1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

+ Shippers Secret Santa 2017 +

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by xEryChan, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xEryChan

xEryChan Totes Unimpressed Staff Member Moderator

Hello and Welcome to the

[​IMG]
    Art was made by Kiba174 on Deviantart! Banner was made by yours truly (xEryChan)

Currently In: Gift Posting Period

+~+~+~+~​

What is the Shippers Secret Santa, you may be asking? This is an annual exchange between members of the Shippers Community. I will be hosting this event this with the help of the amazing AmericanPi.

So, as I previously mentioned, this is gift exchange between members of the forums, especially those who sign up for the event. You will be given a participant to create a shipping fanwork-related present for. There will be signups for the month of October. The content of your gift will lie in your skills of writing and/or (graphic/drawing) and the assigned participants shipping preference. Gift are to be submitted to either me or AmericanPi in the middle of December so that they can be posted on Christmas Day.

There is a huge detail about this event that must be known to everyone and that is that the gift must remain anonymous. That means that whatever you create must not be posted anywhere on the internet until after all of the gifts have been posted. You also cannot tell anyone who you got or bother anyone over who is your Secret Santa. You will ruin the fun of the event and you don’t want to make Ery a sad girl, do you?

So now, I’ve spent enough time telling you what the event is so why don’t I tell you about the rules?

Rules

1. All of the SPPF and Shippers Community Rules apply.
    2. Anyone can join! Just fill out the form below and you are automatically in.
    3. The gift you create for your assigned member has to be one of the following: fanfiction (one-shot and/or multi-chapter fic), graphics (banner, a set of three icons, and/or wallpaper), art (digital/traditional and/or comic), and/or video (AMV)
    4. Please be responsible of the dates to prevent any problems in the future.
    5. If, for any reason you are unable to particpate anymore, you must let either me or AmericanPi know ASAP.
    6. All gifts are due in on December 15th. I will allow an extension of five days so if you need one, let either me or AmericanPi know.
    7. Do not bash any shippings, character, or person. I think this is pretty much a given. If I see any of that, not only will you be banned from participating, you will also be given a warning or an infraction. Please be respectful to others shipping prefences.
    8. Do not upload your created works anywhere on the forums and outside of the forums until after all of the gifts have posted in this thread. In addition, submitted gifts cannot contain a watermark or any indication that the gift is from from you. Since I am co-hosting the event with AmericanPi, I will try to post my half of the gifts in the earliest hours on Christmas Day so that you can post your gift on your profile(s).
    9. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM!

Form

Copy the text inside the box and answer the qurestions. If you are confused, feel free to ask.
    The "Gift Prefence" part asks whether if you would prefer a fic or art as a present.

HTML:
    [B]Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit:
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings:
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional):
    Gift Prefence:
    Anything else you want to say:[/B]
    Dates

Assignment Period: November 1st 12:00 AM PST - November 1st 12:59 PM PST
    Gift Creation Period: November 2nd 12:00 AM PST - December 15th 11:59 PM PST
    Gift Posting Period: December 25th 12:00 AM PST - 11:59 PM EST

Graphics

Unfortunately, I only had the time to make one graphic but feel free to use it in your signature to spread the word about this event.

[IMGSIZE=400]https://i.imgur.com/kDHCrW7.png[/IMGSIZE]

Particpants

1. Kutie Pie
    2. Nerdy McNerdface
    3. ChloboShoka
    4. xEryChan
    5. AmericanPi
    6. Kiryn
    7. Victorian Rush
    8. Avietta_Ikarilove
    9. Satoshi & Touko
    10. Meowth City
    11. JetshipperKekkaishi
    12. HoundoomFan
    13. Satomine Night
    14. Kyuu-Tales

+~+~+~+~​

I think that about covers it. Lets have a great holiday filled with shipping!!

