1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Short 'n Sweet: The Drabble Thread

Discussion in 'Shipping Fics' started by Tadashi, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Title: Wednesday Night
    Author: Pikachu Fan Number Nine
    Fandom: Pokemon
    Pairing: Ash/Iris OR Satoshi/Iris OR NegaiShipping
    Rating: G

A dare from Mizz Nikki in the Shippers Truth or Dare Thread

"Iris, dinner's ready!" Ash yelled out.

"Be ready in a second!" Iris said

Ash and Iris had been together for quite some time. Their Charizard and Dragonite didn't like the news because of their rivalry. So for one week they had to spend time together in a cage learning how to get along.

Surprisingly, it worked. The two couldn't have been any closer.

Ash and Iris now live together, and basically they do what any couple does.

Iris came into the dining room, and saw that Ash had made spaghetti and meatballs.

Iris said, "nice, you made spaghetti and meatballs."

Ash said "yeah, just like I do every Wednesday."

After the two finished their dinner, they went into the living room and watched a movie, in particular "Aquamarine".

Overall it was a good night.

2. SkittleBox

SkittleBox Fanfiction writer

Title: Just Like You
    Author: SkittleBox
    Pairing: (Platonic) Barry x Mira (does this even have a name?)
    Notes: Dared by Nerdy McNerdface in the Shipper's Truth or Dare to write a platonic Barry x Mira drabble. So here you go!
    (I have no idea how to spoiler tag so live with it)

"Barry, I want to battle you!"

The boy's eyes went wide mere seconds after the demand was given. "Whoa whoa whoa!" He leaned down and gave her a prolonged poke on the nose. "Mira, did something funky hit ya in the head? I thought you'd say, 'Barry, Mira wants to battle you!'"

Mira tilted her head downwards and dug her toe into the ground. "Well... you're strong. Stronger than Mi- I'll ever be. I want to be like you. So I'm taking it upon myself to do just that in anyway possible!" She puffed her little chest out. "So along with that battle, I'll speak just like you!"

"But if you're going to be Barry, who's going to be there to take Mira's place?" Barry asked.

The girl shrugged. "There are probably millions of other Miras that can be Mira."

Barry placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Mira, as far as I know, you're the only Mira I know. And lemme tell ya, this Mira right here is the best Mira in the world! Besides, I really like how you speak like you do!"

Mira drew back with a squeak. "R-really? I'm the best Mira?"

"Not gonna lie here. Best Mira I'll ever meet!"

The girl felt a smile grace her lips. "...and you're the best Barry Mira knows." She rushed forward and wrapped her arms around Barry. "Mira is glad that Barry is her friend."

Barry chuckled and returned the hug. "And Barry is glad that Mira is his best friend."

3. Title: Paper Hearts
    Author: do I really have to write this? (Nerdy McNerdface)
    Pairing: AoShipping (Cheryl x Riley)
    Notes: dared by SkittleBox in the Truth or Dare thread, criteria: a Drabble that can be either platonic or romantic, but must involve little Valentine's Day hearts. I chose one of the few pairings that I support romantically, since 'tis the season to be romantic as all hell.

Cheryl punched the air in success after finally completing her origami heart.

She had spent ages upon ages pouring through the tutorial, trying to get the folds just right, trying to make sure everything was in line, and every time before she had failed. But finally, out of either practice or sheer luck, she had managed to create it.

She lifted one of the flaps, and found herself a pencil to write inside it.

She wrote a message that talked about her feelings, how her life was going, and how she missed chatting in real life, before signing off with her name and a little heart.

Then, on the back, she wrote an address, before finding her Poke ball and releasing the Pokemon which resided inside.

The Staraptor chirped happily as it was let out, settling on the floor in front of her.

"Ok, Staraptor," Cheryl explained, "I want you to take this heart to the address on the back of it. Do you see right there?" She pointed to it. "Iron Island."

The Staraptor chirped again in approval, before allowing the letter to be tied to its leg.

"Ok, Staraptor!" Cheryl told it, "see you soon!"

As Staraptor found its way out of the open window, Cheryl thought deeply about how she felt so, so lonely without seeing Riley.

4. SkittleBox

Title: Reunion
    Pairing: AureliaShipping (Ash x Lillie)
    Notes: Dared by Victorian Rush in the Shippers' Truth or Dare. The drabble had to be set in Kanto.

Kanto.

Kanto was his home. It's where he had started his journey. It's where he had met so many great friends.

But today, he would be re-meeting one of his best friends.

Ash remembered the day clearly. The day they had finished their year at the Pokemon School. While Ash had ambitions to use his newfound knowledge to become a Pokemon Master, Lillie had different ideas. She had told him that day.

