• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Short 'n Sweet: The Drabble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Title: Go Away
Author: matthew11
Fandom: Pokemon
Pairing/s: Amourshipping/Pearlshipping
Rating: G
Notes: Dare by ~SkyHigh~ in the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread. Criteria: Serena getting jealous of Satoshi and Hikari's bond. Here you go :)

“Serena, Wait!” Satoshi said, running after Serena who, minutes ago, suddenly screamed at him and Hikari for behaving that people could assume they were a couple.

Serena continued to run away from him, with tears running down on her cheeks like raging waterfalls from the intense feeling she had felt.

When she first met Hikari, she knew there was something fishy about this girl. It seems her fears were confirmed, when she witnessed multiple times when both Satoshi and Hikari gave each other high-fives. She assumed that Satoshi’s bond with Hikari is much stronger than her bond with him. It is true and, sadly, the truth hurts. Her fears were far from what she had seen minutes ago.

“Go away, go away…” Serena thought. After what it seemed to be an eternity, Satoshi finally caught up with Serena, grabbed her arm, and turned her around to face him.

“What do you want?!” Serena screamed, with pain in her voice.

“What’s wrong with you? This isn’t like you, Serena.” Satoshi said.

Serena didn’t answer as she turned around from facing Satoshi.

“Is it about me and Hikari?” he asked. Satoshi already knows about it. He just wants to confirm it.

Her eyes widened when she heard him ask that. She didn’t turn around to face him to answer, but instead she nodded her head.

“Don’t think like that, Serena. We’re just friends.”

“Friends?! What kind of friends lean their heads towards the other?!” She screamed.

“Why are you so bothered about it?! Do you have-“ Satoshi cut himself off.

Serena’s heart started to beat at a rapid rate when she heard his half-question. It seems that Satoshi picked it up at the right time. A moment of silence passed, and was broken by Serena.

“Y-yeah…” Serena said, looking shyly at the ground below her foot, cheeks are crimson red.

“Serena…” Satoshi said, causing Serena to lift her face up to face him.

“Hu-mmmh!” Serena was cut off when he embraced her in a tight and warm hug. She was surprised at the gesture Satoshi gave her, but her instinct caused her to return it. It felt to her that the terrifying moment she saw didn’t happened.

“I’m sorry for making you feel jealous…” Satoshi said soothingly.

“I forgive you…” Serena said, immediately forgiving him as she was enjoying their moment together.

They went back to the Pokemon Centre where they are staying.

“Umm… Why are you holding hands?” Hikari said, and gave a wink to Satoshi which went unnoticed by Serena as she was looking at the ground, blushing.

“N-nothing, I just like to do it.” Satoshi said, and gave a thumbs-up to Hikari.

“It looks like our plan worked.” he thought.

Title: Annoyance
Pairing/s: Hoennshipping (Brendan/Yuki x May/Haruka)
Rating: PG
Notes: Dare by shadowmilotic from the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread. Criteria: game protag x game protag ship involving a vacation in their home region's beach city. Enjoy :)

“Aaahhh… Relaxing vacation… Just like I wanted…” Yuki said, stretching his arms and lying on the soft sands of Slateport City’s beach in his blue swimming trunks.

He had quite a challenging time in the Hoenn League; battling the strong Elite Four and eventually battled the Champion. Surprisingly, he came out being the new champion, thanks to his Pokemon’s hard work. He knew he needs some time off, so he went on a vacation, but this didn’t go unnoticed by Haruka, so she went with him.

Yuki breathed the smell of ocean air, feeling that this vacation will be relaxing, until…

“Yuki!” Haruka said, standing in front of Yuki, whose eyes are closed but were opened as he heard her.

“What do you think?” Haruka asked, showing off her red bikini by posing.

Yuki thought how Haruka was shy towards him back then, and now here she is, bursting with confidence, and being annoying.

“Yeah, looks great on you, and can you give me some time to rest?” he said, going back to sleep.

Haruka didn’t want her… his vacation to go boring with him always resting.

“Oh, come on! You could have slept in your house if that’s the only thing you wanted. Don’t be such a killjoy and let’s have fun!” Haruka said, taking Yuki’s hand and dragging him towards the ocean’s waves.

“Ugh…” Yuki thought, though she’s right. He could have slept back home, but he also wants to enjoy his vacation once in a while. He thought that Haruka’s annoyance was bugging him, but it didn’t, and he liked that.

“All right, race you there!” Yuki said, sprinting from her.

“Hey! No fair! You got a head start!” Haruka said, catching up to the new Hoenn champion.

Last edited:

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Title: Picnicing in the Forest
Author: Mizz Nikki
Pairing: Fortuneshipping (Lucas x Dawn)
Note: Dare from BubChan. Criteria: Fortuneshipping drabble involving water.

Dawn could not stop herself from sighing as both she and Lucas found the self laying on a blanket.

It was a warm afternoon in the Sinnoh Region and the two were making the most out of it. They don't get to see each other that often, he is the champion of the Sinnoh Region and he always gets challengers left and right, and she is a top coordinator and would be a judge in the Grand Festival.

They were currently having a picnic in the Eterna Forrest and both of them were enjoying it. There were just no better feeling then spending some quality time with the one person you don't get to see that often.

Both of them knew the risks the second they started dating. He knew that, being the head of Pokemon League, he would be very busy with all of the challengers who kept showing up, hoping to steal the title of Pokemon League Champion away from him, and she knew the second she agreed to judge the Grand Festival, she would not be able to spend as much time with Lucas as she usually does.

It felt good to have some time to spend with each other and they just could not be any happier.

"Thank you so much for today, Lucas." Dawn smiled, looking at her boyfriend. "I haven't had this much fun in the longest time."

And it was true, she really could not remember the last time she got to enjoy herself like she currently was. Lucas planned everything out, he packed lunch for the two of them, he brought along some water balloons, and etc.

"No problem, I'm glad you had fun."

Dawn rested her head on Lucas's shoulder as the two of them looked up at the sky. She wished this day never had to come to an end, it was perfect. How she wished they could stay like this forever.

She was sure of one thing, she has the best boyfriend in the world.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Title: I don't care
Author: BubChan
Pairing: ComaShipping (Ash/Satoshi x Paul/Shinji)
Rating: Everyone
Note: Dare from xEryChan, a ComaShipping Drabble involving a Candle

The little kid Satoshi was looking at a big strawberry cake, with a huge smile on his face, everyone was singing the classic "Happy birthday song", it was a happy day for the boy, it was his eighth birthday.
In corner of the room, another boy with the same age was looking at Satoshi, with a unhappy face, a girl with honey hair noticed the lonely friend and and ran to him:
– Oh Shinji! – she started to talk with a serious face – Why are you alone? Everyone is singing with Satoshi there
– I don't care about Satoshi, Serena – He said with a voice full of rage
Serena, looked at the Candle in the Cake and a had an idea:
– I know that you don't care about him, but i think he will get burned with this candle on the cake, right?
The boy with purple hair, with a nervous face, started run toward the birthday boy, pushing him away from the Candle:
– Are you alright Satoshi?
– Yes, i am – said Satoshi, still scared from Shinji's unexpected action
– Ans you said that you don't care about him – Serena started to laugh while Shinji started to blush

Title: Notice my food, Iris-Senpai
Pairing: WishfulShipping (Iris x Cilan/Dento)
Note: Dare from Fufuyurifan , a gameverse WishfulShipping drabble

Dento was so nervous, the champion Iris was eating on his simple restaurant, and he knew that this would be tough, she wanted a Pecha barry soup, The boy started to cook it, still nervous.
When he finally finished the food, Dento brought it to Iris's table, that was with a huge smile on her face:
– I-I hope that you like it, Iris-Sama
She took the spoon and filled it with soup, putting everything in the mouth:
– Uuuuuummm – she smiled – This is delicious!
The boy with green hair started to cry, he suddenly huged the champion, that started to blush:
– T-thank you Iris -Sama!

I finally finished this

xEryChan

Demon Child
Title: Lost
Author: xEryChan
Pairing: NewBlueshipping (Calem x May)
Note: Dared by shadowmilotic in the Shippers Truth or Dare thread. Criteria: a drabble pairing a Hoenn character with a Kalos character.

"How did I manage to get myself into this mess?" May asked herself, looking around at her surroundings.

"Torchic tor." May's partner, her Torchic, said, looking up at its trainer.

