• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers Secret Santa 2014 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I probably said this one too many times but thank you all for joining the event! The deadline for signups have passed so now it's onto the best part. I have sent every participant a Private Message with their assignment but if you didn't receive yours for some reason, let me know.

Now here's some information about the gift making process in case anyone has questions:

Deadline to submit a gift is: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST. [Countdown timer here]

Gift-Making Info
  • When making a gift, it has to be anonymous. That means no signature or indication that you made the gift.
  • Again, you don't need to have amazing skills but as long as you put effort into something, as in you didn't just take 5 minutes to rush through this thing, anything is acceptable.
  • If you don't like any of the member's ships, just deal with it. Don't make some hateful piece because that's disrespectful.
  • If you don't know any of the member's ships, look it up to gain some knowledge. Hint, Google is your friend.
  • There is no size requirements other than for writing but look at the "Gift" section to see the requirements for that.
  • It does not have to be holiday-related but that is up to you.

Gift Submitting Info
  • When you finish a gift, you are to send it to me, Sweet May, before the deadline is over. Any submission afterwards will not be counted for.
  • Gifts are going to be posted the following day on this thread.
  • Do not share it with friends or post it anywhere until AFTER I post the gifts. Also don't tell the person you got that you are making a gift for them.
  • If in the event you are unable to participate anymore, let me know in advance. There is no extensions this time around so if you know you will be busy with life, start your gift as soon as possible.

It would be really painful if someone worked hard for your gift and you gave someone else nothing.

I think that's everything. I'll update it anytime some new question or something comes up. As I mentioned in the PM, if you need help, let me know and I'll do my best to assist. ^_^ I'm excited to see what everyone makes~

OKAY apologies for the hold up. (and the double post) Been a little tossed around with the New Year festivities so I wasn't around to make this post until now. (and well because the thread is pretty much at its 30-day limit...)

I just want to say thank you to everyone who joined, participated and supported this! I was super happy to see lots of entries given to me this year. I just want to wish everyone a belated Happy New Year and I hope everyone's holidays went well!

Now the gift posting commences. Now please be patient for your gift to show up. I'm going to try to post as much gifts as possible but due to my lame schedule, I'll be posting them throughout the day. However, you are free to start posting whatever you made in your websites to share with others. All these gifts are posted anonymously so if you would like to know who made your gift, please PM me and I will let you know. You can then thank them or whatever.

All gifts are posted underneath a spoiler for image heavy. Just open it to see your gift under your name. :D

Without further ado, let's begin!!

To JSLatios:
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/pAkwi51.jpg[/img139]

To Scarlet Tactician
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/jRg3wzC.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/8SQNb1Q.jpg[/img139]

To xEryChan
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/d7WetR0.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/ci6pBth.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/zLtwB1q.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/HIFawFx.png[/img139]

To JetshipperKekkaishi
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/sj3oTWq.png[/img139]

To Kitt Geekazaru
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/TmCBBAk.png[/img139]

