• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shocks & Bonds! (405)

Jeff Zero

I saw this episode again yesterday, as YTV reaired it at Pokemon's new timeslot. I heard Morrison say it, but to be honest I had no problem hearing it as "Clark". Morrison's voice can be a bit grating.

One thing I found kinda dumb is one of Ash's group says Ash picked a perfect team (Grovlye and Glailie) against Clark even though he was using fire-type Pokemon, and both of Ash's Pokemon were weak against fire-types (Grovyle being a Grass-type, and Glailie being an Ice-type). Considering right after that another character mentioned the type disadvantage they may have been simply referring to those two being the two strongest Pokemon in Ash's lineup, which I can believe.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
I hated this episode, but I'll admit a bias. Seeing as Quilava is my absolute favorite Pokemon, seeing it completely owned makes me very angry. Why couldn't it have been a Magmar? I mean, who cares about Magmar? Not my poor Quilava TT_TT

Katie plays the Clarinet. She is full of own and win.

Jeff Zero

Remember though, anything written about "Katie" in Brock's book may be made up for the dub-playing the clarinet, enjoying spaghetti with tomato-berries (I especially wonder about this one, considering the anime portrays tomato berries as too spicy for humans to eat). Of course, those who have seen the subbed version can chime in if they know the answer.

I thought her having the nickname "CoolBeauty" was kinda neat. I want to assume that's a referance to the "Cooltrainer" and "Beauty" class of trainer in the games, but that might be giving the dub too much credit considering they had to rename the Team Magma and Aqua members later on when they realized they were in the games with differant names than what they gave them.

Battra

A very good episode I am really enjoying the battles in this one. Katie is definitely a good match up for Ash she's managed to shut down his confidence in winning and now is forcing him to think about what he's going to do next. I got a laugh out of what Brock had written in his little book about Katie, that's Brock for ya always concentrating on the girls.

Last edited:

Psycho Power J

Gimme your cookies!
Remember though, anything written about "Katie" in Brock's book may be made up for the dub-playing the clarinet, enjoying spaghetti with tomato-berries (I especially wonder about this one, considering the anime portrays tomato berries as too spicy for humans to eat). Of course, those who have seen the subbed version can chime in if they know the answer
Only dialogue change was with May's:

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/houen/ep129.html

This is definitely one of the better episodes I've seen. It's just like how someone would battle against an actual person in the game.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
glalie is and will remain the most bizarre pokemon for me, i never understanded that thing. it was a good episode nontheless.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Glalie is kinda...weird...
Anywho, I liked Quilava and Charizard! If only there was a Typhlosion...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great battle.
I loved the battle Glalie-Charizard, it was great to see Ash's tactic vs the fire pokemon.
And i loved to see Quilava fighting, it was cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It wasn't my favorite League episode.

Quilava again? It seems to be in every Pokemon League. I did enjoy Charizard mainly because it was Ash's Charizard.

Basically it was decent, 5/10

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Fitting title for a very good episode. Who did Ash fight first? Was it Marth, Mark or Clark? All the voices that said his name blend it together. Ash vs. Katie got off to a great start, with Ash getting destroyed.

9/10.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Pretty good episode I say, Glalie was pretty good in this battle against Charizard. I would have liked to see Typlosion and Charizard instead though.

Katie is a pretty good match up and could have won, I can't blame Brock for cheering her lol

Chill92

Can someone explain to me why Katie didn't switch Dugtrio when Ash choose Glalie? I mean she had used that whole strategy of switching earlier (switching Venomoth to Golduck to counter Torkoal)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was odd to see Ash using Glalie and Grovyle against Quilava and Charizard. It was cool when Glailie used the Ice Pillars it created to gain speed and launch a very powerful Headbutt attack to knockout Charizard. Ash's use of Pikachu vs Dugtrio wasn't very well thought out, especially using Thunderbolt on it. Ash wasn't thinking when leaving Torkoal and Pikachu in against Golduck and Dugtrio.

79/100

Vernikova

Champion
I actually liked the tag battle in this episode. Sure, I didn't pay attention that Ash overcame a huge type disadvantage but that's pretty standard for the anime.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Clark was a great COTD simply based on design in my view. I just loved his conductor's baton. Anyway, Ash's Glalie and Grovyle did well against two Fire-types and I was marginally surprised that Ash pulled through with type disadvantages and all. Tyson's short match against Aggron was decent and I liked the start of Ash's first full match at this League.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
I noticed in Ash's battle that he avoided STAB moves as much as possible (except for icy wind, which he probably used to slow Quilava and Charizard if we go by game mechanics). That was a smart play on his part.
I love how people were griping about how Sceptile was pronounced. I, myself have always pronounced it SEPT-tile.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Clark looked fancy, so I was surprised when he used Charizard and Quilava cuz I expected him to use ice types instead hee hee. Glalie did well at the end against Charizard, plus I liked Sceptile's debut.