She would be leaving Alola.

The words hit Ash hard. Sure, he had said goodbye to many companions and friends before. But something about Lillie made it harder to say goodbye.

And after years of separation, they were together again.

Ash stepped out of the airport's doors, where a girl was standing against the setting sun. Her long blonde hair waved behind her and her shimmering green eyes were filled with tears. She ran forward and instinctively wrapped her arms around his back, to which Ash returned.

They were together again at long last.

5. AdvancedGenGenesect

AdvancedGenGenesect Well-Known Member

Title: Best Friend
    Author: its a me (AdvancedGenGenesect
    Pairings:pokeshipping
    Notes: Kyuu-tales dared me to do a simple pokeshipping drabble so here it is.

As ash looked out of the window of the pokemon center and the enormous storm of rain he noticed that something was very strange.

He felt the feeling of loneliness but much weirder and for some reason it was because he was in kanto.

he suddenly came to realize the fact that he was in the region where he met his best friends hed ever had and even though he had visited his best friend misty a few days before he felt a deep feeling of nostalgia only growing as he thought more about it.

He looked out of the window again and thought
    to himself "If you were with me now we'd both be waiting for a time to continue journeying towards the pokemon league but now even though your not with me I still hope your dreams become true one day".

Suddenly the rain storm stopped and a bit of time later he walked out of the pokemon center and got ready to enter the indigo plateau with all his courage juat like he once did with a friend that was a girl who was one the reasons the reason he had now become the strongest pokemon trainer in the world.

6. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Title: A Valentine's Gift
    Author: American--Pi
    Pairing: AureliaShipping (Ash x Lillie)
    Notes: Drabble Dare from the Shippers' Truth Or Dare Thread. SkittleBox dared me to write a drabble of any pairing I chose, but with the theme of Valentine's Day. I went with AureliaShipping because I wanted to explore a popular ship I've never written for before. This is on the short side, but I think it's alright. Enjoy.

Valentine's Day at the Pokemon School in Melemele Island had been great so far. The class had made and given valentines to each other, showing their appreciation for their friends. Plenty of candy was eaten, and plenty of pleasant words were exchanged. But Lillie had bigger plans for today. Today was the day where she would give a special Valentine's Gift to Ash Ketchum, so that he could understand how she felt about him.

Alright, here he comes, Lillie thought, hiding behind a wall and glancing towards Ash Ketchum, who was approaching where she was with Pikachu perched on his shoulder, as usual.

"H-hello, Ash," Lillie said nervously, approaching her crush in the schoolyard while carrying a lovely pink box held carefully in her hands.

"Hey Lillie," Ash said pleasantly to his classmate. "What's that you got there?"

"Oh, um, it's for you," Lillie said, blushing and holding it out to Ash.

"Hey, thanks!" Ash exclaimed happily, taking the box and uncovering it. Inside was a blue-and-yellow Quick Ball, nestled comfortably within the lining of the box.

Ash looked up at Lillie and smiled at her. "A Quick Ball! Thank you very much!"

"Pi-kachu!" Pikachu chirped happily from Ash's shoulder.

Lillie giggled. "Uh, actually, there's something in the ball," she explained. "I caught it, but now it's yours."

"Really?" Ash asked, intrigued. He removed the Quick Ball from its packaging and pressed its center button. A flash of white light beamed from the opened capsule, materializing into a small, pink, heart-shaped Pokemon that floated down towards the ground. Upon landing on the ground, the Luvdisc looked up at Ash and smiled at him.

"H-happy Valentine's Day, Ash," Lillie said, looking down and blushing furiously.

"A Luvdisc, thanks Lillie!" Ash exclaimed happily, placing the Quick Ball into the pink box on the ground and lifting the Rendezvous Pokemon into the air. "Welcome to the team, Luvdisc!"

"Luv!" Luvdisc trilled.

Lillie sighed, disappointment spreading over her as she realized that Ash hadn't understood what she was trying to tell him by giving him the Luvdisc. Lillie had fished for hours trying to find a Luvdisc and was thankful that she had the Quick Ball, which easily caught the pink Pokemon. She had stepped out of her comfort zone to catch that Pokemon - the Quick Ball was an old gift from her mother, and though she hadn't had to touch any Pokemon like she feared in order to catch the Luvdisc, obtaining the present for Ash still took a lot of bravery and effort on Lillie's part.

"Uh, Ash?" Lillie said tentatively.

"Hm?"

"You know I'm nervous around Pokemon," Lillie said. "I really stepped out of my comfort zone to get that present for you. So…" She shifted. "I was hoping you'd understand what I'm trying to say with it."

