• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Shipping Authors' Café~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I think you're thinking of the ToD KP XD. Anyways yeah, the thread would be stickied here in the shipping fic forums if we do decide to make a thread on it, and she suggested I make this post to see how the community would react first, get some feedback before we start working on it further, and some challenges as well. If all goes well, we'll most likely start ironing out all of the rules and the thread would be up shortly after a certain point. Good to see some interest though!

Two people collab challenge could work. Person A takes role of Ash, person B takes role of Misty. Person A writes an action, creates a situation in Ash's POV. However this scene should be short and not include the reaction of Misty. Person B starts with Misty's reaction and post something. That would be a short version. One could make bigger versions including multi-ships.

For example, I post a challenge in sticky thread : I am writing Pokeshipping in Misty's POV. Then person B comes along and accepts the challenge. The two make a collab fic.

Bigger version: Pearl Shipping, Ikari Shipping. In this case, three people will have to sign up and start the game. The person who starts the challenge makes the thread, and the opening post. He's also responsible for creating the setting. A fourth person (preferably a mod?) can act as the overseer who sees if someone is being extremely unfair like making extremely OOC reactions. Ratings should be maintained by the challenger.

The writers don't need to put much effort into writing. But they should still write very good short scenes.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Yeah, I was thinking either a stickied thread with a list of challenges for people to try or just editing the first post of the Author's Cafe with a list of challenges. The former has the advantage of being more visible while the latter gives us an easier place to come up with challenges and talk about completing them. So, pros and cons either way. Be glad to hear what you guys think.

But either way, we'd need to get some challenges to use first :p So if you know of any shippy fanfiction challenges, feel free to mention them. Or if you have an idea for one.

Awhile back in the PokeShipping thread I started a 50 Theme challenge for that pair. Not many people winded up trying it, but I've still got the list:

Pokeshipping 50 Themes Challenge

1. Spinning Wheels
2. Swimming Lessons
3. Waterfall
4. Handkerchief
5. Like a Family
6. A Change in Wardrobe
7. Conversation Ender
8. By the Beautiful Sea
9. In-Law Blues
10. Excuses, Excuses
11. Alphabet Challenges
12. Campfires
13. Shopping
14. Arguing
15. Final Kiss
16. With Me Always
17. Under the Staryu
18. Unexpected
19. The Mirage
20. Look at Me
21. A Badge is a Badge
22. Cycling Road
23. So Romantic
24. Taking Shelter
25. Jealousy Isn't Very Pretty
26. Autumn Festival
27. The Other Side
28. Bunk Bed
29. I Think We're Alone Now
30. Better Not Ask
31. Ruby of the Sea
32. Renovation
33. Misty's Tears
34. An Unfair Comparison
35. Metamorphosis
36. Not Very Gallant Behavior
37. Getting Obvious
38. Vacation
39. Research
40. Medicine
41. Arm in Arm
42. Can't Get Over You
43. The Friend Zone
44. Confusing Emotions
45. Like Little Kids
46. Dragged Along
47. Not My Type
48. Mystery
49. Angling
50. Grown Up

I've got a 100 theme one for Xellos/Filia that I've been plugging away for the last... 3 years XP But since that's Slayers I'm probably the only one who's interested in it.

Dracoflare, that collab idea is interesting and honestly not something I've thought of before.

Liltwick

I have to agree with Skiyomi on your idea Draco. It could go to any shipping really and the amount of participants or shippings it can span are practically endless. I think if we could come up with a name for that challenge it could be really fun if everyone works on it together. Hmm, a name for that challenge would be good as well, and probably a more cemented rule set as well...

I do like that challenge set Skiyomi, but maybe it could be adapted to fit all ships? I can see a lot of different types of shippings fall into a lot of those different categories, so it would be fun to adapt it, maybe? I can easily come up with a challenge based on Tarot, each drabble corresponding with the major arcana is represents. Hmm, I'll post that in my next post....

There are pros and cons for a separate thread and implementing it into the Author's cafe, I wonder if there is a way to merge the two together in one thread?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
The collab thing definitely has potential, though I kinda think there would need to be some limits on it since we don't want it to turn into an RP session. But maybe we could include a list of people looking for collab partners writing for a specific pairing and if someone's interested they could PM them and work something out together? (now that I think of it, that could already be handled to some degree in the fic request thread) I don't work with collabs much, so I'd be happy to hear with someone who has more experience with them.

