• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread (Chapter 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Moonlight Amaryllis How would you rate the main Ash shippings on a scale of 1 to 10?

I'm assuming you mean Ash x main girl ships, so... this will be my death warrant on this website

Ash/Misty 7/10(their relationship was interesting, but they're both at each other's throat too much imo, so they are better off just friends.)

Ash/May: 7.5/10 (they were really cute together, but May seems kind of too...diminutive? It came across as more of a ″supportive siblings″kind of relationship, and I don't think it could go any farther without a LOT of outside help.)

Ash/Dawn: 6.5/10 (Eh. Seemed more like friendship material to me. I'm probably being biased because of my lack of interest in her character, but yeah. Art's cute, though.)

Ash/Iris: 8/10 (They seemed more like equals, and their dynamic together was really cute and appealing to me. I especially loved how their focus episode at the end of the series discussed the mishaps of miscommunucation, instead of "ppl think we are a couple RAGEQUIT" like previous contenders...Regardless of if you think it's romance or friendship, it felt very balanced to me.)

Ash/Serena: 6/10 (Serena is meh, and the fact that a good chunk of their relationship is "i have a crush on satoshi-kun but he's oblivious wistful sigh" is just grating to me. I'm not caught up on XY, but what I've seen isn't promising. Canonically including a romantic implication even though we all know it will never reach anything beyond what it was in episode one feels cheap, to me.)

Please keep in mind that, before you send me death threats, everything above is my OPINION, so if you disagree with 104% of what I said, I'm not trying to persuade you to think like me against your will. i also haven't caught up on xy so my opinion might change when i do so don't hurt me amourshippers

I'll take a graphic-making dare.

I dare you to make a ContestShipping graphic with red as a primary color.

Truth again, please.

Last edited:

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
^^ write a one-shot on sequel shipping somehow involving Nate in it

Sorry it took like two months to do, but here it is (and with a surprise shipping inside!).
Rosa walked over to a route hoping to catch a certain pokemon heard to show up on the route. But she was suddenly stopped when she two of her friends, Nate and Hugh having a battle. Though she only caught the tail end of it since Nate called the last attack to knock out Hugh final pokemon. Hugh handed Nate money while he looked away then ran off. Nate tried to call out to him, but he didn't respond. He figured that he just was having a bad day today and just needed time to himself. Rosa however, wanted to make sure he's okay.

Hugh went back to his home and looked at a piece of paper with a sigh. What a set back, he thought.
Then he heard a knock at his door.
"What?" Hugh shouted.
"It's me, Rosa. Can I come in?"
Hugh put the paper on the table and said, "sure."
Rosa comes in the room with a worried look.
"Did something happen to you? Did someone hurt you?" Hugh shouted.
Rosa shook her head. "No... But are you okay? You seemed upset when you lost to Nate."
"Oh... Well just tired of losing to him you know."
"You never took losing to him that badly Why is this time different?"
Hugh turned away trying to think up something to say to her.
"Hugh... If there's something wrong, you can tell me, you know."
Hugh turned to her with a grin. "Yeah I know!" Then he looked away from her with a frown. "But it supposed to be a secret..."
Rosa perked up at the word secret. "Oh! A secret? I wanna know!"
"But it was to be for you! And Nate!"
Rosa gave him a confused look. "What?"
"I can't tell you!"
Rosa frowned and started tearing up. "Why not?"
Hugh turned around biting his lip. "It's a surprise."
"...For me and Nate?"
Hugh looked at her shocked at her knowing, but then face-palmed at his own slip of the mouth.
"So what is it?" Rosa asked.
"You're just gonna have to wait and see," Hugh said. If I can get it before time runs out, that is, Hugh thought.
"Okay... Can you tell me why you were upset a little while ago?"
"No! That'll spoil the surprise!"
Rosa thought a bit about the situation earlier, and remembered that he wasn't particularly happy giving away the money. "You need money? I got money!"
"It's supposed to be a gift for... I mean no I don't!"
Rosa beamed. "A gift?" But then she gave a confused face. "But if it's for Nate and I, why were you trying to win money from him?"
"Stop! No more questions!"

