• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers Secret Santa 2014 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome members to the Shippers' Secret Santa!

This is a holiday event in the Shippers Community that has happened annually for the past couple of years to celebrate cheer with our favorite pairings. By far things has worked out extremely well, thanks to you (if you have done this before) and to others who previously joined. With permission from the Shipping moderators, I will be your host yet again for this festive time!

To sum up the purpose of the thread: members will sign up to participate by filling out a form provided below. Once the sign up period is over, they will be assigned another participant to create a Pokemon-related present for. Since this is a free forum, there won't be money involved nor addresses to be provided. Only fanworks such as fan art, fan fiction, graphics, and AMVs are allowed. Pretty simple, huh? :D

The sign up period will last through the rest of November. Two weeks so there is plenty of time to sign up. Once that is over, I will PM each participant the following day a randomized member in which they will make something for. The gift-making process will last until December 30th, 2014. Gifts will be posted on December 31st, 2014.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Now every thread has rules so let's get to them!

Rules
  • Follow SPPF General Rules.
    1. Spamming is a huge issue. Keep the posts related to this thread. All you need is a sign up post here.
    2. Flaming any member or a shipping is bad. Be kind to each other as we're a community.
    3. Keep everything at a PG level. Explicit material will get you in trouble with the moderators.
  • Be committed to this event.
    1. Once you sign up, it is required you make the effort to follow up on your part.
    2. There is no limit to what you want to give the member but do not leave them empty handed.
    3. All gift submissions must be sent via Private Message to me before the deadline. Via attachment or direct link to the content. Multiple PMs are OK if written work is long. If I have to download something to see the content, it will not be accepted.
    4. Do not reveal whom you are making a present for. Also do not ask who is your Secret Santa until AFTER the gifts have been given.
  • PM me or any Shipping moderator is there is a problem.
    1. If it is a question regarding the event, such as what is appropriate to give your assigned member or if it qualifies, PM me, Sweet May.
    2. If it is a concern between the behavior of another member throughout the event, PM a Shipping moderator.

Now for the fun part!

Sign-Up Form
You can just copy and paste the form below and answer it. Post it when you are done and you are automatically accepted! There is no other requirement for joining. New members and outside-Shippers Community are more than welcome to participate.
Form:[noparse]
Name
Tell us about you in a sentence or more!
What are your top favorite ships?
What gift would you really prefer?
Anything else you wanna say?[/noparse]

To give you a better idea on how to answer this:
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! - describe yourself and some interests you like
What are your top 5 favorite ships? Pokemon ships only It will be difficult for your Secret Santa if they don't know the series.
What gift would you really prefer? do you want art more? fanfiction? no preference?
Anything else you wanna say?

Participants
total: 17

- MonMonCandie
- Kutie Pie
- ⊱✿RedAshEntropy
- xEryChan
- Scarlet Tactician
- PoketrainerJaden
- HoundoomFan
- Meowth City
- JSLatios
- Moonlight Amaryllis
- PopPrincess_Lyra
- Kitt Geekazaru
- Megg Lavender
- JetshipperKekkaishi
- Pakira
- darklord18
- Garde

Gifts
You do not need some killer talent to give somebody a present. As long as you tried your best, do not worry about your skills in art, writing, etc. Effort and time are your friends.

These are the types of gifts you can give your assigned member.

• Fan Art
    • Doodles or clean sketches
    • Small comic (4koma)
    You can use a scanner or camera to display your traditional works. For uploading websites, use Photobucket or Imgur and send their direct links.
  • FanFiction
    • One-shots (1000 words or more)
    • Drabbles (100-500 words)
    • Poems
    As mentioned, you can send multiple PMs to me if your fanfiction is longer than the maximum character limit in a private message. No pdfs or .doc files,
  • Graphics
    • Banner
    • Icons (please give at least 3)
    • Wallpapers
    Use .PNG format. For uploading websites, use Photobucket or Imgur and send their direct links.
  • Music Videos
    • AMVs/MMVs
    • Betas
    Due to privacy, music videos must be sent to me using Photobucket.

Extra notes:
- If the member you are making a gift to prefers a type of fanwork that you do not excel in, do your best or just work what what you are best at. No need to pressure yourself.
- Whichever way you create your gift, DO NOT SUBMIT IT TO THE PUBLIC until after the event is over. No uploading to devianART, fanfiction.net, Tumblr, etc.

This seems to be everything. Check back for updates and vice versa. Really looking forward to how this year's event will go. Don't be shy and join us!

Happy Holidays and have fun!

