• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shipping Names Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Anyhoo/who, why I really posted is why is Ash/Aoi (Angie), Morpheusshipping? Like, morphing or something?
Morpheus was given an overly complicated name for something so simple: Morpheus = Greek god of sleep; name given because they slept through class. But this was by the first episode of the Summer arc, I believe, so it was rather done too hastily.

Vulpixi_Misa

Starving Artist
I too would also like to know where Questshipping comes from. Though I assume it's because Kenta and Marina go on a quest through Jhoto...? Or something like that?

Anyways, some questions of my own

I'mNotScaredshipping [Brendan x Red(Fire)]
Hollowshipping [Takeshi/Brock x Shinji/Paul]

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Got it for Byron, NOT for Fantina. *PMs Bryony to explain that part ASAP*

Meh, I took a crack at it.

But wouldn't it be easier to post the correction here, so that I know where I went wrong? =\

Vycksta

Tadashi said:
Meh, I took a crack at it.

But wouldn't it be easier to post the correction here, so that I know where I went wrong? =\
No cause I don't know it. It's long and strange like the real reason behind Conjunctionshipping's name. Bryony told me once but I forgot cause frankly, oh noez I don't care about Marbleshipping. ;B

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
I'mNotScaredshipping [Brendan x Red(Fire)]
Hollowshipping [Takeshi/Brock x Shinji/Paul]
I'mNotScared was coined by a kid named Neil on the freewebs website guestbook in August, '08, with no explanation.

Hollowshipping was mine. My explanation isn't really all that profound: the word itself (and not at all what it means) seem to fit them aesthetically. This was also long before Paul even making eye-contact with Brock, so it could have also been a "hollow" attempt at something impossible.

There's also the makeshift definition that both are kind of "hollow inside", in a way. Paul's drives giving him little else to accomplish, and Brock's attempts at women lead nowhere.

Vycksta

Okay, Bryony is a lazy butt and has told me the reason via la phone. From Fantina's end it involved a crack roleplay she had in which she made Byron some marble cake. Yes, you read that right. The woman is just as batshit as me.

That's what all she said. She don't ship it much anymore so is all meh to it but will elaborate if people want.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Brock x Lucy = Luckshipping? What's the story on this one?
Lucy has the Luck Symbol, and there's the added yummy of Lu in Lucy and ck in Brock, making it a portmanteau.

Chelc

What about Novelshipping (Misty x Paul)? I tried to figure it out, but I can't, lol. Anyone know the story behind it?

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
What about Novelshipping (Misty x Paul)? I tried to figure it out, but I can't, lol. Anyone know the story behind it?
My fault, there, all mine. The reason behind it?

It...just seemed 'novel' at the time. After-the-fact is more like a bad romance novel plot, with lots of her resisting until finally succumbing to his fervent and possibly violent advances (because that's probably the /only/ way to get them together in real time).

Ho-ohRocks201

Beyond the Rainbow~
Why is Luckyshipping called it? Because Red was lucky to meet Blue/Green? o_O

Lugion

Vulpixel

Some ships that I really don't have a clue about:

DotingShipping- James X Mime Jr. (I think a large part of my not understanding has to do with the fact that I have no clue what the word "doting" means, or if it's even a real word...)

ExhallenShipping- Volkner X Luxray (The only thing I can guess for this is that it has smomething to do with "exhale" but that make absolutely no sense...)

BlueShipping- James X Meowth (I know what blue means, but for James and Meowth? Ship namers never cease to amaze me...)

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Some ships that I really don't have a clue about:

DotingShipping- James X Mime Jr. (I think a large part of my not understanding has to do with the fact that I have no clue what the word "doting" means, or if it's even a real word...)

ExhallenShipping- Volkner X Luxray (The only thing I can guess for this is that it has smomething to do with "exhale" but that make absolutely no sense...)

BlueShipping- James X Meowth (I know what blue means, but for James and Meowth? Ship namers never cease to amaze me...)

Doting is a real word; it means to fawn and fuss over something, especially something/someone cute, like a child or animal. Like a parent spoiling their kid, paying them a lot of attention, always making a big deal over them, they're said to be a 'doting' parent. Since that's more or less how James treats Manene, the name makes a lot of sense.

But I'm curious about Blueshipping, too. I never could figure that one out.

Vycksta

Vulpixel said:
Exhallen is a Luxray in my long dead fanfiction who Volkner took in one oh-so stormy night. Plus it was either Exhalennshipping or OneManandHisLionshipping, which IMS was considering.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Here's a suggestion I could make;

Wouldn't it be easier if, in the first post, there was a list of ship names that were already explained ?
It would avoid us recurring questions like IkariShipping, Luck(y)Shipping, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.