Then Hugh sister walked in. "Your bad at keeping secrets, big brother."
"You know?" Rosa asked.
She nodded. "He was trying to get you and Nate enough money to buy tickets to SS something when the boat arrives at Castelia City."
"Why did you tell?" Hugh whined.
"Might as well before you do."
Hugh sighed. "No one tell Nate now. It has to be a surprise for someone!"
"Though we all know you'll spoil it before than," his sister said. Than she left.
"So why are you doing this for us?" Rosa asked.
"Because... you two helped me defeat Team Plasma and get Liepard back. I Have to repay you somehow!"
Rosa shook her head. "No you don't. We are all friends. We'll gladly help you anytime!"
"Well I want to do something! So I'm going to do something!"
"Okay... Well thank you then!" Rosa started to leave.
"Wait!" Hugh shouted.
Rosa turned around and said, "hmm?"
Hugh crossed his arms. "What were you doing spying on us?"
Rosa giggled at his question causing to suspect something up more.
"I heard from someone that a pokemon that grants wishes appeared on that route that you two decided to battle on and just happen to see the ending of the battle, is all," Rosa explained.
"...Really?"
"Yes."
The way she answered made Hugh suspicious no more.
"So what are you thinking about wishing for?" Hugh asked.
She smirked at him. "It's a secret."
"Oh come on! I... well my sister did... But you know my secret from you!"
"Alright... I'll give you a hint."
"I gave you more than that!"
"The hint... is to know how if someone feels the same about me."
"You have a crush on someone?"
She looked away with a blush. "Maybe..." Rosa said. Will he get it? she wondered.
"It's Nate isn't it?" Hugh shouted.
Rosa narrowed her eyes with a frown.
But before she could say anything, Hugh said, "I knew it!" He crossed his arms with a disappointed look on his face.
"Hugh..."
"I'll go tell him!" Then Hugh ran off.
"Hugh!" Rosa shouted. This is why I shouldn't tell him my secrets... she thought.

Hugh ran out the door only to bump into Nate. Rosa came out the room, only to sigh.
"Oh hi Nate. Rosa likes you... more than a friend that is!" Hugh shouted. Nate stood up with the help of Hugh.
"Yeah he jumped the gun again, Nate," Rosa said.
Hugh gave her a confused look.
"Oh...kay? I came here to apologize." Nate said.
"...Huh?"
"You seemed mad at me earlier when we lost..."
"Oh. I'm over it now! I don't even now why I was upset now that I think of it... Sorry to worry you!"
"You sure?"
"Yeah!"
"Sooo... how long where you here?" Rosa asked.
Nate looked away with a hand behind his head with a frown. "Just got here," he said.
"Really, how long?"
"...When his sister explained what Hugh is doing."
"Aggh!" Hugh shouted
"Well, I'm glad we are still good."
"Yeah yeah..."
Nate looked at the time. "So I promised someone I meet them somewhere soon. I'll catch you two later."
"Alright. Bye Nate!" Rosa said.
"See ya..." Hugh said.
Nate then walked out the house.
"Wanna see who he's meeting?" Rosa asked.
"Spy on our best friend?"
Rosa smiled big and nodded.
"Of course! You read my mind actually!"
"Alright then lets go!"
They both ran outside.

They arrived at Nimbasa city and it's night time. Hugh and Rosa followed Nate to the Ferris Wheel were she met up with a pink haired girl.
"Oh my gosh! Is that Nancy?" Rosa silently said.
"Who?" Hugh asked.
Rosa shushed him for not whispering then whispered, "A tv celebrity."
Nate and Nancy embraced each other and Rosa let out a silent, "aww."
"How did he get so lucky?" Hugh whispered.
Rosa shrugged. "I'm just glad for him, because he seems so happy with her."
"Yeah... good for him."
Nate and Nancy went on a Ferris Wheel.
"So since we are here, would you like to ride the Ferris Wheel together?" Rosa asked.
Hugh looked away nervously. Then said, "sure... Why not?"
They went on one. Rosa starred out the windows as the Ferris Wheel moved.
"Isn't this pretty Hugh?" Rosa asked.
"Yeah. Pretty amazing!"
Then when they reached the top of the Ferris Wheel, Rosa saw a shooting star. So she closed her eyes and made her wish in her head, I wish... for Hugh to find his own person who will make him happy, like Nate did.

@Moonlight Amaryllis: What makes you ship two people together (go for what you believe will be canon, like their interactions, like opposites attract, how cute they look together, etc..) ?

I think I'll go for a truth this time.

Kiryn

xEryChan

Demon Child
xEryChan: Make a banner involving a ship between two Water type Pokémon.

Got it.

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/ADQTx6z.png[/IMGSIZE]

Ahh, I went with HardshipShipping (Blastoise x Lapras) and I had fun making it. I'm kind of on the fence about the script font I used on it. But here ya go, hope you like it :)

Truth for BubChan: What are your favorite game ships from each generation of Pokemon? List as many as you want to.