I think for theme challenges... We could easily make some up that could be fit for any pairing. But I also like the idea of having ones specifically for a certain pairing to highlight their unique traits. Definitely room for some challenges with narrow and some with broad focuses.

There are pros and cons for a separate thread and implementing it into the Author's cafe, I wonder if there is a way to merge the two together in one thread?

Well, we could have the challenges in the first post here and the title could be edited with a "(Challenge List Inside)" or something to that effect. I could see it working well here, but then again, we wouldn't want it to completely overrun this thread's purpose either.

Liltwick

Here's the Tarot Challenge. Would love to see two different sets where it's taken literally by the name, and then by the meaning of the cards

[SPOIL]
Tarot CHallenge:
0. The Fool
I. The Magician
II. The High Priestess
III. The Emperor
IV. The Empress
V. The Hierophant
VI. The Lovers
VII. The Chariot
VIII. Justice
IX. The Hermit
X. Wheel of Fortune
XI. The Strength
XII. The Hanged Man
XII. Death
XIV. Temperance
XV. The Devil
XVI. The Tower
XVII. The Star
XVII. The Moon
XIX. The Sun
XX. Judgement
XXI. The World[/SPOIL]

The collab thing definitely has potential, though I kinda think there would need to be some limits on it since we don't want it to turn into an RP session. But maybe we could include a list of people looking for collab partners writing for a specific pairing and if someone's interested they could PM them and work something out together? (now that I think of it, that could already be handled to some degree in the fic request thread) I don't work with collabs much, so I'd be happy to hear with someone who has more experience with them.

Agreeing on this. Anyone with really good experience on collabs would be useful right now .-.

I think for theme challenges... We could easily make some up that could be fit for any pairing. But I also like the idea of having ones specifically for a certain pairing to highlight their unique traits. Definitely room for some challenges with narrow and some with broad focuses.

Hmm, maybe if we do decide on doing the thread, maybe we could have sections like "General", "PokeShipping", etc. etc. it would really fit in that idea.

Well, we could have the challenges in the first post here and the title could be edited with a "(Challenge List Inside)" or something to that effect. I could see it working well here, but then again, we wouldn't want it to completely overrun this thread's purpose either.
That's where I do think its own thread would fit better. Since if we incorporate it into the cafe I feel like the cafe's original purpose would slowly start to fade away and be forgotten. Discussion and creation of challenges would make more sense in the thread, but I don't think that advertisements would be good, but occasional status updates? We still need to iron this part out, since like you said, each option has it's pros and cons.

I have to agree with Skiyomi on your idea Draco. It could go to any shipping really and the amount of participants or shippings it can span are practically endless. I think if we could come up with a name for that challenge it could be really fun if everyone works on it together. Hmm, a name for that challenge would be good as well, and probably a more cemented rule set as well...

I do like that challenge set Skiyomi, but maybe it could be adapted to fit all ships? I can see a lot of different types of shippings fall into a lot of those different categories, so it would be fun to adapt it, maybe? I can easily come up with a challenge based on Tarot, each drabble corresponding with the major arcana is represents. Hmm, I'll post that in my next post....

I am glad you like that idea. The thing is, I personally see romance as a beautiful thing and fun thing (at least having a crush?). It's good to be in love, but this enjoyment can be more fun when you put yourself in the shoes of someone else who is not you. (Besides, this idea is inspired from PASBL.)

The rules.......basically we have to see what possible rule breakages are possible.

1) Character bashing: Thinly veiled character bashing can be done through roleplaying as such person. For example, person X could hate Misty and try degrading her character. While we can't really do anything against well written attempts at such things, a moderator or someone who takes up the equivalent referee role could make sure obvious attempts don't happen.

2) Ship bashing: This can be done if the two persons are equally trying to make a bad stain on the ship. Both of these considered, I think a "referee" (or equivalent word: Watcher/B-Reader) role should be taken by more active people who also like to read fics on such ships. For example, I like reading Pearlshipping, so I could be a "Pearlship Watcher/B-Reader" for a certain fic. The final decision on rule breaking would obviously go to Skiyomi/Encyclopika/whoever else the mods are.

3) De-railing the plot: Some could purposefully try driving the story to sexual or M-rated scenes. A fix rating should be given by the challenger when he posts his thread and either users are abolished from crossing that limit. But this could also come under rule 1, if a person A role playing as Ash constantly tries to force himself on Dawn, then it could come under rule 1 as Character Bashing, even if it's unintentional. To keep things civil, NC17/M-rated fics should never be allowed in this challenge.

