• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread (Chapter 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEryChan

Demon Child
^ Make an Amourshipping graphic.

Getting started on this one and I'll post it as soon as I'm finished with it. Might be some time before I get it done though because I'm having a tough time finding pictures that will actually work with what I have in mind.

EDIT: Finished it and I'm not too crazy about how it came out. It was tough to find pictures top use on this banner. I tried though.

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/d0AktVm.png[/IMGSIZE]

Truth for Moonlight Amaryllis: When it comes to supporting a ship, do you go for the mainstream ships or the rare ones?

I'll take a truth myself.

Last edited:

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
^ I dare you to write an Amourshipping drabble where Serena goes shopping and forces Ash to go with her.

Mizz Nikki What must a shipping, in your view, have to be considered supportable?

Personally, for me, it all comes down to how well I think the characters will go together and how well they look as a couple as well. Having hints doesn't necessarily matter to me, it could be the most popular ship with the most hints and none of that will matter to me if I can't see the appeal in the ship, you know what I mean?

I support a ton of nevermet ships and some really rare ships as well. If I think two characters will go great together, I'm going to ship them together. It's as simple as that.

I'll take a drabble dare or a graphic-making dare.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
What do you consider the most annoying thing when it comes to Othelloshipping?[/QUOTE]

I think the most annoying thing is actually some of the other supporters. I know of plenty of Othelloshippers, but many of them seem to support it mainly because they wished Hilda appeared in the anime. I don't think there are very many who actually know why this shipping might really be good.

Mizz Nikki I dare you to make an Othelloshipping graphic! Yay!

I'll take an incriminating sig dare.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Truth for Moonlight Amaryllis: When it comes to supporting a ship, do you go for the mainstream ships or the rare ones?

Honestly, the popularity of a pairing has no effect on me whatsoever regarding my support for it. It all boils down to interactions and possibilities, for me.

Though, looking back on my fleet...Most of them are pretty unpopular, in the scheme of things. There are a ton of "popular" pairings that I don't support, too. I wonder why that is?

I'll take an incriminating sig dare.

I dare you to put a graphic/banner/screenshot/gif./etc. of your Notp onto your signature for 24 hours.

Drabble dare, please!

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Victorian Rush write "Crack ships are the most canon shippings in the world!" on your siggy for 24 hours xD

I already did that a couple of months but might as well do this again now. Started this at 3:32 EST 7/16/15, just to let you know.

Moonlight Amaryllis: I dare you to write a drabble for the pairing of your choice based off the song Dear John by Taylor Swift I just so happen to be listening to that song now as we speak :D

I'll take a drabble dare.

xEryChan

Demon Child
@Satoshi & Touko: I finished that Shalourshipping drabble. Sorry it took so long but I hope you enjoy it. Here it is, if you want to read it.

Inviting Invitations.

What is your opinion on Franticshipping?

I love Franticshipping, it is definitely one of my favorite ships from the manga. I knew it was a canon ship when I started reading the Ruby and Sapphire chapter of the manga and I immediately fell for it after I finished the first volume.

So yeah, I support Franticshipping.

Drabble dare for Victorian Rush: Write a Contestshipping drabble that also Ash and Dawn in it as well.

I'll take drabble dare myself.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
^ I dare you to write a Pearlshipping drabble.
Cassidy and Butch, because not a lot of people would mind... I think.

@Trublsmbob:
What are your opinions on these ships: Orangeshipping, Contestshipping, Ikarishipping, Wishfulshipping, and Geekchicshipping?

I'll take a drabble dare :)

Orange shipping: Indifferent
ContestShipping: I honestly havn't seen the Advance series.
Ikarishipping: I like it... I don't really know why.
Wishfulshipping: I hate it. People just stick two of the worst characters in the saga together? Why?
Geekchicshipping: I'm an Amourshipper, so... I hate it. XD
I'll take a Incrimating sig dare. (I can't do pictures on it though, my kindle won't allow it. Sorry)

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I dare you to put that you support your least favorite shipping and keep it there for 24 hours.

Mizz Nikki I dare you to make an Othelloshipping graphic! Yay!.

Got it, I made two versions. One with a border and one without. Had a blast making this one but I'm kinda on the fence about all the brushes I used on it but all in all, I think it looks pretty good.

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/TggGMko.png[/IMGSIZE]

or

[IMGSIZE=350]http://i.imgur.com/a9EGDOu.png[/IMGSIZE]

But I hope you like them.

I'll take a truth.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Moonlight Amaryllis: I dare you to write a drabble for the pairing of your choice based off the song Dear John by Taylor Swift I just so happen to be listening to that song now as we speak :D

Here! I'm actually quite familiar with the song is question, but I still wasn't sure where to go with this. I hope you like it, regardless!