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を 今も上っている

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: Hello, I'm Kutie Pie, KP for short, and it's no secret that I'm a hopeless romantic at heart.
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings: Mewtwo/Mew ; James/Jessie ; Ash/Misty ; Drew/May ; Darkrai/Cresselia
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): Wizardmon/Gatomon (Digimon) ; Tora/Mayuko (Ushio and Tora) ; Usopp/Nami (One Piece)
    Gift Prefence: Fan-art or one-shot. Although an AMV sounds fun, so if possible, that'd be a cute idea.
    Anything else you want to say: Have fun and do your best. :D

3. Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: My name is Nerdy McNerdface (or Nerdy if you want), and ever since I accidentally fell down the shipping hole I've been complete and utter shipping trash. Edit: probably also too young for the shipping interwebs so keep the R-rated stuff away but mehhhhhhh.
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings: Riley x Dawn, N x Hilda, Gladion x Hau, Alain x Mairin, platonic Steven x Wallace
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): Heroine x Ukyo (Amnesia), Al x Lucy (Layton Brothers: Mytery Room), Kanon x Kagamine Len (Vocaloid)
    Gift Prefence: fan art or one-shot
    Anything else you want to say: so for the above option, is that what I'm happy to make or what I want to receive? It doesn't really matter since I'm happy to both make and receive both one-shots and fan arts, but I'm just curious.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: I work in a care home part-time and outside of work I do a lot of writing in my spare time. I've published some books this year.
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings: Advanceshipping, Wishfulshipping, Rocketshipping, Appealshipping and pendragonshipping.
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): FranMaya, Takari and Naruhina
    Gift Prefence: None
    Anything else you want to say: I can help out with pinch pitting.

5. xEryChan

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit:
    Hi guys, I’m xEryChan but pretty much everyone calls me Ery. I like to red, write, and create stuff. Plus I’m a hopeless romantic at heart but that was never a big secret haha.

Specialshipping (Red x Yellow)
    PreciousMetalshipping (Gold x Silver)
    Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn)
    Transceivershipping (Nate x Yancy)
    FleurDeGrandeShipping (Grant x Viola)

Tai x Sora (Digimon)
    Davis x Kari (Digimon)
    Phoenix Wright x Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)

Gift Prefence:
    Don’t have one, I will be happy with anything I get

Anything else you want to say:
    Have fun and enjoy :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  6. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: I'm AmericanPi, a twenty-year-old Californian who loves doing fanfic and fanart. EDIT: I like to be called Pi.
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings: DualRivalShipping (Cheren x Bianca), FatherlyShipping (Falkner x Janine), AppealShipping (Dawn x Zoey), PokeShipping (Ash x Misty), FeudShipping (Seviper x Zangoose)
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): Everlark (Katniss Everdeen x Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games), Joyness (Joy x Sadness from Inside Out), Mothpool (Leafpool x Mothwing from Warrior Cats)
    Gift Preference: I'd love to receive art because I'm also signed up for the Serebii Yuletide, a fic-only gift exchange. On that vein, I'd love if I could provide a gift of art as well.
    Anything else you want to say: Happy Holidays! :D

7. Kiryn

Kiryn Well-Known Member

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: I'm Kiryn, or K for short. I'm just a giant multi-shipper, really.
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings: Ash/Clemont, Moon/Lillie, Dawn/Zoey, Misty/Serena, Steven/Wallace
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): Steve/Bucky (MCU), Korra/Asami (The Legend of Korra), Moana/Ariel (Disney's Moana & The Little Mermaid crossover)
    Gift Preference: I will be writing a fanfic to give. I'm fine with receiving anything, though I would kind of prefer a fanfic in return. Still, anything's good with me!
    Anything else you want to say: Hope everyone has fun!

8. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Don’t Mess With The Best

Hello, I’m Victorian Rush but you can call me Vic if you want to, that’s not my real name not even close but that’s what a lot of people call me on the forums. I am a huge shipping junkie and I love to read, write, and create art.

SnowLilyshipping (Hau/Lillie) *My current favorite pairing*
    Agencyshipping (Black/White)
    Pearlshipping (Ash/Dawn)
    PreciousMetalshipping (Gold/Silver)
    BrightTomorrowshipping Calem/Shauna

Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
    Phoenix Wright/Larry Butz (Ace Attorney)
    Davis/Kari (Digimon)

Gift Prefence:
    I don’t really have a preference for the gift, I’m fine with anything you create for me.

