• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Short 'n Sweet: The Drabble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: Not Even Onions Could Help
Author: pokefan#493
Fandom: Vocaloids
Pairing/s: Miku/Kaito
Rating: PG+ (mild language. VERY mild)
Note: darey dare. inspired by Kaito's version of World Is Mine. Tsundere Miku = win.

"K-Kaito! What the hell were you doing in here?!" the adolescent teen screeched from her place in the kitchen's doorway. For a brief moment she thought, Something exploded in here I know it, like in those cartoons when the goof-up tries to cook dinner, and noticed with a piqued curiosity that there was a pleasant aroma of spring onions, or leeks, in the air -- her favorite vegetable.

"Ah, Miku!" Kaito exclaimed in delight, automatically brightening up. He practically ran over to her in his ecstatic joy. Before he got any closer to her, however, she instinctively brought her palms up to stop him in his tracks, and practically landed a hard punch to his nose at the same time.

"Tell me, Kaito, why the kitchen looks like a total mess. Now." She looked at him sternly with a hint of annoyance, but her intense gaze and shining teal eyes caused a brilliant blush to crawl onto Kaito's cheeks. Who cares if she practically broke my face, SHE'S STARING AT ME SO CLOSELY!

"I-I was just trying to make leek-flavored ice cream for my s-sweet p-p-princes--OOF!" All the air rushed out of his lungs as Miku's swift but surprisingly powerful (powerful for her body-size and age) fist made contact with his stomach before she stomped away in quick steps, leaving him to clutch the area in agony.

"S-stupid Kaito..." The smell of leeks still hung in the air, with a miniature bit of vanilla mixed in, and Miku's blush deepens from this small detail.

Kinda longer than the maximum length, but I frickin' LOVE this pairing.

Title: At Least You Don't Like Electric-Types
Author: TRO
Fandom: Pokemon
Pairing: Prideshipping (Falkner/Misty)
Rating: PG (incredibly mild language)
Notes/Warnings: Dare from Skiyomi. Cross-gens and canon events like whoa, also more than slightly cracky.

Misty felt her heart leap with joy as she felt a tug on her fishing line.

'This could be the rare Water-type I've been hunting for!'

The redhead pulled on her fishing rod, meeting a considerable resistance, much more than she expected. Water Pokemon in ponds normally weren't this heavy... She continued to tug until -

Something came flying out of the water, something that wasn't a Pokemon. And that something, or should I say someone, landed directly on top of her.

"Whaaatt?! Who are you? And get off of me!" Misty shoved the person off of her, who happened to be a boy around her age with spiky blue hair.

Instead of answering her questions, the boy pointed to the sky. "Look what you've done!" he exclaimed. "You scared away the Swanna I was trying to capture!" In the distance, Misty could see two swan-like Pokemon flying away, obviously startled by their confrontation.

She quickly forgot about her annoyance and stared at them in awe. "Swanna, no way! Don't the fact that they're Water-type make them just the best?"

"I think you mean the fact that they're Flying-types," the boy replied.

"Oh yeah, says who?!"

"Says me, Falkner! And I'm going to be the greatest bird trainer ever!"

Just then, another boy ran up to them, carrying an injured Pikachu. "Hey so my Pikachu's injured and I gotta get it to the Pokemon Center asap! So if you don't mind, Imma borrow your bike. I'll return it one day!"

The black-haired boy jumped on Misty's bike and rode off, splashing mud in the duo's faces in the process.

"Damn Electric-type Trainers," both Misty and Falkner muttered simultaneously.

Then they just looked at each other, and smiled.

One day I'll take these dares seriously.
One day.

Last edited:

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Title: An Unexpected Journey
Author: Espeon 114x
Pairing: Ikarishipping (Paul/Dawn)
Rating: G
Notes/Warnings: Dared by CoordinatingMaster!

Paul angrily sighed as he looked over his shoulder, where he saw Dawn standing behind him, “can I help you?”

“Umm,” Dawn nervously drew out and put her hand behind her head, scratching the back of her neck nervously. Ash and Brock had just left Sinnoh and Dawn had decided to stay in Sinnoh. She’s not one for traveling alone. When she saw Paul inside the Twinleaf Town PokeMart, she had thought that maybe Paul would be willing to travel with her. Dawn is not someone who would enjoy traveling alone.

Paul sighed and shook his head before he continued, not giving Dawn the chance to complete her sentence. “Wait Paul!” Dawn yelled as she went after him.

“Where’s that guy that you were traveling with before?” Paul asked, apparently noticing the absence of his rival. “what‘s his name again?” Paul asked her, turning his head to look at the young girl behind him. What on earth does she want from me?

