• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanPi

Write on
Hello again, Pi could've taken Satoshi & Touko but I wasn't sure since I don't know if "three posters after you" meant exactly three or "four" like mentioned in the example. I'm not entirely sure if I could make specific requests as to what the graphic should look like, but regardless, I dare you to... mmm... make a graphic of Mewtwo and Mew. But without using typical stock images like Ken Sugimori official art or what you find on Bulbapedia where it's a static image of them standing... or in Mew's case, floating with hands at the sides and facing forward. Gotta have some illusion of movement (not sure if you're okay with .gifs). Those are the only guidelines.
I already PM'ed you the two graphics I made, but here they are again. The first version has Mega Mewtwo X and Y, and the second version doesn't.
kp%20banner%20with%20megas1_zpsfcjpfnvy.gif
KP%20banner%20without%20megas%20final_zpsjhwabwm7.gif

I'm not entirely sure since I tend to just forget about the ships I had a brief liking for. The one that comes to mind is ElderShipping. I don't see how that can be a thing outside of jokes the fandom's made over the years.

Alright, matthew11, I drabble dare you to write a (sfw of course) Skitty-on-Wailord fluff-piece.

I'll take another truth.
KP, what's your favorite shipping with Mew in it, other than MewShipping?

I'll take a truth.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Been busy, glad this game's back! :D

Satoshi & Touko, what makes your favorite ship unique from other Ash ships?

My favorite ship is Othelloshipping, and what make's it unique from all the other Ash shippings is that given what I imagine Hilda's character being like, she's the only girl that could perfectly fit the molding of what I envision being the right personality to go along with Ash's own character.

American Pi: Do you agree that certain shippings that don't get a lot of love do deserve more love?

I'll take a truth.

xEryChan

Demon Child
xEryChan Are there any ships you WOULD support if certain circumstances were met? (Ex. If Shauna liked gym battles, then you would support Joyeuxshipping.)

I don't think so. When it comes to shippings, I ship if I like the two characters and think they would go great together. I wouldn't ship a pairing if some circumstances had to be met.

That's just how I think.

Satoshi & Touko: are there any songs out there that make you think of your favorite pairing when you listen to them?

I'll take a drabble dare or a graphic-making dare.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
KP, what's your favorite shipping with Mew in it, other than MewShipping?

I don't remember the name of the ship, but I do like Celebi/Mew, probably more than Lucario/Mew, to be honest. Although the "love triangle" switched between Mewtwo, Mew, and Celeb,i and Mewtwo, Mew, and Lucario a lot until I came to the conclusion I don't like Lucario all that much lol.

xEryChan, I dare you to make a crossover graphic involving Blue and Green--as in, Blue and Green from the game and manga-verses. (So like Blue from the games could be meeting Green from the Adventures manga, or Green from the game meeting up with Blue from the manga. If that makes sense. Hauuu I'm confusing myself.)

I'll take a dare, don't seem to have a preference at this time.

AmericanPi

Write on
My favorite ship is Othelloshipping, and what make's it unique from all the other Ash shippings is that given what I imagine Hilda's character being like, she's the only girl that could perfectly fit the molding of what I envision being the right personality to go along with Ash's own character.

American Pi: Do you agree that certain shippings that don't get a lot of love do deserve more love?

I'll take a truth.
Not really. I think there's no such thing as "deserving love" in terms of Shippings. People are free to ship whatever they want with no shame, whether it is a popular ship or an obscure ship. (The exception to this would be unhealthy ships, such as incest.) There's no point in forcing your ship down other people's throats if they don't want to ship it, even if you think your ship "deserves" more shippers.

Someone gave me a prompt so I mixed that in with the dare too.

Kutie Pie, I dare you to write a fic with a shipping of your choice written in the style of Roald Dhal.

No Preference
CholboShoka, are there any Ash ships you don't like (as opposed to just not shipping the ship)?

I'll take a drabble dare.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Satoshi & Touko: are there any songs out there that make you think of your favorite pairing when you listen to them?

Technically, no, but the song "Hey there Dehlila" makes me think of Advanceshipping for some reason.

Silverlining554 Do you think that a shipping can still be good if the two characters fight a lot? And I mean a lot.

I'll take a ...drabble...dare... I guess? But please, Male/Female human couple please, because that's just what I can do.

ChloboShoka

Writer
CholboShoka, are there any Ash ships you don't like (as opposed to just not shipping the ship)?
MommyShipping - Ash & Delia
I think it's self-explanatory. I'm not really into incest ships.

ShatterShipping - Ash & Giovanni
I do like the idea of Giovanni being Ash's dad. So shipping them together in a romantic way will always feel off to me.

I'll take a ...drabble...dare... I guess? But please, Male/Female human couple please, because that's just what I can do.

I dare you to write a Giovanni/Delia drabble.

No Preference

AmericanPi

Write on
Ohh my it's back ;u; Bless your hearts

American-Pi, I dare you to write a drabble that involves someone "ruining the moment" (doesn't have to be super romantic or cheesy) for a ship of your choice ;)

I'll take a truth please~
Here! :D I wrote about CumulusShipping (Skyla x Lisia), a more obscure ship that I like.

I'll give you a truth: Have there been any ships you didn't like at first but grew to like?

