• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEryChan

Demon Child
.:Shippers' Truth or Dare:.

Hello! Welcome to the Truth or Dare thread, shipping edition. The previous one died so I'm bringing it back.

What is Truth or Dare, you say? Rules of the game are as follows: a person is chosen and asked “Truth or Dare?”, whether a person is chosen or brought to by fate from spinning a bottle or something. If the person chooses “Truth”, they will be given a question (usually delirious) and they must answer it with all honesty. If the person chooses “Dare”, they will be given a task to perform (also usually wild). After the person responds, they continue the game to get another person and the cycle keeps repeating.

SPPF Shipping Community version, this is a “post answering the person above you” sort of thing. Give the person who last posted a shipping-related question if they mention wanting a “truth” or give them a shipping-related task to do if they choose “dare”. Then tell us whether YOU choose truth or dare. Another member will fulfill your turn by giving you something back. Again, the cycle repeats. Sounds easy enough?

He’s the rough of what will happen throughout the thread:

Me: I choose truth.
Member A: Alright, do you think ____shipping will be canon and why? I choose dare! >:D
Member B: I dare you to write a one-shot about ____shipping stuck on an island. I pick a truth.
Member C: How would you plan out your OTP’s wedding? I also choose truth.
Member D: Is there any shippings about X you don’t like? I choose dare.

Lets go on to the rules of the game. Shall we?

.: R U L E S :.

• General SPPF rules and Shippers Community rules apply at all times. This means no flaming other pairings or users for their opinions. Be respectful towards everyone and their shipping preferences because you wouldn’t want your favorite shipping to be insulted at, would you? ;]
  • When picking “Truth” or “Dare”, bold the word so others can easily see and understand what is it you want to do.
  • There is no permission necessary to join. Just post after the last user and you’re automatically in!
  • You must respond to the last user who posted. If you were trying to answer someone and were beaten by another user, you must edit your post to keep the flow of the game going well.
  • Keep the thread PG as this forum has a lot of kids and teens. Let’s not scare them and keep whatever it is elsewhere.
  • In addition, keep the thread under Pokemon-related business. This way there’s more of a relation towards members.
  • Once your post, you cannot post until 3 users have posted after you. Looking back at the rough example, if you are “Me”, you cannot post again until after member C has finished posting.
  • Don’t avoid a truth or dare given to you. Answer or complete it as much as you can. Constant avoidance will cause you be banned from playing. Try to have as much fun as you can.
  • Any questions or concerns must be reported via Private Message to either me or Meowth City.

.: O P T I O N S :.

Truth
A question to be answered honestly.

- Lets try not to be that stick in the mud who takes truths all the time. Mix it up, have some fun. You're killing the fun of the game by only taking truths and that makes Ery a very sad girl :(

Dare
There are certain types of dares you can give the user:
  • Tell them to draw a sketch, doodle, or fan-art of a certain shipping.
  • Write a one-shot (1k+ words) or a drabble (500 words or less) on a certain pairing.
  • Design a graphic (banner, icon, wallpaper, etc) of a certain shipping.
  • Write a scandalous message on their signature and keep there for a span of 24 hours to a week, depending on what you want.
  • Locate a fan art or screenshot of a certain shipping.
  • Leave a shipping-related message on a participant’s profile about a pairing.

Do not avoid dares given to you and just get it over with as quick as possible.

Due to past experiences, making a shipping thread is not allowed.

If you are going to post on a user’s profile, make sure it is a member who is on the participant list below.

.: P A R T I C I P A N T S :.

• xEryChan
  • Satoshi & Touko
  • AmericanPi
  • Mizz Nikki
  • HoundoomFan
  • Kutie Pie
  • ChloboShoka
  • Mizz Nikki
  • matthew11
  • SilverLining554
  • FanaticLaguy06
  • Billybo10K
  • NerdyMcNerdface
  • WolfeyStar
  • AdvancedGenGenesect
  • Kyuu-Tales
  • Victorian Rush
  • Kiryn
  • Avietta_Ikarilove
  • Pikachu Fan Number Nine
  • SkittleBox
  • Tuxlash
  • TikTok13
  • chandallure
  • PikaWaltz
  • ✨Stardust✨

If you got your name changed, please send me a PM to let me know so I can update the list to reflect that.