The two were currently in the Kalos Region and in order for them to get to the next town, they had to go through the Reflection Cave. But they ended up getting themselves lost while looking for the exit of the cave. May had no idea where she even was and her PokeGear was doing nothing to help her find the exit of this cave.

May looked down at Torchic, "don't worry, Torchic. I'll get us out of here, I promise." She tried to assure the little Fire type Pokemon but slowly, she found herself doubting her own words. The cave was huge and she had no idea how to get to the exit.

If only I knew where I was going.

May's eyes immediately snapped open, she could have sworn that she heard the sound of footsteps behind her. But when she turned around, there was no one there. She turned back around to look at the map she was holding in her hand. A couple of second passed before she heard the same sound again but this time, there was an unfamiliar voice asking, “is someone there?”

“Yes, can someone please help me?”

A young boy came into her line of sight. He was about the same age she was, he was slightly taller then she was, and he had short black hair that reached his chin. He wore a blue zipped jacket, blue jeans, and a pair of blue and white sneakers. “Are you alright?”

May nodded. “Yes, but I ended up getting myself lost. Can you help me find the exit. Please?”

The boy stopped and nodded. “Of course,” he smiled at the lost girl. “Follow me.”

“Thank you, uhh...” May realized she had no idea what this boy's name was. Heck, she didn't even know who he was.

“Calem.” He smiled briefly at her. “My name is Calem.”

“Well, thank you, Calem. I'm May.”

“No problem, May.” He said and gestured for her to follow him.

Last edited:

BubChan

Wonderwall
Title: Perfection
Pairing: TransceiverShipping (Nate x Yancy)
Note: Dare by xEryChan in the Shippers Truth or Dare thread. Criteria: a Transceivershipping drabble dealing with them having a picnic.

Yancy was really nervous about this, he likes pecha barry? He likes Oran berry juice? He likes cute pink dresses? Those questions were going through her head, she wanted to make a perfect picnic for Nate.
She prepared everything, it was a beautiful, Yancy is great in stuff like that, she needed to wait for the boy. The girl started to look at her reflection in a puddle, scared, she screamed:

– I-I'm fat! And my hair is horrible, Nate will think that i'm ugly!

– Why i would think that you are ugly? – The boy appeared in her front – Hello Yancy!

Yancy started to blush when she saw his face:

– N-no, i didn't said ugly, i said.... hum...
He ignored her awnser because he saw the beautiful picnic that the girl made for Them, it was beautiful, sandwhiches, juice, berries, and more yummy stuff:
– This is beautiful Yancy!

– R-really? – her face was red like a tomato

– Yes! I'm happy to see that you care about me! many yummy food, i could hug you right now

"Nate is... Happy?"

She started to cry, she was so happy that the boy that she loves was happy with the picnic, she wanted a perfect picnic, and she did it:

– Are you okay Yancy?

– Y-yes! Let's eat!

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Title: Starry-Eyed
Author: MonMonCandie
Fandom: Pokémon
Pairing: TransceiverShipping (Nate/Yancy)
Note: Overdue dare from Mizz Nikki back in May... =P

Well, this was painful and…strangely anticipated. Who would’ve thought he’d actually get stuck in one of the Ferris wheel cars with Yancy? Not to say this was his first time riding with her (they’ve had plenty of Ferris wheel ‘dates’), but being trapped in the car due to a power outage was definitely new… Was this even a possible phenomenon for Nimbasa City to experience?

…Then again, rumor has it that Elesa’s friend—a foreign Gym Leader participating in the PWT—got his hands on the roller coaster in order to make it more ‘electrifying’. Nate didn’t like gossip, but Elesa did seem like the type to have eccentric friends…

“I guess we’re lucky the power outage only affected the theme park.” Snapping out of his thoughts, Nate looked at the girl sitting across from him. Yancy had her eyes out the window. “Could you imagine if the entire city went out? Then again, seeing the stars would be much easier without all the light pollution.”

Stars…

Yes, being stuck at the apex of the entire Ferris wheel gave you the best feeling as if you were on top of the world, but all Nate could think of was ‘stars’—it is, after all, why he felt awkward since the ride started. Maybe it was just him, but Yancy was…acting distant. Her smiles were forced; Yancy avoided any and all mentions of work; but most of all, not once has she looked at him directly. A part of her was naturally shy—Nate would give her that—but this was completely different… And it was all because of one video call on the Xtransceiver.

Nate called Yancy about a possible trade meet-up (he thought she’d like a Skitty this time around), but instead, he received a big shock by accident: Yancy was really celebrity idol, Nancy. The Trainer was so dazed that all he did was aimlessly stand in front of the Rondez-View Ferris wheel until Yancy shook him out of his trance hours later. Things—awkward things—just snowballed from there: they entered the Ferris wheel for one rotation; small talk was close to nonexistent; Pokémon were traded like a business transaction; and finally, the power outage. He can’t remember how much time has passed since then, but Nate really couldn’t handle this stale atmosphere anymore…

“…Nate?”

“Y-Yeah?” He sat with attention; back straight and eyes on the pink-haired girl. “Uh, what’s up?”

She remained quiet, lowering her gaze from the window to her lap. Yancy’s hands balled into fists as she whispered. “About what happened earlier with my job…um, I wasn’t trying to hide it because I didn’t trust you to know. I just…w-well…” From the way Yancy still refused to look at him, Nate believed talking about her job had an adverse effect on her overall self-esteem. “I just…find it hard to be two different people, so…”

“But you’re just Yancy, right?”

“Huh?”

Her eyes—blue and normally bright—are practically glowing in the dark. It wasn’t eerie; it was ethereal. A smile made its way on Nate’s face when they finally made eye contact. Standing up (and perhaps making Yancy more nervous than before), Nate walked over and plopped down beside Yancy. He let out a happy sigh, leaning back on his palms before glancing at the girl again; replying. “Nancy’s nice and all, but deep down, she’s still just a part of you, Yancy. Besides…I know and prefer Yancy than Nancy to be honest.”

“You…do?” Her face took on a bright shade of red, only adding to the fact that, yes, Nate definitely preferred this persona. There was something about Yancy he found more appealing than he did Nancy; and that said a lot because he always had a celebrity crush on Nancy.

…Kyurem in Plasma’s freezer! The whole ‘Yancy-Nancy’ connection suddenly just hit home!

“Nate, what’s wrong?” Yancy gasped in surprise when the Pokemon Trainer abruptly turned away.

“It’s nothing,” he mumbled, hiding his face within the flaps of his jacket as he shoved up against the wall. “Uh, you don’t have to worry, Yancy—I won’t tell anyone your secret; I promise.”

If she had answered, Nate didn’t hear her; much too distracted with swallowing down his blush. However, his progress was interrupted when a weight pressed against his back. He wasn’t sure what to do at this point, but thankfully, Yancy filled in the silence. “Thank you.”

“Y-Yeah, no problem. I know what it’s like when someone blurts out your secret so—”

“No.” She giggled, pressing her forehead against him as her hands touched his shoulders. Yancy was undoubtable warm… She continued. “I mean, for choosing ‘Yancy’… That means a lot.”

His shoulders relaxed before he turned in his spot. Seeing Yancy’s smile was honestly the best part of the day and it was contagious too. However, his reply was cut off when the Ferris wheel car jerked, causing Nate to instinctively grab Yancy’s upper arms to steady her. Music filled his ears; theme park lights were alit below; and the Ferris wheel was beginning to move again.

“I guess they fixed the electricity,” Yancy pointed out, glancing through the windows and paying no mind to where Nate was touching her.

…She was really, very pretty under the glowing theme park lights…

“Hey, Yancy…?” He swallowed, starting to lose his resolve when Yancy’s big, blue eyes locked on with his again. “Does this mean…I can call you at work? When you’re on break of course…”

Nate wondered what it was that got this girl to pay attention to him. He didn’t see himself as something special—Nate was always just a simple Trainer since day one of his journey. Whatever it was, he was definitely counting his lucky stars because for all the smiles Yancy gave him, the one right now was truly special.

“I’d like that, Nate… I’d like that a lot.”

Title: Simply Watching
Pairing: LuckyShipping (Red/Blue)
Note: Another overdue dare from SilverLining554 back in May... I'm sorry! xD

“Uh…Blue?”

“Hmm?”

“What are you doing?”

“Watching.”

