• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelc

Well, you can use this thread for input if you'd like, but I've noticed a lot of things from the last thread...never happened, and wanted to get them sorted out so I know what's going on. ;476;

From what I remember:
- Debate FAQ (Yeti) Will have it in a week. (A)
- Shippers Manifesto (Mel-Girl)
- Shipppers Awards (Sonic Boom & Icicle) Not happening, both are busy with irl things, so reply here if you're interested in taking over.
- Shippers Thread Face-Off/Awards (Avegaille)

I know people are busy and etc, so if you don't want to get these threads going anymore, just let me know, and I can find someone new. :) It's not big deal if you don't want the job anymore. Or if you're still working on it, that's alright, too - just give me a heads up or something like that. Thanks!

Yeah, if there are any other threads you'd like to see here (OR Alternative Shipping or Shipping Fics - more so Alternative Shipping because it's pretty dead), or ideas you have, post them here!

Last edited:

Yeti

Banned
Yea I will have the Debate FAQ up within the week ;445; would've had it up way sooner but school decided to actually provide work for once in it's life and then I was gone for like a month.
No worries tho will be up soon. Not like this isn't the newest project of the threads-in-waiting.

I think we need some sort of limit... it's been like 6-9 months since the idea and assignment for some of these threads was handed out and there's still no sign of them.
Another week or two from this thread should be the max before the threads are just reassigned.. if people aren't getting them done like they say or have too many thread projects, well split up the work so the threads get out.

We could have some sort of thread gift exchange for Alternate Shipping, where the posters in one fandom's thread work together to make a fic or a banner or some similar present for another thread. Like a secret Santa thing I guess [Christmas in July!!]. It looks like a lot of the same people post in the threads so they might be making stuff for themselves but oh well. Just an idea since Alt Shipping isn't that big/popular of a section, and it'd give the threads something to show off.

I guess the same thing could be done with the Pokemon ships, if like 5 people from each thread agree to help on the gift and the thread owner, or if they're not around the main person in charge of the thread, posts requesting to participate.

;445;

EDIT just saw above edit and I'd be willing to redo the Shippers Awards.. I know it didn't turn out so well last time but I had mod approval for it/the rules (but the mods weren't all in agreement about those I guess) and I didn't know some other people had been assigned to do it [since it had never appeared].
SO if it's coolbeans I'll do Shippers Awards once Debate FAQ is up and run all the rules and stuff by the mods so there's no problem.
Private voting seems like the way to go it seems!!

EDITEDIT maybe this is too much like the Shipping Face Off but we could have Ship Awards along with Shippers.. best canon ship, best crack ship, best PokexPoke, best Alt, best fanart for a ship, best fics about ship, etc, only much more concise than a face off. Dunno if that's impeding on taitofan's turf too much, certainly don't want to have a doubled-up thread. And it's not like we couldn't have different aspects involving the shippers of the ships more [yet not FOR the shippers, if that makes sense].

Last edited:

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
*head scratch* Do we really need awards for things outside of the fic section? Even if it's just for fun, I'd imagine it doesn't feel fair for people who don't even get a nomination. You know, those little people who slink around and aren't loud and bouncy and obnoxious and just exhale posts to the point where you can't just ignore them, whether you like them for it or not.

It's really no different than the popularity section of the high school yearbook, the one most of you are even considered because you aren't prominent members of the community, let alone chosen. And that either makes people wish to be something they are not (like the above) or feel unwanted, because they aren't good enough. It's not always the case, because many will probably only have an ounce of disappointment and move on, or not care at all and ignore it entirely, but I never see these things as fair to the community as a whole.

In layman's terms: I think award threads are silly and juvenile, and the only ones who do put their votes down are the noisy ones anyway. *two pennies, in the bank*

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Woops, the manifesto...!

D'oh.

Well now, I haven't got any ideas. This place is pretty dead, because the animé hasn't been doing much to help the place. I'll try to brainstorm when I'm less braindead.

Chelc

@Toran: Yeah, awards aren't necessary, you're right. I don't really see the need for them, either, but since ~Mist~'s first one worked out so well, it seemed like everyone wanted to continue them each year. ^^; Though with the limited activity of this forum, I'm not sure if they could work right now. I guess I'll base the decision whether to have them or not after more people reply to this thread, though it's looking to be a "no" right now.

