• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shipping confessional 2.0; Repent, sinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I've had several large gins, now it's time to confess my sins!

Sometimes I get terribly lonely when I think about the fact that my shipping characters aren't real.

I hear ya, bro. (Bra?) I've been hit with those feelings now and again.

Which brings me to another strange confession.

+ I have little "worlds" for the characters in my ships, worlds which exist in my own head. I decide how they interact, what activities they do, how they think, etc. This also translates into my writing.

Then I see other people's "worlds" for the same pairs that I have, and since they're not my own version, I wonder why they aren't thinking like me. I don't like their worlds. I like mine. However, if their world is exceptionally well-done, I'll like it. I also despise people who share my same "worldview", because I feel a sense of ownership over it.

... Yeah, I'm a strange child.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I've had several large gins, now it's time to confess my sins!

I hear ya, bro. (Bra?) I've been hit with those feelings now and again.

Which brings me to another strange confession.

+ I have little "worlds" for the characters in my ships, worlds which exist in my own head. I decide how they interact, what activities they do, how they think, etc. This also translates into my writing.

Then I see other people's "worlds" for the same pairs that I have, and since they're not my own version, I wonder why they aren't thinking like me. I don't like their worlds. I like mine. However, if their world is exceptionally well-done, I'll like it. I also despise people who share my same "worldview", because I feel a sense of ownership over it.

... Yeah, I'm a strange child.

Well, I'm more of a sister, but whatever. It's good to hear from someone who feels the same way.

Heh, I think everyone has her own version of what she ships. How could we not, we all have different experiences and preferences. That translates into our fantasies.

I've sinned. lots of tiiimes

- I was a rabid Pokeshipper who bashed everything that moved and acted like a n00b. (now I'm a multishipper and I love almost everything XD)
- I ship myself with anime characters and I give the ships names.
- Yaoi makes me fangirl like crazy, I've written about 1000 pervy fics in my diary, I've read 'interesting' fanfics and I draw yaoi stuff.
- I'm a sucker for canon stuff.
- I'm currently so nuts over a non pokemon pairing to the degree that I feel like going back to my old ways and acting like an idiot when people bash it. I have to try realllly hard not too.... I'm not telling you what it is, but if you know me you can guess ~its caaaanon
- I think about shippy stuff in math class XD

I feel stupid. really stupid.

Last edited:

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
God, I wanna confess. I've sinned D:

-I hated Drew soo much in the past that I have bashed him in front of my friends but now I adore him like there's no tomorrow XD
-I've ever had a dream about ships I support, such as contestshipping
-I never saw any points in Yaoi or boyxboy pairings and I hated yaoi so much. But now I learnt how to respect ships
-I dunno this is considered a sin or not, but when first i heard about shipping, i thought it was "sending goods to our home when we bought a thing over the net" stupid me. XD
-Seriously, i don't think crack or crossover ships is even possible.
-I resented Dawn ever since DP eps started. It was because i thought she kicked May out! XP but luckily, now I like her.

Maybe that's all, i'll post more if i remember any.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Saving my thread from the hell that is the 3rd page. So there.

- I tend to read any kind of Pokeshipping fic imaginable - Horribly OOC, Alt. Universe, genderbent, smut that would make Backdoor ***** IX American Pie look clean, you name it. I just have that tendency to read it, even when looking at the summary, I can tell it will be god awful. I can't do the same with Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping fics though.

- I look up shipping smut. I don't need to go any further.

- I make it a hobby of mine to observe MSN chats and see anything that can be related to shipping, just to rile others up. KirbyPuff, Cyn X Nata X Stanley, Wil X Drew. They should know what I'm talking about. ;)

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.

-I vowed to finish my short Zelgadis/Amelia fanfic by the end of summer. School just started yesterday. I’ve decided to redefine success and claim I meant the meteorological summer.

-I’ve hemmed and hawed all I can, but I now fully support Artemis Fowl x Holly Short. A 14 year old boy and an elf in her 80s.

-I’ve “corrected” a screenshot of the Slayers Try marriage shrine episode to show Amelia and Zelgadis arm in arm.

-In Yu Yu Hakusho, I’m more passionately anti-certain ships than I am pro-any ships.

