• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shocks & Bonds! (405)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Shocks & Bonds!

Further into the Hoenn League Finals, Ash is about to have one of his toughest battles. Another Double Battle against a Charizard and a Quilava...both Fire types while using Glalie & Grovyle giving Ash a clear Disadvantage. Will Ash manage to beat these hot fire Pokémon or will he end up burned?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
 

Alfonso

Derpgull
...If anybody here can properly translate Japanese, then someone at Pokeani has posted up info on this episode. :3
 

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
here's my attempt at a translation:

3 match preliminary tournament, partner Hyuuga doesn't experience any trouble taking down.

>Hyuuga
Yo, Yomaru-sama!? (smiley using kanji)
You forgot about a parody character from this anime.... (another smiley using kanji)
"Hohoemi no Kondakutaa" (Smile Conductor) is delicately differing from this preliminary announcement. (another kanji smiley)

>Onigohri
It didn't forget about the Shadow Division (Double Team) it used back as a Yukiwarashi, eh?
This time, it's a big use.

>Juptle
Thank god, it defeated Magmarashi, but Lizardon gives him an upside-down blow...
What happened back in Rune and a good, delicious place had another, magnificient Pokemon...

>Magmarashi
It's cute for an evolution. (smiley)
But it has a delicate voice (smiley)

>Kaede
(My attempts at translating the previous ones seem screwed up enough as it is, but this one I couldn't understand for the life of me. It would help if I learned what purpose 'ppoi' has in a sentence. So far, I'm getting something about "Something George shape" and "good man").

>fellow traveler
The anime used an eerie technique for the first time, but Muuma's good. Perish Song looks good and it's a nice technique to use.

>Bari-chan
Bari-chan has a cold, doesn't he? (laughs)

>next time
It seems....
Kaede is a formidable enemy, I suppose he'll be outside (laughs)

>Rocket Gang for this time
The league battles seem simple, eh.
But they're stuck forgetting their boxed lunches. (smiley)


god, I need more practice. Anyway, even though this translation seems majorly screwed up, we can manage to get some information from it, like the fact that Onigohri is using Double Team, Juptle defeats Magmarashi, and there's some new guy named Kaede. Could that perhaps be the person with Dugtrio, and Dugtrio's battle with Pikachu extends all the way into the next episode?

There appears to be no mention of Jukain, nor a Juptle evolution, on the whole page, with the exception of a post at the very bottom by "AG Daisuki Club" which I recall was there last week too. He was talking about how the previous week, people were talking about a Heigani evolution, and now there'll be talk about a Juptle evolution.
 
Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
...Okay...

This Kaede. I keep on hearing 'he' and 'I'm sure if Kaede is a boy or a girl'. o.o Very confusing... I mean, she kinda has eye-lashes, the trademark of a female character, but... I don't seen any chest from the picture I have. @.@

It'll be a kind of a bummer if Keade is a guy. The Houen League needs some kick-a*s females... Yuriko can't be the only one. ;o;

Yay for Venomoth, which Zak said he/she had! It's nice to see it in a battle... last time was belonging to that dude, Chaz from the Rustburo Contest. *nods*
 

JazzJazz

Well-Known Member
Alfonso said:
This Kaede. I keep on hearing 'he' and 'I'm sure if Kaede is a boy or a girl'. o.o Very confusing... I mean, she kinda has eye-lashes, the trademark of a female character, but... I don't seen any chest from the picture I have. @.@
It's been confirmed (by Zak), that this Kaede is indeed a female and she seems to give Ash a bit of trouble in their battle next week.
 

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Ok... seen the episode myself.

For a guy using Fire Pokemon, Hyuuga really doesn't take advantage of the type advantage till later.

Grovyle defeats Quilava.
Charizard defeats Grovyle.
Glalie defeats Charizard.

Then the episode goes to a battle in progress between Tetsuya and the Aggron trainer, with both down to one Pokemon. Tetsuya's Sceptile and Aggron, with Sceptile being victorious.

Then there's a montage of the gang doing stuff. Eating together. Training. Munchlax making a cameo going after some kids ice cream, with Max holding it back. Brock going gaga with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. With the current opening theme playing in the background.

Then it cuts to the finals. Get a scene of Delia taking care of a sick Mr. Mime while watching television. Then another scene of Misty, then a scene of Professor Oak and Tracey.

It's Ash vs. Kaede. Battle begins with Venomoth vs. Torkoal. Kaede withdraw Venomoth and calls out Golduck, which quickly defeats Torkoal. Ash puts in Pikachu and Kaede gets her Dugtrio. Pikachu is defeated, and Ash sends out Glalie. Glalie defeats Dugtrio and Kaede sends out Misdrevous. Both Pokemon KO each other.

Next weeks episode is obviously a continuation of this battle, with the climax being Grovyle vs. Walrein.
 

Chris

Old Coot
jolteonjak said:
Glalie looks bad in that pic. It needs to keep its mouth closed.
What'd you expect? It's a screenshot of it being smashed by Magumarashi. o_O It's wincing in pain.
 

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Next weeks episode is obviously a continuation of this battle, with the climax being Grovyle vs. Walrein.
Thats interesting so ash can use all of his Hoenn team now. Dang there goes my idea of the hoenn league being different since the finals started this episode.
 

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Golden Darkness said:
Ok... seen the episode myself.

For a guy using Fire Pokemon, Hyuuga really doesn't take advantage of the type advantage till later.

Grovyle defeats Quilava.
Charizard defeats Grovyle.
Glalie defeats Charizard.