.: E V A D E R S :.

None so far :]

---

Sorry for the long delay with the game, guys. I know many of you missed the game, I got a lot of questions wondering when the new thread would be up. The previous host, Sweet May has not logged in since May so I didn't really want to keep you guys waiting.

So, lets get this going.

I'll start it off by taking a truth.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hi! Thank you soooooooo much for bringing this back! <3<3<3

XEryChan, do you think that Amourshipping is going to become canon?

I'll take a truth

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Glad to see it's back. I've really missed this game.

Pi, I dare you to write a drabble for the pairing of your choice that also has orange juice I may or may not have had a glass of orange juice haha xD.

I'll take a truth.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Glad to see this again too! Hopefully we can keep this going! :)

Mizz Nikki:
Is there a ship that you support and don't know why?

I'll keep the pattern with a drabble dare!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Welcome everyone. I'll add you all to the participants list on the first post now.

XEryChan, do you think that Amourshipping is going to become canon?

Honestly, no. Maybe one day it will but right now, I don't think so. I think the writers are too focused with the status quo of the anime to even think of making any ship, not just Amour canon, and they're just going to leave it one sided at the end of XYZ.

That's what I think will happen. Don't kill me, Amourshippers.

ChloboShoka, for your dare, write a Transceivershipping drabble that takes place in Castelia City.

I'll take a drabble dare.

Satoshi & Touko

Yay, this is back! :D

Satoshi & Touko, what's your favorite male/male ship, Pokemon or otherwise?

I don't support any male/male ships, partly for religious reasons.

xEryChan, I dare you to write a Joyeuxshipping (Ash/Shauna) Drabble that has Serena in it and has her accepting that her and Ash were not meant to be.

I'll take a find-it dare or a leaving-a-shipping-related-message dare.

AmericanPi

Write on
Glad to see it's back. I've really missed this game.

Pi, I dare you to write a drabble for the pairing of your choice that also has orange juice I may or may not have had a glass of orange juice haha xD.

I'll take a truth.
Here's my psychology-inspired orange juice BurningLeafShipping drabble, "Classical Conditioning".

I don't support any male/male ships, partly for religious reasons.

xEryChan, I dare you to write a Joyeuxshipping (Ash/Shauna) Drabble that has Serena in it and has her accepting that her and Ash were not meant to be.

I'll take a find-it dare or a leaving-a-shipping-related-message dare.
Aw crap, I forgot that you mentioned that previously! Oops.

Satoshi & Touko, I dare you to find fanart of SommelierShipping (Cilan x Burgundy)!

I'll take a truth.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Kutie Pie: What's your least favourite canon shipping?

There's apparently canon ships in Pokémon (AmourShipping is very one-sided)? I thought of any possible canon ships, even looked a very tiny list up on Bulbapedia, but even after looking through it, I can't think of anything. Many of them are pretty forgettable anyway, so that's why I couldn't think of them.

@Pi - Do you have any ships that you personally can't support for any reason?

I'll take a find-it dare, I suppose.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
KP is it okay if I call you that?, I dare you to find a BallBreakShipping (Grant x Roxanne) fanart.

Mizz Nikki:
Is there a ship that you support and don't know why?

I'm not the kind of girl who supports a pairing and doesn't know why. Normally, when I ship two characters, I look for campatability and how well I think the characters would go together. If I don't think they're compatible, I won't ship it. I don't think I have pairing that I ship and don't know why I ship.

So for that, I'm gonna have to say no.

I'll take a dare but please, nothing involving fanart. I can't draw for th life of me. Anything else is good for me though.

Satoshi & Touko

Is that even a legal dare, Chloboshoka? XD

Aw crap, I forgot that you mentioned that previously! Oops.

Satoshi & Touko, I dare you to find fanart of SommelierShipping (Cilan x Burgundy)!

Here ya go!

16766076_m.png

It appears credit goes to someone by the name of likeitornur so credit to them for the image.