“Well, yeah, but…” Red blinked; the polite smile on his face beginning to falter.

“Yes?” Her tone was hitting a singsong note; highlighting her teasing personality.

Red struggled to answer because Blue was just so…close. He leaned back slightly; hands on his shins as he sat cross-legged on the grassy terrain. His eyes never left Blue’s. “Well…aren’t you actually staring?”

Blue giggled; the kind that meant she was amused. Thankfully, the girl decided to lean away, sitting on her lower legs in front of Red. Her long, hair fluttered in the breeze, causing Blue to brush away strands from her face. “Technicalities—you’re just using another word for ‘watching’.”

But common sense dictated that she was staring instead of watching, right? …Right? Then again, the Battler had to remember that this was Blue he was dealing with—she had a funny, roundabout way of saying something while doing the complete opposite. Red theorized that everything the brunette did was merely distraction—it was hard for anyone to actually look at Blue without being swindled…

“O…kay…” he replied, noting the twinkle in Blue’s large eyes.

When the Evolver said Professor Oak requested him to come back to Pallet Town immediately, Red saw no harm in answering the call. However, an early detour to Viridian City shed light on the real truth. According to Green (after a friendly Pokémon battle of course), his grandfather was in Goldenrod City for a radio show! Puzzling… The Viridian Gym Leader even warned him that Blue was probably planning something since she bothered Green earlier that week; bored out of her mind. Not even Yellow’s company warded off Blue’s moody rut!

Now, Red wasn’t that gullible (despite what everyone says!), but he did wonder about the brunette from time to time during his travels. He hadn’t seen her in a while, so even though she might pull one over on him, he still wanted to see her.

…Red just didn’t know they’d have this staring contest on one of the rolling hills outside Pallet Town.

“This is a little… How about we actually do something?” the Battler asked when an (uncomfortable) period of silence took precedence.

“But I’m already doing something?” Blue tilted her head. If it was done out of cuteness, she was succeeding. She hummed—pretending to think—before locking gazes with him, crawling closer to Red and leaning after him when he inclined backwards. “I’m Red-watching.”

Blue was too close to his face! Red could almost count Blue’s every eyelash and her breath was warm against his skin. He’d been close to her before, but this was different—Blue had never been ‘up in his face’ like this as far as he could remember! “T-Too close, Blue…”

“Are you uncomfortable?”

“Anyone would be!”

“Ohohoho!” There it was: Blue’s trademark laughter. She pulled away to chortle against the back of her hand and Red felt an all too familiar feeling: she made a fool out of him. Just as he started to recover from his…gullibility, Blue joked. “You haven’t changed at all, Red!”

Rolling his eyes, Red scratched the side of his face, replying in a deadpan. “Yeah—thanks.”

“Silly, you—that’s a good thing…” Blue whispered so softly, Red almost missed it. He was surprised to find Blue looking across the distance with a sincere smile. It wasn’t teasing nor was it part of her playful mask… It was charming. When was the last time he’d seen her like this?

…Strange—Red thought she looked prettier with this kind of smile…

Without even realizing it, he spoke out in awe. “I think you changed plenty, Blue.”

As the Battler slapped a hand over his big mouth, the Evolver’s lips slowly curled after a curt moment of confusion. “My, my—you’re being really honest today.”

“N-No, that’s not what I meant! Well, you have changed, but not by much! Or…wait—”

He shut down—literally: brain dead. Red had no time to process the few seconds that passed by and what little feeling he should have felt didn’t click until after Blue pulled away from him with a smile—a devious smirk. She dropped her hands from his face before tapping his nose once, sitting comfortably beside the Battler while humming nonchalantly.

Red continued to stare forward, reaching for his lips with one hand. It was warm…and he soon matched the color of Green’s Scizor!

“Blue, did you just—”

“Mm-hmm.”

“…Then do you—”

“Maybe; maybe not,” Blue sang, achieving a desired result…again. Winking, the brunette’s chirpy voice was carried with the breeze. “I guess you’ll just have to stick around longer to find out, right?”

This time, he stared at her before resigning with a content sigh. Blue really did have something up her sleeve to keep him here, but in actuality, it didn’t bother Red as much as he thought it would…

He liked this change in Blue—and Red was going to make sure she knew that.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Title: Sickly Days
Pairing: Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)
Note: Dare from Mizz Nikki on the Shippers Truth or Dare thread. Criteria: Amourshipping Drabble involving tissues somehow.

"Are you sure you'll be alright while I'm out?" Serena said, looking at Ash worriedly. He looked so comf

Ash nodded his head. "Don't worry, Serena. I'll be fine."

Serena still looked unconvinced. If there's anything that anyone knows about her, it's that she hates leaving her boyfriend home alone when he's sick. He needed some medication and some tissues. He couldn't run into town to pick it up so she had to do it and she really did want to leave Ash home alone either.

She always tends to be a little over protective of him. Ever since they first started dating, she always tends to loom over him. It does Ash a little crazy but it also does show him that she truly does care about him.

"I don't know, Ash." Serena looking down at him, "you don't look so good, Ash."

Ash couldn't help but to mentally roll his eyes. "It's just a cold, Serena." But the dirty blond haired girl still really unconvinced though. "I'm not dying, okay? So just go."

"Alright, alright. I'll be right back."

matthew11

8000 MMR
Title: Failing Friendship
Pairing: Negaishipping (Ash/Satoshi x Iris)
Note: Dare from BubChan in the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread. Criteria: NOTP in a love/hate relationship.

“You’re such a kid…” Iris said. She eats a Pecha berry from a nearby tree to forget what Satoshi did a while ago by savoring its flavor.

“Just so you know, I’m a more experience trainer than you.” Satoshi retorted.

“Yeah, you have more experience in battling, but no experience in coming up with a strategy.” Iris retorted back.

“What did you say?!” Satoshi shouts from rage.

“Are you also deaf?” Iris sealed the deal.

“Why you…” Satoshi mumbles in defeat.

"Humph!" They both turned their backs to each other.

They went their separate ways to have some time alone; Satoshi sitting on the edge of a cliff and Iris sitting on the branch of a tree.

Satoshi sighed and thought, “Why does she always call me a kid? I’m not a kid. I’m mature; mature enough to… What was that word again? Come to think if it, why did she say 'also'?”

Iris sighed, “Why did it come to this? I never expected this to happen. All I wanted is to have Satoshi’s attention by teasing him. I never thought that my teasing would be that hurtful…” she whispers to herself, her eyes glassy.

Title: The Meaning Of Love
Pairing: Pearlshipping (Ash/Satoshi x Dawn/Hikari)
Note: Dare from xEryChan in the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread. Criteria: Pearlshipping involving a word search somehow.

“Hmmm… Uhh… Aha! Oh, uh… Hmmm…” Satoshi said. He was in his room, in front of his laptop, working on his assignment for Okido Hakase’s poem class. It’s been 30 minutes since he started, but to no avail. Why? He was searching for a fitting word. He’ve heard it before, though he didn’t know how to spell, or even know what the meaning of the word is.

*Knock knock* He heard someone at the door. He came up to the door, opened it, and found Hikari standing there.

“Hi! You called me?” Hikari asked.

“Yeah. I’m stuck on a part of my poem assignment. Can you help me search for a word?” Satoshi asked.

“Sure! What’s the word?” Hikari asked. She came and sit in front of his laptop to search the word for him.

“Love” He said.

Hikari’s eyes snapped opened. “E… EHHHH?! Love? You haven’t searched that word? How long did you sit in front of the laptop before I came here?” Hikari asked in surprise. It was unknown to her that Satoshi didn’t know the word love. She wasn’t surprised though that Satoshi can speak the word, but still. She was aware that Satoshi is dense as planet Venus, but she didn’t think he would be this dense that he doesn't even know the meaning of love or how to spell it.

“Y-yeah. I know it’s embarrassing for me. Ok let’s go back to searching. What’s the spelling of the word?” Satoshi asked.

“Oh… my… Arceus…” Hikari thought.

“Ok, I’ll type it in. L-O-V-E” Hikari typed in the letters of the words and pressed enter.

“Oh. I thought there is a silent Q there hehe.” Satoshi chuckled in embarrassment.

“Oh Satoshi…” Hikari sighed.

After 10 minutes, Satoshi finished his poem. Hikari got up, and began to walk through the door.