@Yeti: Those are good ideas, but I'll have to talk to Kiori about you re-doing the Shippers Awards. I also want to give the thread at least one more week so I can decide whether the awards are happening or not, and if anyone else would be interested in holding them, because I just want to be fair. ;194;

@Tadashi: Lol, yeah, I've been thinking that, too. Hopefully the Grand Festival and/or Sinnoh League give us some Shipping, because it's really getting boring. :U Though if you think of something let me know!

Yeti

Banned
Eyea no rush. If nobody else wants to do it but Shipping's too idle to have a successful thread now, and if Kiori agrees, I can do it later, like at the end of 2009 so we have the full year. idk whatevs works.

As the Debate FAQ is in the wings waiting for approval, I was thinking an order for debates should be figured out. Maybe it's not my place to be doing so but hey less work for the mods if someone else does it?
1. 'Low-risk' debate.. debate between ships that would be less likely to start flaming or bashing, to get things rolling.
2. Advance v Contest, I think it'd be a good second debate as the fans seem to be mature enough to handle it, or at least not rage
3. Poke v Pearl, standard conflicting ships
4. Ikari v HeatTag v Penguin, by this point we may be ready to handle a three way. These, to me, are the main PLAUSIBLE Dawn ships [Appeal won't happen :\] with the most followers, and I can't think of a valid way to have 2v2s.
5. Poke v Orange ? Not sure if Pokeshippers would enjoy going twice or if that'd be fair, but I can't think of another ship for Orange to go against, maybe HandyMan or Apprentice but 8|
6. Gym leader ships? Assuming the debates last this long without losing interest 8| there's certainly strong fanbases for certain leader ships, especially Sinnoh. Then again there's not much evidence for any of them aside from interpretation and personal opinion.
7. Manga ships, seems to me like there's a fair few that conflict but people hold very strongly to them. I think there'd be enough hints to work off of but idk.

Just throwing that list out there, as hopefully the debates will be starting up soon! Something to mull over so people know when they might have a debate that interests them.

Chelc

Alright, so the debate FAQ is done! Ty Yeti. :D

So, the question is - what ships do you guys want to debate?

Some pretty pointless ones (well, atm, I think) are...

Advance vs. Contest - There are no recent "hints" (in quotations because everyone has different opinions about hints for these two) for either, and I don't think there will be any any time soon, unfortunately. It's like beating a dead horse at this point and time. Maybe in the future we can debate this, whenever May shows up again.

Poke vs. Orange - This is just pointless. Lol. I'm sorry, but it is. It's not the fact that I dislike Orange, either. It's just that even more-so than the above debate, it's like beating a dead horse. I've seen the debates here on these two. People just go around in circles, and it gets really boring, and eventually dies, because we haven't seen Misty, Misty with Ash, or Tracey in FOREVER.

Advance vs. Pearl - As much lulz this would bring me I'm serious, this is something I've never seen before, and I'm interested in how it would play out, but I'm just not sure it would work out. I'm not sure if there is enough evidence for both of them, or if anyone could handle debating about this. :x

Poke vs. Advance - May is no longer on the main cast, and...yeah. This has been debated about for a long time, anyway. I feel it'd be more appropriate to have Poke vs. Pearl at this time, because there haven't been any "hints" for either, I'd say, in a long time.

Some debates I'd like to see/think would work:

Poke vs. Pearl - I've seen this at BMGf, and it's pretty interesting to read. I think it could work out here, too, if the shippers are willing to give it a go. It works for the same reason Poke vs. Advance worked in AG - Dawn (instead of May) is the new girl traveling with Ash, and Pokeshipping is still the most plausible Ash/girl shipping. However, some people feel differently (Pearlshippers instead of Advanceshippers), which starts the debate. Y/n?

Pearl vs. Penguin - Because atm, these are the only two Dawn shippings that have an actual chance. It'd be kind of like Advance vs. Contest, the main girl/Ash shipping vs main girl/rival shipping. Penguin might not have enough evidence, so I'm kind of unsure about this one, but if you guys feel it'd be alright, then we can go for it.

General Dawn shipping debate - Dawn is the main girl now, and unlike May, she has TONS of "possible" (remember, different opinions, lol, not trying to offend anyone here) shippings...Pearl, ikari, appeal, penguin, cavalier, heattag, etc etc. We had one before, but it didn't work out so well iirc. This could end up being interesting as well.

