1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by xEryChan, Jul 15, 2016.

1. I love it! The colours compliment each other really well!

American--Pi, I dare you to write a Drabble featuring all five of the stat trainers. The shipping is between two of them and can be platonic or romantic.

I'll take a Drabble dare, too. Can I just quickly note that I feel seriously uncomfortable writing anything that's PG-13 or above, and so won't like any dares focusing on stuff like that? Thanks.

2. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I dare you to write a drabble of your OTP as a period piece set in 1985 Houston, Texas, you can keep it PG level. I love period pieces. Take your time.

I'll take a Truth.

3. Avietta_Ikarilove

Avietta_Ikarilove Softly with grace

First, it's their aesthetic appeal and character design. How well do they compliment each other? Do they look nice together? Then it's their personalities. Would they be happy together? Finally, it's their lifestyle. Would they be alright adjusting into each others' styles of living? Sometimes, though, there are those pairings that you look at and go "I'm shipping this no matter what".

What is it about your favorite ship that makes it so good, in your opinion?

I'll take a truth again, please.

4. WolfeyStar

WolfeyStar Ganbaruby!

Pokemon/Pokemon is kinda pointless to me. Now don't get me wrong, people who like Poke/Poke are still cool. I just don't find it that appealing to me. Not to mention I think Poke/Poke pairs steal lots of good ship names as well that could have been used for Human/Human... so to answer the initial question, no, I can never see myself suppporting a Poke/Poke ship.

Avietta_Ikarilove, here's a simple one. What caused you to start shipping your favorite pairing?

Taking truth again!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  5. WolfeyStar, what is your nOTP? So to speak, what shipping do you dislike the most?

I'll jump on the truth train.

6. xEryChan

xEryChan Archeology Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

I have so many, tbh. I'm always shipping Gen 5 characters so much. My favorite would have to be between DualRivalShipping (Cheren x Bianca) and ChessShipping (Hilbert x Hilda) I have shipped these two pairings since they both were introduced and I still do to this day.

My all time favorite Gen 5 ship is Transcievershipping (Nate x Yancy) though. What's not to like about it? It was quite obvious Yancy was crushing on Nate, isn't it? Haha

NerdyMcNerdface: are there certain things about favorite ship that annoy you about it sometimes?

I'll take a drabble dare or a graphic making dare.

7. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pokeshipping was the original ship in Pokemon. It was the first ship I supported in the series, and I will stick by it forever.

How about a Pearlshipping drabble? It is your top ship after all.

I'll take truth again.

8. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Here you go!
    A Pleasant Surprise

Pikachu Fan Number Nine, do you ship Misty with anyone besides Ash?

I'll take a truth.

9. For all my brOTPs, I want to go look up bromance/platonic art, but I can't due to fear of seeing anything shipping them sexually. It's so annoying and is why I have so little fan art in my camera roll.

American--Pi, what's your brOTP/favourite platonic ship?

I'll go with Truth, I can't really do too many drabbles for a bit since I probably need to focus on my AU fanfic I'm planning.

10. Avietta_Ikarilove

Avietta_Ikarilove Softly with grace

My favorite pairing is a tie between Mahinashipping [Moon/Gladion] and Ferriswheelshipping [N/Hilda]. For Mahinashipping, I think it was the way they interacted, with Gladion being such an edgelord™ and Moon still being willing to help him either way. With Ferriswheelshipping, it's very similar, except Hilda was willing to follow along with N's plans to prove him wrong and pull him out of his reverie, of sorts, about his father and Team Plasma.

What is your favorite platonic pairing?

I'll take a truth, please.

11. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

No I don't actually.

What got you into shipping in the first place?

I'll do truth again.

12. WolfeyStar

WolfeyStar Ganbaruby!

Oh boy here we go. (I sure hope I don't sound mean or anything... if I do I'm terribly sorry. I just feel like when it comes to ships I might offend people.)

My NOTP? HoennChampionShipping. I just find that this ship isn't appealing, considering in OR/AS canon May and Steven are 12 and 25 respectively. But what really bothers me that this seems to be May's biggest ship (the one with the most content), and quite possibly one of Steven's biggest ships. Pairing both overratedness and just being plain wrong, and you have the recipe for NOTP.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine, do you support Poke/Human ships?

Once again taking truth.

13. Well, I have quite a few, but the two favourites I'd like to mention are Origin and Partner. Origin, well, the manga had enough evidence to practically screams that they're bros (as well as the Delta Episode ending), and I've always found that upon thinking of the five stat trainers, I find that I can see all of them as five-way friends!

WolfeyStar, what Ash ship annoys you the most? (By the way I agree entirely on HoennChampion)

I'll take truth again. My creative ideas for things other than my main fanfiction I'm focusing on right now are not working that well.

14. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Sorry for the wait, Nerdy. Please enjoy!

A Gift from the Heart

Okay Nerdy, what is your favorite same-sex ship?

I'll take a graphic dare!

15. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

I actually had to think a bit about this one, because when I ship I tend to pair them romantically haha. Anyways, overall when it comes to me shipping celebrities with each other, I usually like them as a platonic pairing. For example, I love Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal as friends. Same goes with MSN (Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, and Neymar Jr.). Pokemon wise, I'm starting to like FlyingShipping (Falkner and Winona) as a platonic inter-generational friendship, in part thanks to my Yuletide present which featured Falkner and Winona being good friends.

Kyuu-Tales, I dare you to make a polyship/OT3 graphic.

I'll take a graphic-making dare too.

16. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

No I don't I find them too weird for my liking

How about a GeekChicShipping banner with Serena driving, Clemont in the seat next to her, and the caption "Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long" - Tom Cochrane?

I'll take truth again.

17. Ooh, that is a hard one. I do have multiple ships between two characters of the same sex, and I really enjoy a good amount of them... well, I'll say this - platonic Origin is one of my favourites, then there's platonic Mira x Cheryl, platonic, Mira x Marley, platonic Cheryl x Marley and platonic Buck x Riley. Yes, I ship every combination of the stat trainers platonically, and right there I just listed the four possible same-sex pairings of them. I just really love them, ok?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine, do you tend to ship platonically, romanctically or sexually most of the time?"

Yes, I am taking another Truth again.

18. SkittleBox

SkittleBox Fanfiction writer

*kickflips in* Eh, it's about time I joined the game. Glad to join you guys!

Nerdy McNerdface, do you support any Ash shippings, whether it be romantic or platonic?

To start, I'm taking truth.

19. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

I chose the Champion-ship RoamShipping for your dare, American--Pi. ;3c

[IMGSIZE=429]https://jpeghost.net/x-XKaaaa.jpg[/IMGSIZE]​

Okay SkittleBox, what is your favorite rarepair?

I'll take a truth now.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  20. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Usually it's romantically.

Kyuu-Tales, what is the most "out-there" ship you support in Pokemon?

I'll do truth again.