For my gift, I’m going to do either a fanfic or make some graphics since that’s about all I can do. But still, happy hoidays to everyone :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  9. Avietta_Ikarilove

Avietta_Ikarilove Softly with grace

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: Hey y'all! I'm Avietta_Ikarilove, more commonly known as "royaltyjunk" all over the Internet. Call me Avi. I blame Serebii Forums for making me fall into the shipping sinkhole :> [SUB]don't worry I actually love it here[/SUB]
    Your top 5 Pokemon Shippings: Ferriswheelshipping (N/Hilda), Mahinashipping (Gladion/SM F!Protag), Sequelshipping (Hugh/Rosa), Soulsilvershipping (Silver/Lyra), Oldrivalshipping (Green/Blue)
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): Perceval/Cecilia (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade), Momota Kaito/Harukawa Maki (New Danganronpa V3), Apollo Justice/Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney)
    Gift Prefence: I'll be writing a fanfiction or drawing, depending on the person I receives's preference. I don't really mind what I get, as long as you have fun with it :D
    Anything else you want to say: Hope everyone has fun with this! Happy Holidays!

10. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Queen of Adorableness <3

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: My name is Satoshi & Touko. If it's not obvious, my username represents the my favorite Pokemon couple. I used to be very involved in shipping communities and sort of still am, but I semi-retired for lack of better words.
    Your Top 5 Pokemon Shippings: Othelloshipping (AshxHilda), Furthershipping (AshxLeaf), Shalourshipping (AshxKorrina), Joyeuxshipping (AshxShauna), Alolashipping(?) (AshxMoon).
    Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (optional): Not applicable
    Gift Preference: I'm not going to be too picky here because I'm limited as to the kinds of gifts I can give (see below), but I'd probably prefer a fanfiction, or even an AMV if I can get really lucky.
    Anything else you want to say: For religious reasons, I can only create a gift for a straight pairing. Also, I have no means of being able to do fanart or graphics, so I strongly recommend I can give a fanfiction as my gift.

11. Meowth City

Meowth City ♥ Shipper ♥ Staff Member Moderator

Hi, I'm Meowth City or MC for short. I tend to ship outside of Pokémon these days. My favourite fandom is Ace Attorney and that's where most of my shipping interests are from.

PokeShipping (Ash x Misty)
    RocketShipping (James x Jessie)
    GeekChicShipping (Clemont x Serena)
    SoulSilverShipping (Silver x Lyra)
    SequelShipping (Hugh x Rosa)

Phoenix Wright x Maya Fey (Ace Attorney)
    Miles Edgeworth x Franziska Von Karma (Ace Attorney)
    Simon Blackquill x Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney)

Gift Prefence: None

Happy holidays and have fun!

12. JetshipperKekkaishi

JetshipperKekkaishi High School DxD Fanatic

Hello I'm Brett and I love anime and Manga and Light Novels. I'm also a fan of video Games. Favorite Genre of Games: JRPGs

1)Amourshipping Ash/Serena
    2)Jetshipping Hilbert/Skyla
    3)AgencyShipping Black/White
    4)Jellowshipping Lillie/Mallow
    5)Pearlshipping Ash/Dawn

Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings:
    1) Issei/Rias (High School DxD)
    2) Akira(Male MC) x Makoto (Persona 5)
    3)Issei/Akeno (High School DxD)

Gift Preference:
    None

Well Have fun. Enjoy yourself.

13. HoundoomFan

HoundoomFan shy shipper

I'm Houndoomfan. I've been into pokemon since I was like 8 years old and my first game was red version.
    1. Palletshipping (Ash & Gary)
    2. preciousmetalshipping (Silver & Gold)
    3. HoennRemakeShipping (Wally & Lisia)
    4. Appealshipping (Dawn & Zoey)
    5. Contestshipping (Drew & May)
    1. Wishshipping (Yugi & Joey) - YuGiOh
    2. Cloud & Tifa - Final Fantasy VII
    3. Hector & Lynn - Fire Emblem (7)
    Gift Prefence:
    Fanart, but I'll be happy with whatever :)
    Nope.