I hope I am not going ahead of myself here. I made up all this things on spot, just now. I thought the possible rule breaks.

As for basic functioning itself:

Just like I said before Person A makes a challenge in the sticky thread with some fixed format.

Ship Name: Ex: Pokeshipping
Rating: K to T or PG to PG-15 or something like that.
Character Roles Open: Ash
Setting: High School/Canon/ Any other anime/RL world settings.
Points for participation:
Other Conditions: Any character you don't want to have? Any topic you don't want to touch?

Yes, the point system. Basically based on the popularity of the ship, we give points to participants.

For example, this is the popularity chart:

1) Pearlshipping
2)Ikarishipping
3) Penguinshipping.

Those who take up Penguin get more points than Ikari or Pearlshippers. This is so that to encourage people to write rare shipping fics.

So, uh, this is what I have thought out. This is just an idea, I hope I really am not getting ahead of myself.

And most importantly this will be a one person to one person affair. Only one person gets a certain character.

I can see that this is very similar to RP, but this is more romance oriented and can be done with 2 to any number of people.

Hope I didn't speak too much :p

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
There are definitely some good ideas there, but I'd personally have a few concerns about having more than two people involved with the story. There's that old "too many chefs spoil the broth" adage and I feel like it could apply here. Involving a lot of people in it would make things get kind of complicated. And make organizing hard for the Shipping Oscars... What's more, I'm thinking more than ever that this would fit in better in the fic request shop. You could fill in the form as usual:

Name of ship:
Names of Characters in pair:
Plot:
Rating regulation (optional):
Other ships included (optional):
Type of story:
Other (optional):

But instead of just looking for someone to write the story for you, you'd be looking for someone to write it with you. Adding that kind of functionality on the shop would probably be the least complicated way to bring something like this about--and the least likely to get us into any RP/Game/Unwelcomed Interloper type situations. At least from how I'm understanding the idea.

And as for the separate thread v. author's cafe add-on thing for theme challenges, I'm still on the fence. I'm waiting to hear Encyclopika's thoughts on this.

Hmm, agreed. Two is okay, and three is borderline difficult to manage but any more than that is just pushing it. Yeah, I think what you said is correct. Instead of wasting a separate thread, the same old thread can serve the purpose. Anyway thanks for considering the idea :)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Here's the Tarot Challenge. Would love to see two different sets where it's taken literally by the name, and then by the meaning of the cards

[SPOIL]
Tarot CHallenge:
0. The Fool
I. The Magician
II. The High Priestess
III. The Emperor
IV. The Empress
V. The Hierophant
VI. The Lovers
VII. The Chariot
VIII. Justice
IX. The Hermit
X. Wheel of Fortune
XI. The Strength
XII. The Hanged Man
XII. Death
XIV. Temperance
XV. The Devil
XVI. The Tower
XVII. The Star
XVII. The Moon
XIX. The Sun
XX. Judgement
XXI. The World[/SPOIL]

As soon as I saw that, I thought back to Escaflowne. I think there are a few more tarot cards, but I guess those are the cards chosen for the challenge, then? But anyhoo, is this our first challenge, or were you just throwing it out there so that way when it's approved of, this will be the first challenge?

So wait, is the challenge all about have a collaboration, or is that always an optional choice? Because I want to know if the rules Dracoflare posted goes for everything involved with the challenges.

To keep things civil, NC17/M-rated fics should never be allowed in this challenge.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or it should at least be looked at by the OP, judge... mod or whatever unless they trust the author(s) writing it. I'm not saying it should always be supervised, but like there should be some form of contract/agreement that if broken, the participants should be disqualified from that particular challenge, and numerous offenses results in them being banned from the challenges. Something like that.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
^ I think of the collab part as being a kind of separate thing that could possibly go in with the fic request shop (or, of course, be organized between people on their own). I was more thinking of solo challenges for this project as, I think, was Lost™. And I don't think we really need to worry about what's a "first" challenge or even if something's official or not. If you like the look of a theme challenge and you want to take a shot at it, go for it. The real prize is in inspiring yourself to write, so nobody needs my go ahead for that :p. Though I could possibly think of doing completion graphics for people who go the whole nine yards and finish these challenges. Pooooossssssssiiiiiiiibbbblllllly. Because I love you all :p

