• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shipper of the Month [version three]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
UPDATED: October 24, 2007
Since there weren't enough votes to choose a winner, we decided to extend the deadline until October 30, at midnight, US Eastern Coast time. Please be sure to PM either Avegaille, Chelc, darkwithrobots, Hollow Ichigo, mandikitty, or myself with your vote, okay? Also, the polls are back up so everyone can decide which two shippings will be up for November. Again, the poll voting will end on October 30, so do vote already. xD You could all vote for the next two shippings right here. I've also been told that the polls weren't working right, so I remade them. They should be working fine now. I'm sorry for that. ^^; We all wish the nominees luck, so show your support for them. xD

Hello everybody, and welcome to Shipper of the Month [version three]!

I, MistyMix89, have been granted permission to take over this thread from tru_blu127, so no need to worry about that. I shall be your hostess for this competition, and will do my very best for you all to make this competition exciting and fun for all of you to enjoy, along with the assistance of my helpers. Thank you all again!

The purpose of this competition is for members to choose the shipper who is deeply dedicated to a shipping, or have proven themselves worthy to claim the title. Sounds exciting, no?

I will be having five helpers who will be assisting with the competition, and here they are! Please give them all a warm welcome, and your attention as well.

t h e ~ h e l p e r s

darkwithrobots
Hollow Ichigo
mandikitty
Avegaille
Chelc

~ j o b s ~

a. help count the votes
b. announce when voting for shippings are over // announce when nominations for a shipper are over // announce when voting for a shipper will begin
c. help any member with any sort of conflict // answer questions at FAQ
d. disqualify, or rather, ban any member who fails to follow the rules of the competition

I want everyone to please treat them all with kindness and respect. There will be consequences if anyone disrespects or irritates any of them.

There are rules that all members must be aware of and follow. Please read them carefully before posting.

t h e ~ r u l e s

o1. You are not allowed to nominate or vote for yourself. If this occurs, you will be disqualified and your nomination/vote will not be counted.
o2. Please do not force other people to nominate or vote for you anywhere. If any of the voters are pressured, please alert the helpers or myself via PM. The person responsible will be completely eliminated from the entire competition.
o3. People may now vote for two shippings at the polls.
o4. Prizes will be given to every winner.
o5. Please no whining, bashing, or posting anything irrelevant regarding the competition. It is extremely disrespectful. It may lead you to be disqualified from the event. Plus, you could risk yourself being infracted by the mods.
o6. A member cannot win more than one shipping. We want to keep it fair and let everyone have a chance to shine.
o7. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please ask right away at the FAQ. The helpers and I will do our best to answer you.
o8. Please note that your comments shall be screened, meaning that only the helpers and I could see your post. If you don't see your post, you will know why.
o9. The most important rule of them all: have fun!

p o l l ~ v o t i n g

The method of voting for two shippings to be held has been changed. People may now vote which shippings they wish; one from anime and one from manga. The two winning shippings of each poll shall be the ones used for the first set, and so on. Every month there will be two new polls, but we'll let you know.

n o m i n a t i n g ~ a ~ s h i p p e r

All nominations for a shipper are to be done at SPPf. Your nomination must state "I nominate [member] for [shipping name] of the Month". Plus, it would be great to state a few reasons why you think this person should be nominated. Be as specific as you wish; the more reasons, the better! It'll really show how much you admire this person. Plus, you'll be giving someone a bigger ego.

v o t i n g ~ f o r ~ a ~ s h i p p e r

Voting for a shipper will be via PM at SPPf, so everyone can PM either any of the helpers or myself. Your vote must state, "I vote for [member] for [shipping name] of the Month". Very simple, right?

t h e ~ p r i z e s

o1. Each winner shall recieve a banner [350 x 196] and one icon [100 x 100].
o2. Please do not request what picture you would like. The helpers and I will decide.
o3. Please do not start nagging us for them. We will have your prize when it is ready.
o4. You are allowed to place your prize in your signature or in your blog.
o5. We would prefer it if you do not change anything about your prize.