14. Satomine Night

Satomine Night The Power of Z!

I'm Satomine Night—Satomine for short, if you want. Some of you may be familiar with my signature banners, but drawing is also a hobby of mine. I'm also a bit of a hopeless romantic (though I try to temper that side of me), so participating in a shipping-related Secret Santa event is just right up my alley.

platonic Pikashipping (Ash x Pikachu)
    Pokéshipping (Ash x Misty)
    Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)
    Aureliashipping (Ash x Lillie)
    platonic Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn)

I have too many non-Pokémon shippings, and I really just can't pick three as my favorites, so I hope it's all right if I pass on this one.

Gift Prefence:
    I don't have a gift preference—whatever my Secret Santa wants to make for me, I shall be honored to receive it—but as I will be making a graphic (banner or wallpaper) or fan art for my assignment, I suppose it would only be fair if I receive one of those in return.

Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope everyone has fun!

15. xEryChan

Hello everyone. First off, I just want to say thank you to everyone for signing up. It really makes me happy to see so many familiar faces participating.

I just want to say that there is about a week left before the sign up period for the Shippers Secret Santa closes so please get your form in while you still can.

16. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Tell us your name and introduce yourself a bit: Hello everyone! I'm Kyuu-Tales, or Kyuu for short, and I've been a Pokemon fan for about twenty years (give or take). I'm a diehard veteran fujoshi (yaoi/slash/M/M fan) as well.

Decisions, decisions...

AbsoluteControlShipping (Cyrus & Giovanni)
    AntiGravityShipping (Colress & Ghetsis)
    HonorShipping (Falkner & Morty)
    PerfectWorldShipping (Lysandre & Professor Sycamore)
    PoliceShipping (Looker & Nanu)

Your Top 3 Non-Pokemon Shippings (Optional): I'm going to refrain from listing them here because I can almost guarantee that none of you will know who the characters involved are. :p

Gift Preference: Anything but an AMV. I don't care for them. I'll most likely be doing an illustration or making a graphic or writing a ficlet, depending on my mood.

Anything else you want to say: I'm aware that some people aren't comfortable with M/M. I'm fine with platonic pieces. Whatever you do, just have fun with it!

17. xEryChan

Signups for the Shippers Secret Santa are now closed. Assignments will be going out later on today so keep an eye on your inboxes everyone. :)

So, all assignments have gone out. Everyone should have gotten a PM from either AmericanPi or myself. If you have any questions, feel free to send them to either AmericanPi or myself and we will be happy to answer for you.

Alrighty then! Good luck then, Secret Santas.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say that there is a week left to finish your assignments and get them in. If you need an extension, please let me know ASAP. Ltherwise, good luck, everyone!

18. xEryChan

Hey everyone! Just to remind you, all submissions are going to be due in a couple of hours so please hurry up and get them in to either Pi or myself. If you need an extension, please let me ASAP. Good luck, everyone! ~

EDIT: It seems I have made quite the mix up. All of your assignments are due at 12:59 PM PST on December 15th, not in a few hours. Forgive me, guys. I am a little under the weather at the moment.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  19. xEryChan

Hey everyone. First of all, I just want to say Happy Holidays to all of you. I hope you guys have had a blast with the Shippers Secret Santa so far, I know I have. I want to say thanks to everyone who has participated. Without you, this event would not be possible. I also want to say thank you to AmericanPi for helping me host and being an excellent cohost.

You are now more than welcome to upload your work elsewhere. If you want to know who your secret Santa is, PM me and I will tell you so you can thank them properly.

Now, without further ado, here are the gifts. Enjoy yours, everyone!

