• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers Secret Santa 2k12

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
Oh, I got lucky! xD

State your name and identity: I'm watericedragon. I have to say I'm a huge shipper who loves anything winter. I love to read, draw(even though I'm not really good at it), and write. I'm usually very busy, but I love to hang out here whenever I can. =)

What are your top five pairings:
1. OldrivalShipping (Blue x Green)
2. SequelShipping (Mei x Hugh)
3. TransceiverShipping (Yancy x Kyouhei)
4. ShockingShipping (Volkner x Elesa)
5. FlaveScentShipping (Trip x Iris)

Non-Pokémon top 5 favorite ships:
1. Gray x Lucy (Fairy Tail)
2. Hinata x Yurippe (Angel Beats)
3. Tsubaki x Daisy (SKET Dance)
4. Himeko x Katou Kiri (SKET Dance)
5. Haruhi x Hikaru (Ouran Highschool Host Club)

What sort of gift would you like to receive the most: I would love anything really, from a fanfic to a fanart to an AMV/graphic. Anything would be great! :) If it's a fanfic, I like it to be fluffy and/or funny. x3

Anything else you want to say: Just have fun with it and try your best! I appreciate it. =)

Okay so PMs have been sent out to you guys! Be sure to check your inbox. Thanks again for participating and hope everyone gets a gift this time! <3 Remember you have over a month to do your gift so if you think you are going to be super busy during the holidays, it's best to start now. ;)

Also let me know if you didn't receive a PM!
I hope this doesn't count as a bad type of bump but...

Updating this to tell you guys that you have almost a month left to work on your present! It's enough time but just making sure everyone gets a friendly reminder. =] Only two participants sent me their gifts so if you're ready with your gift, feel free to PM it to me! I also want to emphasize that you cannot upload it anywhere where the public can see it. This means do not upload your art, graphics, or fics to DeviantART, FanFiction.net/Fictionpress.com, Tumblr, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, etc. No one can't see it until after the event is over. (which is January 7th) If you need to send it to me, this is what you do:

For artwork/graphics, send it to me via Photobucket, Imageshack, or ******* urls. (direct links only please) Dropbox links are fine too.

For fanfiction, place the written work under a spoiler tag. Don't worry about sending multiple PMs if your fic reaches past the character limit.​

You're also free to give a little message to the member if you would like. These gifts are sent anonymously too. (at least, the people receiving their gifts won't exactly know who made the gift for them)

That is all. I hope everyone's doing well and have a safe and happy holiday!

Just a quick announcement that presents have been sent! As I mentioned in the PM, you can send me a message back asking who created your presents.

Unfortunately there are 4 participants that did not complete their parts and one has an extension. Still, the remaining members who have no received anything yet will! I have striked the members on the participants list on the first post on who sent in their gifts. I hope everyone had fun and let's make the next one a blast! ^_^ Happy Holidays, even if they're almost over.

Thank you Cyn for hosting the event this year again. Without you I'm sure it wouldn't have been possible. :D It was fun making my gift this year and I hope my recipient loves it. ^^

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Thanks for hosting again, Sweet May :3. I enjoyed making the gift like I did last year, helped me break out of my artist's block. Hope she liked the gift I made for her...

Anyway, hope you'll host again in December. Are you posting all of the gifts here like you did last year for everyone to see, or what?

xEryChan

Demon Child
Thanks for hosting, Sweet May. I had a blast making the gift my gift :D I'll be looking forward to this next year

darklord18

thanks for doing this sweet may cant wait for the next one

Thanks for hosting again, Sweet May :3. I enjoyed making the gift like I did last year, helped me break out of my artist's block. Hope she liked the gift I made for her...

Anyway, hope you'll host again in December. Are you posting all of the gifts here like you did last year for everyone to see, or what?
I wanted it to be a bit more private this year but I could share them all here too! Give me a moment to post all the things. 8D (but I still won't reveal the Secret Santas)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
^That might be the case. I would like to thank whoever did mine, and just submitted my gift. I hope she likes it XD

Here are all the gifts sent!