Also as Yeti said, how about some less common ships? Gym leader ships, manga ships, etc. All of those could work out.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Manga ships I have no knowledge of, so I can't comment. But Gym Leaders? What exactly is there to debate with characters that get 5 episodes of screentime at the most? Like Yeti said, it would heavily require a load of fan interpretation and opinion, which would lead to bias. Besides, it'd be like doing a Poke vs. Danceshipping debate, or Festivalshipping vs. Cookieshipping, or something.

Unless the gym leaders have more personality and mre focus on in the manga side. Which again, I would have no comment. Though I do know Koga, Sabrina, and Surge had a load of attention in Special.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'll give my points about the ship debate things:

A
Advance vs. Contest - There are no recent "hints" (in quotations because everyone has different opinions about hints for these two) for either, and I don't think there will be any any time soon, unfortunately. It's like beating a dead horse at this point and time.

I agree, there's no point for another one of these. AG is now extremely old news, and May ships for the most part are low-key in the fandom now. There's no need for this, at least not anytime soon.

Poke vs. Orange - This is just pointless. Lol. I'm sorry, but it is. It's not the fact that I dislike Orange, either. It's just that even more-so than the above debate, it's like beating a dead horse.

Agreed too, especially since the hoso's are long dead, any chance of seeing Misty/Tracey interact at Cerulean is over. This was another one that was fun to discuss during the AG era, but given its been so long...there's nothing new to discuss.

Poke vs. Pearl - I've seen this at BMGf, and it's pretty interesting to read. I think it could work out here, too, if the shippers are willing to give it a go.

This would be the most logical choice. A lot of new Pearlshippers have entered the fandom lately who weren't around before, and I'd like to see what they have to say about their ship compared to Pokeshipping.

Pearl vs. Penguin - Because atm, these are the only two Dawn shippings that have an actual chance. It'd be kind of like Advance vs. Contest, the main girl/Ash shipping vs main girl/rival shipping. Penguin might not have enough evidence, so I'm kind of unsure about this one, but if you guys feel it'd be alright, then we can go for it.

The problem with this is Kenny's extreme lack of appearances. DP now has 141 episodes, out of that span Kenny's only had 3 appearances.

It simply doesn't work the same way the Contestshipping debates did, not only did Drew himself appear a hell of a lot more often than Kenny does now, but also the hints were much more blatant.

Not to mention Kenny doesn't give Dawn roses. ;)

General Dawn shipping debate - Dawn is the main girl now, and unlike May, she has TONS of "possible" (remember, different opinions, lol, not trying to offend anyone here) shippings...Pearl, ikari, appeal, penguin, cavalier, heattag, etc etc. We had one before, but it didn't work out so well iirc. This could end up being interesting as well.

Yeah, but that sounds more like a "favorite Dawn ship" thread, rather than a debate thread. A good chunk of those Dawn ships are agreed would never actually happen in the show, and are simply liked for fanart/fanfiction/cuteness reasons.

As for something else, what about a thread debating if Rocketshipping is still going? I'm not a big Rocketshipper, but Jessie/James have been in the anime for so long it'll be interesting to see what people think.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
So, the question is - what ships do you guys want to debate?

I'd like to stack yaoi ships against other yaoi ships, yuri ships, and maybe heterosexual ships. Also, I think that we'd have to categorize ships into "tiers" (based on popularity) before they can be debated.

Before you throw a rotten tomato at me, hear me out!

Certain ships are considered "mainstream" because they've had a lot of time to mature and develop reasoning/hints (PokéShipping, AdvanceShipping, PalletShipping, etc.) and there are ships out there that simply wouldn't stack up, for whatever reason (they're Nevermet, one-off episodes, etc.)

But yeah, I'd be willing to lobby for some of my ships (Pallet in particular, cuz it's my favorite) against some other debater types.

edit;; Idea hits me:

What if we could take the side of a ship we don't like, or don't even ship, and debate for it? It could prove interesting if, say, a PearlShipper debates for PokéShipping, or if a Mainstream shipper debated on the side of a Nevermet ship.

I figure it'll get people to look at other ships they hadn't considered, or perhaps gain appreciation for a ship they otherwise disliked. Anyone have thoughts?

Last edited:

darklord18

Sorry guys, but I no for the debates, I just don't see the point of the two shipping like for example Pearlshipping and Pokeshipping, like who care which one is better? they both equal and I respect both even though I don't like Pokeshipping and only like pearlshipping as a stubent teacher relationship but really if we have debates it should be as Tadashi it should be like.

Met shipping - Nevermet

I just think if you have it like Pearlshipping - pokeshipping or another Ash or Dawn shipping it just lead to people getting ban.

though I think debates should be on stuff like Met shipping - Nevermet.