"I do understand," Ash said, smiling. "I'm glad that I helped you be less nervous around Pokemon. Thanks for the present and putting so much effort into it, Lillie. You're a really good friend for doing this for me."

Argh! Lillie thought in frustration, but years of learning to be well-mannered held her back from yelling out loud. Besides, Ash seemed happy with his new Pokemon. She didn't exactly want to ruin his good mood by confessing her feelings to him right now.

So she chuckled and said, "Thanks. You're a good friend too."

-END-

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  7. AdvancedGenGenesect

AdvancedGenGenesect Well-Known Member

Title: Hawaiian and salty
    Author: Advancedgengenesect
    Fandom: Pokémon
    Pairing: WaterWarriorShipping
    Notes: American-Pi dared me to either make a graphic or a drabble with theme of MistyxLana

Two personalities that are never too salty.
    Though they are very different if written in poetry.

One with fiery storms and the other with sighs of relief.
    But are warriors that will never lose in grief.

8. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush #freekeepitsimple

Title: Moving On
    Author: Victorian Rush
    Pairing: Pokeshipping (Ash x Misty)
    Rating: K+
    Note: This was a dare I received in the Shippers Truth or Dare. Pikachu Fan Number Nine dared me to write a Pokeshipping drabble. Didn't give me a specific plot so I just went with what came to mind.

Being a gym leader was most certainly not Misty’s dream. She never asked to be gym leader. In fact, it was her sisters who forced to stop her travels with Ash and Brock to take over as the Cerulean City’s gym leader while they traveled the world.

At first, she was not happy about it. Why would she be? Misty had a dream of her own and taking over for her sisters was, most definitely, not it. It was not fair of her sisters to do to that to her.

But the more she thought about it, it was not any different than what she did to her sisters. She did leave them in charge of the gym while she was traveling throughout Kanto, Johto, and the Orange Islands. So, she really could not blame them for wanting to go out and see the world when that was exactly what she was doing herself before she had to come back home.

And to be honest, it was not really that bad. At first she did think her life was over. She could not travel anymore, that was all she wanted. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized that she still could become a Water Pokemon Master by being a gym leader.

A lot of people already thought of her that way as it is.

It did open her eyes to a few things as well when it comes to love and relationships. Throughout her journey, she found herself falling for Ash Ketchum hard and it was really stupid on her part. He would never look at her the way she wanted him to. There was only one thing he loved and that was his never-ending journey of becoming a Pokemon Master. He was just a dense ten year old boy who truly had no idea what love was.

And unless he was finally able to achieve his dream by becoming the champion of some region in the world, he would never even think of love, it’s just that simple.

Maybe one day, Ash will achieve his dream and come back for her one day but right now, Misty just could see that happening. Regardless of that, Misty could not complain. She was happy as it is. She has a lot to be thankful for. But there is one thing she is missing and that is love. And she knew that was not something she was going to be getting from Ash anytime soon.

It’s time for her to move on with her life and find someone else who will love her the way she has always wanted Ash to.

9. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Title: TV Party
    Pairing: Max/Masato X Vivi Winstrate/Aki Kachinuki X Bonnie/Eureka X Mira/Miru
    Rating: K
    Notes: This was something I did on my own, not as a dare.

The DVD player was on. The stage was set for an all-day binge of a classic TV show.

Max and his three girlfriends, Bonnie, Mira and Vivi had been waiting for this day for quite a while. They were going to binge watch some classic episodes of "I Love Lucy."

They had heard quite a lot about the show, primarily through Max's parents and grandparents and Vivi's own family as well.

"We've got nothing better to do!" Max said. "Than watch TV with my Dendenne and the three of you!", said Bonnie.

Max said "ever since my big sis and her green-haired boyfriend been traveling together and my father began serving in the military it's basically been just me and my mom living here, and she's been the Gym Leader."

Vivi said, "you have a nice place Max, especially given that it's a Gym."

Max said, "this weekend my mother is out of town for a Dark-type Trainer's convention. My mother much preferred Dark-types to Normal-types but could not change the type of the Petalburg Gym until my dad went back into the military after 15 years away. Now it's the only Gym which specializes in Dark-types."

Mira said, "that's cool Max. By the way, what branch of the military does your dad serve in?"

Max said, "the Marines. He's a proud jarhead. Anyway, it's 'I Love Lucy' time."

Max's mother, Caroline, purchased the complete series of "I Love Lucy" the previous month, but it was only now that the 4 of them were able to start watching it. They had all kinds of refreshments prepared for the binge.

Max popped in the first disc of the first season, and played the first episode, in which the Ricardos and the Mertzes decide go to the Copacabana to celebrate the latter's anniversary, only for the husbands to sneak out and attend boxing matches.