Liltwick

^ I think of the collab part as being a kind of separate thing that could possibly go in with the fic request shop (or, of course, be organized between people on their own). I was more thinking of solo challenges for this project as, I think, was Lost™. And I don't think we really need to worry about what's a "first" challenge or even if something's official or not. If you like the look of a theme challenge and you want to take a shot at it, go for it. The real prize is in inspiring yourself to write, so nobody needs my go away for that :p. Though I could possibly think of doing completion graphics for people who go the whole nine yards and finish these challenges. Pooooossssssssiiiiiiiibbbblllllly. Because I love you all :p

Pretty much this. I think Draco's rules really would fit better for his PASBL-esque collabs. (I love PASBL and I, but personally I feel like PASBL should stay just PASBL .-.).

@KP, There are 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana. Of course I'm not insane (Well, that's a lie) and decided to give everyone the more well known, easier major arcana. I was more throwing it out there for a good challenge to start with. Also, another suggestion that is more specific to certain people.

"Write a drabble for every ship you've named". Obviously, this will be really easy for some, and hard for others. (I'm like at, 80 or so o-o)...

That would be amazing Skiyomi (goo).

I was talking about my idea :p It's PASBL-esque, not PASBL. :(

80??? You wrote for 80 different ships?

I am trying something like that, but not drabbles but huge one shot fics. It's called "50 Shippings to Boot With". I am planning to write 50 different one shots for 50 different ships. The initiative was good and I wrote a 20000 worded Pokeshipping fic......but sadly, I didn't continue after that. I deserve a medal once I complete it.

Liltwick

I was talking about my idea :p It's PASBL-esque, not PASBL. :(

80??? You wrote for 80 different ships?

I am trying something like that, but not drabbles but huge one shot fics. It's called "50 Shippings to Boot With". I am planning to write 50 different one shots for 50 different ships. The initiative was good and I wrote a 20000 worded Pokeshipping fic......but sadly, I didn't continue after that. I deserve a medal once I complete it.

I know that. I'm just saying that the general -bah who am I kidding?

Nah, I'm going to write for like, 80 ships.

Yup, and most likely a hospital stay as well.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hey guys....I thought this thread was dead. :p But I'm glad it's come back to life.

I'm leaning very much into "separate thread" for the challenges, as it will give it a better chance at life, and therefore more people will see it. Also, that doesn't mean that thread can't be used to discuss more challenges, etc. The Author's Cafe can be a nice retreat from it. Speaking of which, I'd hate the Author's Cafe to become the Challenges Thread. This thread is so that authors can talk about anything fic related, and the two conversations would get jumbled. Not fun for someone who wanted to use the AC for advise.

The first post of this new thread would have the rules for the thread, which would probably be very little aside from the regular rules of the board and the forum. Then a few posts should be left aside (so legal double-posting) to accommodate a list of challenges set forth by the people who post their ideas in the thread. Perhaps the entire first page would be dedicated to challenge space.

These challenges sound like the "-shipping week" challenges people put forth for each other in celebration of the ship. For example, we just had Contestshipping Week a few weeks ago.

Yes, the point system. Basically based on the popularity of the ship, we give points to participants.

For example, this is the popularity chart:

1) Pearlshipping
2)Ikarishipping
3) Penguinshipping.

Those who take up Penguin get more points than Ikari or Pearlshippers. This is so that to encourage people to write rare shipping fics.
Oooooooo - I really LIKE this idea!!! We should expand on it in a general sense for the whole thread.

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
That sounds like a good way to organize it all and keep Author's Cafe open for other things. And once we pretty much know what we want to do with the thread, we can set it up pretty quickly and start the work of creating a lot of themes there instead of just doing it here and then making a thread after the fact.

I'd really like it if we could get some of the coupling threads in on this in some way. If we could have theme challenge lists for all the major pairings then we'd have something for writers who support a wide variety of ships to take on, in addition to having general ones for people who'd prefer to choose their ships all on their own and cover some of the less common ones.

The idea of a point system is interesting, and I like anything that encourages a variety of ship fics. I'm not really sure how it would work in practice, though... like, what do people get for their points, or is it just a leader-board thing? I'd been thinking of people getting their names written down in the thread if they manage to complete a whole challenge (and maybe a graphic with their name on it saying: "So-and-so Completed _____ Challenge!") but if we add a point system it could go beyond that.