What if we could take the side of a ship we don't like, or don't even ship, and debate for it? It could prove interesting if, say, a PearlShipper debates for PokéShipping, or if a Mainstream shipper debated on the side of a Nevermet ship.

I figure it'll get people to look at other ships they hadn't considered, or perhaps gain appreciation for a ship they otherwise disliked. Anyone have thoughts?

I agree, I would like to see people look on the other side of shipping and not just on one side like a mainstream shipping support looking on the side a nevermets and nevermets shippings looking the side of Mainstream or Yuri shipping.

please don't get mad at me I only putting my two 2 cents wroth in.

catzeye

Writer's Block

I really like this idea. It'll be good to put people out their comfort zone a bit and show them they other side may not be all that bad.

For example one of the main wars is between Het ships and Yaoi/Yuri ships. If we put the strictly het shippers on the side of the Yaoi/Yuri ships and the Yaoi/Yuri shppers on the Het ship side, we may have an interesting discussion. This would also apply Met vs Nevermet and Mainstream vs Crack.

We could also go into genres like Love/Hate, friendship, teacher/student, bad boy/good girl, etc.

I personally think we should do general genres instead of the actual ship because it will become too personal. If we do Poke vs Pearl for example it will ensue chaos between the diehards on both sides.

Rocket Girl

As for something else, what about a thread debating if Rocketshipping is still going? I'm not a big Rocketshipper, but Jessie/James have been in the anime for so long it'll be interesting to see what people think.

Like I've said before, I'm up for any Rocketshipping debate. It would also probably get some Rocketshippers to come back to Serebii for awhile. Don't let the low traffic here fool you, there are a lot us nowadays thanks to DP117.

I also like that taking the other side of a ship idea, and I think Poke vs. Pearl should be given a try since it's worked pretty well at Bulbagarden.

Chelc

Sure we can have a Rocketshipping debate! :) I'm interested to see the status of Rocketshipping right now compared to the beginning in the RSer's POV, and I bet it'd be a great read, too.

As for taking the opposing ships side in a debate, it's a great idea, but I'm not sure how well it would work here and how many people would want to participate, especially for mainstream ships. We could have a trial to see how it goes, with a less common ships debate, but I can't make any promises. There haven't been debates here in a while, and the whole reason Kiori and I banned them was because of the low maturity level of some shippers. Though, that was over a year ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people have matured since then. So, yeah, let's try it with some lesser common ships first to see how it goes, and maybe ask around to see if people are interested. Does that sound alright?

If the yaoi/yuri shippers are up to having debates, that's fine by me. Any debates are welcome except the three that I have mentioned already. Just lemme know by PM, VM, or something about the debate you want to have, and I'll approve it and whatnot.

@Josh/Sonic Boom: Yeah, there aren't very many shippings in Special that are blatant to begin with. Gracefulshipping (Wallace x Winona) is really the only gym leader shipping I can think of that is pretty much canon. So, you're right, I'm not sure how well gym leader shipping debates would work out, lol.

@CC: Yeah, Kenny lacks appearances, so that's why I was unsure about Pearl/Penguin. :< Oh well. Maybe it could work in the future, but probably not right now for the reasons you stated.

@darklord18: I understand where you're coming from, and thanks for giving your input. :) Debates do indeed cause tension between some shippers which is never really a good thing. A lot of shippers tend to stay away from them, but some enjoy them, which is why we're starting them up again.

Soooo, here's a list of things we have so far:

- Pokeshipping vs. Pearlshipping
- Rocketshipping
- Yaoi/yuri shipping debates, ex. Palletshipping
- Lesser common shipping debate (for Tadashi's trial opposing ship concept - if you have any ideas for this please say so)

Also any other ideas for the community are welcome! The main concern right now is just debates, but feel free to throw in anything else.

darklord18

@darklord18: I understand where you're coming from, and thanks for giving your input. Debates do indeed cause tension between some shippers which is never really a good thing. A lot of shippers tend to stay away from them, but some enjoy them, which is why we're starting them up again.

