• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shocks & Bonds! (405)

Alfonso

Derpgull
charizard trainer #1 said:
I wonder how Ash will defeat Kaebe (is that her name). It is obvious he's going to win (been said before). I reckon to stir things up she might have a ghost pokemon or a dark pokemon. Just have to wait and see...

Phantom Bugsy, Dark Ninja and Alfonso... you guys should apologise (well not so much Alfonso). You guys could get in trouble.

...Keade. ^^

Oh, and yes, I don't have to apologise. He attacked me and was a homophobic while doing so. I reacted in a normal way. Phantom_Bugsy, like myself, hates homophobes. 'Sides, we cover eachother's backs. :3 And neither of us care about 'getting into trouble'. This isn't a playground, and if we get banned in the end... LOL. There's always Bulbagarden for the time we're banned, or MSN. Or you know, Real Life. :p

D

DaRk_NiNjA

Alfonso said:
...Keade. ^^

Oh, and yes, I don't have to apologise. He attacked me and was a homophobic while doing so. I reacted in a normal way. Phantom_Bugsy, like myself, hates homophobes. 'Sides, we cover eachother's backs. :3 And neither of us care about 'getting into trouble'. This isn't a playground, and if we get banned in the end... LOL. There's always Bulbagarden for the time we're banned, or MSN. Or you know, Real Life. :p
For the Last Time I'M NOT HOMOPHOBE! I WAS KIDDING!

Alfonso

Derpgull
DaRk_NiNjA said:
For the Last Time I'M NOT HOMOPHOBE! I WAS KIDDING!

...In the future, don't joke. Jokes are funny. That was not. Things that like only exist to offend. (If you had said it to someone in real life, you seriously would have gotten a wrist shoved down your throat. No joke.)

Just a little advice.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
V Faction said:
Of all its defeats though, this certainly was the funniest! Golduck sent that thing flyin'!

You know, that looked almost identical to when Torkoal sent Lombre flying with a Overheat in the Mawille episode.

But, at least it wasn't a cheap win. A Hydro Pump certainly deserves to defeat a Fire pokemno easily, plus some Fury Swipes/

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kojiro said:
You know, that looked almost identical to when Torkoal sent Lombre flying with a Overheat in the Mawille episode.
You thought of that too, huh? One good flyin' deserves another.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
Alfonso said:

For some odd reason (hint of sarcasm) i knew you were going to say that.
Anyway i forgot to add this in my last post; Kaede is pretty hot as it has been said a million times before.

Chris

Old Coot
Dunno if this was asked somewhere, nor do I feel like looking (;\), anyone mind telling me who did Kaede's voice? It sounded a little similar to Izumi Curtis from Fullmetal Alchemist. o_o If it is the same person, then that'd make two Fullmetal seiyuu who've provided voices to AG (Frank Archer's seiyuu provided Adan's voice :x).

W

WindyNight

What can I say about this episode? Let's see..
Kinda weird to see Ash using a grass and ice type Pokemon against two fire types. He won the battle, partly because of his skills and partly because of his luck, IMO..
I mean Charizard is a strong fire Pokemon..It won't be defeated that easily...o_0
And Keade, she also switched out her Pokemon for a type advantage..That's just cheap...:mad:
Overall, that's not one of my best HL episodes...I give a rating 6/10 for the episode..

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
yeah, while I was cruising around Pokeani one day, I decided to try looking up her seiyuu in the Seiyuu Database. Nothing. Either the database is lacking her info, or this is her debut role in voice acting. However, Pokeani seemed to have its own database of other roles for all the various Pokemon seiyuu, and she didn't appear there either. That either says she only played very minor roles, appeared in lesser-known series, or it further confirms that this is a debuting seiyuu.

Last edited:
What can I say about this episode? Let's see..
Kinda weird to see Ash using a grass and ice type Pokemon against two fire types. He won the battle, partly because of his skills and partly because of his luck, IMO..

Yeah, well. You know Ash, he rarely seems to consider type-advantages.

I mean Charizard is a strong fire Pokemon..It won't be defeated that easily...o_0

Charizard may be strong, but Glalie is a total monster.

And Keade, she also switched out her Pokemon for a type advantage..That's just cheap...

That's not cheap, that's clever.

B

Blaziken master

I didn't like the fact that torkoal was quickly thrown out of the way against golduck

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
LOL SWITCHING IS CHEAP LOL

[/serebii]

Hyuuga. ;~; He's like...adorable wtf and he is way gay with Tomono. Doesn't help that Hyuuga looks a LOT like Alfonso and Tomono has curly poof-hair like an Oos. :D

Oh my hands are killing me.