I guess something to work out before this gets too far is exactly what rules the Challenge Thread should have that are different from the forum/subforum rules. Beyond the listing posts, do we want it to be just discussion/submission/creation of new challenges or shall we also include challenge-related talk like: "I'm having trouble thinking of a AdvanceShipping drabble I can write for ____ theme. Any ideas?" or should we keep that in the Author's Cafe (since that's an example of something someone might already ask here)? Any other considerations?

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Oooo, this place is rather active isn't it? xD

I couldn't catch up on all the detail so please forgive me for any mistakes I might say. I think a challenge tread is a great idea but isn't the shipping truth and dare tread a little similar this the idea or is that only me?

Also I think the point system is good on paper but actually doing it could get confusing. Like what will people get out of the points? Maybe we could just publish the finished work on the first post or something could be rewarding enough. Maybe make a banner for the first person to complete a set/list of challenges and then when that's all done we could make a new list to keep this fresh and new. And then maybe when the shipping oscars come around maybe we could make an award for the most challenges done.

I think we should leave the cafe to talk about fanfiction and a place to ask help and make the challenges in a tread of its own. The less confusion the better. :D

Last edited:

Liltwick

The Shippers Truth and Dare is completely different from the challenges thread. The challenges thread, once everything is ironed out, will be a list of challenges where people can do as they please, and also a place to discuss/create certain challenges. The ToD is if you're dared something, you have to do it even if you can't, but if you can't or got dared for something not fitting with your requirements, then you can talk to the person who dared you. Here, we will have challenges that you can pick out, and are not particularly forced to do.

For the points system, how will it work? Like Skiyomi said, will it just be a leader board, will there be rewards and prizes for it? Why should I care? Why do I want points? Bragging rights only can satisfy people so far, and while it will increase overall writing for rare to unknown ships, it doesn't mean anything else besides that. Sure, points are fun and all, but I'm asking why should I care and why should I participate? Considering the activity levels in this forum section, even with the system I have a feeling it will get inactive pretty fast.

Now, overall for the challenge thread (which I want to call dibs on since originally it was sort of my idea...), I feel like the discussion of help on challenges should most likely go into the Author's cafe, since the cafe is created for authors to get help on their writing. Talk of creation of challenges should be allowed, since it will hlep create activity in the thread, and we should have a some sort of voting process like in a CCAT or be like the shipping submissions thread and we submit parts to the challenge, and a select group will approve them or not. Honestly I'm leading towards the latter since it really would help make the community a lot more active. Other things would be discussing challenges. Like how one feels about challenges or questions on the specific challenge, well, besides writing help. Also, submissions of challenges that either I or a mod should approve. It would overall help increase activity and will allow the community to graze over challenges to spark their interests.

Involvement with the major shipping threads would also be a good addition for this thread, since it would allow for most of the shippers here to be able to actively participate in the thread without bashing each other or having an awkward feeling to it. Also, it would overall help with the growth of the thread as well. Same with Skiyomi's suggestion of making graphics for those who complete it. If she does decide to work on them, I would like to suggest different sizes varying on the challenge's size (Like a small for my tarot challenge, and something grand for a 365 challenge).

Overall, I feel like the best coarse of action is to iron out what exactly would be in the thread. With knowledge of that everything should be smooth sailing from here. Lost™ over and out.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Alrighty, I possibly-maybe have enough of my brain left to come here and nudge at this with my conversation-cattle-prod (patent pending).

Lost™ and I have been talking about format and types of challenges for this thread. And basically what we've come up with is that we want to have sections for 1. General Shipping, 2. Shipping-Specific 3. Non-Pokemon challenges and then a section for organizing the folks who have completed challenges and all the honor and glory they will receive there. There'll of course be a rules/intro thread first off explaining that discussion in the thread is for the creation of challenges (while "I need help with writing for this theme" questions are better left to the Author's Cafe), restrictions, and explanation of the idea of the thread.

That's where types of themes come in. I'm sure people could come up with more creative ideas, but as a baseline Lost™ and I have pretty much been talking about list challenges of 3 types:

Theme-based Challenge:

Name of Challenge: Wishful Thinking
Description of Challenge: A list of themes to write on related to WishfulShipping.
Type of Writing: Oneshots
Is this challenge timed?: No
Does the order I do these challenges in matter?: No

1. Organic
2. Opposites Attract
3. Faith
4. Dragon's Den
5. Connoisseur

etc...

