• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers Secret Santa 2010 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do hope my Ferriswheelshipping banner does not disturb you. It could've been better (such as BlackJackshipping).

Welcome to the 3rd annual Secret Santa event. With the approval of the three great Shipping Gods (Skiyomi, Vycksta and Encyclopika), I have my hands on this event yet again! Last year's was a thrill sans a few small problems that involved bad effort and lack of presents. This year I'm hoping to make this a complete success. However I lack a helper for the event so if anyone wants to help me out this year, PM me and I'll see if you can! :)

To start it off, in case you have no idea what Secret Santa is, here's a Wiki definition:
Wikipedia.org said:
Secret Santa is a Western holiday tradition in which members of a group are randomly assigned other members to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practiced in workplaces, or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary. It offers a way for many people to give and receive a gift at low cost to those involved.

In SPPF events, there are rules!
  1. It's not mandatory to join but if you do decide to post and participate, it means you will also be giving a present to someone else in the thread.
    [*]Sign ups are available to everyone until November 15th, 11:59 EST. Grab the form, answer and post it. You can edit it any time until the 15th.
  2. On November 16th/17th you will be sent a randomized name and you will have to give them a gift based on their post. Don't whine or throw tantrums about the person you got. We also recommend that you keep everything a secret because it's more fun that way.
  3. You have until January 1st to PM your gift to me or the helper of the thread. No excuses on why you are late for you have over a month to make a gift.
  4. Gifts must be done for the internet so you don't have to waste any cash. (unless it's for more brain power) Fanfiction, Fanart, graphics can be made.
  5. These forums are rated PG-13 so anything above the rating will be unacceptable! Not smut, okay?
  6. Effort must be put into your gift so the person does not receive a horrible gift. You will be pelted with rocks if you submit a sloppy work.
  7. PM the hostess (myself) for any concerns and/or questions.

Have no clue what the name of your pairing is?
Look it up here.

Now for the form:
HTML:
[b]Information:[/b] Introduce yourself in two sentences or more with juicy details to make your gift easier.
[b]Have you been good or naughty this year?[/b] Santa is watching you where ever you go. Answer with honesty!
[b]Favorite Pokémon Pairings:[/b] You can provide up to three of your favorite ships that you would love to receive. You can use ship names if you want.
[B]Preferred Gift:[/B] Do you rather read a delicious one-shot or drabble? Do you rather wish to stare at an art for hours? Rather want to show off your pretty graphic? It's up to you!
[b]Anything else?[/b] Whatever you want the person who's making your gift to know goes here.

Deadlines in a nutshell:
Sending names to everyone will be done November 16th. -- EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 17TH because I have horrible timing and SPPF lags during the right times
Final day to PM your gift is on January 1st.
All gifts will be given on January 2nd.

Participants
We need at least 20 to begin! Total: 26
Skiyomi
The Renowned Obscurity
blondekid15
FlameRose

xxGlassRose
Yeti
Mayfan
Araleon
CoordinatingMaster
starlighthope
pokefan#493
Tadashi
~SkyHigh~
Romanticide
darklord18
Judgement
Mr. Joker
minkachan

Gazmof
Lil Crickee
Espeon_114x

KibaLG8
Sweet May
GalladeX

Let the festivities begin!

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
*salute* Sign me up!

Information: Hello there! This is Skiyomi, she of the constantly changing signature and deeply held Slayers obsession. If you hear me mention Xellos or Filia then you’ve already lost your chance to run.
Have you been good or naughty this year? I’ve been fairly good… keeping up with my fanfiction and graphics. That’s what counts, right?
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: 1. Pokeshipping 2. Chessshipping 3. Rocketshipping
Preferred Gift: I am really and truly happy with anything you’re willing to give.
Anything else? If you're writing something, I tend to prefer comedy over fluffy romance. Thanks!

Yay, I'm suddenly super excited for this! My involvement in the world of shipping has been lacking as of late...