“I’m leaving now. Call me if there’s really a problem you’re dealing with.” Hikari said in disappointment that Satoshi couldn’t even search the word himself

As she turned her back to him, she felt his hand grabbed her arm and she turned around.

“Thanks for helping me out today. I really appreciate it.” Satoshi said.

For some reason, Hikari saw and heard him speak in a really hunk-ish way. She felt her cheeks heat up.

“Uh-No problem! Good-bye!” Hikari said, and walked swiftly to the door. She knew she had feelings for him, but she would have to get through his denseness first before he could learn the meaning of love.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Title: The Time Between Us
Author: The Prince of May
Pairing: CavalierShipping (Dawn x Gary)
Note: First drabble in a long time... I hope it won't be too bad. Sorry if that's the case! :D'

4 years had passed since she talked to him for the last time. Well, maybe not exactly 4 years. There were always those little calls that kept them in touch. But other than that, it's been 4 years since she saw his smile. His real smile.

"Hey there Dawn. It's been a while..." he said gently.

"Hey, Gary...", she simply added.

She was too shy to say anything right now. She was looking at how he changed. He got taller and obviously turned into a fine young man. She was slightly surprised by his new musculature, but she was really unable to get her eyes away from his own; they were as deep and cold as the sea, yet captivating as a sunset.
He, on the other hand, was probably noticing her new curves and the reasonable breast that were giving her a whole new charm. Charm that he just recently saw in her.

Finally, she got her voice back.

"It's so good to see you again. A lot has changed since we last saw each other. We should definitely meet more often."

She wasn't too sure if she said that because she wanted to get to know him better, or if she got interested by this handsome young man in a more complicated way.

"I would be happy to. Sometimes I need to get my minds off of researches. I think you're a pretty effective distraction..." he answered with a surprised yet timid tone.

She, too, needed to get her minds off of something. Contests.

"I still haven't been crowned Top Coordinator yet... I'm actually taking a break this year. That will leave me plenty of time to catch up with you!" she said with a innocent grin.

"Why don't we start now ?" he said while taking her hand.

She then looked at him in the eyes. She tried to hide her joy as much as she could, but Gary knew that she only had him in mind now. And she had no doubts that he had only her in mind, too.

"I would love to."

Feel free to comment! I would love to hear what you have to say about this "catching up" drabble! I'll try to post more often here, it's pretty cool. :3

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Title: Those Crazy Shippers
Author: ~SkyHigh~
Pairing: Advanceshipping (Ash x May); implied Contestshipping (Drew x May) and Comashipping (Paul x Ash)
Note: Dare from matthew11 on the Shippers Truth or Dare thread. Criteria: an Advanceshipping drabble involving Ash and May reading the discussion in the Advanceshipping thread.

Excuse me for this crap I'm sorry but I cannot stand Advanceshipping

Shippers are crazy, Ash thought as he found himself scrolling through the Advanceshipping thread on the Serebii Forums.

He found all sorts of topics in there that made his head spin and he could not stop himself from rolling his eyes. Perhaps his favorite one was the picture of him, May, and Pikachu that people were captioning. Some of the stuff they came up with were really funny too.

"May?" Ash called out to his friend, who was visiting from Hoenn with Max.

"Yeah?" The young girl answered, looking back at him.

"Come here for a minute," he said, his eyes glued to the screen. "You have to see this."

May stood up and made her way over to where Ash was sitting. "What did you want to show me?" She asked. Ash said nothing but moved aside so she could see the screen and her eyes widened when she saw what was on the screen. "Wow."

"Some people have too much time on their hands, don't they?"

"You would think they'd know that I'm with Drew, right?"

"And how about the fact that I'm not into girls that way. Paul is going to be so jealous when he sees this."

It makes me wonder if Comashippers are as crazy as Advanceshippers.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Title: Eyes on Me
Pairings: AlexandrianShipping (Volkner/Jasmine) and ResistanceShipping (Morty/Whitney)
Note: Drabble dare by shadowmilotic. Honestly, very fun to write. I couldn't help but include DarksideShipping and MiakaneShipping (both platonic). xD

One of the perks of participating in the Pokémon World Tournament was the change in scenery. As much as he loved Sinnoh, Volkner had travelled though it more times than he could count and that got pretty stale twelve years into his Trainer career… He’d probably regret that statement later when he’d think about Sunyshore; the Gym; and Flint (that guy was high maintenance without Volkner around), but that was what the next perk was for: Jasmine.

As the tournament name implied, Gym Leaders from all over would gather in the Unova region to compete with the best. Personally, Volkner thought it a hassle since he wasn’t in the ‘battling mood’ when invitations were sent, but participating was well worth it if he could spend all his free time with the Johto native… Long distance calls and visits once every three months (which also needed approval beforehand) could only satisfy him so much.

However, with every benefit Volkner hoped to get, there was a price. When it came to Jasmine, the fee this time around only ever came from one source: Whitney.

“We should totally hang out in Nimbasa after the PWT is over and done with!” the pink-haired Trainer yapped in excitement. “They have a roller coaster, Jasmine—and a baseball stadium!”

Jasmine, polite as she was, nodded as they walked together. “That sounds like fun, Whitney…but I think we were set to leave Unova the day after the tournament is over.”

“Then we’ll just get permission to stay longer!” Whitney pumped a determined fist. “I mean come on! It shouldn’t be that hard to convince Lance—we have Clair after all!”

“I…don’t think Clair will—”

“Of course she will! Trust me!”

With a sigh, Volkner trudged behind the girls as they chatted through Driftveil’s busy marketplace. He stuffed his hands in his pockets while keeping his eyes on Jasmine’s back. With every step, her long hair would sway from side to side. Each time she feigned to brush a strand over her shoulder, attempting to glance his way, Volkner’s heart raced with anticipation.

…But as expected, Whitney happened—dragging Jasmine to and fro between shops without knowing she was interrupting something…

“She’s not doing that on purpose.” Volkner blinked, looking to his right to find Morty—Whitney’s boyfriend—examining a row of Pokémon dolls at one of the shops. “Whitney’s easily excitable to new things—it’s a habit.”

Understandable as far as Volkner knew, but he still couldn’t help roll his head to the side; exasperated. “And yet, when I agreed to this ‘double date,’ I thought I’d actually be with Jasmine…”

Morty chuckled, picking up a Minccino doll and handing it to the seller. “You’re within meters of each other. She’s just…momentarily occupied.”

“…Hence, my point.”

That lazy smile on Morty’s face never let up. “It seems absence does make the heart grow fonder.”

Volkner’s attempt at looking away coolly failed miserably… So what if he missed Jasmine’s physical presence? They sacrificed a lot just to make their relationship work—would it kill them to spend a little (more than a little) time together? He made to say something snappy, but instead, Volkner’s attention went to the newly bought Minccino doll. “…And that’s for?”

With doll in hand, Morty casually walked up to the girls… Except when Volkner caught the Ghost-type Trainer’s gaze, the Sinnoh native felt an underlying purpose in Morty’s stride. “Getting Whitney’s attention.”

Volkner blinked as he watched the man get to work. Tapping Whitney’s shoulder, Morty gently pressed the doll to the girl’s lips for a ‘kiss’ when she turned around. It was there that the energetic girl proceeded to squeal in delight, hugging the toy before jumping into Morty’s lean frame. Jasmine—as a response—backed away from Whitney’s overt show of affection, but honestly, the brunette looked more relieved than bothered.

She finally looked over her shoulder, smiling and slipping away to approach him. Unlike Whitney, Jasmine was more reserved with physical contact, shyly sliding her fingers between Volkner’s once they were only centimeters apart. “Sorry, I didn’t think today would turn out like this…”

He paused for a moment before squeezing Jasmine’s hand gently. As they began walking again, Volkner met her gaze. “It’s fine. Hopefully, Whitney doesn’t notice you aren’t standing beside her anymore.”

Giggling, Jasmine shook her head in reassurance. “It’s alright. Once Morty gets Whitney’s attention, she rarely focuses on anything—or anyone—else.”

“…Really?”

“Yes. I mean, she adores him and—” Jasmine was held back when Volkner stopped. “What is it?”

The Sinnoh native simply remained silent as he observed the other couple interacting up ahead. Whitney had linked arms with the pale blond as she started running her mouth as Morty listened, but Jasmine was right. No longer did the busy shops catch her fancy; Whitney was entirely focused on Morty. He entranced her…like a ghost bewitching a haunting victim.