Shipping-based Challenge:

Name of Challenge: The Dawn of a New Day
Description of Challenge: Write for all of these major Dawn/Hikari ships.
Type of Writing: Drabbles

1. PearlShipping (Ash/Dawn)
2. TwinleafShipping (Barry/Dawn)
3. AppealShipping (Dawn/Zoey)
4. IkariShipping (Paul/Dawn)
5. PenguinShipping (Kenny/Dawn)

etc...

Direction-based challenges

Name of Challenge: Tell Me a Story Where...
Description of Challenge: Follow the directions for each numbered item in a seperate oneshot or drabble. This can be applied to the ship(s) of your choice.
Type of Writing: Oneshots/Drabbles

1. Use the word "killjoy" somewhere in the first paragraph.
2. Brock must appear in the story, but have no lines.
3. Must take place 10 years in the future from the anime.
4. A jellybean must be instrumental to the plot
5. The words "supernatural," "cardboard," and "favorite" must appear somewhere in the story.

etc.

Note that the examples I have here are rushed and shortened. Now, we could possibly expand in the future, but these kinds of challenges seem like a good place to start.

Now, we already have a couple of theme challenges that we can post up when the thread starts up (Lost's Tarot challenge, 50 PokeShipping themes and the Nights of Summer Slayers challenge I've been doing that I'll add at the end of this post). That means we should probably have a couple of shipping and direction-based challenges to give people a good idea of what kind of challenges we're looking for. So if you know of any / want to come up with some, this would be a great time to do it! Because it would be great if we could start the thread with a handful of challenges to get people going if they want to write and also if they want to come up with some to add.

Since we have theme challenges for all three of our larger categories (General Shipping, Shipping-specific, and Non-Pokemon), it would be nice if we had at least 2 list-of-ships challenges (1 for Shipping-specific and 1 for Non-Pokemon, ideally) and 3 direction-based challenges (1 for General Shipping, 1 Shipping-specific and 1 Non-Pokemon).

My apologies if I'm unclear or rushed or forgot something. I just wanted to lay out what we need right now to move forward with the idea.

Oh. And here's the Nights of Summer theme challenge for Slayers for the pair of Xellos/Filia. It was originally made up by me and another member at a site called Beloved Enemy:

1. Mask
2. Riddle/Puzzle
3. Masquerade Ball
4. Moonlight
5. Lost and Found
6. Rivalry
7. Excuses
8. Annoyance
9. Out of Time
10. Tempest
11. Cold Embrace
12. Pretext
13. Flower Garden
14. Dusk
15. Game
16. Alone in a Crowd
17. Left Behind
18. If Looks could kill…
19. Nightmares
20. Burn
21. War
22. Wolves and Their Prey
23. Old Habits
24. Clipped Wings
25. Over and Over Again
26. Blended
27. Tone of Voice
28. Baby steps
29. No one has to know
30. Apron
31. Go away
32. No pain, no gain
33. Sweet Tooth
34. Rumor
35. All’s fair in love and war
36. An invasion of privacy
37. Terms and Conditions
38. Herbal Remedy
39. Stop, Look, & Listen
40. Childish
41. Impressive
42. Just because you can do it doesn’t mean you should
43. Unspoken
44. Rearrange
45. The past
46. Gemstones
47. Modesty
48. You want me to wear *what*?!
49. Autumn Festival
50. Jar Repair
51. Kidnapping
52. Guarding
53. Until the spell wears off…
54. Continuing Education
55. Good Deeds
56. Not Human
57. Exorcism
58. Changing Perspectives
59. I have style: you don’t
60. How to Impress a Woman
61. Mixed Emotions
62. Pitch Black
63. I’m a poet and I didn’t even know it
64. Deconstruction
65. Unoriginal Sin
66. Amusement Park
67. Distraction
68. Shy
69. Prophecy
70. Tea Leaves
71. Gravity
72. First Kiss
73. Sense of Direction
74. Dangerous
75. Totally Smashed
76. Imaginary Conversation
77. The Man of my Nightmares
78. Guilty
79. Chaos: Creator and Destroyer
80. Unbalanced
81. The Last One
82. Control
83. Moral Code
84. Vacation
85. Stalking
86. My fancy way of saying hello
87. Unintentional Sexual Harassment
88. No sense of occasion
89. You are answerable for your fantasies
90. Everything dies
91. Hatred and Loathing
92. Hostage Situation
93. Dwelling on it
94. Seeing you cry
95. Everyone needs a hobby
96. Heartbroken
97. Backhanded Compliment
98. Family
99. Guest room
100. Damsel in Distress

EDIT: Well, I've thought up some more challenges:

Johto-Kanto Connection-

An 80-item challenge to write for all the Kanto Gym Leader/Johto Gym Leader pairings.