Information: Yo, I'm The Renowned Obscurity, or TRO for short. I'm a freshman in college and I still love Pokemon to the point where it may be unhealthy. I'm incredibly open-minded when it comes to shipping (and I'm a big multishipper), so anything goes in my book (although I tend to be drawn to yaoi more). Shipping is at its best to me when it's subtle. I'm also a massive derp who lacks to the ability to express herself in a few sentences.
Have you been good or naughty this year?It's been a long year... Take that as you wish.
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Rolandshipping (Giima/Shikimi), AllWrongshipping (N/Cheren), Airplaneshipping (Kamitsure/Fuuro), Fatherlyshipping (Falkner/Janine)
Preferred Gift: Well if it's Airplaneshipping, a fic would be appreciated (because there's already fanart everywhere), but for the other three 'ships, anything would be fine. ^_^
Anything else? I like weird B/W ships that I have a feeling nobody will make things for, which is why I'm requesting them here. So sorry if my 'ship choices seem odd to you. ;;
But I will greatly appreciate anything I receive!~
Also, if I receive you, expect a fic, for writing is my thing and I can't do graphics/art : (

Moar people participate, gogogo!

Last edited:

blondekid15

Pokéshipper
I'd like to join :)

Information: Hi my name's Jeanie, I'm 16, sophmore in high school, and just as in love with Pokemon as I was three years ago. I love making AMVs so I hope that's a good gift I could give cause I can't do art or graphics and my fanfics aren't that good lol

Have you been good or naughty this year? Good for the most part

Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Pokeshipping, Contestshipping, and Ikarishipping

Preferred Gift: Anything Pokeshipping but I prefer a fanart or graphic or something I could stare at xD

Anything else? Maybe a youtube background if my person can make those? Or an AMV? But don't do anything that you don't want to do, but like I said, I'd be good with anything Pokeshipping.

FlameRose

Information: Hey there! I'm Emily, an admittedly semi active and more stalkerish member of SPPf, whose pretty much surviving her first year of high school and waiting for B/W to come out.
Have you been good or naughty this year? I'd say pretty good? xD
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: 1. Chosenshipping (PokeSpe Silver x Blue), HeatTagshipping (Anime Conway x Dawn), FerrisWheelshipping (Gameverse N x Touko)
Preferred Gift: A good fic makes me squeal for hours on end, but fanart is nice as well.
Anything else? If it's anything with the above three ships I'll be happy.

Oh, and forgot to mention: my gift will DEFINITELY be written, since I don't have photoshop or art skills.

Last edited:
I so want to join! I adore Secret Santas~!
Information: I'm Dannie and a freshman. I'm happy and upbeat, and I love the Pokemon games and any form of art =]
Have you been good or naughty this year? I've been pretty good. Haven't gotten in trouble at school or anything
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Oh my gosh there are so many! But for this I'll say Pokeshipping, Contestshipping, Wishfulshipping (Dento x Iris), and Fatherlyshipping (Flakner x Janine)
Preferred Gift: Anything with those pairings is good. I love graphics though so if I got one of those or a nice fanart I'd probably squeal :]
Anything else? That's about it :3
And by the way, I prefer to design and write, though I love drawing too. Whoever I get might recieve anything!

Last edited:

Yeti

Banned
Information: Do I really need an introduction? Hi I'm Yeti, I run your shippy claiming thread, your Shippers Awards, and your Debates. Or I would if people participated. Also I am the militant TG shipping empress.
Have you been good or naughty this year? Depends on who you ask and how butthurt they are. Considering the number of times I've been banned in 2010, admittedly some were due to rage and unjust and thus removed/shortened/etc, I'd have to say badsauce.
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Betelgeuse/Jovian/Clonegeuse. Did you expect anything else?
Preferred Gift: I am chill with anything. I enjoy fics moreso than art/banners, but whatever you want to do. Also I will only draw something for my gift if it's a ship I like, sorry but I have a lot of other art to do for non-Pokemon and if I don't feel your ship, I'd rather write.
Anything else? I know legit nothing about fifth gen except I think all the characters are ugly, so gifter no fifth gen or I'll be lost, and person I'm gifting to I hope you have a 1-4 gen ship on your list so I know what I'm talking about. Also I hate char death so none of that C:

and yes Sweet May I'll put in effort and present a good result. who the truck trolls Christmas anyway??