Mira said, "the Mertzes together for 18 years? Wow that's a long time."

Max said, "keep in mind this was made in 1951 over 65 years ago."

As they watched the episode they had laughs at the idea of the wives playing a trick on their husbands.

As they finished with the episode, Vivi said, "I hope we don't ever get into a situation where I have to play a trick on you Max."

Max said, "I hope so too Vivi. You know I thought you were cute the day I laid eyes on you.

Bonnie said, "I've been trying to set up Clemont with a girl for a while now. I think he and that Serena girl are finally together."

Mira said, "enough talk, let's watch more I Love Lucy"

As the day rolled on they watched more "I Love Lucy" episodes.

By the time the weekend finished, Max and his girlfriends had watched half the series.

When Caroline came home, she came with an announcement.

"I'm expanding the Gym to include two more bedrooms. Bonnie you can have May's old bedroom. Mira and Vivi you'll be getting the two new ones the contractor will be building onto the Gym. I realize how much Max loves you all, so I decided on this."

"YAY!" They all cheered.

10. xEryChan

xEryChan Vampire Girl Staff Member Moderator

Title: One of You
    Author: xEryChan
    Pairing: Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)
    Note: This is just something I came up with on my own, it was not a dare. See what happens when you're up until 2 AM because you're sick :/

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dear Ash,

My gosh, it’s been so long since we last saw each other. I miss you. I miss traveling with you, Clemont, and Bonnie. How are you? How are you doing? How is the Alola Region?

I’m doing good. I’ve been working so hard preparing for my showcases. I’ve been using a lot of the knowledge you gave me and putting it to the test. You honestly have been such a big help to me, I don’t think you even know. It’s because of you that I know everything that I do about battling and Pokemon. You taught me so much and I don’t think I will ever be able to properly thank you for that but I can try to thought.

Anyways, there is something you need to know and I truly have no idea how to say it, to be honest. But it needs to be said.

I love you Ash. I have from the very first time we met at Professor Oak’s summer camp.

You know, I didn’t even want to go that summer but my mom forced me into it. I’m happy she did. If she hadn’t, I would never have met you. You honestly saved me that day. I was lost in the woods and had no idea how to get back. And on top, I had hurt my knee. If you did not show up when you did, I truly do know what would have happened to me.

You honestly changed my life. For the better

My mom always told me there is a plan for everyone. We do not know what the future will bring. I believe in this with all my heart and now, I know we were not meant to be. I'll go down to the beach every day because that is something we used to do all the time. I wish I could put all my love in a bottle and throw it into the ocean, watching it as it fades away. If it gets to you, then you would come back to me.

But for now, I'll sit here with all the memories of the adventures and all the fun we had together.

Just look at me now. I have reasons to smile and I have a lot to be thankful for. I found my dream and although it did take a while, I would not change it for the world.

I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt to see you leave. It does and it probably always will. But I’m living my life now and I’m truly happy with what I’ve accomplished. But I do know there is one thing missing piece to the puzzle and that is you.

I’m just going to keep doing me. I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing. If at some point you come back, I’ll be here. You know that. But if you don’t, I won’t just sit around and wait for you. I have a life of my own and I don’t want to waste it, especially by pining over a guy who may or may not come back for me in the future. I’m going to concentrate on myself and do my best to achieve my dream and become the Kalos Queen. That’s all I want. That’s all I’ve wanted and that’s all I will ever want.

But you should know that I will always be here, if you ever need me. If you ever do decide to come back. But I won’t wait forever.

I will always love you though and until we meet again.

Yours truly,
    Serena

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  11. Title: Her Soulmate
    Author: waddup (Nerdy McNerdface)
    Pairing: platonic Marley x Shaymin
    Notes: Dared by SkittleBox, criteria: a Drabble focusing on Spring. I chose a pairing that involved a character I really like and her Pokemon soulmate because Shaymin is like one of the ultimate Springtime Pokemon.

The Floaroma Meadow was one to watch in awe at this time of year.

Marley couldn't help but note this every time she sat down within the flowers at Spring, when the Starly sang their tunes out to celebrate the cold finally withdrawing from their vicinity.

Within her lap lay a small, hedgehog-like Pokemon with two flowers on either side of its head and a body covered in leaves.

Marley had first found this lost Pokemon in the very same meadow she was relaxing in now. It had been injured, lost, scared at the time, but Marley had held out her hand to it and over time their bond had grown. When Marley discovered that the small hedgehog Pokemon was actually Shaymin from all the ancient legends, that didn't affect the bond between them in any way.

As it now slept within her lap in the Spring sunlight, she gently stroked the leaves that covered its back.

Marley smiled faintly. They were two soulmates who protected each other, helped each other and made each other laugh on multiple occasions.