Still working on a drabble and I'm having a really tough time with it so I'll take a truth now.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
^write in your sig that you also support your NOTP for either Ash or Hilda, and keep it there for two days.

Just started this now as of typing this.

xErychan Do you consider the lone fact that Serena has a crush on Ash to be a good enough reason to support the ship?

I'll take a truth

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Satoshi @ Touko: Why exactly do you support othelloshipping?

I will take a dare :)

Last edited:

Kiryn

^since you didn't specify the kind of dare you'd like to take, I'll give you the easier one in an incriminating sig dare, so therefore, write in your signature that you support two pairings you like, and two that you dislike, and keep it there for a day. :)
Kiryn What's your opinion for each top 4 shippings group? (PokéShipping, ContestShipping, IkariShipping and WishfulShipping)

Oh boy...I'll try to keep this as concise as possible, so here we go.

Pokeshipping: Probably my favorite out of these four, I like it well enough, though I didn't actually start fully shipping it until after Misty left. XD Partly it's because I love Misty and she's one of my favorite characters, and she's got a lot of the nostalgia factor going for me. Anyway, once Ash mentioned in that Jirachi movie how much he missed her, and how much it hurt to say goodbye to her, I realized that he was missing her as much as I did, and so there's a bit of projection going on there from me. XD It's not one of my top favorite ships ever for either of them, and I like it best as a queerplatonic ship, but I've got some love in my heart to spare for them. :p

Contestshipping: As Drew mellows out more and more, it keeps growing on me (I haven't seen Battle Frontier yet in the anime, so I haven't seen May or Drew's full development as characters yet XD). Plus, it's pretty much like Palletshipping 2.0, minus the childhood friends part, so that helps. XD I like some of my crack pairings more than this ship (May with Alto Mare!Bianca, and Drew/Serena :p), but it's alright, and I don't have any particular animus against it.

Ikarishipping: Ah....I try to not have an opinion on this one, as I am not familiar with Sinnoh at all and haven't seen that far into the anime, but I do admit to being extremely leery of it and that I side-eye it a lot. It stinks extremely heavily of the "Pairing the Spares" trope, which I'm not a fan of, and it's one of those borderline crack pairings that enjoys an almost nonsensical amount of popularity, and I just Do Not Get It. I mean, I love crackships and rare pairs, don't get me wrong, but some fans of ships like Ikari take it to extremes and then get super hypocritical towards other crack pairings, especially queer ones, and I hate hypocrisy like burning. Basically, I've been burned bad by fans of similar pairings in other fandoms, and Ikari reminds me of them, and so I'm all side-eyeing it even though I don't want to judge it before its times. *headdesk*

Wishfulshipping: Don't have much of an opinion on this one either, as once again I'm not far enough into the anime to have seen their interactions, but it doesn't make me side-eye it in askance like Ikari does, so that's a plus, I suppose. I just like my own Bonnie/Iris better, and I already can't help but ship Ash/Cilan almost against my will. XD So, this ship's fine, but I'll probably support other ships over it. :p

I'm already swamped with writing, so I'll take another truth.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
@Moonlight Amaryllis: What makes you ship two people together (go for what you believe will be canon, like their interactions, like opposites attract, how cute they look together, etc..)?

It depends, honestly. There really isn't any specific thing that draws me in--I guess it's a combination of fanon, canon, and personal taste. Even then, it's not always consistent.

Kiryn said:
I'm already swamped with writing, so I'll take another truth.

How do you feel about love triangles?

Drabble dare, please.

Last edited:

SilverLining554

~Head In The Clouds~
SilverLining554: if two of your OTPs could go on a double date (regardless of series, existing in different universes/time periods, etc.), which would you choose and why?

Hm...this is something I really have to think about. I guess I'd have to say I'd choose Ikarishipping (pokemon) and SasuSaku (Naruto) just because I feel like those two ships are kind of similar.

Moonlight Amaryllis, I dare you to right a one-sided drabble about any ship from the pokemon anime.

I'll take a truth please.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
T'is been a long time since I've been here. I should really work on that overdue drabble dare, that is if I can find it Lol.

How would you rate each of the main Satoshi ships? Additional comments are optional.

I'll take drabble dare, please and thank you.

I dare you to write a... Pearlshipping drabble.

I will take any dare.

Kiryn

^Alright, then I dare you to write a drabble for your third favorite ship. :)

How do you feel about love triangles?