To HoundoomFan
“Hey Cheren, Merry Christmas!” a blonde girl wearing a red Santa dress yelled.
“Hey Bianca, Merry Christmas.” a teenage boy with glasses and a wool sweater with a sawsbuck on it, blue jeans and brown loafers.
“So how’s the decorations coming along?” Bianca asked, eyes filled with excitement.
“Just about done. Only a few things left.” Cheren answered.
“Sweet!” Bianca said cheerfully. Bianca then notice something on the table. It was mistletoe. She then came up with a playful idea, which also caused her to blush.
Cheren had just finished putting the decorations on the tree and the rest of the living room. Bianca had hung up the mistletoe right above the living room door without Cheren noticing, then went to make hot chocolate.
“Well what do you think Serperior?” Cheren asked his grass snake partner.
“Serp.” Serperior responded with a happy look on its face.
“Thanks buddy.” Cheren stated petting his partner.
“Yeah it looks awesome!” Bianca announced with hot chocolate in her hands. “And for such a great job your reward.” Bianca stated handing Cheren his coco.
“Thanks.” Cheren thanked his friend. They both took a sip from their drinks, then Bianca let out a small chuckle which caught Cheren’s attention. “What’s so funny?” Cheren asked.
“Oh nothing except…” Bianca then pointed above their heads blushing a bit. Cheren looked up and noticed the mistletoe and his face immediately turned red.
Cheren then looked back at Bianca whose was just as red and nervous as he was. Just then Serperior used vine whip to take their mugs away from them and slithered to the other room. The 2 were left alone under the mistletoe. They both looked at each other still red and nervous.
“Bianca…” Cheren said still looking in Bianca’s eyes.
“To be honest, I always had somewhat of a crush on you since we were kids, but I never knew how to say it.” Bianca said averting her eyes.
“I felt the same way.” Cheren responded. Causing Bianca to look back at him. Cheren then leaned in and Bianca did the same. The two held each other close as their lips touch gently. The two then pulled back looked at each other and smiled.
“Merry Christmas, Bianca.” Cheren said.
“Merry Christmas, Cheren.” Bianca replied cheerfully.
The two spent spend the rest of the day with the person they love.
I hope you like the gift HoundoomFan. I did the best I could sorry I couldn’t do a fanart, but I hope u still like it. Happy Holidays and Happy New Years!
Well here it is it's around 425 words so it fits. Anyway Happy Holidays to you and since its Christmas, Merry Christmas! and thanks for having me.

To Meowth City
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/PMvxMMy.png[/img139]

To PopPrincess_Lyra
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/CSCCzE7.png[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/K4k0c50.png[/img139]

To MonMonCandie
When sparks fly in the night sky
My mind is set on you,

We may be far apart
But we can always pull through

As I await every nauseous day and night that life throws at me,
I arrive here and wait for us, as my eyes glimmer at the Sunyshore sea

Then when the time is right, we'll clash out for victory
Because electric and steel go together like you and me

To Garde
oOo

Title: Connect
Rating: G
Pairing: Bisharp/Gardevoir
Notes: For Garde, for the SPPf Secret Santa ’14…Please enjoy! <3

oOo

“I apologize, but I am afraid that I still do not understand.”

Bisharp, despite his audible efforts to keep his tone and vocabulary neutral, betrayed a flash of annoyance with his statement. To some, this would be considered disrespectful, but for Gardevoir, she had adjusted to his attitudes and tonal shifts that she brushed it off like it was a speck of dust. Her approach to him was the same as it always was, especially with this discussion…Be sincere, tell the truth, and ignore anything that might cause any rifts between each other.

Thus, she only sighed, and tapped a patient finger on her temple to signal that she was about to speak. “What exactly do you not understand? Which aspects would you like me to explain further?”

Or, do you not wish me to explain it, but wish that I renounce it all?

Metal blades tapped together impatiently. “All of it. I don’t understand why you would commit yourself to someone in that manner…And humans, of all things. Personally, I find that sort of outlook…odd. Dangerous.”

Bisharp’s tone was beginning to slip, and unveil his frustration, but he seemed too caught up in his own bemusement to notice. Shaking his head and waving around one of his bladed appendages, the Sword Blade Pokemon spoke again, metallic voice almost quivering in biliousness towards her ideals.

“If you attach yourself to someone else so easily, what gives you the idea that they won’t end up causing you problems, once they know you’ve committed yourself like that? What gives you the idea that they are trustworthy? Are you willing to put up with their mistreatment, and stay?”

“You ask many questions, and they are very difficult for me to answer all of them fully and satisfactorily.” Gardevoir sighed, quietly, waving up towards the starry sky above the two of them. “It is because your questions are both very personal and subjective…What I say and regard as a fact, you may choose to ignore and follow your own path. But, regardless of your opinion on my unwavering loyalty towards my Trainer, and your lack thereof, I would first like you to answer one question of my own creation.”

Blinking at the rush of words that he was assaulted with, Bisharp could only stammer, “Y-Yes, of course, feel free to ask me anything.”