The Other Side of Me
During time on their journey through Unova, Two people, two sides of one coin that support each other and their good friend Ash Ketchum. Iris and Dento’s relationship were an opposite attract thing. Iris is the one who believes in spirits and the supernatural while Dento believes that science causes most things that happens in certain reasons. Like gravity is controlling the plates so that way they know how to float in the air for long period of time. They may have their difference but they should like to have fun with these difference. With Iris calling Dento a kid for his love for train. But Iris does blush a lot around him lately showing him a side of her, he never seen before. The other side of Iris. Dento blushed at the thought that there could be two different types of Iris in his life. She may be annoyed by his fanboy attitude towards the Nimbasa’s Battle Subway but she can’t help but to be attracted towards that type of Dento. While Dento shows a side of him that Iris never seen before. Dento sometimes blushes to the fact that Iris eats a lot of food to avoid talking about love. Iris does get nervous at some points but that what he loved about her.
“Iris, will you please stop eating when love comes into play.” Dento said with an embarrassed look on his face as he shows a blush redder than anyone could see,even Ash and Pikachu noticed this when they were training for their upcoming battle. As Iris munched on her apple.
“Dento, ‘munch’ I can’t help it. It makes me nervous for some reason.” Iris said as she blushed at him. Dento couldn’t help but to stare at her when they were during one of Luke’s movies as she plays the princess in the movies. Her outfits made him think on how beautiful she looked in that outfit. As Iris stared at Dento in his villain outfits think of a bad boy image that she was coming up with. No matter how much one stares at each other, they will see the other side of one another. And that will never change.

A Shocking Encounter

Well, here I am. In a region I’m not very familiar with, in a city I don’t know my way around, and about to go on a blind date with someone. I can’t help but feel nervous. Normally, I wouldn’t agree to something like this, but Candice seemed insistent that I meet this girl that she had a great battle with. I look at the picture she gave me so I can identify my date. She seems attractive enough, with long black hair and a slender build. Apparently, she’s a well-known model in this region, in addition to being a Gym Leader.

I see the restaurant I’m supposed to meet her at. Since I was told to wait for her outside, I sit on a nearby bench. A quick glance at my Poketch shows that despite being lost for about ten minutes, I’m still a little early. I send a quick text to Candice to let her know I’m at the place. I notice someone sit down next to me, and I put my phone away.

Wow! That picture Candice gave me really didn’t do her justice. She’s wearing a combination of jeans and a yellow v-neck shirt, and her dark hair is let down. A look at her face shows that she’s not wearing much makeup and to be honest, she doesn’t need it. The only word I can use to describe the person I’m seeing is beautiful. I notice she has a picture of me in her hand, probably for the same reason I have one of her. She turns her head toward me, and speaks.

“Hi. You must be Volkner.” She says, looking at me approvingly.

“Yeah” I reply, hoping she doesn’t notice how nervous I am. “Sorry. Candice never told me your name.”

“I’m Elesa.” She stands up and smiles. “Well, should we go in?”

One look in the restaurant, and I know I’m out of my element. It looks like one of those places you see in movies that’s not quite upper class, but it’s very close. The lighting, while bright, is still dim enough that you can tell it’s a popular date spot. I glance over at Elesa, and with the grin she’s giving me I can tell my face probably shows my surprise.

The guy at the front (Fantina once told me what these guys are called, but I’d be hard pressed to remember.) directs us to our table and hands us menus. I skim mine and a couple of minutes later ultimately settle on a basic steak with potatoes prepared in a way that I can’t pronounce. Elesa places her order and the waiter walks off, leaving us alone.

Alright, Volkner, I think to myself. You can do this. It’s just like any other date. So you don’t know anything about this girl. Just play it cool, and try to get a conversation going.

“So, Elesa, Candice tells me you’re a model. What’s that like?”

Arceus. Could that have been any more awkward? That’s probably the first question anyone asks her.

“I like it.” She replies, “I like trying out what kinds of clothes people come up with. It’s always interesting, because no two outfits are the same in this line of work.”

“Don’t you get stage fright? What with all those people looking at you and all those cameras flashing, I’m sure it’s bound to make even someone as pretty as you a little self conscious.” Holy crap, I really hope that compliment wasn’t too forced.

She sighs. “At first I was pretty nervous. Honestly, I still get that feeling from time to time. Eventually I learned to just get out there and even if you aren’t that confident, just fake it until you are.” She then smiles. “Thanks for that pretty part, but I’d say that’s enough about me,” she adds with a small laugh. “I thought this was a date, not an interview. Why don’t you tell me a little about you? I’m sure you’ve got a lot of interesting things to say. Let’s hear it.”

Well, trying to keep the conversation on her was bound to only work for so long.

