• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why can't people debate Poke Vs. Pearl?

Granted one is extremely old news and the other just falls into the Ash/regional girl problem, but so what?

Its not like Misty is ever coming back and Dawn will likely be gone by Gen 5, so its fun to do for the time being until the next girl arrives.

The problem I see most with is the fact that we now know the girls only stay for a generation, and that Misty is from a decade ago. So one girls long gone and the others temporary, but it can still be entertaining.

PKLegendHeroe

Okay now my time to post, where do I start. btw this wont take long so people please read if you really have time to, Im not forcing you to read, I had just a thought.

About the Debate: Yes Debates, where can debate leads us?????? anyone remembers the Advanceshippers vs Contestshippers debate? yup it leaded us to a disaster. Can Pokeshippping vs Pearlshipping leads us to there too? yes why? because I know people will hate on each other and I just got to say that it will be a mess. havent we learn that from advanceshipping vs contestshipps debate.. Im not saying that we can have a debate but if we are, I just dont want any of my members of the pearl thread getting banned or flamed to death. It can happen.

Advanceshipping vs pearlshipping : wow this is so new xD I mean some of the pearlshippers are/were advanceshippers, why would we want each other to bash or to flame each other?? I defienatly support both Advanceshipping and pearlshipping. Honestly this kind of debate would just not work because it will lead to pearlshippers or advanceshippers hating on each other.

So what im trying to say is that Why do we bother having debates. I seen the bulbapedia poke vs pearl, it is just a mess. yes people cant even debate. so the same can happen here. oh yeah

PK0082 said:
If they really wish to compare pearlshipping to other shippings, they should do that when story of DP is over.

I mean, comparing shipping that has ended with shipping that is in progress?
give me a break.

Yes people Diamond and Pearl saga hasn't ended and Dawn is not leaving yet and there is another DP movie in july 2010. Why have the pokeshipping vs pearlshipping debate if DP is not over yet??? please tell me?? Do you guys really want to debate about it. oh can someone give me the Exact date when Dawn is going to leave??? no one??? come on????? really?????? no one knows the DATE when Dawn or DP saga is ending???? yup just as what I though. We know that 5th gen is coming soon, but how soon??? can it be a rumored date??? will Dawn really leave??? will ash go on his knees and propose a marriage to misty???? xD will there be a new Ash?????

So before the debates can go on, I thought that instead of debates, we can have a friendship thread. were almost all shippers can discuss or befriend other shippers or discuss their shippings instead of debating...

if you people really want a debate thread, go on.. Do whatever you want but it wont be fair to Pearlshipping and No I dont want the debate period. we could do other things instead of debates. there will times when people will go out of hand and start flaming and bashing each other. Yes it can happen you think it cant but it will.

So there is my reason why we dont need to debate just yet on the Shipping Community. is not because people are "mature" enough to debate, its just that some shippers are close minded and want to boss around and become better than others. thats my reason.

btw yes you might think who the h*ll I am, well just like what Yeti said, Im a nobody, stupid, crybaby, whiner, crap, I am someone who lacks respect and sensibility, who lacks Intelligence. wow really, I have to be very intelligent to post on my thread xD. im a filt of the forums, someone who acts like a child, immature, someone who really needs to grow up. yup im a Filth...... Who am I, Im PKLEGENDHEROE, proud Pearlshipper.

btw everyone has to be mature enough to post on a thread or else they get a ban xD give me a break people. and since some people say that the Pearlshipping is a filth, its not. its what we called a DISCUSSION. yup a place to talk about pearlshipping. yes some noob aparently face palmed us, does that makes the pearlshipping thread a crap, nope. post like that are what makes other people feel sad about it and eventually leave, just look at what happened to the pearlshipping face palm incident. it just goes to prove that there are shippers out there are close minded and this is one thing that I hate about the Shipping Community. Seriously people yall need to change, things like this is what makes the Shipping Community look bad.

Yeti said:
Excuse me.. I've barely said anything about Pearlshipping since ONE post MONTHS ago. Do you not think peoples' opinions can change or something? My opinion of Pearlshippers had gone up since then but you are dragging it right back down to 'retarded rejects' with your rubbish.
Shut up rofl you're not helping your cause at all. You post in the Shippers Input it won't make a shred of difference. You are nobody except a whiny baby ranting about crap.
No I do not support Pearlshipping, yes I am a Pokeshipper, but I respect Pearlshippers' right to post INTELLIGENTLY about their ship. You obviously lack respect and sensibility.

