• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Short and To The Punch (627)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wow, I forgot about Charmeleon in Oak's Lecture. They showed the bit when it just evolved in March of the Exeggutor. That thing looked so awesome in the ancient times. Now it has lost that vibrant redness :p

Shame that there were only two Charmeleon's in the whole of the original series (Ash's, and that one from the glassmaker in the Crystal Onix Episode)(Ow and Richies in the Whirl Islands bit of Johto)(and Oaks in Movie4)

@ The 4th Kira.. That still doesn't make any sense at all, except if you're talking about Splash. Gliscor had Sand Attack, and that was the move that made it win vs. Bastiodon (It wouldn't have gotten an opening for Fire Fang otherwise). So whenever Ash's pokemon do get a move that doesn't do damage, (still few and in between I might add) It's still very helpfull.

NES

Flip me to the side!
To be honest i didn't like this episode, it can't be described as a filler because Buizel got a new move, but it just feels as one.

Not to mention the training was ridiculous :/ Its good to see Ash or Dawn doing training, but i didn't like the leaves thing and the wise master of martial arts cliche.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Not to mention the training was ridiculous :/ Its good to see Ash or Dawn doing training, but i didn't like the leaves thing and the wise master of martial arts cliche.

Well this was part of the training. Ash though about the training with the leaves, and it worked eventually.

I don't think it was a filler episode. there were two battles, so to me it wasn't a filler.

JD

Well this was part of the training. Ash though about the training with the leaves, and it worked eventually.

I don't think it was a filler episode. there were two battles, so to me it wasn't a filler.

Of course it wasnt a Filler, There was some character Development for Buizel
and it learned a new move so it wasnt one. But this episode was okay I think Buizel's second battle with Mr.Mime was a bit rushed though seriously one ice punch?

JohnLee

and it learned a new move so it wasnt one. But this episode was okay I think Buizel's second battle with Mr.Mime was a bit rushed though seriously one ice punch?

I definitely got that feeling of the second battle being rushed too. It was basically the same battle, but with one ice punch and buizel won. Poor piplup! Barely even one minute into the episode and it gets blown up by another draco meteor!

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Poor piplup! Barely even one minute into the episode and it gets blown up by another draco meteor!
I don't know, I for one am loving this running gag with Gible's Draco Meteor and how it hones in on Piplup. It's like the writers are saying to it ' If you're gonna be out of your pokeball all the time, you're gonna be the butt of the jokes now'. Maybe it's just my personal detest of Dawn's Piplup, but this gag will always put a smile on my face.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

Well the training on the Ice Punch, it was the main event/thing in the episode, and the second battle just showed that Buizel already know how to use the move. I think that the first battle was even longer than the second.

lutzu

Well the training on the Ice Punch, it was the main event/thing in the episode, and the second battle just showed that Buizel already know how to use the move. I think that the first battle was even longer than the second.

well no the first battle was(aqua jet vs psychic,sonicboom vs double team,aqua jet vs thunder punch ko for Buizel) then in the second battle we had the first 2 attacks were the same then ice punch vs thunder punch and buizel dogged the attack and then started to rain and again ice punch vs thunder punch and ko Mr. Mime,the second battle was longer then the first

Cobalt_Latios

V Faction's summary was better then mine's and it makes me feel sad.
I find Juputoru's a bit more entertaining[/opinion].

I should have felt excited for this episode but I really didn't enjoy it. Maybe it was because it was very similar to the Gliscor Training / Release episode we've had a few weeks earlier.
Oh boy... yep, paranoia fuel. Just watch, everytime something like this happens in the future, someone is going to say, "okay, who is Ash going to release next".

Geez, that was a one time thing. Let's let it go, alright?

It was real people/dancers. =P
Saw the pic... wth???

Glad Buizel learned a new move though, it was almost like the Gliscor episode except that...

Buizel wasn't released which was fabulous.
Seriously...

God, that episode is going to make some of us paranoid for some time. Not me though.

- Hikari scolds Ash about this now overused gag, it isn't funny anymore..
I don't know about Dawn, but I'm starting to love it! Especially when I saw it used during the episode where Ash actually catches Gible. I mean, Piplup ducked for cover. And still gets hit.

Sorry Dawn, it's still funny. Maybe not as funny as Brock getting Poison Jabbed, but it's still hilarious.

While it could be because I missed that specific part and was spoiled about it, I really didn't find the Piplup abuse to be funny in this episode, it just didn't seem as funny as the other times.
Piplup abuse not funny? Wow...

Perhaps they should give it a rest for the moment. Although a draco meteor that hovers and follows Piplup would be funny.
Actually, that would be downright hilarious.

-^- You, my friend, need to write episode summaries more often. I was laughing half the time....:)
It was alright, I still find Juputoru's more entertaining. Mainly because he pokes fun at whatever happens, in a way that's quite funny.

-Omg it was just great seeing Buizel out after such a long time!!!!
-I'm glad that it finally got a win! It's been much too long!
With Ice Punch, it's gonna get some good wins under its belt. I'm also glad it didn't pull a Gliscor. I sware.... every time a trainer like this appears... people are going to think... So, why wasn't this the case with Ambipom?? Oh right, because what are the odds of something like THAT happening? Oh boy....
-TR should have just stayed where they were(idiots).
-I wonder if it'll take until the GF for Gible to master Draco Meteor. Maybe. If that's the case, more PA!
-Piplup getting hit by Draco Meteor is just uneccessary IMO.It was just the episode context that "watered" it down to the point where it should have been enjoyable but wasn't. Oh well, to each their own. I still think Piplup abuse is great.
Comments in bold.