I'll take a truth.

Favorite and least favorite ship from the Pokemon games?

I'll take another drabble dare!

matthew11

8000 MMR
^ I dare you to write an Amourshipping drabble where Serena goes shopping and forces Ash to go with her

Alright. I'l start on this one as soon as I'm finished with this big pile of college work.

I'll take another drabble dare!

Write a Laserbladeshipping (Clemont x Korrina) drabble. The theme? Somewhere along the lines of "Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity".

I guess I can take another drabble dare.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Moonlight Amaryllis said:
I dare you to write a drabble featuring Clemont proposing to the lover of your choice.

here you go!

matthew11 said:
I guess I can take another drabble dare.
Your dare is have one of them help the other whose distressed of a paring of your choice. (ex: if you want to write about the paring Max & Bonnie, Max or Bonnie would have to help Bonnie or Max with something troubling them).

I'll take truth!

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
here you go!

Your dare is have one of them help the other whose distressed of a paring of your choice. (ex: if you want to write about the paring Max & Bonnie, Max or Bonnie would have to help Bonnie or Max with something troubling them).

I'll take truth!

What do you hate most about your favorite ship? (If nothing, tgen just something you mildly dislike.)

I'll take a truth.

xEryChan

Demon Child
^ I dare you to write a Pearlshipping drabble.

Okay, getting started on this and I'll post it when I'm finished. I'm gonna love this, I haven't written any Pearlshipping lately D:

Truth for Trublsmbob: Hope I got you username right. I'm sorry if I totally butchered it. You're an Amourshipper, right? Lets say you were unable to pair Serena with Ash, would you ship her anyone else? If so, who and why?

I'll take a truth.

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪

Kiryn

^Hmm...how about, write a drabble for a ship that you are neutral on!

Truth for Kiryn: What are the things you usually look at when you find yourself supporting a specific ship?

Sorry that it's taken me so long to answer this, but real life kinda exploded on me, and I wanted to be able to really answer the question. XD

Usually, what makes or breaks a ship for me is what I think a character could get out of it. Like, would a relationship between the characters in question help them grow as people? Broaden or expand their horizons, give them a new perspective on life or show them a different way of looking at something? Help them heal emotionally from some past or present trauma? Would they be supportive of each other? Do they make each other happy? Do they enjoy each other's company, can they be awkward and silly and laugh together? Can they be mad at each other, but still care and find ways to forgive? Do they bring out the best in each other? Can they just...exist comfortably together? If the answer to any or all of these questions is yes, then I'll probably ship it.

Bonus points if the ship is queer in some way, and if I can see some good on-screen chemistry, whether in canon or in fanworks. ^^

Okay, so let me start my return to this thread off with a truth, please! :)

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
What verse do you ship more in? Anime, manga, or game?

Favorite and least favorite ship from the Pokemon games?

Hmm...

Favorite: Transceivershipping (Been a supporter of this pairing for a while. It's just so cute and Yancy clearly was crushing on Nate)
Least Favorite: SoulSilvershipping (Could never get into this pairing, no matter how hard I try. I honestly like Lyra with Ethan more than Silver. Sorry SoulSilvershippers.)

I'll take a graphic-making dare.

AmericanPi

Write on
New to this thread, yay! Mizz Nikki, lavender is my favorite color. I dare you to make a lavender-colored graphic, featuring the ship that you think matches best with the color lavender.

I have a question, how do you "answer" a truth or dare given to you? Do you message the person who sent you the truth/dare, post your answer in this thread (after four people have posted after you, of course), or both?

I'll take a writing or drawing dare.

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Okay, getting started on this and I'll post it when I'm finished. I'm gonna love this, I haven't written any Pearlshipping lately D:

Truth for Trublsmbob: Hope I got you username right. I'm sorry if I totally butchered it. You're an Amourshipper, right? Lets say you were unable to pair Serena with Ash, would you ship her anyone else? If so, who and why?

I'll take a truth.

Hm. I'd have to say Dawn and Ash. Back before I first really got into the Pokemon anime I occasionally watched a DP episode when I saw one. I always thought Dawn and Ash would make a great couple.

New to this thread, yay! Mizz Nikki, lavender is my favorite color. I dare you to make a lavender-colored graphic, featuring the ship that you think matches best with the color lavender.

I have a question, how do you "answer" a truth or dare given to you? Do you message the person who sent you the truth/dare, post your answer in this thread (after four people have posted after you, of course), or both?

I'll take a writing or drawing dare.
I dare you to write an Amourshipping drabble.

I'll take any dare that doesn't involve drawing.

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
Trublsmbob, I dare you to choose which other characters the members of your OTP would be best compatible with. They don't need to be from the same continuity.

I'll take truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.