t h e ~ s h i p p i n g s // t h e ~ w i n n e r s

anime

Pokeshipping [Ash x Misty] //
Contestshipping [Drew x May] //
Advanceshipping [Ash x May] //
Gymshipping [Misty x Brock] //
Orangeshipping [Tracey x Misty] //
Pearlshipping [Ash x Dawn] //
Respectshipping [Ash x Drew] //
Palletshipping [Ash x Gary] //
Rocketshipping [Jessie x James] //
Comashipping [Ash x Paul] //
Ikarishipping [Dawn x Paul] //
Appealshipping [Dawn x Zoey] //
Questshipping [Jimmy x Marina] //
Leagueshipping [Ash x Ritchie] //
Abilityshipping [Ash x Anabel] //
Bouldershipping [Ash x Brock] //
Egoshipping [Misty x Gary] //

manga

Specialshipping [ Red x Yellow] //
OldRivalshipping [Green x Blue] //
Luckyshipping [Red x Blue] //
Feelingshipping [Green x Yellow] //
Chosenshipping [Silver x Blue] //
MangaQuestshipping [Gold x Crystal] //
Franticshipping [Ruby x Sapphire] //
Gracefulshipping [Wallace x Winona] //
Originshipping [Steven x Wallace] //
Nutshipping [Almond x Hazel] //
Seductionshipping [Tiffany x Solana] //
RingRangerShipper [Lunick x Spenser] //
Hoennshipping [Brendan x May] //
Razzleshipping [Solana x Aria] //
Futubashipping [Dawn x Barry] //
Rangershipping [Hinata x Kazuki] //
IronWillshipping [Dawn x Gen] //

r e g a r d i n g ~ s h i p p i n g s

o1. This competition will focus on anime and manga shippings only.
o2. Crossovers, human x pokemon, and nevermet shippings will not be in the competition.
o3. Same sex shippings will be included as well.
o4. If a shipping doesn't have enough nominations for a shipper, then the shipping will be eliminated from the competition.

You may go vote for a shipping here: [Shipper of the Month Polls]
Please keep in mind that the voting for the first two shippings will end on September 26. If a small number of people vote, then we shall extend the deadline, but we'll let you know.

Since the server often lags, we have created a community over at LiveJournal where anyone can view the competition. There will be many updates there. Feel free to look around! We hope this place will come in handy whenever the server at SPPf goes down. The link is right here: [Shipper of the Month]

If you have any questions or concerns, you can go here at: [Frequently Asked Questions]

t h i s ~ m o n t h ' s ~ s h i p p i n g s // n o m i n a t o r s

Anime: Contestshipping [Drew x May]
- Encyclopika
- Sweet May
- Jo-Jo

Manga: OldRivalshipping [Green x Blue]
- Ed Phoenix
- honey_clover112

We hope everyone can have a good time. So, without further ado, let the fun begin~!

Last edited:

Chelc

Voting has now ended! Nominations for Contestshipper of the Month and OldRivalshipper of the Month are now open! :D

Reply with either a nomination for Conteshipper of the Month, OldRivalshipper of the Month, or even both, and explain why you feel they should be nominated.

I nominate Encyclopika for Contestshipper of the Month. She's pretty much gone above and beyond for the shipping, with countless fanarts and her [AMAZING] fic, Contest Tie. I can't think of anyone else that deserves this more than she does, so yeah. :) Hopefully this gets things going around here!

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Yay, Chelc! Thanks for being the first to nominate! I'll add your nomination right to the list. <3

Dear god, I am hyper now. xD

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I also nominate Ama (Encyclopika) for Contestshipper of the month. She has written fantastic fanfiction about the couple and has even done great fanart. I agree with Chelc, she deserves this.

C'mon people, lets get this ball rolling!

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
I nominate Sweet May for Contestshipper... I know she was a fan of this shipping before and even now, if remember correctly, so yeah...