Marley wouldn't rather have it any other way.

12. SkittleBox

Title: Lumiose
    Pairing: (platonic) OriginalShipping (Red x Blue)
    Notes: Dared by Avietta_Ikarilove in the Shipper's Truth or Dare. The drabble had to involve Red and Lumiose City somehow.

Red was in Lumiose City.

He had heard about Lumiose City after his childhood rival and best friend, Blue, returned from studying abroad. Blue had told him all about the city, all the fun things to do... it interested Red.

So here he was in the city that his metaphoric brother had visited.

It was different without Blue. If Blue were here with him, he'd drag him along and blab about everything he had seen before so Red could see it as well.

But Red felt like maybe Blue would want to hear about his adventure when he came back to Kanto.

Just like Blue had told him about his.

13. Mizz Nikki

Mizz Nikki Operations Director

Title: Falling
    Author: Mizz Nikki
    Pairing: Orangeshipping (Tracey x Misty)
    Note: This was a dare I received from Kiryn in the Shippers Truth of Dare. Criteria: Basically, I was to write a drabble for the Misty pairing of my choice. Of course I went with Orangeshipping, it is my favorite ship involving Misty.

Normally being a gym leader would be something very enjoyable. Seeing a whole bunch of trainers come from near and far to challenge you to a battle so they could earn a badge is something to look forward to. Most of the challengers were newbies and it was amusing to see how new they were to being a trainer.

Misty is the one exception to that though. She did not ask to be declared gym leader of Cerulean City. She never did. The only reason she even was gym leader was because her sisters are lazy and don’t think of anyone else except themselves. Yep, that perfectly describes it.

She was forced into being gym leader against her will. Her sisters told her they wanted to go out and see the world themselves. Misty could not fault them for that. She had been doing that herself. She had been traveling throughout many different regions, it only made sense that her sisters wanted to do the same. But then came the bad news that there was nobody else could take on the responsibility of gym leader and if she did not take over the gym herself, it would be closed permanently. She felt obligated to take over the gym herself. So she cut her travels short and went back home to become Cerulean City's new gym leader.

But she really missed traveling the world with her friends. She missed Ash. She missed Brock. She missed Ash’s Pikachu. What she would not give to see all of them again. Last she heard, Brock had left to go back home and study to become a Pokemon Doctor but he was too busy to come out and visit her. Misty understood that though and never questioned it.

She did enjoy when Tracey came out and visited her. Although he stayed at Professor Oak’s lab as his apprentice, he did make time to come and see her. Nothing made her happier than that.

Although she would not say it, Misty has always had a soft spot for Tracey. When they traveling throughout the Orange Islands with Ash, they got along really well. Probably more than Misty has ever gotten along with any of her other male traveling companions.

Well, to be fair, the other guy she traveled with, besides Ash, was Brock.

But Tracey was different. He was literally the only person who came out to see her. He would spend the whole day with her before heading back. It was surprising. It was like he came out every day. And that just made Misty happy. Tracey made her happy. She did not know why but he always did. He always made her smile, which was something she needed.

And that was what made her fall for Tracey hard and she would not change it for anything.

14. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Title: Thrill Ride
    Pairing: Hau X Shauna/Sana
    Note: A dare from Mizz Nikki

Hau and Shauna had been together for some time. They just decided to travel the twin regions of Kanto and Johto.

"Hau, what kind of wonders do you think they have in those two regions?" Shauna said.

"Shauna, there's all kinds of stuff to see in these regions. Nothing our motorcycles can't handle."

So, the two trainers began their travels in Olivine City. From there, it was a heck of a ride.

15. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Title: A Conversation Over Coffee
    Author: American--Pi
    Pairing: Multiships - WishfulShipping (Cilan x Iris) and one-sided BusterShipping (Georgia x Iris)
    Notes: Dare from the Shippers' Truth Or Dare Thread. xEryChan dared me to make a graphic or write a drabble for a pairing of my choice, involving Starbucks somehow. Obviously I decided to write a drabble, and I decided to write about the Unova anime crew because I associate Starbucks with America and Unova is the American region. :p

"Smoked Butterscotch Latte, please," Iris said to the barista at the front counter. "Grande size."

"I'd like the same thing as her," Georgia said when it was her turn to order, pointing her thumb at Iris. She smirked. "Only iced, please."

Iris shot Georgia an exasperated look. "Really, Georgia?" she sighed. "Do you really have to use every single opportunity to remind me that you love icy things?"

"Hey, you like to remind me that you love dragons," Georgia countered, taking her change. "Come on. Let's go find a seat."

"So why did you invite me here exactly?" Iris asked as she and Georgia found a table for two near the bar.