I'll take a truth
FanaticLaguy06, do you support any human/Pokemon ships?

I'll take a truth.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
Here! :D I wrote about CumulusShipping (Skyla x Lisia), a more obscure ship that I like.

FanaticLaguy06, do you support any human/Pokemon ships?

I'll take a truth.

For your OTP, what would you say would be a perfect day for them? Like, how would you imagine they'd spend their day.

I'll take a truth!

ChloboShoka

Writer
I'll give you a truth: Have there been any ships you didn't like at first but grew to like?
At first I didn't like Pokeshipping at first cause I wasn't into shippping at the time, but now I quite like it, it's one of my favourite Ash ships.

@Billybo10K, so you like Ash-Greninja, do you ship him with anyone?

No Preference again

SilverLining554

~Head In The Clouds~
Silverlining554 Do you think that a shipping can still be good if the two characters fight a lot? And I mean a lot..

Honestly, I think any ship can be good REGARDLESS of any fighting or drama or etc. It's really up to the shipper whether they want to or not, but I feel like a lot of the couples who argue quite a lot actually do get shipped around a bit...xD BUT ANYWAY. Personally for me it depends on how compatible I think they are but I'm pretty much open to shipping anything.

ChloboShoka, I dare you to tell us one of the craziest head canons you've ever had for your OTP.

I'll take a drabble dare please! Gimme anything ;)

AmericanPi

Write on
For your OTP, what would you say would be a perfect day for them? Like, how would you imagine they'd spend their day.
My OTP is DualRivalShipping (Cheren x Bianca), so the perfect day for them would be going on a field trip to a science museum. Any science museum, really, but they would like a Pokemon natural history museum the best, because they both love studying Pokemon and sharing their knowledge with others. Bianca would get really excited over all the Pokemon-related exhibitions, and Cheren would be excited too, but in a quieter way. They'd eat lunch at the museum cafe, and, after the museum closes, head straight to Cheren's house to watch a science documentary. :>

I've got to write this eventually OMG

I'll take a drabble dare please! Gimme anything ;)
SilverLining554, I dare you to write a drabble for any female/female pairing.

I'll take an art dare.

xEryChan

Demon Child
xEryChan, I dare you to make a crossover graphic involving Blue and Green--as in, Blue and Green from the game and manga-verses. (So like Blue from the games could be meeting Green from the Adventures manga, or Green from the game meeting up with Blue from the manga. If that makes sense. Hauuu I'm confusing myself.)

I got you and I'll get started on that right away and as soon as I'm finished, I'll post it here. Sorry it took me to long, I've been having problems with photoshop as of late but I promise I will get it done.

American--Pi, for your dare, make a fanart for the pairing of your choice in a fall/autumn setting summer vacation is ending soon and I'm really am not looking forward to going back to work :/

I'll take a truth.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
At first I didn't like Pokeshipping at first cause I wasn't into shippping at the time, but now I quite like it, it's one of my favourite Ash ships.

@Billybo10K, so you like Ash-Greninja, do you ship him with anyone?

No Preference again

So Greninja on his own I'd certainly ship with either Alain's Charizard or Shota's Sceptile. I have a thing for Pokemon Rivals (Actual Pokemon though, not the human rivals in Pokemon). I can imagine a lot of tension with the first of the two pairings, while I sort of imagine Sceptile as a headcanon jokester, contrasting with the rather stoic Greninja.

I also have a BrOTP between Greninja and Pikachu since they both are insanely close to Ash and I can see a brotherly relationship of sorts there.

However, and I know this is a minority opinion, I both platonically and romantically ship Greninja and Ash. Ignoring the species part, I think that personality-wise, their bond is something that can be explored in many different concepts and there are many ways to take it. Is it brotherly, maybe a best friend bond, or is it romantic? It's a lot of fun to mess with and since Greninja is such a sweet heart it's just too much fun!

I got you and I'll get started on that right away and as soon as I'm finished, I'll post it here. Sorry it took me to long, I've been having problems with photoshop as of late but I promise I will get it done.

American--Pi, for your dare, make a fanart for the pairing of your choice in a fall/autumn setting summer vacation is ending soon and I'm really am not looking forward to going back to work :/

I'll take a truth.

Sorry if you've heard a question like this before - If your Pokemon OTP was in a situation where only one of them could make it out unscathed, how would your OTP react with your headcanon? Like, would one of them volunteer to take some sort of pain or would they be scared or what? (Sorry the question's weird, I just didn't want to ask the typical, what's your OTP questions, haha).

Anyway, I'll take another Truth. (Might do a dare next time though)

ChloboShoka

Writer
Anyway, I'll take another Truth. (Might do a dare next time though)
Name a pairing that you used to like, but now you dislike it or not anymore?

ChloboShoka, I dare you to tell us one of the craziest head canons you've ever had for your OTP.
My OTP: Franziska von Karma x Maya Fey from Ace Attorney

My crazy head canon for them is that Fantina, the gym leader of Hearthome city is Franziska's mother. I've used this head canon in a lot of my fics. What does this have to do with my headcanon. Well Maya is the master of her village and her village is known for female spirit mediums. I like to think that Fantina brought pokemon into Kurain to bring peace to Maya's village and bring her daughter and girlfriend close together.

No Preference again. Would love an arty dare though.

Status
Not open for further replies.