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
- I was a rabid Pokeshipper who bashed everything that moved and acted like a n00b. (now I'm a multishipper and I love almost everything XD)
- I ship myself with anime characters and I give the ships names.
- Yaoi makes me fangirl like crazy, I've written about 1000 pervy fics in my diary, I've read 'interesting' fanfics and I draw yaoi stuff.
- I'm a sucker for canon stuff.
- I'm currently so nuts over a non pokemon pairing to the degree that I feel like going back to my old ways and acting like an idiot when people bash it. I have to try realllly hard not too.... I'm not telling you what it is, but if you know me you can guess ~its caaaanon
- I think about shippy stuff in math class XD
hahaha I'm STILL a rabid Pokeshipper that has to hold herself off from bashing Pearl and Advanced :x. About the math, same here! I pokeship in my head during Finite Math !! haha i know how you feel

some confessions before I start my Hiragana homework!
- I said I'd write the next chapter of my Hero fic two weeks ago and I'm still not done with the battle! :x sorry, i just hate writing battles but I don't want them to be short either. I really wish I could just skip to the Pokeshipping scenes.
- I dreamt I flew to Japan and boycotted the Pokemon writers for not adding Misty in yet. Then I won and Misty kissed Ash :)
- I STILL have to force myself not to lose my temper at Advanced and pearlshippers :x

Last edited:

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Yeah, I've sinned many times and here's several reasons:

- I've been posting rapidly about my shippings and making off-topic messages for no reason
- Most of my shippings are creepy and bring more obsession
- I've been only making young/middle-aged shippings since August 08.
- I don't respect anyone opinion by criticizing my shippings, instead, I bash them
- And I've done the most brutal sinful thing bring making up this message:
Quote:
Age doesn't matter, and I wouldn't mind seeing a young person (6-39) and a middle-aged person (40-64) make out with each other.
Mostly, people are taking way to serious with my shippings, mainly because of my favorites shippings are creepy, and I don't care what their opinions are.
All shippings in any show are made legally (excluding Drawn Together) and supporting young/middle-aged couples.
Phoebe (18)/Glacia (40) forever.
Dahlia (25)/Argenta (45) forever.
Maylene (11-15)/Fantina (50) forever.

If I'm willing to defend my shippings (especially the Maylene/Fantina shipping), I'm willing to do so, and I've already confess my sins, so it really doesn't matter what shipping I'm making. :)

Mooites

-I never thought I'd read a slash fic, let alone a yaoi one
-I tried yuri once, and hated it, yet yaoi's the hottest thing out there XD
-I shipped Hikaru/Kaoru twincest for a while (not a Pokemon ship, I know)
-I find the yaoi rape ships really hot >///<

Theres more, I just know it...

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Here's another of my personal shipping sins: not doing anything for Blackjack nor Cyn's kink meme. It's because I've been so addicted to the Phoenix Wright kink meme. I look thouhg others but only write and request for the Phoenix Wright one. I need to fill in some pokemon prompts, I haven't written anything for pokemon ships in a while.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Pfffft hahahaha. You should do it! Mine needs people to write for it! Although lately there's been some nice ones. There was a cute Originshippy one a few days ago.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I HAVE SINNED RECENTLY T-T!!
*I keep almost bashing May or Dawn without meaning to! :( I love the girls, it just annoys me that its seems like they're holding back Miiistyyyy <3333
*I NEEEEEED Pokeshipping to happen, its so obvious it hurts.
*my life slowly revolves around Pokeshipping sometimes that I have to take a breather!!
*I love Pokeshipping too much
*I can't multiship and I don't understand the act of multishipping--SHIP ONE THING AND THATS IT DONT BE A PEARLSHIPPER AND A POKESHIPPER!! Just pick a ship that has a threesome or something :p
*I NEEEED ASH WITH MISTY, ITS JUST SOO PERFECT
*breathes*
dunno...

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
I regret nothing!!!!!!

~ During the advanced generation, i pretty much hated all ships except with May and Drew. I bashed them alot.

~ Now im not a big fan of pearlshipping but i hate it.No offense but I hate pearlshipping.

~ I used to flag pearlshipping videos on youtube a LONG time ago

~ For some reason, i thought that Misty parings and parings of people in the Original Generation are out of date and stupid.

~ I kinda bash on dawn sometimes when im watching the show saying "Its about damn time" or something. I mean Dawn is my favorite right now but for some reason, the parings are that much harder in D/P. I regret this.
I STILL REGRET NOTHI ---- *dead*

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
~ I used to flag pearlshipping videos on youtube a LONG time ago
OMG! METOO! hahahahaha XD I feel like such a hater.