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but Morty’s worse than I am.” Volkner sighed knowingly, ignoring the confusion on Jasmine’s face. Shrugging with the belief that some things were better left unsaid, he threw an arm around Jasmine’s shoulder, smiling. “Anyways, you want a soda or something?”

“Okay…” Jasmine frowned with a furrow of her eyebrows. “Volkner, what exactly did you and Morty talk about?”

“…Nothing in particular. Just guy things, Jasmine… Guy things.”

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Title: Silent World
Author: The Prince of May
Pairing: AcidShipping (Roxie x Marlon)
Rating: PG-13

They were sitting on the beach, next to each other, her left hand in his right hand. The only thing that existed for this instant was the beautiful sunset they were witnessing.

Suddenly, she spoke without warning.

"I don't think my parents agree with our couple", she said slowly, still mesmirized by the vivid orange reflected by the water.

He smiled. He expected that kind of comment eventually.

"I don't think I do either", he simply answered with that same smile.

Seeing that she started to worry, he added "... but odd blends are usually the most enjoyable ones."

She sighed. She was reassured, yet still uneasy with the fact her own parents - the ones that supported her through all of her life choices - are in disagreement with her love for Marlon. All she wanted now was to be left alone.

"Hey... We'll find a way...", he said.

They then shared a long, passionate kiss to make sure she wouldn't get the wrong idea. She automatically felt much better while kissing. She realized how much she loved him, and how pleasant his kisses could be. Well, at least for her.
After letting go from his lips, he got up and started to undress.

"W-What are you doing..?" she asked, confused.

He remained quiet as he took off the last piece of clothing he had on, revealing himself entirely to her for the very first time. He had a beautiful body. But she still didn't know how to react to this sudden awkward moment.

"Do the same", he said cheerfully.

She hesitated, looked around to see if there were people near by and got undressed. Her white body was almost glowing. She always was uncomfortable with her skin tone and her small curves.
They headed towards the water and, once in, they embraced. She got a odd, yet warm feeling as their naked bodies touched. His skin color was contrasting her own like she's never seen before.

"Together", he said while looking right into her sparkling blue eyes.

And they both started to dance underwater, in a world of their own, where everyone and everything was silent...

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Title: Never Letting Go
Fandom: Pokemo
Pairing: Agencyshipping (Black x White)
Note: Dare from shadowmilotic in the Shippers Truth or Dare thread. Criteria: an Agencyshipping drabble involving Black's hat somehow.

Do you ever get sick of wearing that hat?"

That caught Black's attention and he had to make sure he heard his boss right at first but then he immediately turned his head to look at White, completely shocked. She looked at him curiously, awaiting his response.

Why does what he wear on his head matter? He's actually quite fond of that hat, why would White ask him if he ever gets sick of wearing a hate that he loves?

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it just seems to me that you never take that hat off for anything. In fact, the only time I've seen you take it off is when you're either bathing or going to bed. I was just wondering why, that's all."

"Does it matter?"

If White was being serious, she did not like the tone of Black's voice and she threw her hands up in the air and she found herself glaring harshly at Black.. "Okay, I was just curious, don't yell at me." She was just asking a simple question and she does not like being yelled at.

"I'm sorry, White." Black felt guilty for snapping. "It's just that this hat means a lot to me and I immediately thought you wanted me to get rid of it."

"No, no, it's fine." White gave a brief smile before she looked at Black puzzled. "But if you don't mind me asking, why is that hat so important to you? It's just a hat."

"It's not just a hat to me." Black calmly said before remembering one of the most painful times in his life. "This is the hat my late father gave me before I lost him. It's all I have left from him."

White felt guilty after hearing what Black had just told her. "Oh my god, I'm sorry, Black. I had no idea."

"Don't worry, it's fine. I just.. I miss him everyday and it's probably stupid but I feel like if I wear this hat, he's still here with me. That's why I can't take this hat off, ever."

"It's not stupid, Black. He's with you, he always will be."

And Black could not stop the grin from appearing on his face. He knew that his father is still with him and it's pretty hard to explain but as long as he had his hat, he could feel his father's presence.

And that is all he needed.

Spectro889

At your assistance.
Title: The Time to Confess.
Author: Spectro889
Pairing: Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)
Rating: PG-13

“Serena. You have always supported me through the beginning. Throughout my gym battles, when times were tough for me, when I was injured and you were always there for me. You are the most caring, and most beautiful girl I ever know.” Ash began, meaning every word that he said. Serena smiled and blushed heavily at his statement.

“I had feelings for you, feelings that had never occurred to me previously. It’s like I can tell anything to you, secrets, memories, you are someone I can always trust…” Ash continued.

“Ash… I feel the same way about you too. Ever since you rescued me from Professor Oak’s Summer Camp when we were kids, I developed feelings for you ever since. You have always been so nice to me, you supported me and even rescued me from dangerous encounters in the past. You have helped motivate me when times were difficult, and I can’t thank you enough...” Serena replied, smiling warmly at Ash… making him start to blush.

“Really Serena? You mean it?” asked Ash, in surprise.

“Every word.” replied Serena, still giving that warm smile at Ash.

“I’ve been meaning to tell you this for a long time Serena, but never had the chance to – either because I wasn’t confident enough, or times where it was possible, had to be interrupted by something or another. What I’m trying to say is Serena… is I love you.” Ash told Serena. Serena staring in shock of what Ash just said, her face turning a bright red. Mere seconds later, she began tearing up and crying.

“Oh no Serena! I made you cry!” Ash said in worry. ‘No no no, this isn’t how I wanted it to turn out’ Ash thought in fright.

“I’m crying of happiness Ash...” Serena said, wiping the tears that ran down from her eyes. “I love you too.” she continued.
Ash opened his eye wide-eyed in shock. The most beautiful and caring girl that he had intense feelings for all this time, said that she also had feelings and loved him too.

“Serena…” Ash trailed on. He wrapped his arms around Serena in a loving embrace, and slowly moved his face towards Serena’s, shutting his eyes at that moment. Serena complied by closing her eyes, and leaning towards Ash. The moment and their dreams were fulfilled when their lips touched and connected with each other for the first time. Ash became dazed and his mind became clear of all thoughts; except the fact that he loved Serena with much passion, and is now kissing the girl he had deep feelings for. Serena too became stunned and extremely happy that she is now together with the boy she had always loved.
The time came when they had to break apart from their first kiss, breathing in for air.

“Serena. I'll always love you, and nothing is going to break us apart…” Ash stated lovingly, staring into Serena’s precious, azure eyes.

“Me too Ash. I never want us to be drawn away from one another. We will always stay together, no matter what.” Serena replied, with a burning passion.

Ash simply replied with a smile, and wrapped his arms around Serena. Serena rested her head on Ash’s shoulder and sighed dreamily. She and Ash are now a couple, and are together… forever.

‘We’ll always be together… till the very end.’

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Title: Taller Than Me
Pairing: Pokeshipping (Ash/Satoshi x Misty/Kasumi)
Note: Dare from Mizz Nikki on the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread. Criteria: NOTP slow dancing.

“Ummm, Kasumi?”

“What is it?

“N-nothing…”

Slow music was playing in a party. As they were dancing, Satoshi couldn’t help but notice her partner being taller than him. It kind of felt awkward for him.

*step*

“You seem to be uncomfortable since we began dancing. What’s wrong?” Kasumi said.

*swish*

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.” Satoshi said calmly.

*step*

“No, there’s definitely something wrong.” Kasumi said, her sassy tone began coming out little by little.

*step*

“It’s just that… You’re taller than me… ” Satoshi said, embarrassingly scratching his cheek from his realization of speaking out the truth.

*swish*

“Oh…” Kasumi said sadly. She knew that she was taller than him, but she didn’t know that, when it comes to dancing with a tall partner, it would make him uncomfortable. But an idea popped up in her mind.

*stop*

“Wear these.” Kasumi said, taking her heels off and handing them over to her short partner, which was immediately rejected by him.

“What? You want me to wear those girly shoes?!” Satoshi said in disbelief.

“If it makes our height even, then yes…” Kasumi said shyly.

Satoshi was having second thoughts, but it wouldn’t hurt to try it on so that he could have artificial height. And so he tried it on and continued dancing with his partner.

