• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shocks & Bonds! (405)

Well i call it Skeptile anyways the way Glalie went against the ice pillars and just knocked out Charizard 5 secs after was strange.

L

lordrock

I liked the combo that ash used on quilava Grovile pound and Glalie headbutt and maybe team rocket should stay in the snacks business I think is better that waY FOR THEM.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I would've enjoyed the Onigohri/ice pillar combo more if the animation hadn't been subpar. Same goes for the dub, only Morrison's annoying dub voice fed my disatisfaction even more.

Geodude

The correct pronunciation of Sceptile, as seen in the anime, obviously makes the most sense, yes.

Is there such a thing as a "skepter"? No, it's a scepter.

Is there such a thing as a "skent"? No, it's a scent.

Is there such a thing as a "Skeptile"? No, it's a Sceptile.

HoennMaster

I love how Glaile was used, beating a Charizard, Glalie owns!

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
So Sceptile's debut is here, eh... wasn't expecting that. In fact, I was hoping that Sceptile was the one Pokemon the writers decided to have make a debut as one of the main character's Pokemon (and it would have made sense, since it seems to be a leader-ish of all Ash's Hoenn Pokemon). But no, they had to throw it out here. Not that it didn't have a capable trainer, but geez... I would have liked at least some of the main character's evolved Pokemon be the first of that kind of Pokemon to be shown in the anime. But I don't remember a single one that happened with. :/ Although maybe most of you like this? *shrugs*

Anyway, the episode itself was fine. Seeing Destiny Bond was cool. Heh.

7/10.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Judai Yuki said:
Well i call it Skeptile anyways the way Glalie went against the ice pillars and just knocked out Charizard 5 secs after was strange.

So do I! :D I thought it was stupid that they pronounced it with a silent 'c'.
I even asked my friend how he would say it, and he pronounced it Skeptile.
IMO, It sounds better if it was pronounced Skeptile. :)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Addydo said:
Yes, it was stupid that they pronouced the name how it's supposed to be pronouced.

Oh the irony.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Geodude said:
Forretress...Crobat...Politoed...
I meant in Hoenn. XD There are lots of examples you can bring up in Johto and Kanto, but you'd be hardpressed to think of one from Hoenn... :/

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Kamex said:
I would have liked at least some of the main character's evolved Pokemon be the first of that kind of Pokemon to be shown in the anime.
Pssst....Glalie.... !

As well as him and Dustox, there's also Lombre...Cascoon and Silcoon. Whoot~

Geodude

Addydo said:
Geodude said:
The correct pronunciation of Sceptile, as seen in the anime, obviously makes the most sense, yes.

Is there such a thing as a "skepter"? No, it's a scepter.

Is there such a thing as a "skent"? No, it's a scent.

Is there such a thing as a "Skeptile"? No, it's a Sceptile.

Reading is a good thing.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
CyberCubed said:
Dustox was one, the first time we saw it anyway.
Gravy said:
Pssst....Glalie.... !

As well as him and Dustox, there's also Lombre...Cascoon and Silcoon. Whoot~
Yeah, I guess so... but still. The Wurmple family aren't that big of a deal, Glalie was introduced late and doesn't make many appearances, and Lombre... meh, who cares. So many Pokemon, Swellow, the whole Treecko family, the whole Corphish family, Torkoal, the whole Mudkip family, Torchic's evolutions... I could go on and on. So in the end it comes down to whether you think revealing all those Pokemon beforehand is a good idea or not. IMO, it's okay sometimes, but not nearly as many times as they have in Hoenn.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Okay, I've been too lazy to come here all week and review these two episodes from last week, even though I watched them days ago.

Anyway, I still love the ongoing Team Rocket/manager storyline, and still love Morrison and Tyson. The Hoenn championships are turning out to be pretty awesome with its characters. Ash's battle at the end and in the next episode is pretty awesome. I don't particularly like battle episodes where Ash's pokemon drop like flies at first (I prefer the give-and-take of battles such as his battle with Harrison in the Silver Conference, or against Drake in the Orange Islands), but at least the battle as a whole is really good.

Overall, 8/10.

Jeff Zero

Hey, I'm new here.

I live in Canada and just saw the new ones (YTV stopped airing it on Saturday after Saved by the Beldum, but is currently showing new ones at 5:00 am in the morning tuesday to friday, so I've been setting my VCR each night. Well, it's marketably stupid, but I'll take it if it means I get to see my precious Pokemon.

Just gotta say--AWESOME. The Hoenn League has been great so far. Keade's/Katie's battle against Ash really impressed me (part 2-not so much). I'm also really impressed with this saga's character designs for the girls. Yuriko/Vivica was just so darn cute, and Katie was a surprisingly unconventional look for a female trainer. Anyone know who the dub VA was for Katie? Kinda sounded like Alexis Rhodes from Yugioh GX.
I also had trouble telling if Katie was a guy or a girl at first. They showed her from a distance and took a while to say her name, so I was like waiting to find out, but I was guessing it was a girl.

For months now I was trying to figure out where I'd seen an anime character with hair similar to Katie's. It was bugging me for a while, then I saw a bit of the Hosou/Chronicles episode with Richie and Moltres and noticed the character in that, Silver, had nearly identical hair (although it was grey and was more of a mullet in the back). I was really surprised, considering I expected the character I was thinking of would be a girl.

Also: Although I'm not gay and don't consider myself bi, I often state Hakudoshi from Inuyasha as being "gorgeous" and "dreamy" as I honestly think he is.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
When this episode first aired, I taped it, but it somehow got deleted so I just saw this episode on Cartoon Network.

Anyways, this episode was kinda cool. Ash's battle with Clark was awesome even though Clark was annoying. It was good to see Detect. The TC was meh. It was cool to hear that song before the TC, although I forgot which episode it was from (somewhere in the early Kanto episodes). Cool to see Sand Tomb and Destiny Bond.

Last edited:

Knight_Ram

Im not sure whether someone has said this but did anyone notice that Morisson said Clive or Clide instead of Clark? Or is it just that annyoing voice he has?