Yeti said:
Yes I do know I'm smart, much moreso than you because being biased TO something is in favor of it. I believe you mean 'biased against' which dear, I'm not. I don't support the ship but if someone wants to that is their choice and I respect that.
If they left it shows they are too immature to handle posting and criticism of how they conduct themselves. It was embarrassing to read that thread with all the bad posts in it and the same would be true if a Poke thread was like that.
YOU have a lot to learn about maturity, respect and sucking it up.

Yeti said:
If you know about life why are you crying to someone on the internet about a ship jw ?
Why did you even VM me about that post seriously it was like half a year ago. Nobody even cares anymore or wants you to drag crap up. Man you are just a distressingly dense person.
It isn't biased towards either dear. You are pretty dang stupid I must say. I have more respect than you going around VMing people out of the blue having a huge cry. Go throw a tantrum to mommy or someone who'll listen to you.
Are you seriously calling me a crybaby?? Forreal? You're the one having a fit I'm just laughing at how utterly pathetic you are. Seriously you give Pearlshipping and Pearlshippers a bad name and confirm everything I made in that post, which I had THOUGHT was no longer the case.
Filth of the forum is what you are m8. I won't care a bit about your post dear because it's not going to have any impact on my life ~_`

yup I yes I give the pearlshippers a bad name xD. is things like this that makes the debate go out of hand. Sorry this is what really the Shipping Community is all about. So Sue Me. Im really want to see how people are going to reply to this. I got my infos and posts ready.

Last edited:

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Well, I for one think that the debates should go ahead. I can't be bothered examining these posts once again so if I say something that's already been said, bear with me.

I think Shipper's Community is ready for a step up. Sure, some debates in the past have been crazy but I think we have some excellent shipping staff who can moderate over the debates successfully and pay good attention if anyone is stepping out of line.

Yes, people will step out of line. Even in non-debate threads, people step out of line. It's a forum with many different personalities, things are bound to happen but if you guys are looking at the debates idea with a pessimistic view then A) you don't have to take part and B) the more you think bad things are going to happen, the more likely things are going to happen because you'll have this mindset that makes you look for the bad points and only the bad points. The people who are coming in with a negative approach will make what I believe to be a good idea a bad thing.

Yes, people are close-minded. No matter what you do, there are people like that and it's not something easily changed. So is that an excuse not to go for it? I like the idea of a debate and I really wish I was around for the debating days, I'm sure I'd have had plenty to say and would've participated as a well-behaved member around the forums. I think there are people who would agree with me and think 'Yes, I can debate without being a jerk over it'.

We are discussing points about ships, not shooting them down like a battlefield. Debate =/= war. And if you think that the debate will instantly turn into a flame war, guess what? You're slowly turning this input thread into a war. And here we are, debating about whether to debate or not. Good job, guys. u_u We could've spent this discussing where a good start for debating would be or some other idea but instead, you're saying that people are close-minded, people will flame and I'm not denying that but that's always going to be around, debate or no debate.

Some people here are waiting for Shipper's Community to be interesting again. They want threads that they want to look at and think. Simple discussion threads can be incredibly limiting and I myself find that a debate would liven up the place and give a chance to look over these ships, see different sides and well, perhaps give a chance for us to post stuff in Shipper's Community that isn't 'OMG WHAT WILL ASH AND WHAT'S HER NAME DO FOR VALENTINE'S DAY' because that just gets dull.

Which leads me to my next point. A debate is partly analyzing a ship and discussing whether moments could be counted as hints, etc. A Shipper's Manifesto thread would be looking at the same thing but I think a debate coming before it would help boost it and so that a manifestos being written are written with logical anaylsis and whatnot put into them instead of random crap that is being put as a hint because the person can't think of anything else. In a way, a Manifesto is kinda like a side of a debate put together but not being put in relation to other ships. Shipping Essay, yeah.

So no debates and I'd be pretty unwilling to make the Shipper Manifesto thread as well.

