artwork here, too. If I do post it here, it will be done sometime tonight.

Edit: Aaaand here it is!

pachirisux.png

Phoebe the Pachirisu. For the challenge, I had to create a backstory for a new character, then draw a picture of him/her. My current character on the game is Amelia the Ponyta.

Last edited:

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
Cute! I like the shadow effect behind her. And the flower looks very nice~

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
@ Est: Thanks! Glad you like it!

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
Your drawing of Yellow is pretty cute for a beginner with a mouse. :)

I'd suggest using the "curved line" tool in paint to make your outlines smoother though rather than free handing them.