if they cause tension then why in world do it? Really debates like Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping will only end in two thing. one Pearlshipper and Pokeshipper being ban and two, pearlshipper will be leaving the site. I will stand by what I say and I sure many will agree that by have something like Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping or Ash x May vs Pearlshipper will only end those two thing, if you want to do something then DON'T do a debate on Pearlshipping vs pokeshipping or Ash x May or etc, there allready tension between Pokeshipping and Pearlshipping, do you really want to make it worst? Many will agree with me that this will be a bad idea. Bulbagarden can do it because there people respect eachother. here it won't work so just don't go and do something like a Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping, it just too risky and just not something to do with two shipping that are already in high Tensions with each other.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
if they cause tension then why in world do it? Really debates like Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping will only end in two thing. one Pearlshipper and Pokeshipper being ban and two, pearlshipper will be leaving the site. I will stand by what I say and I sure many will agree that by have something like Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping or Ash x May vs Pearlshipper will only end those two thing, if you want to do something then DON'T do a debate on Pearlshipping vs pokeshipping or Ash x May or etc, there allready tension between Pokeshipping and Pearlshipping, do you really want to make it worst? Many will agree with me that this will be a bad idea. Bulbagarden can do it because there people respect eachother. here it won't work so just don't go and do something like a Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping, it just too risky and just not something to do with two shipping that are already in high Tensions with each other.

Really the Pokeshipping vs Pearlshipping Debate is a bad Idea. This will end up in some people getting ban, new comers on both ships getting scare of posting after this, some people hating each other and etc. Bulbgarden does it like darklord said it because they sometimes respect each other and they post better than in here ( sometimes ) and there newcomers sometimes post better than the newcomers in here so you will get those discussion filled with spam to . So having that discusion will really start a flaming war in here or a bashimg one so please don't make that debate.

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
I agree with darklord18 and WGCV23, Poke vs. Pearl would be an invitation for a large-scale flame war and will probably result in many bans. Not a good idea to unleash nukes on unsuspecting shippers (as well as give us shippers a bad name as intense flamers).

However, I do like the idea Tadashi put out. Expanding on that a bit, how about we can have a debate between two (or more even numbers of) members debating the pros/cons of a ship randomly chosen for them? For example, member A takes the side of shipping x and member B takes the side of shipping q.

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
I agree with darklord18 and WGCV23. There are a lot of flame wars on youtube between Pokeshippers and Pearlshippers. What We want is a good rivalry, not bad blood between ships. Most of us want to cool down and support our ships without fights and flamewars. Make the right decision.

Yeti

Banned
Will you guys lay off about Poke v Pearl being the seemingly ONLY ship to degrade into bans and flames and butthurt? Honestly EVERY SINGLE DEBATE we could potentially have could end up the same way.
If people here can't handle two mainstream, very popular ships that stand a chance of becoming canon, then you can't handle any debates and you shouldn't have them, imo.
It doesn't matter what ship/topic you debate, if the people are unable to debate properly regarding one ship, they will be unable to debate properly every single time until they learn, and spamming up debate threads in Shipping isn't the way to learn.
I personally think the Pearlshippers will take this seriously enough to try and find good, vital evidence and post well, along with the Pokeshippers, many of whom probably had experience.

Also, this may just be me, but what is the point of debating yaoi/yuri ships in the Pokemon fandom? It's a show for kids (even if Japan allows homosexuality into stuff for kids I think Nintendo USA and PUSA would throw a fit about it) and there's never been a confirmed homosexual relationship or character.
I've never seen a shred of evidence or what could be called a hint for Palletshipping.. not to mention Gary appears once every season now pretty much, just like Misty and May. So doesn't that suffer the EXACT SAME problem Contest and Advance have with debating them? ;\
IMO debating anything not-het in Pokemon is setting that side up to have no evidence and be purely subjective. The shippers may have created a fantasy world where the ship could play out but it will NEVER become canon in any official media.
You could do "why ship het v yaoi/yuri" but you could only use evidence FROM Pokemon for het imo. There isn't any for yaoi/yuri

If you want a successful debate you need ships that at least stand a chance, or did at one point, of becoming canon. Now we all know the odds that no ships involving main characters or gym leaders/Elite Four members/villains from the last region will ever become canon, but there are some you could prove the greater likelihood of.

People also seem to be missing the points of these debates.. it's not what ship IS better it's which one has the greater chance of becoming canon.
This goes for ship v ship or shippings with a theme of characters, IE gym leaders.