May edit this later if I think I've missed something or whatever. :/

darklord18

We are discussing points about ships, not shooting them down like a battlefield. Debate =/= war. And if you think that the debate will instantly turn into a flame war, guess what? You're slowly turning this input thread into a war. And here we are, debating about whether to debate or not. Good job, guys. u_u We could've spent this discussing where a good start for debating would be or some other idea but instead, you're saying that people are close-minded, people will flame and I'm not denying that but that's always going to be around, debate or no debate.

yeah people can we just clam down for a sec please some of us are trying to avoid flam war.

I all for the debate but not Shipping vs shipping rather it being something Tadashi said, having debate were mainstream support on the nevermet side and Nevermet on the other or a yuri on a yaoi side and yaoi and th eother side, I rather having a something like that than a debate on Poke vs Pearl, Contest vs Ash x May, Ash x May vs poke, Pearl vs Ash x May etc. you can have a good debate but having something like Dawn x Kenny vs ikari will most likely not work out. all it take is one person saying something wrong and then you got people fighting. Like I said I think Tadashi idea of having support from two side switching side. That a good debate style and would work great compare to Shipping vs Shipping. sorry but I still stand what I said, limited to shipping vs shipping like Poke vs Orange will not work out well.

I a mite some people did get out of line but some of us are just worry that there will be trouble if handle wrong. I sorry if I breaking the rule but I still stand by my decision.

However, I do like the idea Tadashi put out. Expanding on that a bit, how about we can have a debate between two (or more even numbers of) members debating the pros/cons of a ship randomly chosen for them? For example, member A takes the side of shipping x and member B takes the side of shipping q.

yes this would make a great debate, I notices that mostly only Mainstream thread last a long time, the bishieshipping and cheekyshipping thread were good thread but due to being nevermets they weren't really anything to talk about. that why a debate like Tadashi and S-Uint have said will do wonder and maybe help the area greatly.

If there is ANY flaming whatsoever, a moderator will take care of it, and said user(s) will be dealt with. It's not necessary to participate in the debate, either, so please don't worry about that. Also if the debates don't work out, we can always close them. We don't know what will happen until we try.
okay I see I get what your saying but there always going to be one person who will say something and just ruin it for everyone else by getting people annoyed. I for the idea but not the shipping vs shipping like Contest vs Petalburg (May x Max) or ikari vs penguin might not work, sure some shipping with other shipping will work as people there will work but some won't like Poke vs Pearl or Ash x May x Pearl one has tension between the two group of support that I scared to post in the pearl thread and one were people support both.

I not trying to put the idea down but I do think there a way to do it and Tadashi and S-unit ways are the only think I see that can keep the peace. but I just think Shipping vs shipping will not work out no matter what you do you got people who are sudden and who only think there pair is right.

Not only are debates about trying to prove which ship has a better chance at being canon, but for people to come to an understanding of the opposing ship. I'm a Pokeshipper myself, and I don't hate Pearlshippers or Pearlshipping. Just because I don't support it, it doesn't mean I have something against it.

that one thing I against the shipping vs shipping, people will be closed mind that they think they shipping are cannon. but it the support who think it cannon or not, whether something a hint or not. I respect Palletshipping and Respectshipping but in terms of hint I don't see any for these but I respect someone who think they are hints and I don't bash or flam them do I? but there always that one person that will. Understanding is good but you can't really do it for a debate for Poke vs Pearl or Ash x May vs Pearl. sorry if I breaking the rule but I stand by what I said. Shipping vs Shipping will not work very well.

Why can't people debate Poke Vs. Pearl?
I think it was something and it cause a lot of tension which is still there, we just don't want to see people getting ban.

It's kind of sad to hear that you are all afraid of flamewars here

some of us aren't afraid of it, we just don't want our good name being ruin by some member flaming and we don't want anyone getting ban. That why we don't want the debates to be Shipping vs shipping. It just take one member post to turn something good into something that get alot of people ban.

but please can everyone just clam down.

Last edited:

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
Hey I would like a good ole' fashion debate here anytime, but nowadays, they're lackluster in activity because many people are not willing to go through with it. Makes it difficult to even participate in them. Concerning the Poke vs. Pearl concept, I don't really see it happening. Despite a still massive, but rather stealthy, fanbase, Pokeshippers haven't had any Misty time in the anime for a long time, and it's very doubtful she show up again. Pearlshipping just doesn't have much to compare with as far as I know. It is very lonely but not afraid.