“Sorry,” I say. “This is my first time doing something like this. Guess I’m just nervous.”

“Well, you don’t have to be,” she says. “Why don’t you tell me a little about Sinnoh?”

Our food arrives, and the conversation keeps going. We talk about how we both specialize in electric types, and our home regions. However, even though Elesa seems genuinely interested in what I have to say, I can’t help but still feel nervous. I put down my tip for the waiter, and start to stand up.

“Hey, Volkner,” Elesa says, stopping me. “You still seem a little tense. Why don’t we go have a battle?”

I look at her, wondering what she’s trying to do.

“They say one of the best ways for trainers to get to know each other is through a battle,” she elaborates. “Come on! I know a good place.”

We leave the restaurant and start making our way toward what looks like an amusement park, with Elesa playing the part of the tour guide, explaining all the major things we see, from the musical theater to the Battle Subway. As we enter the amusement park, I begin to see all sorts of things, from a beautifully illuminated Ferris wheel, to what looks to be an indoor roller coaster. She motions me to the latter building.

“This used to be my gym before my new one was built.” She explains. “Now just about anyone can have battles here.” She sits down in one of the cars, and motions for me to do the same.

I’m suddenly reminded of why I haven’t been on a roller coaster in years. My stomach feels like it’s about to fire the steak I just ate at terminal velocity, and my face feels like it’s getting crushed by the air flying toward it. Over the noise, I can hear Elesa laughing, not sure if it’s because she’s enjoying the ride or because she sees my face.

Either way, we reach the battle area of the ride, which is vacant except for one other pair of trainers having a battle. Good. Gives us plenty of room. We make our way to a vacant arena and Elesa walks over to the other side.

“Single, Double, or Triple?” She calls.

“Single would be perfect!” I reply. I’m still not very used to Triple Battles, so I’m glad she gave me a choice. I pull out a Poke Ball, and I throw it into the arena. “Come on out, Raichu!”

“Go for it, Zebsrika!” She throws her own Ball in and the battle starts. “Wild Charge!” She calls out.

“Grass Knot!” I call. Raichu then trips Zebstrika, giving me an opening. “Now Focus Blast!”

Her Zebstrika takes the full force of the attack, but somehow managed to get back up. I notice Raichu looking at it. It’s not long before I hear “Overheat!” and see fire surround the larger Pokemon and engulf Raichu.

When the flames subside, I see Raichu looking like he was just hit by a truck. I need to finish this fast. The bright side is that Zebstrika’s not looking to be in top shape either. One more attack should finish it.

“Thunderbolt!” I call, and Raichu launches the bolt at Zebstrika. A direct hit! The larger Pokemon falls over, looking like it doesn’t have the energy to keep going. Elesa pulls her Pokemon back into the ball.

“That should be good enough.” She says. “Looks like you won. Pretty impressive.” I look at her and see that she’s smiling. I call my Raichu back into the ball.

“You weren’t too shabby yourself. I can see why Candice took such a shine to you.”

We make our way out of the roller coaster building. To my surprise, she grabs my hand and gives me a smile.

Well, would you look at the time?” She points to a clock, and I see it’s a quarter to ten. “It’s getting late.” She gives me a smile “But I don’t think I’m ready to call it a night just yet.” She gestures toward the Ferris wheel. I see where she’s going with this.

“Okay, then. Let’s get on that wheel.” I smile back. Admittedly, I am kind of curious about what the view’s like from up there.

During the ride, we talk about our Pokemon, and how we met them and trained them. I guess she was right. Battling really is a good way to get to know other trainers better. I look out the window.

“Wow,” Is the first word I can think of. “It’s really beautiful from up here.”

“Now see why I wanted to bring you here?” She replies, nodding in agreement. “It’s something I’d like everyone who comes here to see. There are some things that just can’t be described with words.”

“You’ve got that right.” I nod.

Once we’re back at the ground, we step out. “Well,” I say. “I guess it’s time to get going. Thanks for the good time.”

“I’d like to see you again, Volkner.” She says, with that beautiful smile “Got a phone number I can reach you at?”

So we exchange phone numbers, and there’s only one thing left to say.

“Good night, Elesa.” I say. “Let’s do this again sooner rather than later.”

“Yeah. Let’s” She says. She then kisses me on the cheek. “Good night… Volkner.”