Also regarding the 'Poke debates for Pearl' idea.. you do realize how horrid those debates will turn out, right?? It's never a good idea to debate against what you believe because your heart isn't in it. And if your heart isn't in it, your argument will be flawed, weak, and everyone can tell you don't like the situation.
That's why lawyers are paid so much, especially defense attorneys because they are hired to defend a person even if they disagree or feel the person is guilty. Or if you're assigned to that side for a school project, you have to press through it for your grade, assuming you even care about your grades.
You have no such motivation to get shippers to debate a ship or idea they don't support. Swapping who debates what will lead to shoddy debates because the shippers will not have any evidence built up, any idea of what to use as evidence or where to find it, or even any desire TO get evidence.
Perhaps posters in this thread are willing to debate for a ship/point of view they don't support/like, but it's not fair to subject the many other posters in shipping to do so if they don't want to. If they simply want to debate their ship or POV but can't because they'd have to debate the other, then they won't post and the debate will fail due to not enough interest. Yes, nobody's FORCING them to debate in the thread, or to swap sides, which is why not enough people will want to do it.
In a situation like this, debates with shippers who don't believe in what they are debating for will fail. They have no reason to try and prove the ship will become canon, that shipping het is valid, etc.
I just can't see it working out because I've never seen a debate with one side not believing in what their side is win in school. And if that's for a grade, what will you-get-nothing-except-the-chance-to-debate-something-you-don't-support-or-like get you?
*You in this section isn't anyone in particular just.. the community as a whole I guess

Having a shipping SECTION can cause tension, flames and the like. If people are so afraid of what the debates could possibly hold if people aren't respectful and don't read the FAQ regarding it, then stay out of the debates and let those who want to debate in a calm, polite, professional manner do so.
If you don't like the thread, don't read it/don't post. If you don't like the debate, don't bother with it. People who don't want to have an enjoyable, legible, light-hearted debate can simply not post and allow those who do to debate.

As for my final thoughts...
What is really the point of 'debating' het and yaoi/yuri? Some people support het, some people support yaoi, some people support yuri, some support it all. It's not like there'd be any 'evidence' you could use except "oh I think this scene or this pic is so cute *-*" which is your own opinion.
If someone can come up with a valid way to get an actual DEBATE about het and yaoi/yuri as opposed to "I support het because it is the way people are meant to be" and "I support yaoi because guy on guy spawns the best fanart", please do. But as I see it, it'll just be people questioning others' opinions and there'll be no facts.
A debate is based off facts and evidence, though with a good deal of logical thinking, relations IE if a = b and b = c, a = c, and speculation in some cases. What is are the solid reasons for het and yaoi/yuri to be debated??
Just saying I don't think this would be an actual debate so much as opinions and personal taste.

Ship v ship, or free-for-all regarding one character/class of character is the best way I can see debates going. If we want the debates to turn out well I think this is how we should do it, because it provides the most grounds for using actual hints and evidence and then debating those for what ship is more likely to become canon as opposed to opinions.

I think manga ships should definitely be one of the debates because I know there's a fair amount of interest in the ships in Poke Special especially but some conflict. Not sure if they are too 'old' to be debated though but hey.

Just my opinion on the subjects at hand. I don't want the debates to end up badly which I believe they will in some cases just due to the nature of the debates. :X

Chelc

No one is trying to put down any ship... it's just a debate. :[ I don't get why debates have to be considered as a flamewar. Not only are debates about trying to prove which ship has a better chance at being canon, but for people to come to an understanding of the opposing ship. I'm a Pokeshipper myself, and I don't hate Pearlshippers or Pearlshipping. Just because I don't support it, it doesn't mean I have something against it. I just don't understand it like Pealshippers do. I'm interested in what Pearlshippers have to say, as are other Pokeshippers, I bet. Pokeshippers aren't rude - maybe some are, but they are mature and respectful for the most part. Hell, I'm friends with TONS of Advanceshippers, and do our ship differences get in the way? No. We may not fully understand each others ships but we don't let that get in the way of our friendship, because we know about a thing called respect. Respecting other shippings is a big part of what us mods try to promote in this community. We even have a rule against bashing and flaming! It's kind of sad to hear that you are all afraid of flamewars here. I'm just really sorry to hear that. :( I feel like a lot of shippers have matured in the last year, and would be able to talk about the two shippings without getting impatient and angry at the other side, which is why debates are unbanned now.

If there is ANY flaming whatsoever, a moderator will take care of it, and said user(s) will be dealt with. It's not necessary to participate in the debate, either, so please don't worry about that. Also if the debates don't work out, we can always close them. We don't know what will happen until we try. :)

Also, can everyone please calm down? Take a look at what you're saying before you post. This is getting kind of out of hand. Read CyberCubed's post. This is all meant for fun and a way of understanding the ships. This isn't meant to be a war. :|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.