• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shokotan will be doing guest animation for the SM anime (update: for the final episode of SM)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
You know I constantly forget Shoko-tan is even an idol, crazy to think she’s been doing this stuff for years I think I was like a fifteen-year-old kid when I heard of her on Pokemon Sunday. Isn’t she getting a little old to be an idol and I could have sworn Japanese idol culture was kind of iffy about this kind of stuff? I honestly keep forgetting what exactly is she famous for or relevant to other than getting slapped with stunt-roles via certain anime or anime movies like the two kids from the the Victini movies, the one girl from the Zoroark movie, etc.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Notch eared pichu is still the best song, and shokotan sung it!
No, no, the Ketchup ending theme is the best one. I don't remember who sang that one.

TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist

...What's the difference?
Here's the definition of idol from Wikipedia:

"An idol (アイドル aidoru, a Japanese rendering of the English word "idol") is a type of entertainer manufactured and marketed for image, attractiveness, and personality in Japanese pop culture. Idols are primarily singers, but they are also trained in other roles, such as acting, dancing, and modeling. Idols are commercialized through merchandise and endorsements by talent agencies with the intent of maintaining a strong emotional connection with a passionate consumer fan base."

I'm trying to think of a good example of the difference for Western culture, or at least American, but I can't think of anything right now.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Here's the definition of idol from Wikipedia:

"An idol (アイドル aidoru, a Japanese rendering of the English word "idol") is a type of entertainer manufactured and marketed for image, attractiveness, and personality in Japanese pop culture. Idols are primarily singers, but they are also trained in other roles, such as acting, dancing, and modeling. Idols are commercialized through merchandise and endorsements by talent agencies with the intent of maintaining a strong emotional connection with a passionate consumer fan base."

I'm trying to think of a good example of the difference for Western culture, or at least American, but I can't think of anything right now.

English articles about male idols that are part of groups as opposed to working solo almost always refer to them as "boy band members" rather than "idols", so there's your English-language equivalent right there.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I would consider any personality from the disney channel (and to a lesser extent Nickelodeon) to be the canada/usa/europe equivilent.
Barely and they easy to forget and idols stuff still remember even during 20s years later

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Probably the bit where Lillie decides to leave Alola with Magearna