“Do you really want to be alone?”

The question caused the Sword Blade Pokémon to jolt, as if he was struck by a harsh Earthquake under his feet. Struggling to recover, he managed too quickly to say, “I have my pack. I have my Trainer. I am not alone.”

Gardevoir shook her head. “Now, it is you who does not understand.”

“Please explain.”

A silence filled the space between them. It seemed to last for hours, only broken by Bisharp releasing his breath, attempting to choke the baffling wave of nausea that had overtaken him when she had claimed that he was lonesome. But, why, exactly? Why did her claim do such a thing?

It isn’t true, so why should I fear a lie?

Gardevoir didn’t look at him as she spoke, her crimson eyes glimmering with the shimmering stars above them.

“Just being surrounded by other people does not mean that you are not alone. If you wish for companionship, there must be a deeper level of presence. Just by standing next to someone, and speaking with them, are you friends, lovers?”

“N-No—“

“Thus, just by leading a pack, or having a Trainer, you may still be lonesome,” she cut in, turning her head to face his with a piercing gaze. “Am I wrong?”

He couldn’t answer her, opting to instead glare at the ground.

“If you are feeling lonely, and you feel as if you need company, you must learn to reach out. Simply knowing, speaking, and ruling over others does not guarantee that you will feel kinship. You must build connections, get to know others, and then you will understand.”

“Understand what…?”

“You will then understand where I am coming from, with my own ideals about connections with others. I continue to follow and obey my Trainer with the loyalty I have because we have a connection with each other. I have learned him from the inside out, and he has learned of my psyche in the same fashion. Thus, we trust each other with our lives and trust. Is this something you do not wish upon yourself? Do you not want to have other hearts touch yours, and thus never feel alone?”

Bisharp was silent. Closing his eyes, he mentally ran over the faces of his pack, his Trainer. Was he really alone?

Perhaps.

He never really discussed anything with them, beyond the weather or perhaps a handful of battle tactics and ideas. They had exchanges in conversation, ideas, and feelings that were never deeply personal. They never really bothered him much, and he never really bothered them. He had always found it odd that he knew nothing about them, their history, their feelings…

It was only now that he had spoken with her that he now realized that it wasn’t normal at all. The reason he knew nothing about them wasn’t normal, it was because he never tried to learn a thing, because he never encouraged them to try and learn anything about him.

I must seem like such a metal husk to them…

The Sword Blade Pokémon was so absorbed in his own idiocy of his situation that he didn’t see Gardevoir approach him, until she touched his bladed hand.

She smiled, a first, and nodded approvingly. “That is the first step to understanding me and my ideals, my friend…Making heartfelt connections with others.”

“They will leave me one day…” he murmured to himself, attempting to regain some of the dignity that the conversation had robbed him of. Surely, his previous argument could still apply.

No, it could not. It cannot.

“If you touch their hearts, they will never leave you.”

“They will die, will they not? What then?”

“If you keep your end of the connection, they will keep theirs.” Gardevoir replied simply, her tone conveying to him that the conversation required no further discussion from here.

He straightened himself, turned towards her, and saluted. “Well, then, I must bid you farewell until the next time we meet. I thank you kindly for your advice, and I will apply it accordingly.”

Gardevoir smiled again. “As you wish.”

Bisharp turned around, and marched calmly forward, hoping that his unruffled gait would hide the harsh flashes of embarrassment of his own blundering alongside Gardevoir’s miraculous patience towards his folly.

Should we connect, then? She’s helped me so much…

…or have we connected already?

To darklord18
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/y5IEhfg.png[/img139]

To Pakira
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/nr7ZgcY.png[/img139]

To Kutie Pie
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/x0tltP5.png[/img139]

To PoketrainerJaden
[img139]Luckyshipping Drabble for PoketrainerJaden

Her Love, His Strength

For a long while since their battle with Team Rocket ended and Blue reunites with her parents, she starts to wonder if she was any stronger than Red was. I mean sure she did get him back on his feet but lately Red has this strong presence around him like he just need that pick me up. Maybe it wasn’t just her but his Pokémon. Blue thought long and thought maybe she maybe the reason that Red kept fighting. With the courage she gained, she walked up to Red.