1. InheritShipping (Brock/Falkner)
2. PrideShipping (Falkner/Misty)
3. TaikoShipping (Falkner/Lt. Surge)
4. HummingbirdShipping (Falkner/Erika)
5. NipponShipping (Falkner/Koga)
6. FatherlyShipping (Falkner/Janine)
7. WindchimeShipping (Falkner/Sabrina)
8. SiroccoShipping (Blaine/Falkner)
9. RaptorShipping (Falkner/Giovanni)
10. BrazenShipping (Blue/Falkner)
11. RolyPolyShipping (Brock/Bugsy)
12. PhobiaShipping (Bugsy/Misty)
13. GlowwormShipping (Bugsy/Lt. Surge)
14. MunchShipping (Bugsy/Erika)
15. HypnosisShipping (Bugsy/Koga)
16. InjectionShipping (Bugsy/Janine)
17. AdvantageShipping (Bugsy/Sabrina)
18. FirebugShipping (Blaine/Bugsy)
19. Glareshipping (Bugsy/Giovanni)
20. ApaturaShipping (Blue/Bugsy)
21. HeadBashShipping (Brock/Whitney)
22. WhiteWaterShipping (Misty/Whitney)
23. ForecastShipping (Lt. Surge/Whitney)
24. PinkFlowerShipping (Erika/Whitney)
25. StunSporeShipping (Koga/Whitney)
26. SmokeBallShipping (Janine/Whitney)
27. DoorwayShipping (Sabrina/Whitney)
28. TemperatureTantrumShipping (Blaine/Whitney)
29. BonaShipping (Giovanni/Whitney)
30. PeppermintSchnappsShipping (Blue/Whitney)
31. FeignShipping (Brock/Morty)
32. SpiritOfWaterShipping (Morty/Misty)
33. ShackleShipping (Lt. Surge/Morty)
34. DeadPlantShipping (Morty/Erika)
35. CycloneRangerShipping (Koga/Morty)
36. MoorShipping (Morty/Janine)
37. SoulShipping (Morty/Sabrina)
38. HinkypunkShipping (Blaine/Morty)
39. FataMorganaShipping (Giovanni/Morty)
40. AobozuShipping (Blue/Morty)
41. ToughShipping (Brock/Chuck)
42. BeLikeWaterShipping (Chuck/Misty)
43. BasicTrainingShipping (Chuck/Lt. Surge)
44. KartoffelShipping (Chuck/Erika)
45. NunchakuShipping (Chuck/Koga)
46. IntentShipping (Chuck/Janine)
47. FightingDojoShipping (Chuck/Sabrina)
48. BikramYogaShipping (Blaine/Chuck)
49. HiredMuscleShipping (Chuck/Giovanni)
50. StrongerShipping (Blue/Chuck)
51. MineralShipping (Brock/Jasmine)
52. RustyShipping (Jasmine/Misty)
53. CultureShockShipping (Lt. Surge/Jasmine)
54. IkebanaShipping (Erika/Jasmine)
55. ChariotShipping (Koga/Jasmine)
56. JaneShipping (Janine/Jasmine)
57. SilenceShipping (Jasmine/Sabrina)
58. HephaestusShipping (Blaine/Jasmine)
59. GuillotineShipping (Giovanni/Jasmine)
60. SteelEarthShipping (Blue/Jasmine)
61. PrecipiceShipping (Brock/Pryce)
62. WillowHazeShipping (Pryce/Misty)
63. OldSoldierShipping (Lt. Surge/Pryce)
64. ViburnumShipping (Pryce/Erika)
65. HarshnessShipping (Koga/Pryce)
66. ScarfTradeShipping (Pryce/Janine)
67. GlacialShadowsShipping (Pryce/Sabrina)
68. SnappyStaffShipping (Blaine/Pryce)
69. AcrimonyShipping (Giovanni/Pryce)
70. PolynyaShipping (Blue/Pryce)
71. BalaurShipping (Brock/Clair)
72. WaterDragonTrainerShipping (Clair/Misty)
73. WingSabreShipping (Lt. Surge/Clair)
74. BambooShipping (Clair/Erika)
75. TruganiniShipping (Koga/Clair)
76. BasiliskShipping (Clair/Janine)
77. TehanuShipping (Clair/Sabrina)
78. SmaugShipping (Blaine/Clair)
79. SpartoiShipping (Giovanni/Clair)
80. EarthDragonShipping (Blue/Clair)

Johto Gym Leaders Pairing Challenge-

A 28-item challenge to write for all the Johto Gym Leader/Johto Gym Leader Pairs.