*step* *step* *swish*

They were now enjoying their time dancing, their height not disturbing Satoshi. It seems as though both of them want to dance forever since they’re in the same height now. But soon enough, the music would stop, but that wouldn’t stop them from dancing. Nothing would, actually. They just want to be together in each other’s arms and dance the night out.

Last edited:

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Title: Date Gone Wrong
Author: Mizz Nikki
Pairing: Teashipping (Bill x Daisy Oak)
Note: Dare from MonMonCandie on the Shippers Truth or Dare thread. Criteria: a Teashipping drabble involving Bill's Vulpix getting in the way of any romantic development.

"Daisy, wait!" Bill yelled at his date for the date, who ran out on him. Truth be told, he could not blame her for leaving.

Everything was supposed to be perfect and it did go as he planned. It was supposed to be a perfect date and it all started out alright until it all turned around on him. And he was so disappointed with how it turned out.

He had went out on his first date with this girl he met. Her name was Daisy Oak and he really liked her so he asked her out, which she accepted. He was extremely grateful too, he had never been on a date before. He took her to the park that was showing a movie and everything went well until they were about too until Bill's very own Vulpix ruined the moment by jumping on Daisy.

Daisy got fed up and ran out on Bill. No matter how many times he called her name and begged her to come back, she wouldn't.

Bill eventually gave up and took a seat on the blanket and shook his head. That was when he felt someone rubbing their head against his arm. He looked down at Vulpix, who looked up at him.

And as furious as he was because his date was ruined, he could not stay mad at the little fire fox Pokemon.

"You're lucky your cute."

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Title: Tears and Happiness
Pairing: SequelShipping (Hugh/Hyuu x Rosa/Mei)
Note: Reposted drabble dare from matthew11 due to forum crash.

There were plenty of things he was ashamed of, but every time Hugh made a girl cry (by accident!), he felt even worse. That wasn’t to say he made girls cry all the time, but… Well, he was just…

“Argh!” he shouted, clawing his hair while falling back on the bench. Luckily for him, no one was around to witness his moment of frustration, but then again, he didn’t care if someone did. As it turned out, Hugh ignored how people saw him…except her for reasons he could not explain. Sighing once all his pent-up rage dissipated, Hugh ran a hand down his face. “Let this day be over already…”

“Are you talking to yourself again?” Flinching, Hugh sat up properly and spotted his little sister ascending the stairs to the outlook. She smiled in his direction; only for her smile to grow bigger when Liepard brushed past her, feigning aloofness. The young girl returned her attention to Hugh, approaching him. “I thought I’d find you here!”

“Did you need something?” Hugh asked.

“Rosa’s visiting her mom today—”

He froze.

“—I thought I’d let you know.”

“I see. Thanks.” Hugh grew quiet and it wasn’t missed by his sister. He tried to ignore the look of confusion on her face by gesturing to Liepard with a nod. “How is she?”

The girl hummed—hands behind her back—before she turned to the feline Pokémon, gently laying a hand on top of its head. She giggled when Liepard slowly leaned into her palm and quietly purred. “Fine.”

“It’s great that she’s starting to open up again.”

“I’d like it if you opened up too, big brother.”

Hugh blinked. When the girl continued to stare at him—Liepard’s jade eyes following soon after—the Trainer’s eyebrows furrowed tightly; face beginning to heat up. “What do you mean?”

“You’re unhappy,” the girl responded as if it were obvious…which it was, but Hugh would never admit that. Humming, she asked. “Did you get into a fight with Rosa? She had the same expression on her face when I mentioned you.”

…Did she really? No, wait: why did he suddenly feel relieved? He should be feeling bad; guilty even! His name was a negative connotation around Rosa and that didn’t sit well with Hugh at all! Unconsciously, a grim look painted his features and Hugh suddenly remembered the argument he had with Rosa over the Xtransceiver last night before it ended with her angry tears. It was stupid really… Why did they start arguing about hairstyles of all things? Hugh just…didn’t like the Qwilfish metaphor (those damned Plasma grunts ruined it), but then again, Rosa probably hated it when people compared her hair to doughnuts… Plus, weren’t girls more privy about hairstyles?

“Arceus, I am such an idiot,” Hugh lamented, burying his face in his hands.

“She’ll forgive you, you know.”

He hesitated for a moment, suddenly pulled out of his thoughts when something…furry brushed under his nose. Hugh pulled away, scrunching his face, until he saw Liepard sitting in front of him. The feline Pokémon swished her tail back and forth without glancing in his direction, but her proximity…Liepard rarely gave Hugh a chance to get close.

He blinked for the umpteenth time, hearing his sister speak. “Sometimes, you do act before thinking, but most of the time, your actions make girls really happy.” The smile on his sister’s face was sincere and Hugh readily dropped his mouth in awe. Giggling, the girl shared a look with the passive Liepard. “You went far for the both of us after all. That must mean something.”

…Ugh, that comment went straight to his heart!

This time, his sister laughed out loud when Hugh grumbled in embarrassment—his ‘tough guy’ and ‘doting brother’ personas were currently at war—but really, it was Liepard who surprised him when he saw the smug gleam in her eyes… Hugh didn’t know how he felt about that.

Ah, but that wasn’t what he needed to think about. He needed to apologize to Rosa—properly. Besides, if he had to be really honest, the doughnut hairstyle was kind of cute… Hugh just wouldn’t call them ‘doughnuts’ in front of her. Standing up, he declared. “Then I guess I’d better make Rosa happy.”

“You can always do it with a kiss.” the girl cheekily smiled; Liepard huffing through her nose in slight amusement.

“That’s…” The suggestion caused Hugh to fully go red without warning as he stared off into space. Ruffling his sister’s crown while walking past her, Hugh made a beeline for the stairs. “Geez, one thing at a time… I’m forward; not pushy.”

Title: Ice Cream Switches
Pairing: SequelShipping (Hugh/Hyuu x Rosa/Mei)
Note: Reposted drabble dare from xEryChan due to forum crash.

“Why?” Rosa whined as she shook Hugh’s arm. “Why is the line so long whenever I actually want a Castelia Cone?”

Hugh—Rosa’s on-again/off-again crush (as sad as that sounded)—rolled his eyes, but Rosa had a feeling the boy really wanted to smack his forehead in exasperation. He shrugged in an obvious manner and dryly responded. “I don’t know, Rosa. Maybe it’s because everyone wants a Castelia Cone too? I still don’t understand the appeal about them to be honest.”

Non-believer, Rosa thought to herself, rolling her eyes in return. Stepping up as the line moved forward (it was taking forever!), she replied. “For one, it’s good and Pokémon love it too. I think you should try it before saying how you don’t understand why Castelia Cones are so good.”

“Rosa.” Hugh shook his head. “That’s…pretty much the reason why you dragged me down here, remember? And in Castelia City too! Though you know, we could’ve gone to one of the shops in Join Avenue instead. That would have saved us the hassle.”

…Okay, ‘crushing-on-Hugh’ switch was momentarily off. Puffing her cheeks (and trying so hard to suppress her blush of embarrassment), Rosa returned her eyes forward. “Remind me never to invite you out to eat again.”

Hugh locked his fingers together behind his head. “I don’t think ice cream falls under ‘proper eating’.”

Instead of replying, the female Trainer went with the flow whenever the line moved up and shortened inch by inch.

“…Hey.” Hugh spoke louder; tone insistent. “Rosa, are you mad at me?”

“No,” she lied.

“Really?” He scoffed incredulously. “Really? You’re going to ignore me because of ice cream?”

Letting out a harsh sigh, Rosa turned to Hugh—ignoring the harrowing expression on his face—and answered with as much sass as she could muster. “It’s not any old ice cream. It’s a Castelia Cone.”

Hugh rolled his eyes again (Rosa was so close to calling him a cross-eyed Qwilfish!) as he replied. “Okay; Castelia Cone—whatever. I like a good treat every once in a while too, but I don’t think you have to go so far for something like this—”

“I am done talking with you, Qwilfish,” Rosa finalized, getting a rise out of Hugh with the unfortunate nickname. Before he could retaliate, however, Rosa was finally being served at the counter. It was a relief if she had to be honest as she pretended Hugh wasn’t there with her.