“Hey Red. How it’s going?” Blue said flirty. Of course Red blushed at that like always.

“Oh Blue hey. So how was your reunion with your parents going?” As Red was petting Pika on the head. Blue giggled at that comment. At least he remembers.

“Oh it was fine Red. I really missed my parents. I have you to thank for that. I got to see them again.” Blue said while smiling. Red looked at her and smiled while he closed his eyes.

“Nope, You did this on your own. I had no part in that. You protect your parents on your own. I just fought Giovanni.” Red scratches the back of his head nervously. Blue blushed at his comment.

“Wow Red if I knew any better you were acting like a smooth talker.” Blue giggled at Red. Red blushed deeply.

“ Come on. You are the last person I want to hear this from.” Red laughed with Blue. “So you wanted to talk to me about something.” Blue looked at him seriously.

“Well there is something I want to know Red.” Blue said as Red looked onwards. “How can you keep being this strong? What pushes you so far?” Blue questioned him. Red never thought about it. But to him that seemed random from Blue.

“For one, My Pokémon are my strength. It’s like we are one big family. And the friends I made, Green, Yellow, Gold ,Silver ,Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald of course.” Red smiled at what he said. Blue looked sad since he never mentions her as his friend.

“What about about me?” Blue wonders. Red smiles at her.

“What you are to me, You are special in my eyes Blue. I am not good with feelings but I do care about you Blue….I li…” Before he finished, Blue hugs Red tightly.

“You don’t need to say more. I like you too.” Blue smiles while she cried. Red got worried.

“Are you ok? I didn’t mean to make you cry Blue.” Blue pinches his cheek.

“ Dummy, I’m crying tears of joy. You just made me really happy.” She smiles though her tears. Red hugs her close to him.

“ I am glad. You are my pillar of strength and I don’t plan on losing you.” Red smiled at Blue.

To Moonlight Amaryllis
Merry-Go-Round

"Ash! Hurry up, we're going to miss the festival!" Iris put her hands on her hips and shared a look with her other companion, Cilan. The two were layered up in winter coats and hats, their two Pokemon, Axew and Pansage, snuggled up warm against their chests.

Ash, redfaced and out of breath, dashed through the snow and finally reached his partners, his light sweatshirt messily buttoned up and puffing on his bare hands. Pikachu rode on his shoulder with a look of concern.
"Okay, I'm here, I'm here!" Ash said, looking around as the passing droves of people. Snow continued to fall from the sky, blanketing the vast, vibrant city in white.

"You didn't even wear gloves?" Iris noticed, shaking her head. "Maybe you haven't noticed, but It's freezing out here!" Axew sneezed as if to emphasize her point.

Ash made a face. "Well I'm sorry, I kind of got a rude wake-up call this morning." It was true, the decision to visit Nimbasa during the Winter Festival had been a sudden one.

"Ooough, you're such a little kid!" Iris groaned, stomping her foot in irritation.

"This feud is like the bitter taste of darkest hot chocolate," Cilan tried to separate the two bickering friends. "Look, the amusement park is open. Let's try to have a good time!"

Ash perked up. "Right! Let's ride the carousel!" He sprang eagerly through the people and onto one of Rapidash on the ride. The carousel was decorated in festive lights and holly, Christmas music sounding from its calliope.

"Pikachu!" The electric Pokemon bounced on its feet, enjoying the bouncy music.

"Isn't this a children's ride?" Iris joked, looking at the many young children also partaking in the ride. She sat herself across from Ash on a Zebstrika.

"It's a ride for anyone!" Ash shot back defensively.

Cilan and his Pansage sighed, sitting behind the two of them on a leaping Sawsbuck just as the ride began to start.

"I haven't gone on rides like these in a long time!" Ash laughed. "You like them too, don't you Pikachu?" Pikachu nodded and climbed up the pole, overlooking the area.