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Name: MonMonCandie
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! I have no idea what to put here, but I have fun shipping in the Pokemon fandom since it's so flexible to pair characters IMO.
1) Volkner/Jasmine
2) Morty/Whitney
3) Lance/Karen
4) Flint/Elesa
5) Siebold/Malva
What gift would you really prefer? Fanfic, though anything is good!
Anything else you wanna say? Have fun and good luck! Sorry if my ships are nearly obscure. :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Name: Kutie Pie
Tell us about you in a sentence or more!: Most people who know me are aware of this, but I'm a hopeless romantic, I have been for many years. I have a bit of an idealized view on romance, even though in recent years, it's become more down-to-earth while still holding to that belief love is more beautiful than it first lets on. That's most likely why I've still remained an active shipper for all these years, next to the fact I love to write and drew, and I don't see that going away any time soon.
What are your top favorite ships?:
1) Mewshipping (Mewtwo x Mew)
2) PokéShipping (Ash x Misty)
3) ContestShipping (Drew x May)
4) RocketShipping (Jessie x James)
5) LunarEclipseShipping (Darkrai x Cresselia)
What gift would you really prefer?: Fan art or fan fiction will be fine, please.
Anything else you wanna say?: I would like the very best from you while also showing that you had fun making it.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Name: RedAshEntropy
Tell us about you in a sentence or more!: A shipper. Anime fan. A pokemon fan. Fanartist.XD I major major love shipping anime characters and that includes in the pokemon fandom.
*This is not in order though but here's some of my fave ships:
1.EgoShipping (Gary x Misty)
2..Pokeshipping(Ash x Misty)
3. KalosShipping
4.CorruptedShipping
5.Alan x Astrid (I'm sorry I don't know what their shipping name is)
What gift would you really prefer? I would really love anything, It would be amazing to have can be a graphic banner or a fanart ..but I would totally accept/appreciate anything.:) anything that comes from the heart.
Anything else you wanna say? I'm looking forward for this Secret Santa. Advance happy holidays and advance Merry Christmas!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Glad to see this is up, I will sticky this for you now.

Name: xEryChan but everyone calls me Ery.
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! I'm a 22 year old Pokemon fan and I have been since I was in the second grade. I'm a hopeless romantic and an avid Pearlshipper. I really don't know what to put here haha
Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn)
Specialshipping (Red x Yellow)
Contestshipping (Drew x May)
Transceivershipping (Nate x Yancy)
Agencyshipping (Black x White)
What gift would you really prefer? I would prefer a graphic but I'll love anything I get.
Anything else you wanna say? Enjoy yourself, that's what this event is all about.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Name: Scarlet Tactician
Tell us about you in a sentence or more!: I've been a Pokémon fan basically forever, and am 21 now, but I didn't get into shipping hard until about 4th gen or so (though I had a couple of ships before without realizing it). Also, my favorite Pokémon is actually Shaymin! My username is outdated.
Looker x Serena
N x Hilda
Silver x Lyra
Red x Kris
Curtis x Rosa
What gift would you really prefer?: Fan art or a banner, if possible. That's not to say I'll complain if I get otherwise, though. A new sig or just fan art to admire would just be nice in general.
Anything else you wanna say?: This is my first year participating in this, and I look forward to it! I hope whoever I gift enjoys whatever I make for them! And I hope whoever gifts me doesn't cringe too hard at my own ships.;)

EDIT: I am the user formerly known as shadowmilotic. It seems my name change from earlier went through, so just a heads up for the list.

Last edited:
Thanks for joining, guys! Makes me happy. :D Also thanks for adding this to the list of stickies, xEryChan.

I've added everyone to the first post so anyone else who wishes to join, feel free to post!

Name: PoketrainerJaden
Tell us about yourself in a sentence or more: I am just a huge fan of this series ever since I could hold a game boy and im 18 now. No matter what I will always love this series.
What are my top shippings:
Luckyshipping (Red x Blue)
Agencyshipping (Black x White)
Advanceshipping (Ash x May)
Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)
Mangaquestshipping (Gold x Crystal)
What gift would I prefer? I'm not picky when it comes to this so anything is fine.
Anything else I wanna say? This my first time doing this so I'm excited for this. I hope I can make something good forever I get picked for.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Name: HoundoomFan
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! Just got back into the pkmn anime not too long ago and always loved the games. Got into shipping around my teen years and there's little I dislike nowadays.
Palletshipping (Gary & Ash)
Huntershipping (Gold/Ethan & Silver)
Sequelshipping (Hugh & Rosa)
Dualrivalshipping (Cheren & Bianca)
Brighttomorrowshipping (Calm & Shauna)
What gift would you really prefer? Fanart, but I'll be happy with whatever C=
Anything else you wanna say? This will be my first time doing this and am excited for this :D

Meowth City

Staff member
Name: Meowth City (or MC for short)

I'm just a shipper with an interest in cute things, living in her imagination and listening to Taylor Swift songs on repeat. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know, you could always read my bio for more ;3

1. SommelierShipping (Cilan x Burgundy)
2. GeekChicShipping (Clemont x Serena)
3. FleurDeGrenadeShipping (Grant x Viola)
4. RocketShipping (Jesse x James)
5. PokeShipping (Ash x Misty)

I would love either fanart or a graphic, but I will be happy to receive anything you can give.