What was his problem? Here she was trying to treat him to something new and the guy was shooting it down without even trying! Hugh had always been a little hard-headed, even when they were kids, but Rosa thought he grew up a little after the events with Team Plasma and the like. Hugh didn’t have to be so impulsive and tense anymore; he could afford to be a normal teenager now that his sister’s Liepard was safe, sound, and recovering. Plus, they hadn’t spent much time together since they were busy Trainers now—Rosa would like to have a moment of relaxation with Hugh if she could help it.

…What happened to the switch being off?

Once the lady at the stand offered the Castelia Cone, Rosa dug through her wallet for the appropriate change, but before the girl could pay up, Hugh intervened and slapped the money on the countertop. It caused Rosa to jump in her spot as blue eyes locked with Hugh’s red ones. They stared at each other for what felt like eternity before the boy stormed off without another word.

Rosa finally snapped out of her stupor, grabbed her cone (telling the lady to keep the change), and rushed after the boy disappearing into the crowd. “Hugh! Hey!”

“I thought you didn’t want to talk to me,” he grumbled under his breath. Sure, he sounded upset, but the female Trainer didn’t miss how Hugh slowed his walking pace in order for her to catch up. It was a habit of his—Rosa had always been shorter than him, so Hugh had learned long ago to walk a little slower when she was around… Rosa readily blushed at the exclusivity of the habit, but thankfully, Hugh didn’t noticed when he turned around to face her. “Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say all that stuff. I guess having to stand in one spot got to me…”

She blinked; the corners of her lips twitching into a smile as she agreed with a nudge of her shoulder against him. “Well, that line was pretty long.”

His eyes lit up; their little argument just water under the bridge now. “No kidding! And you didn’t even get a second cone while you were at the counter!”

“Oh… Yeah, you’re right.” Would they have to line up again? Rosa really didn’t want to do that—she ended up fighting with Hugh because of the long wait! “Maybe we can—”

Rosa was suddenly overcome with shock when Hugh raised the Castelia Cone to his mouth—his hand over hers—and took a bite out of the treat without hesitating. Her eyes just wouldn’t leave his face when he licked his lips with a thoughtful (handsome) look to the sky before speaking. “Hey, it’s actually pretty good.”

…Yup, her ‘crushing-on-Hugh’ switch was undeniably on. How could it not when Hugh created an opportunity for an indirect kiss?

“Hugh, you idiot!” Rosa yelled when the intensity of her embarrassment peaked to new heights.

The boy flinched, mistaking Rosa’s outburst as anger. “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t think you’d mind… Uh—”

“Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!” she repeated while hiding her reddening face. Rosa had better confess her feelings soon because Hugh’s random acts of intimacy were going to ruin her sanity!

…Then again, who knew trying to get him to taste a Castelia Cone would be so exciting?

Title: In the Garden
Pairing: MidsummerNightsShipping (Wikstrom/Gampi x Valerie/Mache)
Note: Drabble dare from Laverre. I gotta say, this was tons of fun to write! Hopefully I got the 'fairytale' theme down!

He felt at home within Laverre City and Wikstrom began to wonder why he had never stepped foot here once before. It was quaint—tranquil—with a plethora of the life overflowing from the grandest tree taking root at the center of this sleepy town.

A jingling of keys entered his ears and Wikstrom soon realized his Klefki was floating away from their destination. The knight surveyed the area in front of him, chuckling in realization. “Patience, my friend. Once we’ve completed the errand Siebold entrusted to us, we shall explore the garden to your heart’s content.”

Although his words were reassuring, Klefki would not yield. Something caught its interest and the pull was far more attractive! Without warning, the Key Ring Pokémon quickly disappeared into the nearby flower garden, leaving Wikstrom in shock. How odd… Klefki was normally very obedient, so what had changed this? Wikstrom took no pause as he chased after what was his responsibility.

The flower garden was bigger than he imagined—overhead flora in a variety of colors carried with them many strange scents. The romantic in him thought this garden was similar to the ones in fantasy novels; it was surreal! His armor clanked lightly with each step, but as he listened for the jingling sound belonging only to Klefki, breezy laughter reached his ears instead.

“Oh my, what a dear you are!”

Following the voice, Wikstrom entered the heart of the garden only to pause in awe. There sitting in the middle of the blossoms was a most magnificent creature. The sunlight had given her silhouette a glowing aura; raven hair in cascades around her petite shoulders; and if Wikstrom hadn’t been paying attention, he would’ve mistaken her large sleeves for wings (nay, she had wings regardless). He had stumbled upon a fairy in a secret garden.

Klefki made noise of his appearance before Wikstrom could snap out of his stupor and it caused the fairy child to take notice of his intrusion. Immediately, Wikstrom froze, but the maiden only smiled in greeting. “Good afternoon. Have you come to spend time in the flower garden as well?”

It was such a brilliant smile; a thing of beauty. Wikstrom blinked out of his mesmerized stare, cleared his throat, and slowly approached. He bowed with a palm flat against his chest plate once he was close enough to the fairy child. “I do beg pardon. My reason for entering your garden was to retrieve the Pokémon before you.”

“No need to apologize.” She giggled. Reaching up, the maiden allowed Klefki to rest at the base of her hand. “This garden belongs to everyone. I, myself, simply love spending time here to feel like…a Flabébé among the flowers.”

Wikstrom’s lips twitched. “Admittedly, that was my impression when mine eyes laid upon you, fair lady.”

He immediately began to wonder if he spoke out of turn. This fairy child simply stared at him without a word—Klefki jingling quietly every few seconds—before the girl eased Wikstrom’s heart with another ethereal smile. “Thank you, sir knight. What a kind thing to say.”

Oh, the lady was brimming with innocence!

Gently convincing Klefki to return to Wikstrom’s side, the fairy child began rising to her feet. As with her whimsical appearance, her short stature—in comparison to him—reinforced the idea that she was also quite child-like (in a good way of course). She tilted her head; one sleeve over her mouth. “Now then, what brings you to Laverre City, sir knight?”

Ah, his errand for Siebold; it had slipped his mind! Bowing his head deeper in apology, Wikstrom answered. “Forgive my absentmindedness. I am running an errand for a friend since he did not have time to travel here himself. He had instructed me to find the Gym Leader of this fair city for an item he requested of her some days ago.”

“My, so it was you Siebold sent down? What a lovely surprise!”

“…I beg pardon?”

The maiden’s smile never faltered as she curtsied with open arms. “My name is Valerie, sir knight—the Laverre City Gym Leader.”

Oh… Oh! So this was the lady friend from Siebold’s circle? Her name had come up in passing between conversations with the man, but Wikstrom should have realized sooner the lady would be as beautiful as her name. He replied in turn. “A pleasure, Lady Valerie. I am Wikstrom of the Elite Four.” Klefki jingled beside him, causing the knight to chuckle. “And Klefki as you may already know.”

Valerie giggled. “He’s an adorable little thing. Why, he was pulling at the keys in my pocket once he found me here!”

That explained why Klefki suddenly ran off then; it must’ve fancied Valerie’s keys. Wikstrom chuckled, poking the Key Ring Pokémon playfully. It earned another giggle from Valerie and it eased his soul like music to a savage beast. However, as much as he enjoyed this conversation, Siebold was depending on him. “So, Lady Valerie, might I say we get down to business?”

“There is no need to hurry,” Valerie answered, walking around the garden in a casual manner.

Wikstrom blinked. “But—”

“It’s alright. Siebold will not mind.” Whenever she smiled, Wikstrom was left speechless. “May we chat for a while? I’ve heard many great things about you from Siebold and I’d like to know more.”

To think, he would be rewarded a moment with this fairy child. The flower garden; a fated meeting; and pleasant conversation… Wikstrom had always been a romantic, but this was ideal. Klefki once again drifted towards Valerie playfully as the knight bowed with a smile of his own. “If it pleases you, my lady.”

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Title: Better Taste
Pairing: Cavaliershipping (Gary/Shigeru x Dawn/Hikari)
Note: Dare from Mizz Nikki on the Shippers Truth of Dare Thread. Criteria: Cavaliershipping involving applesauce.

"3 to 4 lbs of peeled, cored, and quartered apples, 4 strips of lemon peel, 3 to 4 Tbsp of lemon juice,..."

It was morning. In the kitchen stands Shigeru, preparing to make applesauce for him and his girl to enjoy. All the ingredients were bought by him earlier in the Pokemart. Although he didn't know how to cook, the recipe was enough for him to proceed.