YAY QUILAVA. Or something <3 Johtoooo.

Kabuto

little punks!
I am so glad Dugtrio appeared. One of my favorites makes its overdue appearance. And Kaedes strategy with Duggy is smart. Arena Trap is one of the best abilities. And I'm glad Pikachu didn't beat it either.

"Warm drinks, cold sandwiches!" Whether it was bad dubbing or an intentionally add-in of 4Kids, it was still hilarious xD

Ash and Morrison's rivalry is always exciting to watch.

Speaking of exciting to watch, I was glad to see Glalie in action. Its rebounding off the ice was excellent :D

Glalie's voice seems to get higher-pitched when its screaming. In Episode 400, Glalie's voice was really deep and controlled. But now, it's rather strained. I don't mind, though: Glalie's awesome regardless :)

Mark (interesting name, BTW. I was expecting Harry along with everyone else) had a good voice, actually. I was expecting some nasally, nerdy voice, but this one was quite fitting and quite good. Cool =)

Quilava's voice irritates me. Honestly, that's the voice I was expecting Mark to have xD

Katie had a good voice as well. Unfortunately, Venomoth wasn't as fortunate ;-;

I loved Dugtrio's ending cry. It screamed "TRIO!" really loud twice, and then gave a quiet, short, "Trio..." right afterward, which made it seem like it was saying, "Oh well, whatever ¬_¬." Hehe, that was hilarious. I laughed out loud at that.

I liked Brock's line about the spaghetti(and Morrison saying he liked spaghetti more xD). Not only was it funny, but it suits Brock's character to know best how to charm girls....Even if he doesn't usually get it right.

Loved the way Destiny Bond was portrayed :D It fits perfectly.

The little music montagé in the middle was interesting. I wasn't expecting it, but it was nice to watch.

EDIT: Oh, so it's Clark? My gosh, why is it that I can never properly hear character names? ._.

Overall rating:
9.1 out of 10
Good battles, fun to watch. Episodes like this really make me wish the League had been longer, but meh.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Last edited:
Eee! Kaede's name is now KATIE~!:D *flashes victory sign*

...And Hyuuga's name is now Clark, for some reason.o_0 Both of them had nice voices; and the battles were great. My favorite moment was Pinball Glalie(as I've decided to call it)--brought back memories of Pikachu vs. Raichu, for some reason.:p A 9.5/10 here...these battles keep on getting better!

Kabuto

little punks!
They had the Magic Feeling. I found that to be funny. Peanut butter and cactus burritos ?!. God help us all..... I liked the battle, and destiny bond was a nice surprise. Though I thought they should've mentioned arena trap with Dugtrio, they at least implyed it so the older game fans would know what she was doing.

Personally, Glalie's rebounding tactic reminded me more of Piloswine vs. Pikachu in Pryce's battle. Both Pikachu and Glalie were bouncing off ice pillars and using the speed to outdo their opponent. Quite a similarity.

EDIT: lol, I have so much to say about this episode xD Anyhow, has anyone else noticed how the animé has pretty much ignored the Ghost/Normal advantage throughout the League? Meowth in Boots was hit by Persian's Shadow Ball in the battle, and then again in the flashback, when neither of them should've affected it. And then here, Glalie perfroms a Normal Typed attack(Headbutt) against a Ghost Type(Misdreavus), and it knocks it out. Indeed, it was necessary to show Destiny Bond's effect, but Glalie could've done the same thing with Ice Beam, and the effect would remain. Have there been other instances of the Ghost/Normal advantage being ignored, or were the writers just not remembering it in the League?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Last edited:

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Destiny Bond (from Katie's Misdreavus) in the anime for the first time was pretty cool... I never use the attack in the game myself but hey... it was still neat.

Ash using Grovyle and Glalie against... Charizard and Quilava?! Normally, in the game, Grass and Ice-type Pokemon would be knocked out in a few seconds by Fire...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I knew that Clark guy would have an accent the moment I saw him. Interesting to see a "conductor" on the battlefield.

Ash had to actually go against a Charizard for a change. Amazing how Snorunt which had no wins as far as I remember manages to become a powerhouse as a Glalie.

Tyson's battle was nice, I've been itching to see an Aggron in a battle.

They played one of the Pikachu Jukebox songs! They should play these more often if they need to get rid of music with Japanese lyrics.

Ash vs. Katie rocked. She's my favorite character from the Hoenn league now, with Morrison a close second. She was battling using "game" strategy attacks, it was exciting to see her constantly training and adaption to the battle, along with seeing Destiny Bond for the first time.