So we go our separate ways, and I make my way back to my hotel, and make a mental note to thank Candice for introducing me to this amazing woman.

Sparking Snowflakes

Shipping: ShockingShipping

Pairing: (VolknerxElesa)

Rating: PG-15

Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort

Chapter 1: Clouds

The blonde looked around the snow-covered city of Nimbasa, taking in all of the lights and colors from the

decorations. She was leaning on one of the many railings that covered to city walkways, to make sure that the

young children who run amuck didn’t fall into the icy depths of the river below. She did fall in once, but she

was able to get out before anyone noticed. If not, she wouldn’t have been a Gym Leader, and her entire life

would have changed.

She looked at her X-transceiver, which had a golden outline with silver sparks decorated on them. She shifted

through the various voice-mails and emails she gotten stored on there to look at the time. Why she didn’t have

it instantly pop up was still a mystery to her, maybe because of how she was such a klutz. She finally found

the time, 4:30 PM, and sighed.

The woman was going to be late to her appointment if she kept loitering on the rails. She started to walk

towards Gear Station, making soft crunches into the layer of snow at her feet. She smelled peppermint in the

air, something she commonly snacked on as a kid. She continued walking; the noises of children and Pokémon

playing gave her a small comfort. She always seemed to find solace in the winter time; it brought such

calmness to the normally sparking city. The Ferris wheel that toward of the city in an ominous tower was

decorated as a Cryogonal, the blue lights radiating in flashing hues made her smile and feel like a kid again.

It was always nostalgic in the winter for the young Gym Leader.

She arrived in the station, where many trees and wreaths were decorated carefully to the doorways to the

different trains, giving a sort of symmetrical feeling to the station. The bright greens and reds that dotted

the entrances clearly contrasted with the dull brasses that the station was normally colored. She looked at

the gigantic spire in the middle, which she thought was made to keep balance to the structure.

She went down the stairs, trying to avoid the furious holiday shoppers that were coming to and leaving the

city, trying to get in presents for the day that almost everyone looked forward to. She went to the station

clerk, who asked for her ticket.

“Here you go.” The woman enthusiastically told the clerk, though her face would suggest it was just a ruse.

“Alright, thank you Miss. Elesa. Hope you come back soon.” The clerk gave a curt bow with blush laced on his

cheeks. He was one of the many fans of her, as Elesa was one of the world’s top models. It was expected that

she’d get treated the way she did.

She just gave him a curt nod before walking onto the train, she didn’t want to waste time striking up a

conversation. She preferred to be punctual, as it builds on her reputations as a credible model and gym

leader. Though, sometimes this has led her to some bad corners, Elesa knew that sticking to her code of

mannerisms was the optimal way to live her life.

If I just threw everything away… I would be like a kid again, but, it would also bring shame to me. Well, I

can’t be dawdling on this subject; I have to get to that appointment…

Elesa sat down on the subway train, looking at her notebook of hairstyles. She was picking out one that would

complement her Santa dress for the Nimbasa holiday parade. She shifted through the book during the slow ride

to Castelia city.

/) (\

Stepping through the portal that’s called the subway station stairs, Elesa took in all of the colors and

noises the exploded into her mind. Castelia City, the capitol of the Unova Region, was on full blast for the

holidays. She looked around, taking in the many sights, as the giant Christmas tree in Castelia Plaza, and the

ring of Cryogonal high above the city constantly providing snow.

Those Cryogonal, they must be hard at work. They’re doing their best to complete their job, trying not to

falter even through the pain and suffering they go through. It’s just like me; I have to do that with both

modeling and battling. It’s funny how this world works at times.

Elesa looked at her X-Transceiver melancholically, checking to make sure she had enough time to spare. She was

surprised it was only five, normally the train got in the city at 5:25, five minutes before her appointment.

She decided to have a look around the city within the area of her appointment, maybe to ease off some of her

stress.

She decided to walk and take a left down Mode Street, as it was basically the shopping district of the city.

She saw many stores and boutiques she commonly fancied to, everything from cosplay to Pokémon supplies. She

was about to enter a store called “Sparking Boutiques”, her storefront for all of her current, and past,

fashion lines and trends. Though, she heard a sort of desperate screaming that caught her of guard.

“PLEASE! Does anyone want a Castelia cone!?” Was basically the pleading scream of the Ice cream stand clerk

across the street. Elesa, curious, decided to walk over there.