The Advance vs. Contest debate is by far the biggest and most popular of all. I felt that the thread had reached its peak somwhere in 06 or 07. Everybody wanted to participate because they can. As disaterous as it was, it still went strong. You have no idea how ridiculous it was; with all that flaming and bashing, it is hard to mantain order. I'm sure all of you who have done it had fun with it. I mean, isn't that the main reason we created these threads in the first place, to have some good clean adulterated fun?

Brazillianguy

There is always a possibility of a healthy debate between 2 diferent ships. See, Bulbagarden debate threads walk really well.
Personally, I'm against these kinds of debates. If everybody learns to create their own opinions but respecting others opinions, debates would do well, but there's always someone who manages to blow up everything, which can bring banned members and things we've already seen. Yet, where do debates about Pokémon shippings lead us? Remember, Pearlshipping is not over yet, so the discussion would not be fair and I'm not saying this because I'm a pearlshipper.

And guys, we're talking about diferent generations! A contestshipping vs advanceshipping debate would be much more "useful" but we still have the flaming and bashing problems

Well, if you create a new debate thread like "Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping" I would happily express my opinions and respect the others' but I'm sure many people wouldn't do that.

Last edited:

darklord18

There is always a possibility of a healthy debate between 2 diferent ships. See, Bulbagarden debate threads walk really well.
Personally, I'm against these kinds of debates. If everybody learns to create their own opinions but respecting others opinions, debates would do well, but there's always someone who manages to blow up everything, which can bring banned members and things we've already seen. Yet, where do debates about Pokémon shippings lead us? Remember, Pearlshipping is not over yet, so the discussion would not be fair and I'm not saying this because I'm a pearlshipper.

yes this is what I saying, it not wroth doing Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping, Advanceshipping vs Contest can be good for a while. but there always one person who will ruin it for everyone, and I not one to risk doing something for that. but even if you do even two people may have different view on something, E.g. I see Dawn and Ash as a teacher student relationship but another pearlshipper may think differently and debating stuff like that or hints isn't really helpful as it personal like to what is a hint and what not.

And guys, we're talking about diferent generations! A contestshipping vs advanceshipping debate would be much more "useful" but we still have the flaming and bashing problems

yes this could be alot better, comparing something like Advance and Poke is like comparing Dragonite to Garchomp, both are different and are from different generations.

and why do any pearl one when DP is far from finish?

I not saying don't do a debate but just take what were saying. it not wroth doing Poke vs pearl or Advance vs poke or Advance vs pearl, it should be same generations. but I will still stand by what I say and still think this type debating is just going to cause problems. but still even you do make it a fair place I still against it. I always against debates, always was and always will. I won't stop you going ahead with this but just take what people who against it to heart. having these type of debate would only cause big problem resulting in people being ban.

sorry If I breaking the rule but I just want to put my feeling into this.

Last edited:

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
I'm curious exactly where this sentiment of discord and fighting concerning debates has arisen, since nothing I have seen in my time here as a lurker or poster has suggested that anything like that would ever occur here. This is not the Misc or Debate forum, where generally disruptive members always find a way to ruin threads. This is Shippers Community, where a both members and mods encourage participation and are very respectful. I don't get this line of thinking.

Yes the Pearlshippers may argue that the events of February may reappear in some form here, but that would be backward thinking. The issue there was NOT shipping preference but instead refered to the posting habits and behaviours of some of the newer regulars. I know for a fact the person who "outed" the situation has since become on very good terms with several of the Pearlshippers involved, so there is no remaining grudges over the situation that occured.

The only remaining issue relevant to this is how first time debaters (on any side) would preform when we consider how it took a bit for them to learn the netiquette and requirements of this forum. This problem has been solved already, Yeti has created a neat debating FAQ which handles all content prospective debaters will need.

If you are still ensure how a debate could be run sucessfully, check out the Advance VS Contest debate thread which was created by Jo-Jo. Both her and CyberCubed were able to carry a strong and tight debate which never descended into disarray. It's a fantastic read.

Finally, as an Orangeshipper I agree that no debate against Poke could possibly be held to any success at this point in time. It's been too long and all the possible arguments have been done to death. Let's focus on what DP has bought us :)

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
:x I hope you don't mind removing/striking the Shippers Thread Face-Off/Awards thing, since no one is interested now and this was presented since the beginning of my summer vacation and now it's already school time for me, which means I'll be busy, especially with my internship...