Ohhhh. The short answer is that I hate them. XD The more involved answer is that I VERY rarely see them done well, and done in such a way that doesn't just create, in my opinion, unnecessary drama and angst and I don't like how these kinds of plots pit characters against each other, and ESPECIALLY if there are two girls fighting over a guy, I will despise it all the more, because I feel that girls in (American) society are conditioned to tear each other down enough as it is, so this is the last thing that we need.

The ONLY love triangle that I have EVER seen done well in fiction was in the Song of the Lioness quartet, by Tamora Pierce, because throughout the entire thing, all three characters stayed friends with each other, and never let their romantic feelings and conflicts get in the way of their individual friendships or the friendship of the group as a whole, and it was just SO REFRESHING. And...made me all the more impatient with how love triangles usually play out. XD

So, uh, yeah. I will pass on love triangles. :p

I'll be going out of town tomorrow, so just in case this thread suddenly sees some more traffic, I'll take another truth!

xEryChan

Demon Child
xErychan Do you consider the lone fact that Serena has a crush on Ash to be a good enough reason to support the ship?

Honestly, no I don't. In order for me to support a ship, I look at a lot of things. Like how well the characters interact with each other and how well I think they would go together, for example. Just because Serena has a crush on Ash, that's not enough to get me to support the pairing.

I'm not the type of person who will support a ship just because it's one-sided canon, there has to be something I like about it, otherwise I'd mostly likely not support it.

Truth for Kiryn: What are the things you usually look at when you find yourself supporting a specific ship?

I'll take a drabble dare or a graphic making dare.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
^ Make an Amourshipping graphic.

I dare you to make a ContestShipping graphic with red as a primary color.

Okay, got it. I finished it rather quickly. This was rather difficult for me to make because I'm not used to working with screenshots at the moment but, all things considered, it didn't come out that bad and I had fun making it. I'm always fond of the script font brush haha :)

Anyways, here..

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/F3j4RMu.png[/IMGSIZE]

I'll take a truth.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Satoshi @ Touko: Why exactly do you support othelloshipping?

Because Ash is my favorite character in the anime and there is not a single girl that I believe would be more suitable for him than Hilda! They are perfect for each other!

Mizz Nikki What must a shipping, in your view, have to be considered supportable?

I'll take a truth.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Drabble dare for matthew11: write an Amourshipping drabble that has them making oreo balls I just made some yesterday haha

matthew11: Write a drabble with the Red shipping of your choice based on the other half of the pairing visiting Red on his mountain.

I dare you to write a... Pearlshipping drabble.

Here you go guys! Pardon me for overdoing these drabbles. Seems to me that they are too long to be considered drabbles. But yeah, enjoy!

I'll take a truth.

What do you consider the most annoying thing when it comes to Othelloshipping?

I should step up my game and take on a one-shot dare.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Bump. ^ I dare you to write a AdvanceShipping Fic
^Alright, then I dare you to write a drabble for your third favorite ship. :)

Ohhhh. The short answer is that I hate them. XD The more involved answer is that I VERY rarely see them done well, and done in such a way that doesn't just create, in my opinion, unnecessary drama and angst and I don't like how these kinds of plots pit characters against each other, and ESPECIALLY if there are two girls fighting over a guy, I will despise it all the more, because I feel that girls in (American) society are conditioned to tear each other down enough as it is, so this is the last thing that we need.

The ONLY love triangle that I have EVER seen done well in fiction was in the Song of the Lioness quartet, by Tamora Pierce, because throughout the entire thing, all three characters stayed friends with each other, and never let their romantic feelings and conflicts get in the way of their individual friendships or the friendship of the group as a whole, and it was just SO REFRESHING. And...made me all the more impatient with how love triangles usually play out. XD

So, uh, yeah. I will pass on love triangles. :p

I'll be going out of town tomorrow, so just in case this thread suddenly sees some more traffic, I'll take another truth!
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?376156-Short-n-Sweet-The-Drabble-Thread/page28 There you go!

I'll take a truth.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Kiryn said:
^If you had to pick just ONE ship to be canon, which one would you pick?
Cassidy and Butch, because not a lot of people would mind... I think.

@Trublsmbob:
What are your opinions on these ships: Orangeshipping, Contestshipping, Ikarishipping, Wishfulshipping, and Geekchicshipping?

I'll take a drabble dare :)

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Moonlight Amaryllis, I dare you to right a one-sided drabble about any ship from the pokemon anime.

Here! I've been in abit of a writing slump, so please excuse the lateness and quality.

I'll take a drabble dare :)

I dare you to write a drabble featuring Clemont proposing to the lover of your choice.

I'll take truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.