Then the episode goes to a battle in progress between Tetsuya and the Aggron trainer, with both down to one Pokemon. Tetsuya's Sceptile and Aggron, with Sceptile being victorious.

Then there's a montage of the gang doing stuff. Eating together. Training. Munchlax making a cameo going after some kids ice cream, with Max holding it back. Brock going gaga with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. With the current opening theme playing in the background.

Then it cuts to the finals. Get a scene of Delia taking care of a sick Mr. Mime while watching television. Then another scene of Misty, then a scene of Professor Oak and Tracey.

It's Ash vs. Kaede. Battle begins with Venomoth vs. Torkoal. Kaede withdraw Venomoth and calls out Golduck, which quickly defeats Torkoal. Ash puts in Pikachu and Kaede gets her Dugtrio. Pikachu is defeated, and Ash sends out Glalie. Glalie defeats Dugtrio and Kaede sends out Misdrevous. Both Pokemon KO each other.

Next weeks episode is obviously a continuation of this battle, with the climax being Grovyle vs. Walrein.
Next weeks ep...is so intresting than..Grovyle gets to vs. Walerin again :D but in single battle style
 

V Faction

www.faction.com
Glalie vs. Misdreavus.... The perfect time to use a Bite/Crunch attack and I'm betting it didn't. Well hopefully, Mis pulled a Mean Look/Perish Song/Destiny Bond -ish combo on Glalie.
 

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yep, Muuma pulled off a destiny bond at the last minute as it was KO'ed by Onigohri. I believe that's the first time the move has been featured in the animé.

Pretty interesting episode I must say. The double battles were pretty cool, although I find it hard to believe that two fire types would lose to an ice type and a grass type... It was certainly nice to see Onigohri in action in his first real battle, and the way doube team was animated was nice- I think the last time it was shown as anything but a lot of copies surrounding the opponent was way back in "Fourth Round Rumble". Onigohri did pretty well for itself too- defeating Lizardon, Dugtrio, and Muuma is quite an achievement for a pokémon cought so recently.

Seeing Jukain in battle was also nice, but the battle itself wasn't too impressive really. And this is the first time we've seen a Dugtrio under the command of a trainer if I remember correctly.

So there we have it- lots of firsts for the animé and some pretty good battles. I'm now eagerly looking foreward to seeing the conclusion of Satoshi's battle with Kaede, she was giving him quite a bit of trouble in the part we've seen so far.
 
Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Heracross said:
Yep, Muuma pulled off a destiny bond at the last minute as it was KO'ed by Onigohri. I believe that's the first time the move has been featured in the animé.

Pretty interesting episode I must say. The double battles were pretty cool, although I find it hard to believe that two fire types would lose to an ice type and a grass type... It was certainly nice to see Onigohri in action in his first real battle, and the way doube team was animated was nice- I think the last time it was shown as anything but a lot of copies surrounding the opponent was way back in "Fourth Round Rumble". Onigohri did pretty well for itself too- defeating Lizardon, Dugtrio, and Muuma is quite an achievement for a pokémon cought so recently.

Seeing Jukain in battle was also nice, but the battle itself wasn't too impressive really. And this is the first time we've seen a Dugtrio under the command of a trainer if I remember correctly.

So there we have it- lots of firsts for the animé and some pretty good battles. I'm now eagerly looking foreward to seeing the conclusion of Satoshi's battle with Kaede, she was giving him quite a bit of trouble in the part we've seen so far.

yeah lets see how he gets out of this mess without using Pikachu, cause i'm glad it knocked out.
 

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Im also glad that pikachu lost, not that im a pikachu hater its just that im tired of seeing Pikachu knock out rock/ground type pokemon.

I've seen the episode but im a bit confused:

When sceptile is dodging all the metal claw attacks from Aagron why are its eyes glowing?

When Glalie is facing Dugtrio it stuns dugtrio by hitting its head in the ground or is it something else? (Almost certain its not earthquake)
 

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
hey, am I correct in assuming that Hyuuga's a parody character (based on my translation, as screwed up as it may be)? If so, would someone mind telling me what this Hohoemi no Conductor anime's about and how it relates to him?
 

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Flamez said:
When sceptile is dodging all the metal claw attacks from Aagron why are its eyes glowing?
Detect.

When Glalie is facing Dugtrio it stuns dugtrio by hitting its head in the ground or is it something else? (Almost certain its not earthquake)
Headbutt as a sort of pseudo-Earthquake.
 

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Saw the pics and I really like Glalie's use of Double Team, apparently made some ice barriers and seemed to be zipping through them b4 Headbutting Charizard. And I'm glad to see that Ash has not forgotten Glalie's other moves in this ep :p

Wow, when Charizard took out Grovyle it looked pretty mean lol

Questions:

1. What move did Sceptile defeat Aggron with? Was that Solar Beam?

2. And was the move Charizard was using indeed Heat Wave?

3. What exactly did Golduck use to KO Torkoal? Did it lift it w/ Psychic then use Hydro Pump then proceed to Slash it?
 

Geodude

Well-Known Member
Glalie made the ice barriers with Ice Beam to protect itself. Charizard sent Glalie bouncing around in them with Wing Attack, then Ash told Glalie to speed up, surprising his opponent. Glalie did, using the bouncing to his advantage and bewildering Charizard before Headbutting it for the KO.

1. Yes.

2. Think so, not sure.

3. It used Confusion to bring it out of its Iron Defense, then Hydro Pump to send it flying, then finished it off with Fury Swipes.
 
Top