• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ShockingShipping- Our Souls bring light to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
So Welcome to this Forums new ShockingShipping thread. I know it is an Uncommon Shipping, but I'm sure I'm not the only supporter here. Mods, you can close this topic at anytime, you know. (Sorry for bad OP)

Rules~

1. All Serebii and Shipping Rules apply
2. Have fun, and enjoy here

FAQ

What is ShockingShipping?

it is the pairing and following that believes the Nimbasa Gym Leader Elesa and the Sunnyshore Gymleader Volkner is in a romantic relationship

Isn't this nevermet?

Actually, it isn't. The Pokemon World Tournament made sure any and all Gym Leaders and Champions fought each other in battle, and since it's Canon, any shippings there is now considered 'met'. Well, at least in my eyes that is.

I don't like this shipping, can I still post here and post my opinion?

Of course! Remember, make sure it isn't bashing this ship. (Which is hard to do) but anything productive and non-bashful is accepted. Unless it's fan.

I found some FanArt/FanFictions. Can I link them

OF COURSE! They will all be stored here.

I'm trying to convert my friend, can you guys help?

Well, no, sorry... We don't want anyone to force to like this shipping, but if you like it, you're welcome here!

I made some FanArt/Wrote a FanFic. Can I show you guys?

Sure, remember as long as it isn't advertising or breaks the rules, you can post/link it to us.

Fan-art~

Credit to Artists that made these wonderful works~

Members:
CandleReaper (Will become Lost Requiem)
Flame Mistress
Watericedragon
Ruby Moon
Saphhire Blue Eyes

If you are kind enough to make us a Banner, please do!

Alright, first topic!

For those of you who support this shipping, why do you support it?

Well for me, let's see. I love how Elesa's cheery personality fits Volkner's more melancholic attitude. That they both are eletric type trainers are also a great plus, and I feel that they can make each other work. Volkner can have Elesa slow down and breath for a while, and she can make him see the light in life again. I don't know much honestly, I just love it.

Attachments

• 4b5d9372005e11e282b422000a1e9572_6.jpg
    4b5d9372005e11e282b422000a1e9572_6.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have a bit of a liking for this ship, but I don't truly support it because...I only really like it for the surface appeal, honestly. /shallow/ Though I do really like your reasoning for supporting it. I never really gave much thought on how they'd interact, but this thread has helped me see more possibilities for the two in fanon.

Heck I might even draw a doodle or two for the ship some day, haha. :)

Liltwick

I have a bit of a liking for this ship, but I don't truly support it because...I only really like it for the surface appeal, honestly. /shallow/ Though I do really like your reasoning for supporting it. I never really gave much thought on how they'd interact, but this thread has helped me see more possibilities for the two in fanon.

Heck I might even draw a doodle or two for the ship some day, haha. :)

That's good to hear. I'm not here to convert anyone, but it's nice to hear that. I guess they do say this is an uncommon, but somehow working shipping

Flame Mistress

Hey, so I'm not the only ShockingShipper after all! =D I partly ship it for the visual appeal and the lulz, but inside my head there's a spider-web of ShockingShipping scenarios that portray Volkner and Elesa as childhood friends. XD

Liltwick

That's fantastic to know someone else here is~

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
To be honest, I felt like the only person in the world who supported this pairing. I'm glad I'm not though. *relieve*

Why do you support it?
I actually was reading an agencyshipping doujinshi, and the artist drew Volkner and Elesa in one small panel in the whole doujinshi. For some reason, I started shipping those two together. ^^' I kind of mostly like it because of how they look together as well. But their opposite personalities intrigue me and make me wonder how they might interact with one another. ^-^

@Flame Mistress: I can actually visualize that scenario in my head. x3

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
OMG, somebody made a thread of this. *uncontrollably sobbing* I'm glad I'm not alone!

So why do I ship them, you ask? I just do! (Rather shallow, I know) They're both Electric-type leaders and they have this badass vibe that I'm sensing from both of them

Hey, so I'm not the only ShockingShipper after all! =D I partly ship it for the visual appeal and the lulz, but inside my head there's a spider-web of ShockingShipping scenarios that portray Volkner and Elesa as childhood friends. XD

^ that is so my headcanon!

Liltwick

Yay! We have four people here, it's small, but hey!

My Headcannon for them is that they meet at an electric-type convention before they were made Gym Leaders, but only remember each other when they meat at PWT. (I was reading one fic were they were arranged to meet by Skyla and Flint, who were somehow cousins o_O)

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
My headcannon is that Volkner would come to Elesa's rescue whenever she got bullied when she was little and showed her how great electric-types were. Putting it simply, they were close childhood friends. :p

@CandleReaper: I read that fanfic before. I wish it would be updated though.

This pairing needs more love....

Liltwick

Yea, every ships Elesa as a Lesbian, heck, I even do that, but her and volknre seem to be made for each other.

Anyone have any FanArt?

Flame Mistress

Nope, no fanart I've found yet... =/

My headcanon is that Volkner and Elesa (and Flint, but anyway =p) were best friends as kids, then a talent agency spotted Elesa in a school play and whisked her off to Pokéstar Studios, where she became a famous child actress, and later on, a model. XD

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
I found the fan arts! *3*

RZXxo.jpg

Jt3Nu.png

Look at the mini-Flint. Lol =))

Try to look more of them here. Tumblr usually gives you the best solution :")

Liltwick

Yea, but you need to downlaod then upload them, but the Mini-Flint is so Adorable, he's like

"Volky, don't kiss her, kiss me instead!"

I'm not the only one! THANK YOU LORD! *died*

...I've always likea Elesa/Volkner. Elesa is pretty and Volkner...Volkner is just damn sexy.

lol mini Flint. He looks jelly xD

Liltwick

I can soo write a keep-away ship invlolving Shocking Shipping. Ha ha ha be doused flint XD

True. Flint would tease them and be all like,

"Elesa and Volkner sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"Shut up Flint!"

Make me Volky!"

"HEY! Only I call him Volky!"

"Not anymore :p"

AWWW! Volkner's holding a Pachirisu<3 ^~^

Status
Not open for further replies.