1. EarlyShipping (Bugsy/Falkner)
2. RollingWindShipping (Falkner/Whitney)
3. HonorShipping (Falkner/Morty)
4. GaleShipping (Chuck/Falkner)
5. SteelwingShipping (Falkner/Jasmine)
6. FlurryShipping (Falkner/Pryce)
7. WingShipping (Falkner/Clair)
8. PlainHiveShipping (Bugsy/Whitney)
9. ShedinjaShipping (Bugsy/Morty)
10. StagShipping (Bugsy/Chuck)
11. InTheDarkShipping (Bugsy/Jasmine)
12. StickShipping (Bugsy/Pryce)
13. RisingHiveShipping (Bugsy/Clair)
14. ResistanceShipping (Morty/Whitney)
15. AthleticShipping (Chuck/Whitney)
16. MiakaneShipping (Jasmine/Whitney)
17. SnowfieldShipping (Pryce/Whitney)
18. NerveShipping (Clair/Whitney)
19. HarboringShipping (Chuck/Morty)
20. SpiritShipping (Morty/Jasmine)
21. TranquilShipping (Morty/Pryce)
22. HopeShipping (Morty/Clair)
23. CoastShipping (Chuck/Jasmine)
24. WaterfallShipping (Chuck/Pryce)
25. TipTheScaleShipping (Chuck/Clair)
26. ChippedShipping (Pryce/Jasmine)
27. SteelLairShipping (Clair/Jasmine)
28. HivernShipping (Pryce/Clair)

ContestShipping Random Noun Challenge-

A challenge to write 25 ContestShipping drabbles/oneshots using a randomly generated noun in the specified place in the story.

1. Include the word “grain” somewhere in the story.
2. Include the word “linen” somewhere in the story.
3. Include the word “week” outside of dialogue.
4. Include the word “attraction” in the first paragraph.
5. Include the word “payment” outside of dialogue.
6. Include the word “fight” in Drew’s dialogue.
7. Include the word “voice” in May’s dialogue.
8. Include the word “seat” in the first paragraph.
9. Include the word “rate” somewhere in the story.
10. Include the word “distance” in May’s dialogue.
11. Include the word “porter” somewhere in the story.
12. Include the word “lead” somewhere in the story.
13. Include the word “surprise” in the last paragraph.
14. Include the word “place” in May’s dialogue.
15. Include the word “business” somewhere in the story.
16. Include the word “ice” in Drew’s dialogue.
17. Include the word “memory” somewhere in the story.
18. Include the word “daughter” in May’s dialogue.
19. Include the word “color” in Drew’s dialogue.
20. Include the word “detail” in the first paragraph.
21. Include the word “account” in May’s dialogue.
22. Include the word “tendency” in Drew’s dialogue.
23. Include the word “instrument” in the last paragraph.
24. Include the word “industry” in Drew’s dialogue.
25. Include the word “water” in the last paragraph.

Harry Potter Fandom Bicycle Top Ten-

Write a oneshot for each of these Harry Potter pairings (which earned their place by having the most non-mature-rated romance fics for them on fanfiction.net).

1. Harry/Draco
2. Harry/Hermione
3. Harry/Ginny
4. Harry/Snape
5. Harry/Ron
6. Harry/Luna
7. Harry/Voldemort
8. Harry/Sirius
9. Harry/Cho
10. Harry/Pansy

Last edited:
I hope posting here won't be a problem, it's a sticky so it shouldn't. Anyways, I see the challenge hasn't gotten a lot of activity... I'm also not going to do it, sorry... Anyways, I'd like to pump some activity in this thread by asking a topic question.

What do you prefer, characters showing slight hints and confessing/getting together or not at the end of the fic, or two characters actually being a couple throughout the fic?

I think both have their charms. It can be nice to see characters showing hints and slowly coming closer to a confession. However, I also think it can be nice to see how things work out once characters are actually a couple. After all, isn't that one of the reasons to ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.