“Oh thank Arceus someone finally came over… Would you like anything to eat Ma’am?” The young ice cream clerk

asked Elesa. Judging by her age and looks, she was around 16, just past the legal working age in Unova. It

also looks like she’s been constantly stressed, and to a small extent… abused.

“Sure, my appointment’s not for another fifteen minutes so I’ll just take a simple vanilla, please.” Elesa

told the girl, judging her body. She was certainly beautiful for a girl her age, it was such a shame she was

working here.

Though, I wonder why she’s working here… She seems like a nice kid. She does have good looks, and is

devoted to her work, but her outburst earlier. Was that… double-edged!?

“Here you go Ma’am! I hope you have a nice day, that’ll be two dollars.” She told her with a certain

enthusiastic tone. Though, Elesa could see through the ruse. She felt this strange connection to this girl,

no, it wasn’t love, she knew what that felt like. It felt more, as a bond… She needed to talk to her more.

“Excuse me, what’s you name dear?” Elesa asked in a soft, almost motherly tone.

“My name’s Mirabelle! I’m here from Driftveil city working at this here ice cream stand, though, it wasn’t

really my choice. I had to get a job to enjoy my family had a happy holidays, as we never really have a happy

one” She seemed to explain to Elesa, and she instantly recognized why her voice was so familiar. All people in

Driftveil have those types of accents; they’re polite, honest people as well.

“How about you come with me for dinner tonight? I think you have potential to be a model.” Elesa told

Mirabelle
She just nodded, and Elesa left an extra tip of 3 dollars. Elesa grabbed her casteliacone and walked to her

hair appointment, savoring each bite as it was gold.

It’s always hard working there at winter; nobody wants ice cream in the winter. Everyone, but me that is,

and I’ll see her later, I know I will.

/) (\

Elesa strolled out of the hair salon with a new, fancy bun on the back of her head. It was dyed a lighter

blonde than then her natural hair color, the dark blonde she sported two years ago. It was also wrapped

together by a diamond-snowflake encrusted ribbon, and two locks that draped down to her neck. It wasn’t a

traditional style in Unova, but she felt it gave a regal flare to her Santa dress.

She started walking towards the Ice Cream stand to pick up Mirabelle, but felt someone bump into her, and she

saw a familiar head of spiky blond. She stared into eyes that were laced with melancholy, with a hint of “get

lost”. He then spoke, and she knew who it was.

“Oh, sorry about that Miss… I should really watch where I’m going.” He sighed, and the stared up at the sky.

As if he was waiting for something, and not completely in this world.

“Volkner, it’s been quite a long while, hasn’t it? Why are you in Unova?” Elesa asked the Sunnyshore gym

leader. He was a fellow Electric-type trainer like her, and they’ve met only once, during a regional

convention between Unova and Sinnoh. They were both pretty young around that time, and Team Magma and Aqua

were still running amok.
Ahh, sweet memories, though, he seemed a lot more happier back then

“E-Elesa!? Is that you? All I remember that spunky, annoying girl who kept on blabbering about clothes. Now,

all I see is a beautiful woman and rival standing before me.” He gave a sly smirk “Remember, the Pokémon World

Tournament’s starting up after the New Year. I’ve already spent the Holidays in Sinnoh, so I decided to get on

ahead and get here as fast as I can.” Volkner gave a nonchalant reply to her.

“And all I see in front of me is a man bringing power outages instead of sparks. Seriously, what put you in

this funk, no good battlers?” She retorted, before asking her concerned question while blushing. It was

different for someone to call her there rival, only Skyla really did that, but she always got shocked. “Ah, I

see. I’m going to a dinner party at Burgh’s tonight; you’re welcome to come with me, if you want.” She asked

her old friend

“Sure, why not. Also, nice hair.” He replied stoically, basically ignoring the first part of what she said.

I’m guessing that’s a yes…

“Well, I need to pick someone up first.” Elesa replied, motioning Volkner to follow her. He did, and the two

walked down Mode Street next to each other, but not holding hands. When they got to the Casteliacone stand,

they picked up Mirabelle

“Volkner, Mirabelle, Mirabelle, Volkner.” Elesa introduced

"Hello” Volkner replied interested

“Hello Sir. Are you uh, her special someone?” Mirabelle asked the two of them

“HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!”

“SHE’S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!” They both shouted in unison.