"Because," Georgia said, leaning back in her chair, "I want to know why you ran off to Blackthorn without letting me know first. Do you know how long it took for me to figure out you were in Johto? I had to trek all the way to the Village of Dragons and ask practically everyone I saw." Georgia crossed her arms. "That was very rude, Iris. You don't just run off to a new region without letting your main rival know."

"I didn't think I'd have to do that," Iris said truthfully. "I didn't think you would care." She chuckled. "But it looks like you do, and for that, I'm sorry Georgia."

"Yeah, you'd better be," Georgia huffed. "Wasn't it super boring for you to not have a rival?"

"Actually, not really," Iris said. At that moment, a barista called for Iris, saying that her order was ready. Iris turned to Georgia. "One moment," she said as she walked over to the bar and grabbed the two drinks, flinching as her hand cupped around Georgia's icy cold one. Thanking the barista, Iris walked back to her and Georgia's table.

"What, you didn't miss having me beat you and your Dragon-types all the time?" Georgia asked, smirking as she sipped her iced drink.

"I guess having a rival would have made my Johto journey more exciting," Iris conceded as she warmed her hands on her hot latte. "But I'm traveling with Cilan, and you know him." She smiled. "Definitely a really exciting person. He's busy fishing now, and I'm pretty sure he'll catch something good."

Georgia frowned. "Of course," she grumbled. "Cilan, the Everything Connoisseur, definitely more exciting than little ol' me, who is, ahem, the Dragon Buster?"

"Georgia, are you okay?" Iris asked, confused. "I didn't mean to insult you or anything."

"Actually, you running off to Johto with Mister Perfect instead of me was definitely insulting," Georgia said loudly. "Yes, let me hear all about how talented, funny, and exciting Cilan is while I just sit here wishing that you at least let me know that you were in Johto." She pursed her lips as she looked around her. She seemed to realize that she had spoken too loudly because when she spoke again, it was in a whisper-shout. "That was pretty rude of you, Iris."

Iris stared at Georgia in confusion. The redhead was acting somewhat strangely, especially because Iris never expected Georgia to be jealous of Cilan. Iris was about to speak when Axew popped out of her hair and said something, gesturing at Georgia all the while.

"Ohhh," Iris said, suddenly understanding the situation. She nodded at Axew, who nodded back before hiding into his Trainer's hair.

"Georgia," Iris said delicately, "you seem to be jealous of Cilan and how close he is to me."

"Of course I'm jealous of Cilan," Georgia huffed. "What else is new?"

"Is it because you… like me?" Iris asked.

"No," Georgia said immediately. She blushed as Iris gazed at her. "Okay, yes. But don't take it the wrong way, okay? I'm your rival, and just because I like you doesn't mean that I'm going to go easy on you, got it?" She looked away, sipping at her drink in frustration.

"I understand," Iris said. Inside, she was amazed at the way Georgia was so willing to admit her feelings, but wasn't surprised at the existence of those feelings. After all, while Georgia was always very prickly, she had encouraged Iris to be a better trainer in the past.

"But Cilan and I have been together for a while now," Iris said, feeling bad for Georgia despite all the latter's attitude. "I get why you're jealous of him. But just because he likes to do a lot of things doesn't mean that he's better than you. You're a great rival, Georgia. You can keep being my rival, if you want. We can keep encouraging each other to be better trainers."

Georgia sighed. "Alright, I guess. I shouldn't have gotten in the way of you and Cilan," she said.

Iris's eyes widened. "Oh, no, it's okay!" she exclaimed. "Thanks for telling me how you feel. But let's stay rivals, okay? I think we work better that way anyways."

"I guess," Georgia said. "So you did miss having me as a rival?"

"Yep," Iris said, uncapping her drink so that it could cool down. "Cilan has Burgundy as his rival-"

"Burgundy's here?" Georgia said, a bit of excitement returning to her voice.

"Yeah, you didn't know?" Iris asked, smiling. "Why don't you stay in Johto for a while? Me, Cilan, Burgundy - we're all here. And we two can be rivals, just like we were back in Unova."

"Yeah, definitely," Georgia said, some of her sassiness returning to her. "Wanna battle after this? I won't go easy on you."

"Sure," Iris said happily. "And let's make it a good one."

-END-

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  16. chandallure

chandallure Member

Title: Dream
    Author: Chandallure
    Pairing: Originshipping (Steven/Wallace)
    Rating: General Audiences
    Notes: This is first post on the site, so I hope it's okay! This is part of a bigger bundle of drabbles on my AO3 account with the same username (chandallure). It is exactly one line over two pages (double-spaced), so I hope it's still fine. I apologize if not.