Nobody bothers to send me notices... D=

Sammi

Banned
I nominate Encyclopika for Contestshipper of the Month. She's done quite a bit of fan art, and a really nice ficcy, too. So she wins my vote. ^^

I nominate Encyclopika for Contestshipper of the Month. She's writes the most amazing fanfiction. Such creativity in all of them. And she just seems like she's a very loyal and huge supporter of the ship still, even after both Haruka and Shuu are off the show. =]

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
I nominate Ed Phoenix for OldRivalShipper of the month. (yes, nominate them as well xD there's not just ContestShipping ! :rolleyes: )

Yeah, him, honey_clover and me were quite some time on the OldRival thread, but he's the one who is dediacted to it, as for me, I support it because I like it, plus, he wrote a magnificent fic about it :)

as for Ama, well imo, there should be a "ContestShipper of the year" award or something special for her dedication to the ship ;)

Last edited:

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Wow, I'm happy to see nominations. *does the crazy dance* xD Thank you all for nominating! All of them were added to the list.

Keep on nominating, people! The more competition, the better. <3

Chelc

How could I forget to nominate Ed Phoenix as ORSer of the Month?! Ty for remining me SS :p

Anyways, I also want to nominate Ed Phoenix as OldRivalshipper of the Month. He was always very active in the OldRival Thread (and Blue FC - he planned out most of his fic there, I believe) and wrote the only OldRival fic here on SPPf, True Love & Denial - which is freaking sweet btw and has lots of ORS goodness. <3 In short, he rocks, and has done a lot for OldRivalshipping, and deserves to w—I mean, be nominated as ORSer of the Month. <<

Orenji-chan

magmajewel is love.
I nominate Encyclopika as Contestshipper of the Month. I also nominate patrickstar as Franticshipper of the Month. And Ed Phoenix as OldRivalshipper of the Month as well.

I would like to nominate Encyclopika because she is very active and a very avid supporter of Contestshipping. Her fan-arts and her fan-fictions are truly amazing and the one's I've read are wonderful. <3

I chose patrickstar becuase he is an avid Franticshipper and wrote a Franticshipping fan-fiction a few months back. He's also very nice, once you get to know him.

And Ed Phoenix because he is very active on Serebii, especially on the OldRivalshipping thread. Also, he wrote a wonderful little fan-fiction a little while back.

Chelc

^ Nominations for Franticshipping aren't open yet. ^^; They will be sometime, though, so keep your nomination for patrickstar in mind!

Orenji-chan

magmajewel is love.
^ Nominations for Franticshipping aren't open yet. ^^; They will be sometime, though, so keep your nomination for patrickstar in mind!

Oh alright! I'm sorry Chelc, I just thought it was for all of the shipping in the shipping world in general. ^^;

I'll try to be more observant with updates about this thread more often!

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Yeah... but thanks for your nominations! Just be sure to pay attention to the updates, okay? ^^;;;

... We need more competition. So nominate more, people. xD

Angeling

true love
Umm, I'll vote on Encyclopika for CSer too. While I'm like, not even a shipper at all, it seems she does the most in regard to Contestshipping. Sweet May comes close, but yeah. All of Ama's fanfictions, ideas, fanart, and just pretty much everything related to CS makes her a top CSer anyway.

Even if I barely come here, ha ha.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
I'll nominate honey_clover112 for OldRivalshipper. Hmm, she's very active in the thread back in the days, so why not?

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Yays, Eefi. Thanks for nominating! Ama sure is great, isn't she? =D

Awesome Avegaille, you just saved us! xD Thanks a bunch! I added her to the list. ^^

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Although I don't support this ships myself I would like to show my tolerance and respect to those members who contributed to the world of pokemon shipping.

Therefore I'll nominated Jo-Jo for Contestshipper. I just think she deserves a nomination next to Encyclopika and Sweet May for her thread contributes and fics.

Chelc

^ Oh, it doesn't matter if you support the shipping(s) or not, anyone can nominate someone, regardless of what they support. All nominations will be accepted. :)

Thanks for your nominations! Due to Kris not being online atm, I'll update the list for her.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Aww, thanks a bunch for updating the first post for me, Chelc! =D

And thank you for nominating Hunter_RuLe! Glad there's more for people to choose from! ^^

Keep up the nominations, guys. <333

Status
Not open for further replies.