“Alright then, you’re just friends. I got it, so where is this fancy party?” Mirabelle asked, still in her

waitress uniform.

“Um, Mirabelle, take these. I picked them up for you on the way to the hair salon. You can put it one when we

get to the party. Just follow me, it’s at Castelia Spire.” Elesa gave the girl a bag of Sparkling Boutiques

brand clothing, and then walked towards a gigantic Spire that overlooked the town.

This’ll be a long night.

/) (\

Elesa, Mirabelle, and Volkner finally reached the Spire, traversing through the many crowds and fans around,

and stalking, them. When they got there, Elesa shooed Mirabelle off to the bathroom, while having Volkner go

talk to someone about something. She also had to go to the bathroom, as she needed to change into her dress

from her everyday street clothing. When she entered the bathroom, she heard sobbing

“Mirabelle, is that you?” Elesa asked the young waitress as she started to get out her red velvet dress.

“Y-yes Ma’am… This dress, it’s so beautiful. I-I’ve never seen something so fancy and pretty in my entire

life. You really got this for just me?” She asked hesitantly through her sobs of joy. Elesa knew that it was

the perfect dress for the young girl once she saw it, she once wore it during her teenage years, and it fitted

a brunette better than a blond. Elesa started to unzip her jacket, the giant fluffy one that she wore in the

summer, but instead of her summer outfit, she wore her original gym clothing.

“Mirabelle, I know this may be sudden, but has anyone hurt you for no apparently reason?” Elesa asked

cautiously. She knew girls like this are normally abused; she’s watched enough television, no matter how mind

rotting it is, to know between truth and lies

“Y-Yes, Pa always puts me through the heavy work, and always slaps me when I do something he deems wrong.

Sometimes, he even whips me in front of my family. I don’t know why he does… It’s just not fair at times.

Though, I have to be strong for my mother…” She started to cry again, but of sorrow instead of joy. Instead of

huge sobs, Elesa heard soft sniffs, the clear signs of an ill-woken memory.

“Why don’t you tell me about your mom, and what happened.” Elesa asked sympathetically. It was always hard

talking to people like this for Elesa; she never knew what to do. People just thought of her as to cold of

care, or her bad jokes just made it uncomfortable and had the situation turn sour. She was trying to uphold

being a Sparkling Beauty, instead of a shocking one.

“Well, let’s see here. Pa works in the mines with Mister Clay, and we own a ranch off route 6. Ma was a

seamstress, and had such beautiful, glistening auburn hair. She had this wonderful blue eyes that shown like

radiant crystals, like she was pure of heart and content with her life. She was always having a happy smile on

her face, and always cheered us up when we were down. My older brothers’ help around the ranch, making sure

our Moo Moo Milk is the best in Unova. I use to be the clerk at the stand for our ranch in Driftveil, but we

weren’t getting as much customers as we use to, so we sent my younger sister to work there for us. Well,

everything in our life was perfect until the accident. Some wild Darmanitan lost control and started burning

everything in sight… We saved everything we could, and we did… well, besides my mother. She died in the fire

trying to protect me. I was sick durin’ the time, so I was lying in bed and fast asleep. She didn’t perish in

the fire, but she breathed in too much smoke and died from lung poisoning. Pa came home after he was notified

of her death, and seemed detached from the world. Even though it was a couple years ago… I can still remember

that day like it was yesterday.” Mirabelle fully explained her story to Elesa, crying most of the time. It was

easy to put the rest of the pieces in place for anyone with a good amount of knowledge of the people of

Driftveil.

Her Pa abuses her both because she looks exactly like her mother, and she does from her description, or

because of his beloved wife died saving her, or both. He probably doesn’t want to be reminded of his dead wife

either, so he’s trying to make his daughter not look like her. She is such a pretty girl as well.

“Well, we have to keep on moving forward. My past sometimes comes back to haunt me at times, but we need

accept what has happened and move on. I’m sure you already have, but tell your father that. Oh, I don’t think

I’ve ever told you my name! I can be so…”Elesa searched for the right word. “Flighty at times.”