Something I have to admit.
*sigh*
today I went on the Pearlshipping discussion thread and just criticized every post to myself. I feel like I'm talking to the wall. lol. I was just frustrated because I saw a lot of posts said "dawn as more of a connection to ash than misty or may" and that made me really angry because you CANT compare misty to may :eek:. May is a little starter girl that needs help in contests and Misty is an independent girl that liked Ash and was his first best friend ever (Brock of course also but... its different). Misty and Ash had a really good connection and were able to carry on on the show together for three seasons, MUCH longer than any other girl. You can't say they weren't close, its absolutely brain melting to even think that.
*sigh*
I can't believe I just admitted that.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Repentence and junk~

-I’ve lately been neglecting my OTP Zelgadis/Amelia in favor of Xellos/Filia (which I also love). This’ll probably balance out soon since I’ve finished rewatching Slayers Try (which is the only season Filia's in) and Zel/Amelia will be back as priority number one. Probably.

-I still haven’t finished my Zel/Amelia fic “Down to the Brass Rackets” even though I literally just have one more part to write. This week maybe? *crosses fingers*

-I’d never support Lina/Zelgadis EVER. But if it wasn’t so popular among the fans I probably wouldn’t hate it as much.

-I’d probably hate Gourry/Amelia more than Lina/Zelgadis if it was popular.

-I refuse to ship Kurama with anyone except me, yet am secretly pleased when background female Yu Yu Hakusho characters find him attractive.

-To me, shipping Pokemon/Pokemon is like shipping cat/dog. It’s not like I don’t like cats, dogs, or Pokemon. I just can’t imagine caring about shipping them. Especially not in a writing context.

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
-To me, shipping Pokemon/Pokemon is like shipping cat/dog. It’s not like I don’t like cats, dogs, or Pokemon. I just can’t imagine caring about shipping them. Especially not in a writing context.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA agreed. I just couldn't figure out how to word it.

~I would never ship animals so I would never ship Pokemon.

The end :) (until I bash an anti-Pokeshipping ship again in the next few days lool)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Here's another of my personal shipping sins: not doing anything for Blackjack nor Cyn's kink meme.

I'm with you on this one, Chloe. But not because I'm into PW kink, but simply because it's very difficult for me to find appeal in someone else's kinks.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff out there that's well-written, but if I can't relate it to my own view on the pairing, I simply can't find any enjoyment in it.

Another sin I'd like to repent (on a similar note) is participating in any sort of fandom/pairing activity. I've only partook in two fanfiction challenges - both were different fandoms and many years apart. I'd like to participate in more, but I hate forcing myself to write before a deadline. It feels like whatever I submit isn't as well-written as I'd like, and that people can tell it was a rushed job lacking in creativity. It makes me feel self-conscious =\

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Oh the guilt...

-I don’t tend to multiship in most fandoms, yet in my own large cast series that I co-write I’ll pair up a lot of people with a lot of different characters.

-For some reason, when I write male/male I never feel like it comes across as well as male/female.

-The only reason I didn’t write horrible self-insertion fics pairing up myself with Kurama during my misspent youth was that I was too damn lazy.

-I have, however, mentally written myself into the series in a role that pairs up with him.

-I didn’t even get so far in Pokemon as to watch the episode where Misty left, but once I heard she was gone it didn’t seem worth it to watch Pokemon. I’ve only now decided to get over my resentment and try to catch up.

granbull guy

Vasoline
-In my fic I multiship (Gets shot) But I love my ships Pokeshipping and Contest will come through in the end
-I wrote a chapter of my Shipping Fic in Social Studies, it was weird cause the coach saw me :p

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Oh can you now? Hahahaha.

Well, it's all anon, and it needs more people anyway. At least you weren't scared off by that spanking-and-enema troll it got. I deleted all his comments. (I'm sad though. Someone said that troll ruined PoundingHeartshipping for them, and that's a shame).

Well, I've lurked a lot in this fandom. A lot more than I probably should have. :|

There are actually several half-finished fics, prompted from the meme, that I can't bring myself to finish and post and so left to gather dust in my hard drive. I just don't think my writing's any good. D:

Another confession: I've blacklisted songs in my house, for no reason apparent to anyone else, even when everybody else liked said songs, because they sounded to me like anti-shipping songs-- songs that matched up with how I feared the ship would end or be written out totally in a bad way. I'd get up and switch radio stations just to avoid listening to those OMG DEPRESSING ;___; songs. Kinda funny in retrospect. Almost as bad, though, was the list of songs I was keeping (printing lyrics out and saving them in a neat little folder and everything DDD: ), which were a shameful collection to say the least. I have no idea what I was thinking to make me associate the songs I did with my ship. (I would give an example but I deleted all electronic remnants of that period and blocked the memory, too. Not worth holding on to. :X)

Oh, and the sock thing. Seriously, I don't know if I'll ever break that habit. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.