“Shh… let him rest.”

Wallace holds a finger to his lips. Milotic looks at him, then at Steven with worry in her stained-glass eyes. Steven, huddled up on the beach blanket, is far beyond rest and probably sailing his way through a pleasant dream.

If the universe spares him any mercy, it won’t be another nightmare.

Wallace frowns a bit, casting his line once more into the sea. Milotic, resigned, lays down on the blanket beside Steven, nuzzling her head against his chest gently enough that he doesn’t stir. She’s been privy to their late-night conversations, to Steven’s panic and ragged breath when he violently wakes. Perhaps she thinks it might be best to wake him before he has the chance to lose himself in that haze.

Something is tearing away at him. That much is obvious. Steven is under constant stress, and anytime Wallace points this out, he’s met with a dismissive wave and an affirmation -- “I’ll be fine”.

Of course, Steven doesn’t think in terms of the present. Just the future. And Wallace is running out of ways to convince him that what he may or will be isn’t quite as important as how he is now. Wallace frowns, setting his fishing rod down. The stars are starting to hover over the horizon now. Best to head home, soon.

“Catch anything?”

“Oh?” Wallace looks over. Steven hasn’t moved much; he’s rolled over now on his side, facing him. “You’re awake after all.” He smiles, resting his chin in his hand. “I hope you’ve had a pleasant rest.”

Steven laughs sleepily, eyes lidded with fatigue. Wallace feels his smile soften. He looks so peaceful, silver hair gleaming under the rising moonlight. “This is nice. We should come back tomorrow, I think,” he yawns, “if the weather permits.”

“I don’t see why not.” Wallace chuckles, inching over. “We should make the most of time spent on leave.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Ah,” Wallace sighs, “I didn’t answer it -- nor did I catch anything. Not even an old shoe.”

“You’ve managed to reel in shoes? Really?”

“It’s a sad thing, how much people will throw into the ocean.” He tuts. “But the ocean welcomes all things with open arms, poisonous to her or not.”

“Hmm.” Steven nods thoughtfully.

“I find, however,” Wallace looks out to the sea, watching the fading sun glitter along its farthest reaches. “That we reap what we sow. If we let poison bleed into the world, it will inevitably return. And if we share kindness, beauty… like the tide,” he closes his eyes, “it will always come back.”

“That’s beautiful, Wallace.”

“Haha.” He turns, lowering a hand to touch Steven’s cheek. “Do you know what else is beautiful?”

Steven pauses. His brow furrows.

“... you’re about to say something terribly embarrassing, aren’t you?”

Wallace pinches his nose. Steven laughs, swatting lightly (and letting out a very attractive honk). “Would taking a compliment once in your life really kill you, Steven Stone?”

“I’m afraid it might.” He strokes Milotic gently. She leans into his touch, crooning softly. “But I suppose we’ll never know.”

“We could test it.” Wallace plops down beside him on the blanket. “I think,” he smiles, bringing his face close to Steven’s, “that your beauty would make the moon itself envious.”

Steven laughs, closing his eyes. “You really are going to kill me.” He reaches out, placing his hand on Wallace’s cheek. “Let me return the favor.”

Softly, tenderly, he plants a kiss on Wallace’s forehead. Never would Wallace describe his kisses as aggressive or longing in any way -- charming, certainly, but never asking for too much. Never assuming. It makes his heart ache as much as it flutters, knowing the restraint, perhaps sadness even, behind his lips.

“Ugh,” Wallace teases, “I am slain.”

“Then we die together, with smiles on our faces.” Steven murmurs. “It’s not the worst way to go.”

Not today, Wallace closes his eyes and lets himself drift off, knowing Steven will follow.

Not today.

17. Victorian Rush

Title: Simplicity
    Pairing: AquariumPlantShipping (Lana x Mallow)
    Note: This is a dare from American--Pi. Criteria: I had to write a drabble to celebrate Femslash February. It's more one-sided than anything.

“Unbelievable!” Mallow shouted at the top of her lungs as she stormed into the Trainers School and made her way towards her room. If anyone was asleep prior to that point, they surely were not anymore, given how loud and upset Mallow was when she got back in.

But Lana was not sleeping. She was wide awake, since she could not seem to sleep, so she decided to read a book to the past the time. That was up until Mallow came back in. And now, Lana could not help but wonder what had happened that made Mallow so angry and upset after coming back. So she followed Mallow into the green-haired girls room.

“Mallow,” Lana carefully knocked on the door and opened it to see Mallow sitting on her bed. “What happened? Are you okay? What happened with your date tonight?”

“What do you think?” Mallow shouted and buried her face in her pillow and mumbled something that was hardly understandable to anyone before screaming into the soft fabric. Just why? Had she done something so awful that she now has to deal with stuff like this?