“Well Ms. Elesa, it’s an honor I met you. I think I should tell Pa that when I get home. Well, anyways, how do

I look?” Mirabelle asked as Elesa heard the stall next to her open. Elesa finished putting on her dress,

carefully to not ruin her bun, and stepped outside of bathroom stall. Mirabelle seemed to look like a winter

princess, literary. She had a light blue dress with a glitter effect to it draping down to her ankles, with

white, fluffy trims on the sleeves, collars, and end of the dress. She also had on a matching snowflake

necklace. The dress really highlighted her eyes, and her hair seemed to have a certain shine to it

“Very nice… Now go on! Enjoy yourself at the dinner!” Elesa hurried the girl out, before grabbing her

belongings and setting them aside. Burgh knew how to through the most magnificent parties, even if he was out

there. Elesa went outside, and saw that spider silk was weaved into elegant patterns and designs to make the

room feel like it was filled with snow.

Elesa decided to go and see Volkner, who was just sipping a martini glass. She say him get up as she

approached him.

“Well, you look beautiful.” Volkner told her, making her blush. Something was different about him

“And you still look dull. Come one, we’re at a party, let’s have some fun! It’s not fun if you just mope in a

corner getting drunk.” Elesa mischievously sighed and shook her head.

She took Volkner’s hand and started to drag him into the middle of the floor.

“What are you thinking?” He asked her in a cautious tone, she could tell he was horrible at dancing just by

his expression.

“Just a little dance. It won’t be that bad, I promise you that.” Elesa responded to him. She grabbed his hand,

and had him put his hand on her back. “Look at me in the eyes.” She ordered, but it was more of a suggestion

the way she said it. “Now, we just move forward, and backwards. Is that simple enough for you Volky?” She

asked him in a taunting tone; even resorting to the old nickname she called him. She could see his face erupt

to a passionate red.

“Y-Yea, I guess so. I guess we shall dance then.” Volkner seemed to look the other way before staring her in

the eyes, and they started the tradition ballroom dance. Elesa felt swept away with all the wondrous rhythms

and motions of the simplicity of the elegant dance. They continued, leaving sparks of hard work behind them,

trying to perfect such a simple and elegant dance in the spire. Soon, all of her worries were swept away in

the dance, and she could sneak on his face a small smile, even if it was there for s second. Soon, she felt

like she transcended earth with him, and they dancing among the clouds, with them alone. Though, of course,

she was never the luckiest girl.

“Miss Elesa! Watch out” She could hear Mirabelle breaking her illusion, and she tripped on something. She felt

like she was flying, and Volkner was alone with her. Everything was moving too fast to register in her brain,

and when she was finally clear-headed, she found herself sitting in a fountain, with Mirabelle and Burgh

hovering over her.

“Where’s Volkner she asked, and why am I in a fountain?” She asked the two, who had smirks on their face.

“Miss Elesa, I was tryin’ to warn ya about a stray pokeball that fell on the floor. It sent ya flying into the

fountain; Volkner flew in the other direction and landed on Mr. Stu Deeoh. They’re both okay, thankfully. I

came over here to see how you were!” Mirabelle explained to Elesa with a certain motherly demeanor. Even

though through the short time the two spent together, they had formed a tight bond.

“My bug types were telling me that the party was of huge success, and that love was in the air, but then they

started to squirm. I could sense something was wrong, so I came here as soon as I could. It was a good thing

you weren’t hurt, otherwise I might have had to cancel this wonderful party.” Burgh told Elesa in his ominous

bug talk. Burgh was the eccentric gym leader of Castelia, but his silken suit seemed to note he was richer

than he seemed.

“Thank you two for the concern. I had a wonderful night tonight, but I feel that I just need to go home.

Mirabelle, here’s my X-Transceiver number. When you get to your home next, please ring me up a call, okay? I

want to take you on as an apprentice. Burgh, sorry we couldn’t chat tonight, but I’ll see you at the meet they

’re holding at a few months. Now, if you excuse me, I need to go see Volkner.” Elesa explained to the two with

certain enthusiasm she got up from the fountain, and gave them both a hug good-bye. She then made her way

towards Volkner.

“It was good to see you again.” Elesa told him

“I guess it was.” He replied back

“How about we meet up next Friday?” She asked

“Sure, I don’t see the problem.” He looked the other way

"Fine, I’ll see you then.”

“Same here.”

Elesa gave him a hug good-bye before walking towards the bathroom to pick up her stuff. She then waved

everyone at the party a good-bye, and went into the Elevator. She pressed the button to close the door, and

went down to start the long trek home, with thoughts of her wet clothes, and Volkner, on her mind.

Sorry it's so short and/or if it sucks, my good laptop fried and I know next to nothing about the characters.