Iris smiled in spite of herself at Ash's delight.

"Hey Ash! I bet I'll beat you in a race!" she called teasingly.

"You're on!" Ash shouted, grin widening on his face. Both friends stood high in their stirrups and leaned forward, jostling the reins and pretending to race eachother as the mounts rose and lowered, circling around. Axew and Pikachu jumped up and down, cheering.

At last the ride halted to a stop, and Ash and Iris sat back, tired out from their game.

"So Cilan, who won?" Iris asked, stepping off and taking Axew in her arms.

"Uhh--" Cilan looked between the two nervously. "Like the flavors of a twisted peppermint, one can't decipher its finest taste-"

Iris turned to Ash. "Well, it was clearly me anyway."

"No way!" Ash said.

Iris waved her hand. "It doesn't matter. Let's go on a REAL ride," she led the way towards the famous Nimbasa ferris wheel. "The pride and joy of Nimbasa!"

Cilan blanched. "I'm not such a fan of heights. They...give me an unpleasant taste."

Iris's frowned. "But there has to be at least two people per cabin."

"I'll go," Ash offered, looking at Cilan. Cilan nodded appreciatively, and Pansage wiped some sweat from its face.

"Have you ever ridden on one of these before?" Iris asked Ash and she was led into a cabin by the worker. "Cilan's right. Not everyone is a fan of them."

"I have, when I was younger," Ash said, placing Pikachu on his lap. "But...never one this big." He was beginning to shiver again, and blew on his hands to warm them.

With a sudden shake, the wheel began to move. Iris looked down and waved at Cilan and over and above the receding park. Snow continued to fall lightly around them, creating a truly engaging spectacle.

"Pika,"
She turned over to see Ash leaning forward with Pikachu on his shoulder, allowing the small Pokemon to look out the window. He continued to shiver, hands in his lap and red from the winter cold.

Iris scoot over across the seat and put her own gloved hand over his.
With a small jump of surprise, Ash turned and looked down and then into her face.

"...Cold," Iris replied, suddenly at a loss for words, feeling the heat rise in her cheeks. Ash blinked and then nodded, beaming at her. "Thanks, Iris."

Iris flushed harder. "You really are a little kid," she muttered.

The ride finished and the two found Cilan waiting for them, balancing three steaming mugs of eggnog.

"I think this is something we'll all find delectable," Cilan announced, noticing the improved mood between his two companions. Iris and Ash took the frothy mugs and drank heartily, letting it warm them from head to toe.

"So what's next?" Ash asked, letting Pikachu drain the last bit of his drink. Cilan shrugged.

"Wellll," Iris said, smiling, "there's an entire park left of rides. Why don't you pick this next one?"

Ash scratched his nose, grinning sheepishly.
"Right, then...how about I beat you around the carousel again!" he laughed and ran for the bright lights of the ride, Iris on his heels with a wide smile on her face.

To ⊱✿RedAshEntropy
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/phrlEGB.png[/img139]

To Megg Lavender
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/DeXDPhe.png[/img139]

Okay, that's all! Thank you for everyone's patience. I hope everyone enjoys their gift and had great holidays. Hope to have more fun times with you all again. :D

Last edited:

Pakira

Burning Up
Not sure if I'm supposed to respond here or not, but thanks a ton to my Secret Santa! It's such a cute banner :) And thank you Sweet May for organizing the event!

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I just want to let whoever did mine know that they did an AWESOME job on the art! The FerrisWheel one is epic, and I love the setting for the SoulSilver one! The stuff at Dragon's Den was my favorite for the ship.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Thank you to my Secret Santa for the cute poem! ^.^ I actually feel like making a mini illustration/comic to it, so if I do (because god knows I actually have the time and patience for it, lol), I'll be sure to credit you! :) Thanks again!

Great job to everyone involved and thanks to Sweet May for organizing the event!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Well, now that all the gifts have been posted and hopefully everyone has seen their gift, I think its time to close this thread. I'm definitely looking forward to next year's event and happy Holidays to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.