• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shipping Names Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
So How do we Decide the Shipping names for say:
Pikachu X Mimikyu
Professor Kukui X Professor Juniper
Hau X Lilly
Male Sun & Moon Protagonist X Female Sun & Moon Protagonist
Female Sun & Moon Protagonist X Hau
Male Sun & Moon Protagonist X Lilly

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
So How do we Decide the Shipping names for say:
Pikachu X Mimikyu
Professor Kukui X Professor Juniper
Hau X Lilly
Male Sun & Moon Protagonist X Female Sun & Moon Protagonist
Female Sun & Moon Protagonist X Hau
Male Sun & Moon Protagonist X Lilly

Generally speaking, there is a thread for submissions, " 'What's This Ship Called?' ver. 3 point 5". It has its own form for names, though I don't think I've seen it used for major shippings like those. I remember that AmourShipping had a poll between a few different prospective names, but I'm not sure if that is the normal convention.

dittomaster

I don't know if anyone will be able to answer these since they're pretty minor ships but why is Brock/Duplica called Fantasyshipping? I heard the shipping names are supposed to be named something that both characters have in common.

Oh and P.S. in that case I think a crack ship like Drew & Duplica should be called GreenHairedShipping, lol, which just came to my mind. Not "CopyWallShipping" (uh...what?) that I found on bulbagarden.

Manqoba

Shipping List Manager
I don't know if anyone will be able to answer these since they're pretty minor ships but why is Brock/Duplica called Fantasyshipping? I heard the shipping names are supposed to be named something that both characters have in common.

Oh and P.S. in that case I think a crack ship like Drew & Duplica should be called GreenHairedShipping, lol, which just came to my mind. Not "CopyWallShipping" (uh...what?) that I found on bulbagarden.

I really want to say that FantasyShipping is a reference to sexual or pedophilic fantasies, considering Duplica's age and Brock's characterization. Copy in CopyWallShipping is likely a reference to Duplica, considering she is an impressionist and owns a Ditto. I have no idea at all where the Wall came from, maybe someone else could better explain it. Regarding your suggestion, GreenHairShipping already refers to Aaron (elite) & Drew, though I have no idea when it was named. It's likely that even if GreenHairedShipping was suggested for Drew & Duplica, it would have been deemed much too similar.

Last edited:
The answer is actually more literal than you might expect. "Mahina" means "moon" in Hawaiian.

That's pretty cool! Also, now it finally makes sense why Lunala's textbox says "Mahina pea!"

By the way, does anyone know why IronWillShipping is named like that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.