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/c4a7eH5.gif[/img139]

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/rXiCbZ2.png[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/hZ9jSam.png[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/lh6i3cC.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/MxQgeLDm.png[/img139]
    Full Size Image : https://imgur.com/MxQgeLD

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/yzKLDyf.png[/img139]

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/zrLjDq1.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/rToAwUr.jpg[/img139]

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://78.media.tumblr.com/fd28161c40f1af2002e8c99073408607/tumblr_inline_p0vygpoCpH1ren8l7_500.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

Say Goodbye to Yesterday

Mew didn’t say anything as she felt Mewtwo’s power sweep over the humans and Pokemon below, wiping the memories of this encounter from their minds, and nor did she make any attempt to block it. She still wasn’t quite sure how much her clone’s power matched hers, or in what ways it possibly surpassed hers; normally, amongst mythical and legendary Pokemon, it wasn’t so much that some were just flatly more powerful, but it was rather that they were all powerful in different ways. Dialga may have been more powerful at manipulating time than Celebi, for instance, but Celebi was able to influence nature in a way that Dialga could not. (Besides, Celebi didn’t manipulate time; it was more like she was able to interact with the flow of time in a way that most couldn’t. It was akin to being able to dip in and out along a river, rather than controlling where the river flowed.) And so on and so forth. But, seeing as Mewtwo was a clone of her, Mew supposed that the normal rules wouldn’t necessarily apply; she had never encountered cloning before, so who knew? Human inventions were frustrating in that way; their civilization advancements kept rising and falling, and it was hard for her to keep track of them.*

Whatever the power differentiation between her and Mewtwo, though, she was fairly sure she could interfere with this if she had wanted to. His power was being stretched thin to influence so many minds at once, and for all his raw power, Mew knew that she had him beat when it came to actual experience; she had had countless centuries to hone her power and to learn how to utilize it to its fullest potential. But while she didn’t exactly approve of what he was doing (what was the point of learning a lesson if you weren’t allowed to remember it?), she also had a general non-inference policy of her own. Plus, she also knew that his decision was coming from a good place, and out of a desire to protect the clone Pokemon that were created from his own hypocrisy.*

(Mew wasn’t sure he had yet realized this double standard, though—getting angry at humans creating him in order to serve them…and then he himself turning around and creating Pokemon to serve him? Lashing out at humans owning and making themselves the masters of Pokemon, and then calling himself a Pokemon trainer? That was pretty much the definition of hypocrisy, in her book.)

In any case, Mew figured that any sign of Mewtwo moving away from his self-absorbed nihilism was a good thing, and should be encouraged.*

And she supposed she could understand where he was coming from. Just because he had decided to not commit mass genocide and that maybe humanity wasn’t completely worthless, it didn’t mean that he trusted them. And all things considered, she didn’t blame him for wanting to have some kind of protection. She knew from experience that anonymity and elusiveness were good ways to stay hidden—it was how she herself had stayed free and relatively unharassed for all these years.*

After the memory erasing, evidence destroying, and depositing the humans and their Pokemon back onto the mainland, Mew sensed that Mewtwo’s energy was really starting to lag. Powerful, but still so very new.*

Carefully, she added her strength and power to his, threading it through to where his power was waning, and buoying it back up, and helping him to continue holding his clone Pokemon aloft and cloaking them from everyone else’s perception.*

But no matter how careful she was, Mewtwo still noticed his burden being lessened, and she sensed his surprise and confusion. Whether it was because she was helping him, or that she was still here, Mew didn’t know.*

Mew touched his mind gently with hers to have a telepathic conversation.*

“You and your friends are welcome to come back with me to my home, or I can help you find an isolated, safe place instead,” she offered.*

Mewtwo stared at her, apparently more confused than ever.*

“You’ve been able to speak with telepathy this whole time?” he demanded.*

“Of course.”

“Then why didn’t you do so earlier?”

“There didn’t seem to be a reason to,” she said, shrugging. “Telepathy is more for private conversations. Besides, you and everyone else could still understand me, so what does it matter?”

“The humans couldn’t,” Mewtwo said, his mental voice quiet.

“I rarely talk to humans in general. And I wasn’t trying to convince them of anything, I was trying to convince you.”

Mewtwo hesitated for a moment, then asked, “Why did you save that boy? If you don’t like humans?”

Mew flicked her tail. “I didn’t say that I disliked humans, just that I don’t talk to them. And it doesn’t mean that I want humans to die.” She paused for a moment, sensing his inner turmoil. Even if one human had earned his respect, Mewtwo still didn’t know what he thought of humankind in general. Mew sighed a little before continuing, trying to choose her words as carefully as possible. “Like them or not, humans are an important part of this world, Mewtwo. It’s their home too. And most of them do try to do right by Pokemon.”