The sun was just beginning to rise over Mistralton City when a bedraggled trainer stumbled into the Pokemon Center. With a weary sigh, he handed his Pokeballs off to an Audino that had hurried over the moment he’d opened the doors.

“They’re all right,” he said. “We’re just all really tired. We got lost trying to find the path through Chargestone Cave.”

The Audino smiled and nodded understandingly. This young man wasn’t even the first trainer that week to have gotten lost in the cave. The moving crystals threw people off, and it wasn’t uncommon for trainers to turn around and find their path blocked on all sides. Sometimes it took days to get through. She motioned the trainer toward one of the many couches lining the waiting area. He flopped down on one and was asleep almost immediately. Audino hummed a tune to herself as she whisked the Pokeballs down the hallway so the Pokemon inside could receive treatment.

It was almost noon when Hilbert was awakened by the sound of a low-flying airplane. He groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes and trying to focus. “Where am I?”

To be sure, he wasn’t in Chargestone Cave any longer. “Must’ve made it to a Pokemon Center.” As the memories slowly came back to him, Nurse Joy entered the waiting area.

“Oh good, you’re awake!” she smiled. “Your Pokemon are rested and feeling much better. Did you come to Mistralton City to challenge Skyla?”

“Sure did.” Hilbert grinned. “Is the Gym open?”

“It should be soon,” Nurse Joy answered. “Skyla’s plane landed just a minute ago, so she’ll have the Gym open as soon as she’s ready.” She handed him his Pokeballs. “You have time for breakfast, so there’s no need to be in a rush.”

Twenty minutes later, Hilbert was knocking on the door of the Mistralton Gym. “Hello?” he called. “I’m here to challenge Skyla! Am I too early? I can come back in a few minutes…”

There was the scraping noise of a lock unlatching, and the door swung open to reveal the smiling face of the Mistralton Gym Leader. “Yeah, you are a bit early, but I like that! It shows you’re dedicated.” Skyla waved him in. “You can wait here while I set up the battlefield!”

And she was gone, leaving Hilbert standing confused in the entryway. “For a Flying-type Gym, it’s awfully dark in here,” he mused, leaning against the wall. “But Skyla’s even prettier in person than she is in pictures! This battle should be fun.”
No sooner had he spoken than the lights in the Gym went on all at once. He cringed and squinted at the sudden light, which revealed cannons positioned all across the floor. He stood there staring as the implications sank in.

“Cannons? You expect me to shoot myself out of cannons to reach the battlefield?”

The sound of laughter drew his attention to the far side of the Gym. Skyla was standing on a slightly raised platform past the battlefield, grinning at him.

“Don’t worry!” she called. “It should be no problem for you! You’re dedicated, remember?”

Hilbert sighed and climbed into the nearest cannon. “The things I do…”

I hope everything's in place and some I couldn't PM (because I just got them and one is too long). Feel free to ask me who your Secret Santa was VIA PM. =]

Also DO NOT use or steal any of these gifts if they were not made for you.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Thanks a lot for hosting this event again Sweet May. It was a fun event once again. :)

Flame Mistress

Oh, darn, I forgot to say, I wanted to keep things PG-13... ;_; Well, not like it matters anyway.

Anyway, at least I still got a present! I was really worried about not getting one, because I didn't get one last year, and I didn't get a PM either. Thank you, whoever you are! I'll read it once I'm on my laptop, since the formatting looks a bit... weird on my iPhone.

Thank you for hosting the Secret Santa Sweet May, I really enjoyed making the present, even if one sucked. ^_^;

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Another fun and successful hosting the Secret Santa Sweet May! Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:

MetalVictini

Winning!
Thanks for hosting this, Sweet May. I had a lot of fun with it.

Also, thank you to whoever wrote the one for me. Not too shabby for someone not familiar with the characters. :)

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
Thank you for hosting this Secret Santa Sweet May~! I really enjoyed myself while making the gift! =D
I thought I wouldn't get a gift, but I did and it looked really neat and I love it~ <3
Can't wait for next year...

I'm grateful that everyone had fun. Makes feel happy to do this. ^_^ Now, if you didn't receive a present, fear not because you have received some:

I also want to thank everyone who did their part! I'm really grateful for you guys! <33 You guys can post and share the gifts you made now wherever you like. ^^

So yep, thank you everyone! Until next time~?

Status
Not open for further replies.