Happy holidays and, most importantly, just enjoy yourself.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Name: JSLatios

Tell us about you in a sentence or more: Well, I love Pokemon and my favourite pokeyman would have to be Latios (No surprises there xD) plus I LOVE falcons!!!

What are your top favourite shippings:
Amourshipping
Egoshipping
Luckshipping

What gift would you prefer: A poem about Latios and Latias, but anything is greatly appreciated :)

Anything else you wanna say:
Have a merry Christmas everyone :D

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Name: Moonlight Amaryllis
Tell us about you in a sentence or more!: Even though I am relatively inexperienced and disinterested in romantic relationships myself, I enjoy shipping passionately and actively. Not too sure why, I just do.
NegaiShipping (Ash/Iris)
SommelierShipping (Cilan/Burgundy)
BoutiqueShipping (Serena/Shauna)
UnovaShipping (Black/N)
KodakShipping (Ash/Trip)
What gift would you really prefer?: I would be happy with anything bursting with creativity.
Anything else you wanna say?: Good luck, everyone, and let's all try our bests!

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Name
Jo

I'm a weirdo.

May/Lisia (CURRENT FAVE)
Whitney/Lyra
Dawn/Cynthia
Pikachu/Meowth
Elsa/Anna (Frozen)

Art c:

Nah. I'm obessed with Frozen atm. So... xD nya~

Last edited:
I've updated the list with more sign ups! Thank you all for participating! There's less than a week left but anyone is more than welcome to join. :)

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Hey, my gift will probably be terrible, but I'll give it a shot.
Name King Infernape the III. Soon to be Kitt Geekazaru when name changes occur.
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! I'm not a huge shipper, I mostly have very strong opinions on some ships. I love both Fire Emblem and Smash in addition to Pokemon, and I wish otherworldly ships were allowed.
What are your top favorite ships? Advanceshipping (Ash x May), Contestshipping (May x Drew), Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn), FightingAuraShipping (Infernape x Lucario), Rendshipping (Grovyle x Celebi)
What gift would you really prefer? A banner or some fanfiction, but whatever is best for you.
Anything else you wanna say? Seems fun, I hope I get someone who wants art so I can fine-tune my skills!

Name: Megg Lavender (I was formerly Kiseki! You can still call me that username, or you can call me Megg or Misa. ^^)

I'm someone who likes to write and create artwork. I've also been a fan of the Pokemon franchise since 2002. Pokemon is one of my top favorite fandoms! ^^

1. Questshipping (Jimmy x Marina)
2. SoulSilvershipping (Silver x Lyra)
3. Colosseumshipping (Wes x Rui)
4. Pokeshipping (Ash x Misty)
5. Contestshipping (Drew x May)
6. Hoennshipping (Brendan x May)
7. Livecastershipping (Curtis x Rosa)
8. Kalosshipping (Calem x Serena)

I don't really care what gift I receive, as long as the other member has worked his/her hardest on creating it. ^^

I will most likely create a short fan fiction piece (depending on the member's favored pairings), graphic, or fan art (once again, depending on the member's favored pairings).

Last edited:

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Name:JetshipperKekkaishi
Tell us about you in a sentence or more!:I was practicing writing better Fanfiction. So I hope to have fun with this project.
1)Jetshipping: Hilbert x Skyla
2)Amourshipping:Ash x Serena
3)Calem x Viola
4) Pearlshipping: Ash x Dawn
Nothing comes to mind. I don't mind on what it is.
Anything else you wanna to say.:
I can only do fanfics and can come up with ideas depends on what shipping it is. Just have fun everyone. And hope that I can have fun creating something for someone.

Pakira

Burning Up
Name Pakira
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! Not much to say, I hope to be able to give someone a nice gift they'll enjoy.
Malva/Wikstrom
Curtis/Rosa
Elesa/Skyla
What gift would you really prefer?Art or writing but anything is fine, do what you're comfortable with!
Anything else you wanna say? Hope everyone has a fun holiday!

darklord18

Name darklord20
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! hi i am darklord a big fan of cheekyshipping and pokemon, cardfight vanguard and many other things.
What are your top favorite ships? cheekyshipping, mira x abra, peg/proof x magnemite.
What gift would you really prefer? fan art is what i prefer but if you can not do writing anything fine as long as it pg.
Anything else you wanna say? have fun.

hope i not late had some real life stuff going on.

Garde

Ballroom Dancer
I hope I'm not too late to sign up for this
Name Garde (you can call me Bri)
Tell us about you in a sentence or more! I'm mostly a lurker on these forums but I'm a longtime fan of Pokemon. I mostly do roleplaying.
What are your top favorite ships? In order of preference they are
1- AegislashShipping
2- SirknightShipping
3- FairyKnightShipping
4- GirlPowerShipping
5- GlistenShipping
What gift would you really prefer? Writing is always loved I don't really care though
Anything else you wanna say? Have fun! I definitely will do my best with my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.