“What did you say?”

Mallow sat up on her bed. “I waited around for hours at this restaurant and he never showed! This jerk stood me up! Never called me or anything to tell me if he had to cancel! He just never showed up and left me to look like a fool in front of so many people!”

Lana looked at Mallow sadly and shook her head. “Wow, what a jerk.”

“This is not the first time someone has done something like this to me either.” Mallow told Lana as tears began to stream down her cheeks. “Why me? Why is it always me? Should I just give up on dating completely because each time I do try to go out with someone, it either ends to be with some jerk who either stands me up or puts me down constantly.”

“I’m sorry Mallow. you deserve so much better than that and if any of those guys can’t see it, that’s their loss and they don’t know what they’re missing out on.” Lana tried to comfort her friend and it was not hard to tell she had no idea what to say. She had never been on a date before and therefor, she has no idea what it feels like to be stood up. But she could see her friend was hurting and she had to do to do something to to cheer her up. It’s her duty, after all.

That did bring a little comfort to Mallow, who managed to smile a little bit.

But still, Lana still wished Mallow would just wake up and see there is someone who would never break her heart and would treat her the way she deserves to be treated. Lana has been there for a long time and it just kills her to see Mallow make time for all these guys who don’t appreciate her for who she is.

They don’t deserve her, it’s as simple as that.

18. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Title: Traffic Jam
    Pairing: PearlShipping (Ash/Satoshi X Dawn/Hikari)
    Note: A dare from Victorian Rush

"Come on light, turn green!" Ash said. He and Dawn were trying to get to a fancy restaurant on the west side of Jubilife City.

"We've been sitting here for like 7 minutes, and there are like 5 cars ahead of us", Dawn said.

They were on the east side of Jubilife City currently, but their reservation was on a timely basis.

Ash said to Dawn, "what do you think you want to order at that restaurant?"

Dawn said, "depends on what they have, I hear it is an all-cuisine restaurant."

Finally, the light turned green, and Ash and Dawn were able to get going.

19. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

Title: Forest Picnic
    Author: Kyuu-Tales
    Pairing: AoShipping (Riley & Cheryl)
    Notes: Community member Nerdy McNerdface dared me to write another Riley drabble--this time, featuring Stat Trainer Cheryl--in the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread.

“Are you certain?”

Riley scanned the clearing, its abundance of sunbeams welcoming as her impromptu invitation had been just moments earlier. There was no being skeptical of his companion's sincerity: Riley knew Cheryl would never lead him—or anyone, for that matter—astray.

“Yes, this is the place.”

Riley's expression softened at her affirmation. Without question.

She carefully laid a picnic blanket upon the dew-sodden grassy patch where the sun shone brightest. Cheryl's hair reflected a particularly healthy sheen of leaf green as she and her Chansey went about setting various baskets of simple dishes of berries across the spread.

When their task was complete, Cheryl and her partner respectively knelt and sat in unison. She gestured her fellow trainer to join her.

“Let's eat.”

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  20. Victorian Rush

Title: Decisions, Decisions
    Fandom: Pokemon Adventures
    Pairing(s): PreciousMetalshipping (Silver x Gold) & MangaQuestshipping (Gold x Crystal)
    Note: Dare from American--Pi. Criteria: She dared me to write a drabble with a Poly ship. I had a little bit of trouble of writing this so I went with a love triangle. I know it's little on the short side but still, I really love how it came out.

Gold could not stop the long sigh that escaped out of his mouth and he covered his face with his hands. Is life always supposed to this complicated? Just how did things end up like this? Now he has to choose between Silver and Crystal.

At first, it was just all fun and games. He was with Crystal, they had dating for the past couple of months. He just wanted to experiment with his sexuality. He truly did not know if he was straight or gay. So he messed around with Silver and at first, it was only supposed to be sex. Maybe it was not a good idea on his part to fool around with someone who was openly gay and in love with him. But he did and as time went on, he found himself falling for Silver as well.

Crystal found out about Silver and Gold and although she was hurt to find out, she did forgive Gold. She was in love with him after all and was willing to look past that so long as Gold ends his affair with Silver. But Gold obviously did not and it went on for quite some time.

He messed up and he knew that now.

Truth be told, Gold was surprised things have went on for as long as they have. But now he was torn and he knew time was closing on him for him. He had to make a decision before he ended losing both Silver and Crystal and that is something he could not bear to happen. He cared about both of them and that’s what this even tougher than it already was.

What is he supposed to do? How is supposed to choose between Silver and Crystal, knowing his decision would devastate the other. He really did not want to hurt anybody.

Is it always supposed to be this hard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.