He placed the peeled, cored, and quartered apples into a large pot, added the strips of lemon peel, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, sugar, water, and salt. He brought it to boil on high heat, lowered the temperature, covered the pot, and maintained a low simmer for 20-30 minutes until the apples are completely tender and cooked through.

Once the apples are cooked, he removed the pot from the heat, and the lemon peels, and the cinnamon stick. He used a potato masher to mash the cooked apples in the pot, making a chunky applesauce. He then put the chunky applesauce in a bowl.

He perfectly sprinkled sugar on it.

"Perfect!" Shigeru said after tasting it. He then put it in the freezer. He does liked it chilled.

It was afternoon, and the applesauce was chilled in a decent low temperature. Shigeru came into the kitchen, opened the freezer and took out the applesauce. He then got a spoon, scooped up a small amount of applesauce and tried it again.

"I think Hikari should try this. This tastes great." He said.

"What should I try?" Hikari said, sneaked from behind him, and also surprising him.

"Whoa! Hikari! Don't scare me like that." Shigeru said.

"Hehe, sorry!" Hikari said in a cheery voice. "Anyway, what are you holding?" She added.

"It's applesauce. I think you might wanna try this. I made it after all..." Shigeru said in a shy manner.

"You did? I didn't know you can cook. But anyway, I'll try it!" Hikari said, taking the spoon from him and tried the applesauce herself.

"Mmmm! It's delicious!" Hikari said, her cheeks red from the sweet taste of her boyfriend's home-made applesauce.

"Thanks. Glad you liked it." Shigeru said, beaming a smile, but that faded away as Hikari placed a spoonful of applesauce in front of his face.

"Uhh... What?" He said, seemingly not knowing what her intention was.

"I'd like you to try it." Hikari said.

"I-I just did a while ago." Shigeru said.

"But this time, I'm gonna feed you." Hikari said, her cheeks colored with burning red.

"Uhh... Ok?" Shigeru said.

Hikari then fed him. He then felt the urge to savor the taste since it seemed to him that, for some odd reason, it tasted better when she fed him.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Title: Routine Days
Pairing: BeaconShipping (Volkner/Dawn)
Notes: Dare from xEryChan that needs to involve iced tea. I tried. Also, the first line by Volkner and a rephrased line somewhere in the story are things that are actually said in the games when you're in the Villa and Dawn is an NPC. ;)

“Hmm… This place gives me ideas about how I can renovate my Gym.”

Normally, people said things like that in passing and she would often take it in jest, but… Well, Dawn learned months ago that Volkner could be a very literal person.

“How long have you been here?” she asked the moment she stepped through the door and spotted him at the table. Seeing Volkner inside her Villa—uninvited—was becoming a frequent occurrence and Dawn had since given up convincing the man to not act like the Villa was his home…or second home; or even a third home…

Flint warned her that Volkner had a habit of ‘drifting’ between residences belonging to friends, despite owning his own duplex in Sunyshore City.

Volkner scratched the top of his head with the end of a marker; back facing her. “Since this morning.”

Sighing, Dawn shook her head, leaving the blond to his own devices as she walked to the kitchen. She had spent most of her day challenging the Battle Frontier before battling some more against some of the Gym Leaders at the Battleground café. Though in reality, she was only looking for Riley to get advice on the best way to raise the Riolu he’d given her months ago. A lot of learning went on today, so all Dawn wanted to do now was relax. The young Pokémon Trainer supposed she was lucky it was only Volkner visiting. He was busy with…something and Dawn was too tired to have a conversation.

Opening her refrigerator, Dawn realized she’d have to go shopping for snacks again. Her supply of Rage Candy Bars were running low and Dawn had a feeling it was Professor Rowan’s doing when he visited her last. After making a mental checklist, Dawn grabbed two cans of iced tea; dumped her bag and outerwear onto the living room sofa; and joined Volkner at the table.

The surface was covered in papers, blueprints, and other miscellaneous things! Dawn believed were for the Sunyshore Gym now that she really thought about it. Cynthia had convinced (by ‘convinced’, Dawn really meant ‘passively threatened’) Volkner to keep the Gym ‘as is’ for another six months before renovating it as per League rules. However, no one said he couldn’t make up plans while biding his time…

Dawn took a sip from one of the cans before promptly opening the second can and setting it on an empty spot on the table closest to Volkner. He paid her no mind as he scribbled notes on a blank sheet of paper with a pen; blue eyes focused and voice down to murmurs. It was probably rude, but Dawn had a habit to watch the blond work whenever they were alone in the Villa. She would’ve stopped, but since Volkner has yet to dismiss her about it…

Burying the lower half of her face in her arms, the girl hid a smile when Volkner flipped through a bunch of technical diagrams before writing notes again. Unlike most guys she knew, Volkner’s handwriting was very neat; even on the items he’d say were ‘chicken scratch’. Only the shuffling of papers, scribbling pens, and iced tea filled the room with noise—it was quiet.

Eventually, Volkner put down his pen and sighed, running a hand through his hair. His eyes never left the floor plans of his Gym, but automatically, he reached for the second can of iced tea. Dawn’s smile grew when Volkner lifted the drink to his lips and took a long swig.

“…What?” he asked, finally looking at her when she started to giggle.

Dawn sat up properly with a shake of her head, helping herself to a sip of her own drink as Volkner stared with a raised brow. “Nothing.”

The man rolled his eyes as a response, though not without a small curl of his lips. He finished off his iced tea in another few gulps before continuing with his work. Dawn didn’t mind—she liked watching Volkner when he was ‘in the zone’.

Tranquil silence fell between them again—Dawn slowly downing her own iced tea while Volkner brainstormed a budget—but it was enough to make the young Trainer happy. She was with that special someone in this wonderful little Villa… The Shining Shocking Star belonged only to her.

“…Hey.” Volkner started shuffling his papers into a neat pile. “With how routine this is becoming, it’s almost like we’re married.”

Dawn—who was in the processing of finishing her drink—quietly choked.

“Just kidding. You’re still a kid, but give it a few years… Mmm? Dawn, why’s your face red? You sick?”

“N…No, it’s nothing.”

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Title: Self Sacrifice
Pairing: SoulSilvershipping (Silver x Lyra)
Note: Dare from matthew11. Criteria: a SoulSilvershipping drabble involving one of them sneezing. Lame title is lame but I couldn't think of what to call it.

"Achoo!"

"Are you okay?"

Lyra asked, looking at her boyfriend concerned. It seemed to be like any othe day in Silver and Lyra's house. Well, all except for one thing. Lyra just so happened to catch a Purrloin the other day and she was letting it stay outside of its Pokeball while they were inside, much to Silver's dismay.

See, Silver has never told Lyra one thing: he is allergic to cat hair. He didn't have it in him to tell her. He had never seen her so happy as he did when she was around that Purrloin. So he kept it to himself, not wanting to upset her.

He was regretting that he never told her that. It was really beginning to bother him and he didn't know if he could handle it.

You have to, Silver. He told himself. For Lyra.

He turned his head to look at his girlfriend and he nodded. "Yeah, I'm alright." He found his voice sounding even more congested then it was before.

"You don't sound like it." Lyra looked at him, completely unconvinced. "You've been sneezing like crazy all day and I'm getting worried, Silver."

"It's nothing to worry about, Lyra. I'm fine."

Lyra sighed. She was getting sick and tired of Silver acting like there was nothing wrong when she knew darn well there was. She knew he was allergic to cat hair, she's known for a while. That's the only reason why she even went out and caught a Purrloin. She wanted him to come clean and tell her about his allergy. It's not his fault, he can't control what he's allergic to.

"Are you sure?" It was evident in her voice that she was getting annoyed with her boyfriend.

Silver nodded. "Yep."

"Cut the crap, Silver!" Lyra finally snapped. "I know you're allergic to cats."

"How did you find out?"

"I'm not stupid, all the signs were there. Why did you never tell me about that? How long did you think you could keep that a secret from me? Did you think I would never find out?"

It was a stupid move on his part to keep that hidden from her, he knew that. He was going to tell her, he just didn't know when. But she found out all on her own.

Lyra stood up and returned her Purrloin to its Pokeball, not peeling her eyes away from Silver.

"I'm sorry, Lyra. I know I should have told you sooner but I saw how much you love that Purrloin and I didn't have it in me to tell you about it."

"You're more important to me then Purrloin is. I can live without it, I can't live without you."

Silver couldn't stop himself from smiling with what she told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.