• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

shinys

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast2good

i have a question of shinys in this game.
i have a shiny ditto (obtain for the gyarados glitch) and have a shiny scyther.
If i put those two pokemons on the day care, the eggs have more posibility for been shinys?

bonecold1

42 & still not dead
In the 2nd generation, the baby pokemon will only inherit the IVs of one of its parents and in the 2nd gen shinyness is determined by a Pokemon's IVs.

When Ditto breeds with anything, the IVs passed down to the baby will be based on Ditto's and not the other parent's.

You therefore will always have a 1 in 64 chance of having a shiny baby by breeding a shiny Ditto, regardless of whether the other parent is shiny or not.

Can you actually breed the two shiny Pokemon or do you get the "It's brimming with energy" message? As shiny Pokemons Special and Defense IVs will be the same I don't think you can breed two shinys anyway but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.