Chloboshkka, since you've no preference, I dare you to write an Othelloshipping one-shot. It can be done any way you like.

Since my dare was rather frustrating to figure out how to do, I'll go truth this time, please.

AmericanPi

Write on
There's apparently canon ships in Pokémon (AmourShipping is very one-sided)? I thought of any possible canon ships, even looked a very tiny list up on Bulbapedia, but even after looking through it, I can't think of anything. Many of them are pretty forgettable anyway, so that's why I couldn't think of them.

@Pi - Do you have any ships that you personally can't support for any reason?

I'll take a find-it dare, I suppose.
There are several ships out there that I find problematic for various reasons (lookin' at you, Reylo), but the biggest no-no for me is incest (lookin' at you, Elsanna). Firstly, there's something inherently squicky about having a romantic relationship with your sibling. Secondly - and this is my main reason for not supporting any incestuous ships - incest is biologically inhumane, and has been scientifically proven to be unhealthy.

Is that even a legal dare, Chloboshoka? XD

Here ya go!

16766076_m.png

It appears credit goes to someone by the name of likeitornur so credit to them for the image.

Chloboshkka, since you've no preference, I dare you to write an Othelloshipping one-shot. It can be done any way you like.

Since my dare was rather frustrating to figure out how to do, I'll go truth this time, please.
Cute! :3

Satoshi & Touko, what's your least favorite ship involving Ash, and why? Sorry it's me again

I'll take a graphic-making dare!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
KP is it okay if I call you that?, I dare you to find a BallBreakShipping (Grant x Roxanne) fanart.

I encourage the use of my nickname :D.

Anyhoo, I tried to find some fan-art, even going so far as to try and find explicit fan-art (I wouldn't have linked it, of course, it was just to say I did find something), and found nothing. I went to the depths of hell and came back empty-handed.

But when you type in "Grant and Roxanne", though, this pops up if that counts for anything LOL.
[IMG139]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/lilbird92/Screen%20shot%202016-07-17%20at%2012.09.13%20PM_zpspp9drp7z.png[/IMG139]

Hello again, Pi could've taken Satoshi & Touko but I wasn't sure since I don't know if "three posters after you" meant exactly three or "four" like mentioned in the example. I'm not entirely sure if I could make specific requests as to what the graphic should look like, but regardless, I dare you to... mmm... make a graphic of Mewtwo and Mew. But without using typical stock images like Ken Sugimori official art or what you find on Bulbapedia where it's a static image of them standing... or in Mew's case, floating with hands at the sides and facing forward. Gotta have some illusion of movement (not sure if you're okay with .gifs). Those are the only guidelines.

Going with a truth, then.

xEryChan

Demon Child
To clear up some confusion. You guys can post after three users have posted before you may post again. I'm sorry I was not clear, I'll go back and edit that rule.

Here it is. I had a tough time thinking of an idea for it before I finally decided to give in and leave it untitled for now. Hopefully I'll come up with something for it. Sorry, I stink with coming up for a title for a story.

KP, are there any ships that you started off liking but then found yourself disliking it?

I'll take a truth this time.

Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko, what's your least favorite ship involving Ash, and why? Sorry it's me again

I guess it would have to be Pokeshipping. I just think Ash would be miserable in a relationship with Misty given how she had a tendancy to treat him in the anime.

xEryChan Are there any ships you WOULD support if certain circumstances were met? (Ex. If Shauna liked gym battles, then you would support Joyeuxshipping.)

I'll take a truth

matthew11

8000 MMR
Been busy, glad this game's back! :D

Satoshi & Touko, what makes your favorite ship unique from other Ash ships?

I'll take a drabble dare right off the bat :)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
KP, are there any ships that you started off liking but then found yourself disliking it?

I'm not entirely sure since I tend to just forget about the ships I had a brief liking for. The one that comes to mind is ElderShipping. I don't see how that can be a thing outside of jokes the fandom's made over the years.

Alright, matthew11, I drabble dare you to write a (sfw of course) Skitty-on-Wailord fluff-piece.

I'll take another truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.