*lawlz a good way to ruin the mood of the debate thing* :p

Chelc

lol Avegaille. XD It's alright, I'll strike it off from the list.

I didn't read through everyones post, because I'm sick of the arguing over such a petty subject that was not meaning any harm in the first place. It's just a debate, on a Pokemon forum no less. It's not meant to be taken so seriously. It's for fun, and it's a great on helping the opposing side understand the "rival" ship. That is why debates were suggested in the first place - they were not suggested to put down any ship whatsoever.

My opinion - It's honestly stupid to not debate Pokeshipping vs. Pearlshipping. Pearlshipping is the current Ash/main girl shipping that has a chance at this point and time, and Pokeshipping is still one of the Ash shippings with the most hints. There is no reason why it should not be debated. Debating old things like Advanceshipping vs. Contestshipping is not any fun nor is it interesting. It has been done to death. Pokeshipping vs. Pearlshipping is new and exciting. It would make a great read for many shippers.

But hey, after reading these posts, I'll just give the people what they want - no Pokeshipping vs. Pearlshipping debate. The immaturity some of you have displayed over the concept of a debate leads me to believe that they would not work out either way. How stupid I was to think that people could handle it.

Yet, where do debates about Pokémon shippings lead us? Remember, Pearlshipping is not over yet, so the discussion would not be fair and I'm not saying this because I'm a pearlshipper.

So what? It doesn't matter if the ship is on-going, that's what makes the debate even more interesting. We still had Pokeshipping vs. Advanceshipping back in AG. This kind of makes me miss those times. The Advanceshippers had such confidence in themselves and were more than happy to debate. It was really a lot of fun with them.

debating stuff like that or hints isn't really helpful as it personal like to what is a hint and what not.

That's the point of a shipping debate - trying to prove the shipping(s) has hints. ._.; Many fandoms have shipping debates. The other two Pokemon forums have shipping debates. There is no reason why we can't have them here. If you don't want to participate, you don't have to, either.

I had no idea people had such skewed views of debates and shippers in general. I also had no idea people had such a negative view on shippers. Shippers Community was NEVER like this before. Shippers had confidence in themselves and had no problem avoiding flamewars. I don't understand what happened, but I'll be frank, it really pisses me off, and makes me feel sad for this community. It's definitely not as it once was after reading through this thread.

Read Mel-Girl's post. Mel-Girl is right about this place being boring, and that it's time to take a step up. You guys have no idea how many people look at this place and think it is lame because there is nothing interesting to do here but discuss shippings. Shippers would rather go to BMGf because it is way more interesting and fun to discuss shipping over there. Shipping debates are one of the most important things in other fandoms on other forums. They used to be very big here in this forum, too. It's what made Shippers Community interesting. Nowadays, this place is collecting dust, and none of the shippers I speak to really don't even enjoy coming here at all and would rather discuss shippings over MSN/elsewhere. Hell, I don't even like coming here, and I'd rather post in Alternative Shipping at the very least.

Like she said, debates could be a great thing, but the negativity that some of you are focusing on are making it a bad thing. It doesn't have to be a bad thing at all. Debating maturely is never a bad thing. I have faith that people in this community are mature enough to handle a debate after a year without them.

The Shippers Manifesto would also be very interesting. As Mel-Girl said, without very many debates, there is really no use in making one. It would be a great addition to this community, because I don't think any other Pokemon forum has one. Without very many debates, it is nothing, and will not happen. Please think about that.

Though it looks like this place is going to stay boring and collect dust. I really don't care anymore, honestly. As you guys said, it only takes a few people to ruin it for everyone, and guess what? You ruined it for me, Yeti, CyberCubed, Tom Nook, Mel-Girl, and many other people. Thank you. :)

If anyone at all is still interested in setting up a debate (Rocket Girl - if you want to create a Rocketshipping debate, you can!), PM me and I'll help you set it up.

Also if you are creating a debate - there will also be no Poke/Advance, Advance/Contest, or Poke/Orange debates. Don't even try to set those up, or you will be infracted. There is no point in debating those. Just fyi. The Debate Input thread will be open soon, so this may soon change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.