• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaWaltz

Dancing Pikachu
Truth for PikaWaltz: I see that you really like Aureliashipping so are there any other pairings you support besides Aurelia?

Yes, I like many pairings! I'm kind of a multishipper with Ash, actually, so I support Pokeshipping and Amourshipping as well as Aureliashipping. Oh, and also Cafemochashipping! I also think Lillie x Mallow is very cute (not sure what that's called, though).
Some other ships I like, in both the games and anime, include: Dualrivalshipping, Originshipping, Wishfulshipping, Ferriswheelshipping, Conflictshipping, Contestshipping, Alexandrianshipping and my personal long-time-favourite Soulfulheartshipping ♥

I'll do Truth.

Have you ever had a ship you disliked at first but ended up supporting later?

I'll take another Truth.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
are there any ships you want to support but you just can;t seem to, no matter how you try?
Yes'm, plenty! BlankShipping, BoutiqueShipping, KerrShipping, NaturalChromeShipping, ReformShipping, MizuhikiShipping, and HippocraticShipping.

I don't hate them, I just... don't love them. There are other pairings I prefer a helluva lot more is all.

I'll take another Truth.
PikaWaltz, do you like any Human/Pokemon ships?

I'd like someone to dare me to locate a fan art or screenshot of a certain shipping now!

xEryChan

Demon Child
I've finally finished my dare from PF#9. I did end up turning it into a one shot and I made it a BrightTomorrowshipping fic. Sorry it took me so long to finish it but I hope you like it. Departure.

xEryChan, do you enjoy the same number of pairings between generations, or do you find most of the ships you support come from one or two in particular?

Not really. I've found that most of the ships I support come from Gen. 5 and tbh, most of them are ships involving Nate since he's my fandom bicycle. But when I ship, I don't usually count at how ships I support from each genartions because I know there will be some where I am always shipping characters around and some where I just don't ship as much. Hope that makes sense.

Kyuu-Tales: for your dare, find a fanart for the pairing of your choice that is festive for Valentines Day.

I'll take a graphic making dare.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Princessmakerforever.jpg
Graphic dare: It's Olive x Cube from Princess Maker

xEryChan, I dare you too make a signature for a pairing you dislike.

I'll take either.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Have you ever had a ship you disliked at first but ended up supporting later?

Not really. Once I dislike a ship it's for good generally.

I'll take either.

I dare you to write a romantic drabble featuring a Brock/female pairing of your choice, wherein the two discover that they both like classic Motown music.

I'll take a signature message dare.

AmericanPi

Write on

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
^ do you have a fandom bicycle in the Pokemon fandom?

What platonic ships do you support?

I don't have any Pokemon pairings that I ship platonically, not gonna lie. I usually either ship them romantically or I just don't ship them at all. That's how I've always been when it comes to the Pokemon fandom.

I do have some fandoms where I ship two characters but only as friends, not romantically. For TV shows I watch, I've recently got into Riverdale and I ship Archie and Jughead as friends. I also ship Veronica and Betty together platonically. Those are really it. For How To Get Away With Murder, I ship Laurel x Michaela and Asher x Connor together platonically. And of course my favorite platonic ship of all time is Toby Cavanaugh x Caleb Rivers.

I'll take a graphic making dare.

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
Wow, it sure has been a while since I've been in here! Just popping in to say that the drabble dare is done and in the thread!

Mizz Nikki, make a graphic of your favorite ship! Yes, you heard me right! Your FAVORITE ship!

Honestly, I'm really burnt out, so I'm taking truth.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
^ what is your favorite ship with Gary?

I dare you to write a drabble about your OTP where the theme is separation.

Done. This is, by far, the most heartbreaking thing I have ever written and the song I based it on is just as heartbreaking, if not more. Not sure if this is what you had in mind but still, I hope you like it.

I'll go with a truth.

PikaWaltz

Dancing Pikachu
PikaWaltz, do you like any Human/Pokemon ships?

No, I don't. I mean, I do love the friendship between some trainers and their Pokemon (Like Ash and Pikachu), but I don't ship them. :)

Done. This is, by far, the most heartbreaking thing I have ever written and the song I based it on is just as heartbreaking, if not more. Not sure if this is what you had in mind but still, I hope you like it.

This was really good! It was very emotional and sad. I like you how you wrote it in first person, since it allowed more insight into White's thoughts and feelings. Great ^^

I'll go with a truth.

Are you into any cross-regional ships? :)

I'd like to try a Graphic Making Dare this time. I want to practice!

xEryChan

Demon Child

I've already finished this dare but unforately I have no way to post it since my power went out before I'm on my phone right now, guys :/, due to the crazy wind today. I apologize for the inconvenience.

As soon as my power comes back on, I will post this for you.

PikaWaltz, I dare you to make graphic for the pairing of your choice on a purple background.

I'll take a truth now.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
^ what is your favorite ship with Gary?

To be honest, I don't have a favorite Gary ship since I'm not too invested in the anime. I do remember during my "first ship" days I liked PalletShipping a lot.

Kyuu-Tales, here's a simple one. What's your least favorite pairing?

Taking truth since I'm still burnt out.