“Not all of them,” Mewtwo muttered, unable to keep the dark bitterness out of the thought.

“No,” Mew agreed sadly. “Not all.” She paused, and then said, as softly as she could, “I’m*
    sorry that you ended up meeting so many of the bad ones.”

He was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, “Did you know? About me.”

“That you existed?”

He jerked his head into a nod.

“No, I didn’t,” Mew replied quietly. “I’m a lot of things, Mewtwo, but I’m not omniscient.”

“And yet you just happened to stumble across me, just as I was putting my plan to wipe out the humans into motion?” Mewtwo asked in disbelief.*

Mew smiled. “Life’s just funny like that sometimes, I guess.”

“You guess?”

“I know some secrets of the universe, but not all of them,” she said teasingly.*

Mewtwo shook his head, and was quiet for a moment. “What if you had known about me? What would you have done?”

Mew took a few moments to gather her thoughts, making sure she gave his question fair consideration. “I don’t know that I would have stopped the humans from…well, creating you in the first place. I have a general non-interference policy when it comes to others’ lives. But if it became clear that you didn’t want to be there? I would have helped you get away.”

Mewtwo looked a little taken aback. “Really?”

“Yes. I wouldn’t have killed them,” she said frankly. “I really don’t like to resort to violence. But helping you escape and find a safe place to live is the kind of help that I can give.”

“And how does that work with your non-interference policy?”

“I believe that everyone has the right to make their own choices, so long as it doesn’t hurt others, or deprive them of their own free will,” Mew replied.*

“So where do Pokemon trainers fit in?”

“Most of the time, trainers can only catch the Pokemon that want to be caught,” Mew explained. “The average Pokeball cannot actually capture an unwilling Pokemon. And even if it’s ‘their’ Pokeball, a Pokemon can still leave it at will. There are no compulsory elements to normal Pokeballs. And to design and add those kinds of elements is actually against human law. Humans have all kinds of laws against abuse of all kinds, and they’re pretty good about enforcing them. But some still slip through the cracks.”

“Like me,” said Mewtwo quietly.

“Like you,” Mew agreed. “So when I do come across Pokemon that humans can’t or haven’t been able to help yet? Then I will.” She made sure to broadcast her sincerity to him. “I couldn’t help you before, but I can help you now. Where do you want to go?”

Mewtwo took a moment to absorb all that she had told him, before looking at her with piercing, searching eyes. Finally, he asked, “Where is your home?”

Mew smiled at him brightly. “The Tree of Beginning! It’s a very nice place, remote and isolated.”

“So humans never go there?”

“Only a few have ever managed to find it. And they never got very far in.” Mew was quiet for a moment, before she continued, “And none of them ever came back out.”

Mewtwo was surprised by that. “I thought you didn’t like violence?”

“I don’t. I didn’t do anything to them. The Tree itself did. The Tree…sort of has a will of its own. Mostly, I think it’s trying to protect those who seek refuge there. It doesn’t help that most of the humans who do come there think that there’s some kind of power they could use for themselves. And even if they had good intentions for using that power…the Tree doesn’t seem to like taking the risk.” Mew sighed. “Or else they’re looking for me.”

“Looking for you?”

“Yes. Lots of people do. For all kinds of reasons. Some reasons that I don’t care for, and others for reasons that seem harmless enough.”

“And…yet you don’t let any of them find you?”

“I try not to. Some Legendary and Mythical Pokemon don’t mind letting people see them or know about them, and some even bond with humans. But I’m one of the oldest Pokemon in existence. And I’ve seen that go wrong a lot, and the more humans know about you, and the more you interact with them and act on their behalf, the more they expect you do it again. So I thought that staying away would be for the best, and that the less they knew of me, the less they would think to call on me.”

Mewtwo snorted. “From where I’m standing, I don’t think you succeeded in getting them to be less interested in you.”