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
Information: I'm Mayfan/Erica, I'm in 8th grade and a huge Poke-Nerd and shipping fan 8D
Have you been good or naughty this year? Naughty Nice of course :3
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: NegaiShipping, AdvanceShipping, IkariShipping
Preferred Gift: Art / Graphic :3
Anything else? I prefer drawn art but graphics are great too :3

Araleon

Chill
Information: Well, I'm Araleon, a male in the eleventh grade. I like girls. Uh... I write. The end? I'm pretty easy to please, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to making others happy. Just a note to whoever I might do a gift for: I can write well, but I can't draw to save my life, and I am graphically challenged...
Have you been good or naughty this year? Well, I was naughty in January with my last Secret Santa gift to someone... I still feel like crap about it. Other than that, I've been nice. I even managed to pull my Calc grade from failing to a C and keep my As in my other AP classes!
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: HoennChampionshipping (May/Haruka x Steven Stone/Daigo)
Preferred Gift: One one-shot please!
Anything else? Well, Glaceon's my favorite Pokemon. So is Arcanine. f one of them is in the story, that'd be cool. My preferred thing would be an anime AU, so you could change May's team if you'd like. I'd also prefer it to be when the characters are older, please.

Gracias, y felices fiestas a todos!

(even though it's a month or so early...)

CoordinatingMaster

Contestshipper <3
This looks really fun. :)

Information: My name is Salena you pronounce it like Selena and I'm in 6th grade. I love shipping and I'm really obsessed with my favorite ones.

Have you been good or naughty this year? I'm totally nice. ;)

Favorite Pokemon Pairings: Contestshipping, Pokeshipping, or Ikarishipping would be awesome. =)

Preferred Gift: A one-shot would be cool or fan art but you can give me anything you want.

Anything else? I like some fluff in one-shots but it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

starlighthope

aka The March Hare
I think I'd like to give this a try. :3

Information: Hello! Just call me Starlight. I'm a high school senior and love drawing, singing, acting...well, you get the idea.
Have you been good or naughty this year? I would like to think good.
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: 1. Accordshipping, 2. Pokeshipping, 3. Rangershipping
Preferred Gift: Doesn't really matter to me. :3
Anything else? The three ships I listed are in order of how much I like them, sort of. I'm obsessed with the first one, and the third one was sort of random because I had forgotten all about it until I saw it on a list. xD

Also, whoever receives a gift from me is more than likely going to be receiving fanart or some sort of graphic - I'm terrible at writing.

Glad to participate again!

Information: Hey aaall. You may or may not know me already (and if you don't then shame on thou), but I'm pokefan#493 (aka Pat) and I'm a big shipper ayup yup. I've been here for almost 2 years and I've settled into the Shippers community quite snuggly since then. I don't log on regularly anymore since early summer, but I'm not dead here, oh no. Anime watcher, book & manga reader, music listener, ameteur artist, writer, and shipper all in one.

Have you been good or naughty this year? I've been pretty good this year. Minimum arguments with my siblings, obedient student *shot*, hard worker, advice giver.. I'm afraid my naughtiness died down a bit this year, folks. )':

Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Pearl, Chess, and Hoennshipping

Preferred Gift: A graphic would be lovely I must admit, but a one-shot will suffice too. Anything really. Pickiness is not my strong point when it involves cyber gifts.

Anything else? Don't rush yourself (unless you haven't started the present until a day before the deadline; in such case RUSH YOURSELF DAMMIT), but take however much time you need and have fun with making whatever you intend to make. It doesn't have to be perfect, ya know.

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Information: Hi, my name's Tadashi. You may remember me as the owner of the Drabble thread and propagator of Palletshipping fanfiction and the Pallet thread. I lost interest a while ago (I blame school) but BW kinda brought me back.
Have you been good or naughty this year? Since September came around, I've been ridiculously naughty. I can't remember much before that, but overall 'naughty' feels like the right answer.
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: If you send me Palletshipping, you're golden. I also love Contest, Bishie, ColdCoffee, Rocket, HeatTag, Ash/pretty much anybody lol (especially if 'anyone' is male. I like yaoi ok, sue me!)
Preferred Gift: I like written gifts because it feels more personal, you know? Graphics are a-ok as well ^^
Anything else? My gift will be written, and there's a 99% chance that it will include fluff and/or dirty humor.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I'm happy to join in this. :D

Information: Hi there, I'm Ashley. I'm a freshman in High School. I'm a very big fan of the Pokemon shippings too.