-Take note of how prominently shown Piplup is here...and how Ash is training Gible's Draco Meteor. I WONDER HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT.
-I just realized something. Draco Meteor isn't failing because Gible sucks; it's failing because it's just TOO ATTRACTED to Piplup! How else do you explain the fact that it only EVER falls on Piplup? Yeah, I thought so.
That's a great theory. Maybe once the plot needs it to attack something, it will work. Maybe.

-The land shark falls in water! Is Gible still sharky enough to swim?! Well, it won't swim at all while it has that big rock in its mouth.
Hmmm... land shark. That may be why.

So... Gible was once again firing meteors at Piplup, and Buizel successfully learns a new move. Not bad.

Might watch it... assuming I can find it.

edit: found it.

*Gible hits Piplup with DM*

Dawn: Oh no you sank my battleship! (she obviously doesn't say that... it's just for laughs)

*Piplup sinks*

Oh god, priceless. Especially Piplup's expression of "Oh Crap" after seeing it.

C_L

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Feels great still.:D NONE OF YOU GUYS EXPECTED Rain to appear, thus activating Swift Swim.................NOBODY! I knew my eye's weren't decieving me. Loved how I was right, loved the music, and loved the animation= Perfect Episode.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
It was great to see a tough Mr.Mime for once, it was pretty powerful. Buizel learning Ice Punch should be a very good tool for battles in the future. The Mr.Mime vs Buizel battle was absolutely amazing, the action and the animation were top notch! Overall, this was great episode.

Dattebayo

Banned
Do the writers still think the elemental punches are special despite the physical/special split, because that's what I'm thinking when I felt a bit disappointed with Mr. Mime learning two of the three elemental punches. If it weren't for the rain, which activates Buizel's Swift Swim ability, Buizel would've been finished from that battle.

Torpoleon

Great episode. The nicknames for Ash, Dawn & Brock were kind of cool. The Draco Meteor & Piplup Gag again was awesome. I really liked Buizel VS Mr. Mime that second time.
10/10

First Perfect 10 of Season 13 for me!

SmartD

It was a good episode. Buizel learns a new move, Ice Punch, in this episode. The shortening thing so funny, even Team Rocket shortens their Blast off thing.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Nice to see Buizel finally learn a new move plus having sometime drawn on himself.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. I like how TR got blasted off by lightning. It was awesome that Buizel learned Ice Punch; one of my favorite ice attacks.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
This was a pretty good episode. I especially liked the fact that we had an epic (manly^^) martial arts character who was acting just as I want characters in Pokemon to act, talk and behave (ok, except for his terrible eating habits...)
We definitely need more guys like Clayton.

A few points of criticism though:
- While watching the episode, I was racking my brains over the question how moving your arm as quickly as possible would cool it down. As another user here already said, this was physics being turned on its head (not again :disgust:)
Also, I don't quite get what concentration has to do with mastering Ice Punch in particular. Without any doubt, concentration is an essential part of every successful battle, but how it would help cool down a Pokemon's paw sure is beyond me.

dman_dustin said:
I'm sick and tired of people arguing that Ash should've lost to a specific trainer because they are more experienced. Isn't it possible they just suck, and no matter how much experience they have, they're still not going to be good at it at all.
You shouldn't be "sick and tired" of those people, because they are partially right.
It was crystal clear from the beginning on that Clayton does NOT suck, but for many years has been doing nothing else than training his fists and punches.
So he undoubtedly is more experienced than Ash and having Ash win against him just "over night" (pun intended) pretty much reminds me of unsatisfying DEM methods.
And by "experienced" we don't mean because he is older. On the contrary, age doesn't matter at all. Let me explain: This was a pure fist fight (Ash didn't win with ordinary combinations where he as a trainer might be good at) and you can't deny that Clayton is way more experienced in this kind of battles, meaning that he has trained it for many years (not just because he is older...)

I was also annoyed that they wasted so much valuable time with pointless drivel like the conversation during dinner and didn't show us the most important part and the actual reason for today's episode: How did Buizel manage Ice Punch in detail?

Great characters, but unfortunately much wasted time, so all in all this episode deserves
6.5 out of 10 points

I found today's episode to have extraordinaire animation like most episodes. Buizel's ice punch, the sunset beaming over the forest where Team Rocket hid, and the visuals are just compelling to withhold. Buizel sure has a lot of flexibility when it comes dodging.

Last edited:

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
*stifles laugh*
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Clayton Subfists? SERIOUSLY? That's the name they gave him? When I heard that name, I burst out laughing. They couldn't have given him a more subtle name than that? Just wow. That name is so silly, I expect this guy to be in a bad movie.

Ridiculous names aside, the episode itself wasn't that bad, but When I was watching it with my sister earlier, she said that there were a ton of Naruto references here, like the waterfall scene, which she said was like when Naruto had to split a waterfall in half with his hand, or fist, or whatever it was.

By the way, Gible is still epic.