AmericanPi

Write on
^ do you have a fandom bicycle in the Pokemon fandom?
Yep, Dawn. She was the anime Pokegirl when I first got into Pokemon, and I ship her with Zoey (Appeal is one of my all-time favorite ships), Kenny, Barry, Conway, Paul, and Ash. :p

Taking truth since I'm still burnt out.
WolfeyStar, are there any popular pairings that you just don't like?

I'll take a dare.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
American--Pi post 186 said:
Put "Ash x Pikachu" at the very top of your signature for 24 hours.

Done

American--Pi post 194 said:
I'll take a dare.

How about a romantic Pokeshipping drabble in which Ash throws his back out and Misty is his caretaker?

I'll take a drabble dare.

xEryChan

Demon Child

Well, my internet is up and running now but I ended getting called into work today so when I get home, I will edit this post as soon as I get home this afternoon and put it in here.

Again, I apologize for my internet troubles over the past twenty-four hours. The winds were crazy and when I say crazy yesterday, I mean it! The winds were INSANE! and it ended up knocking my power put the whole night, which is not exactly ideal since I had to use my phone and it's data, which I would rather not do.

xEryChan, is there a ship you absolutely cannot stand--no two ways about it?

I wouldn't say I flat hate any ships, tbh. There are some I really do not like but I definitely don't hate them by any means. Those ships are Advanceshipping, GeekChicshipping, Luckyshipping, and MangaQuestshipping.

I just really do not like Advanceshipping. I love Ash and May as characters but them together is just a big no to me.

GeekChicshipping is another one I really do not like. I just honestly can not see Clemont and Serena together.

Luckyshipping also annoys me. I'm definitely a hardcore Specialshipper and I just honestly feel like if Red ended up with anyone else who isn't Yellow, it just wouldn't be right. Those two have went through so much together and Yellow's whole chapter in the manga is about finding Red. Do I need to say more?

MangaQuest is one I tried to get into but I just couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. I don't see it between them and I probably never will. I personally think Gold is better off with Silver, tbh.

Those are honestly the only ships I just honestly cannot stand.

PF#9: for your dare, write a drabble for the pairing of your choice that is based on a song that you like. And make sure it is a love song since today is Valentines Day.

I'll take a drabble dare myself.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Kyuu-Tales, here's a simple one. What's your least favorite pairing?
Simple? Eh, not really but...

I'd have to say it's a tie between DiamondShipping (Giovanni & Delia) and KingsRockShipping (Lysandre & Serena (XY)), probably? For Diamond, the Giovanni-as-Ash's-father theory was all but debunked with the introduction of Silver into the series and ever since the pairing's out of left field for me. Like, what business would Giovanni have with a single mom like Delia anyway when he could get basically anyone he wants?

As for KingsRock, I just can't see it happening--not even platonically (unlike, say, AkatsukiShipping (Cyrus & Dawn))--after everything that transpired in the games and anime. Lysandre never seemed the type to associate well with youth and Serena seems like a protagonist who's forgiveness he'd be hard-pressed to earn, especially after his attempts at genocide.

I'll take a drabble dare myself.
Alright xEryChan, I dare you to write a drabble featuring two of your favorite PokeSpe ships.

I'll take a drabble dare as well.

Last edited:

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
WolfeyStar, are there any popular pairings that you just don't like?

(don't hate me for the upcoming statements as these are some unpopular opinions.)

Personally, any Ash x PokeGirl/female companion. They will usually clog up the main pages of fanfiction sites, leaving people who don't really care for Ash ships out of luck. Also, I've never really been a fan of Protag/Protag or Protag/Rival (with the exception of SoulSilverShipping). Those ships just feel... overrated.

Kyuu-Tales, write a drabble that features the first pairing you ever supported. If you can't remember that far back, do it featuring your favorite pairing.

EDIT: Sorry for not saying anything about this, but I'm taking truth again! (I can't think today...)

Last edited:

Avietta_Ikarilove

Softly with grace
Wow, yeah, sorry for not being on at all these past two weeks. An emergency popped up, and the next few days will also be a little touch and go, but I'll be back to regularly checking the forums soon.

How about a polyship one? In particular, Max, Vivi Winstrate, Bonnie and Mira.

Here you go: Romance's Recommendations.

EDIT: Sorry for not saying anything about this, but I'm taking truth again! (I can't think today...)

Is there a ship that you used to love, but now don't really like/despise?

Since I'll be gone for a bit more, I'll take a truth as to avoid any waiting on drabbles or the like.

Sad and angry.
EDIT: I'm so sorry for skipping you, 134! I actually just woke up so my brain is running slow. ;; Here's a truth -- who is your favorite Champion, and do you have any ships with them?

I give up. The forum doesn't want me to answer this question. This is now the fifth time I've tried to post here. :( I keep either accidentally setting off the profanity filter (bad habit of cursing) or the post timer limit, and every time I do, the browser eats my post. It's my own fault, really, for having a potty mouth, but I am now very tired. orz

Blue (Blue x Red) or Diantha (Diantha x Drasna). I had multiple paragraphs explaining why, but I can't be bothered to type them yet again.

Avietta_Ikarilove: Hyopthetical situation -- your OTP is 100% never going to happen, for some reason. One of the characters got killed off. Or married. Or whatever. What is your new OTP?

I'll take a truth, myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.