Have you been good or naughty this year? I've been very good this year, I haven't gotten into any trouble this year ;D

Favorite Pokémon Pairings: I'm a big fan of Pearlshipping (Ash/Dawn), SpecialShipping (Red/Yellow), Contestshipping (Drew/May), & Orangeshipping (Tracey/Misty)

Preferred Gift: A Graphic would be lovely but I'm not picky. I'll take anything your willing to give me

Anything else? My gift will most likely be written because I don't have photoshop and I'm moving at the end of December. Also, to the person making my gift, don't rush yourself.

Romanticide

This sounds fun!

Information: Hello all~ I'm Romanticide, a sophmore in highschool. I've been obsessing over Pokemon for as long as I can remember. I love every and any form of Pokemon media.
Have you been good or naughty this year? A little naughtyness, but much more goodness<3
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: So many! But my top three are Ferriswheelshipping (N x Touko/White), Missourishipping (Lyra x May), and SapphirePearlshipping (May x Dawn).
Preferred Gift: I'm completely chill with anything, really.
Anything else?Ferriswheelshipping is my current OTP, but I love the other two almost just as much.
Also, my gift will most likely be either written or fanart, because I'm not too confindent in my graphics.

Last edited:

darklord18

Information: I darklord18, though I'm a major shipper supporter here I been mostly hanging around Clan area, decided I could ues the practices to improve in fic writing. i don't feel like saying anything else expect I only do fics.
Have you been good or naughty this year? i dont know, i rather have other say but imo yes
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Cheekyshipping/Max x Mira (My OTP), Proof x magnemite, Mira x Abra/warpshipping, Mira x Cresselia/hairwingsshipping, Mira x Togekiss/puffyshipping.
Preferred Gift: One shot or fan art
Anything else? Note i would like the character looking like how they in the anime and if u don't who Proof is (Girl from Movie 13) look up on bulbapedia or just pick one of the other, I don't mind what one u pick just keep how they look to how they look in the anime Please.

hope this is ok

Last edited:

Judgement

This looks like fun, count me in!

Information: Hello, Judgement here. I may not be a very active poster, but I'm always lurking the shippers community. Also I am a horrible writer and will definately not be doing any writing, I'm more of an art-person.
Have you been good or naughty this year? I guess it depends on your definition of good ;)
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Brunettshipping (Gary x May), JourneyOrDestinationShipper (Zero x May), Advanceshipping (Ash x May)
Preferred Gift: I would prefer to see something Brunetteshipping or JourneyOrDestinationShipping, since it's pretty rare to see material for it (I don't think I've ever seen anything actually... That makes me sad). But I'll gladly accept advanceshipping too. I don't care whatever my present may be, I'll be happy to receive anything!
Anything else? I can't think of anything to add really. Good Luck to whoever will be doing my present!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Information: Heyyo ^^ Mr. Joker/Kamitsure/Adam here :) I've been at Serebii for two years now, and I participated in the Secret Santa once before~
Have you been good or naughty this year? I've been a little shit. Naw, in all honesty, I have been trying very hard this year.
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: RaimonShipping - Touya & Kamitsure // NegaiShipping - Ash & Iris // AtmosShipping - Falkner & Fuuro
Preferred Gift: Preferably a banner + icon combo :)
Anything else? nufin' really. Although I do love my RaimonShipping ^^.

minkachan

Verbal *** Kicking
Information: Hi! I'm Minka, and I'm new to Serebii, although I've been a fan of PKMN since... well, about eleven years ago. And I'm a snarky college kid.
Have you been good or naughty this year? Super naughty. Like, way naughty.
Favorite Pokémon Pairings: Satoshi x Kasumi; Kasumi x Haruka; Green x Blue (PokeSpe)
Preferred Gift: I loves me some written word. Drabbles are great, and so are one-shots. I don't care. Whichever the author feels most comfortable with.
Anything else? Have a wonderful time, and if you ruin the holiday for me, I'll never forgive you.

Okay first of all I would like to thank all the members who are participating this year! :D <3

2nd, there's 5 lefts left to sign up and we need at least 2 or more participants to start so anyone else who wants to participate, COME ON DOWN!

3rd, I'll update the first post with all the members. Again, thank you for signing up~

Status
Not open for further replies.