Mew gave him a rueful smile. “I guess not. For all the shortness of their lives, and for all the times their civilizations have risen and fallen, their curiosity never wanes. They never run out of questions to ask, and never stop searching for the answers. So the more ‘mysterious’ I am, the more desirable, I suppose.”

“So humans are constantly looking for this Tree of Beginning.”

“Not really. Searching for me, yes, but most don’t ever find out that I’m connected to the Tree. And for those few that do…well, like I said. The Tree is very protective, and of me in particular.”

Mewtwo was quiet for another moment, before asking, “And what is the Tree’s opinion of clones? Would it consider that a threat?”

Mew was taken aback. “I…don’t know. I’ve never encountered clones of any kind before. But since you’re all just looking for refuge, I doubt it would consider you as threats.”

Mewtwo avoided her eyes. “I don’t know that I would want to risk it. The others…I brought them into this world. I need to take responsibility for them.”

Mew touched his shoulder gently, and wrapped her long tail around him in a kind of hug. “I understand. It’s an offer, and not your only choice.”

Mewtwo met her eyes again, and though he stiffened up a little in her light embrace, it seemed more because he had no experience and idea of what to do with gentle touch, rather than it being unwelcome. “You know of other safe places, away from humans?”

Mew beamed at him. “Oh, yes! Lots of places! I travel around the world all the time. In fact, there’s a good place pretty close by, near Mount Silver. We can check it out first, if you want.”

“And if it isn’t a place for us?”

“Then we keep looking!” Mew gave him a serious look. “Mewtwo, this world is really big. I know that there’s somewhere for you, a place where you can call home. There’s room enough for everyone. And maybe…maybe, you should see more of what this world has to offer before judging it.”

Mewtwo didn’t look away as he mulled that over. “Alright,” he said quietly. “And…you’ll stay with us?”

Mew smiled at him. “I’ll be here for as long as you want me to.”

And for the first time, Mewtwo smiled back. “Show me what this world has to offer, then.”

Mew laughed. “New beginnings,” she promised.

20. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Happy Holidays to everyone, and a big thank you to xEryChan for hosting this event and making it a reality. And, of course, thanks to all the participants. Like Ery said, if you would like to know who your Secret Santa is, please PM me so I can tell you.

Without further ado, here is my half of the gifts!

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/LIO1RKe.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/8q2LJNR.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/DfuWWC3.png[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/tmRlla7.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/8kr6rf6.png[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/BzDxkaw.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/F7ouOpo.png[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/6lP0zFQ.png[/img139]

~*~*~*~

Pearlshipping: The Farewell Gift

Dawn's POV

Now I know farewells aren't easy but It is hard to say it to your closest friend that you knew for a long while. But at times I wished I could spend just a bit longer with this certain person. He helped me grow into a great coordinator and I can't thank him enough. Oh you must be wondering on whom this person I'm talking about. Well his name is Ash Ketchum. A younger boy whom want to be a Pokemon Master. And my name is Dawn. And this marks our departure from each other. I know It is hard to say goodbye to both my friends. Oh my other friend's name is Brock...He used to be a breeder but now He chosen to follow a new dream of becoming a doctor. Well I have faith that he will do well.

"Ugh. Why Must it be now. I'm not good with goodbyes. Maybe I'm holding it in Piplup." I told my partner Pokemon Piplup.

"Pip?" He asked me. All I can do is smile. Even if it is a fake one

"Ash and Brock are leaving later and I don't know how to handle it. I mean I give up traveling with Kenny to be with Ash." I told Piplup. Piplup gave me that "I know" smirk. I blushed. "IT ISN'T LIKE THAT!! I mean Ash and Brock." Piplup just laughed at me. I won't be laughing at me if I was you Piplup. I glared at Piplup...

"Lup?" Piplup nervously laughed. But I can't deny it. I will miss him. I at least need to find him a gift before he leaves. I grabbed my bag and start running to the nearest store. I need to find something Ash would like. I scanned down the aisle. What would Ash like? A new hat. I mean He loves wearing his hat with that bed hair he has. Too messy. I giggled a bit. Maybe some hair gel. Nah Ash barely will use it.

"Come on!!!! There got to be something Ash would like." Everyone in the store just stared at me weirdly. Great I'm causing A Scene. "If I was Ash, What would I buy?" All this time traveling with Ash, He barely buys anything expect for soap,Toothpaste,etc. I could give him food. He loves food. Hmm." Then I saw it...A nice chocolate cheesecake. That is it. I give Ash that. Piplup looked at me questioning my actions. And I guess I buy a cheesecake for Brock too. I ran home with the cakes in the bags as fast as I can.

"Hey Dawn!!!!" Someone calling out to me. It was Ash. I bet they were waiting for me.

"Hey guys. Sorry it took me too long. " Ash just smiled. I love on the way he smiles. Too cute....Eh?!!!! I blushed at that thought. Wait....Do I like Ash?! No no no no no.....He is my friend. I kept shaking my head in disbelief.

"Dawn are you ok? Feeling sick." As Ash touch my forehead with his. My face got even more heated up. Brock saw this and laughed. Ash looked clueless as always. "Huh? What is so funny Brock?"

"I think Dawn has lovesickness." Ash just puts on a confused look. That is Ash for you. Brock walked up to me and said "You know...You could just tell him how you feel. It may be your last chance." Brock told me. Great more pressure. Then my mother came out and told us

"Ash,Brock.you guys should be heading off soon if you want to catch the boat home." My heart was racing it was That time already. My mother saw this and walked up to me while Ash and Brock walked up ahead.

"Dawn sweetheart....You should tell Ash on how you feel." Huh?! Even my mother know. Who else knows I'm crushing on Ash. "I understand why You don't want to tell him. You don't want to ruin your friendship with him right?" Was that the reason I'm scared to tell him?

"Maybe I'm scared that he reject me if I told him." I told her. She just smiled.

"You never know until you take that leap. If you don't you will reget it." She is right. I have to tell him bluntly.

"Thanks Mom. I follow that advice." I ran up to them and we walked to the boat to separate from each other. We caught up to the boat after Ash and Brock bought gifts for their family and Friends back at Kanto
    "Well Dawn this is it. It was fun while it lasted right?" Ash smiled at me...I was about to tear up. Brock saw this and said

"Hey Ash I wait for you on the boat. You have the final words with Dawn. And Dawn I hope you do well on your next journey. Later. " As Brock hugged me. He was a kind big brother to me. As I hugged him back he got on the boat and I gave him the cake I bought him. He thank me for the gift. Now the hard part.

"Dawn it is going to be fine. Remember No need to worry." Using my catchphrase on me. I smiled sadly. This is the last moment I will have with him. My tears Gave in and I ran up to him and Hugged him. Ash had a shocked look on his face. I buried my face closed to his chest.

"Ash there were so many more things I want to do with you. I don't want you to go. Please." Ash looked at me and Smiled.

"Dawn we will see each other again. I am sure of it. I promise." Ash grinned. That always put a smile on my face. As I handled him the gift I got for him. "Wow Look Pikachu Cheesecake. And It is chocolate too. Thanks Dawn." Ash said cheerfully.
    "Pikachu!!!" You're welcome too Pikachu as I petted Pikachu on the head. He always liked it when I did that. The boat was ready to leave. Ash was about to head on the boat.

"Ash!!!" He turned around and I raised my hand. He knew what I wanted. We high fived but This one will be different...As I intertwined our hands together...I leaned in towards Ash....And Kissed him. And then pulled away. Ash was stunned by my action. Even Pikachu was blushing like crazy. "Ash....I like you!!! I mean I like you more than just my friend." Ash was still stunned but He was smiling at the end.

"Hey Dawn, Next time we meet.....Will you go on a date with me?" Ash give me a thumb up as he headed on the boat. I ran next to the boat and yelled out

"YES!!! I will!!! Take care Ash!!!!" As I waved goodbye to him. My heart still hurt but I know I will be ok. As I wiped my tears as I was holding Piplup. I knew one thing for sure.....I will see Ash again.

~*~*~*~

[img139]https://i.imgur.com/1iRF0sc.png[/img139]
    [img139]https://i.imgur.com/pq2pXlK.png[/img139]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.