Oh yeah, Paul has no idea that Ash has left Sinnoh. Dawn thought to herself, looking over at Paul. “He left,” she replied, sadness evident in her voice, “he and Brock went back to Kanto.”

“Ok,” Paul answered, “but that still doesn’t explain why you’re following me. What do you want?”

Dawn nervously scratched the back of her neck. What’s the best for me to approach that subject, especially with Paul? “Well, I had thought that since Ash and Brock are gone, maybe you’d be willing to let me travel with you? I honestly don’t want to travel alone.”

“You want to travel with me?” Paul asked surprised. I wonder why it is she chose to ask me. “We barely know each other and now you’re telling me that you want to travel with me?”

Dawn nodded, “yeah, I know this might sound weird-” Dawn began before Paul cut her off.

“Weird?” Paul questioned, “more like crazy. What made you decide to ask me? There are probably other guys you have met on your journey, like that Kenny, why did you pick me?”

Dawn knitted her eyebrows, “well, I just thought that it might be fun if we traveled with each other. I’ll even wear my cheerleading outfit to support you in Gym battles, if you’re willing to travel with me. Please, Paul? Pretty pretty please?”

“Ok, fine, you win.” Paul finally gave up protesting, “you can travel with me?”

“But can you explain one thing to me, Paul? How do you know Kenny?”

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Title: The Pursuit of Justice
Author: Skiyomi
Fandom: Pokemon/Slayers
Pairing/s: Ash/Amelia
Note: Dared by ~SkyHigh~.

Ash stopped for a moment and took a deep breath as he reached the hilltop. It sure was good to be back in Kanto. He’d been to a lot of fantastic places and met a lot of interesting people, but Kanto was still home. He was eager get to see all the friends he’d left behind.

He smiled. “C’mon Pikachu,” he said, peering down at what he was coming to realize was his one and only permanent companion. “Let’s get going!”

“Kaa!” Pikachu cried cheerfully, scampering up to his side.

But before Ash or Pikachu could take another step, a rustling from the tree overhead caused them to stop in their tracks. Ash and his Pokemon exchanged a look. Could it be Team Rocket? Were those losers still following them?

Ash looked up, but the rustling wasn’t from Team Rocket, ready to try another ill-advised plan to nab his Pokemon. It was a girl… well, an upside down girl. It looked like her cape was caught in a tree branch.

“Um… Hi?” Ash said, trying to attract her attention.

The girl paused in her effort to disentangle herself. “Oh… hello,” she said. “Could you give me a hand? I’m stuck.”

“Sure,” Ash said, climbing up and removing the offending branch.

The girl landed on the ground on one foot. As far as Ash could judge, she was dressed pretty strangely, but he’d met a lot of people who dressed more strangely so he didn’t pass comment.

“Hi,” he said again. “I’m Ash.”

The girl looked up from brushing the leaves out of her cape. “My name is Amelia,” she said. She gave a deep bow. “Thank you so much for helping me out!”

“No problem,” Ash said, rubbing the back of his head in a nervous gesture. “What were you doing up there anyway?”

Amelia gave a fist pump and looked determined. “I was surveying the land to make sure there weren’t any evil-doers afoot and seeking out the path that might lead me in my wanderings!”

Ash gave this sentence some thought and tried to translate it. “…You were lost?” he tried.

The girl slumped. “Yeah, I guess,” she said, kicking a stone and sounding disappointed. “I traveled here from Seyruun and everything is just totally unfamiliar…”

“Seyruun?” Ash repeated. “Never heard of it. What kind of Pokemon League do they have there?”

Amelia gave him a perplexed look. “Poke… mon?” she repeated.

“Yeah,” Ash said cheerfully, scooping up Pikachu and holding him up to Amelia. “Pokemon like Pikachu!”

Amelia hesitantly reached out to Pikachu and patted it. When Pikachu let out a delighted “Pika!” her eyes brightened.

“Are all Pokemon this adorable?” Amelia asked, ticking under Pikachu’s chin.

“There are all kinds of Pokemon,” Ash explained. “Some are cute and some are pretty scary looking. There are big ones and small ones and all different types too. Around here people train them and battle them in the Pokemon League.”

Amelia immediately withdrew her hand and look scandalized. “Are you telling me,” she began, voice wavering with indignation, “that you force adorable little animals to fight each other on your behalf?!”

“No!” Ash responded immediately. “Well, sort of,” he amended. “But you don’t underst—”

“Forcing innocent creatures into violent conflict!” Amelia shouted, her clenched fist shaking. “I can’t think of anything more vile and despicable! My Justice loving heart burns and this atrocity!” She pointed at the stunned Pokemon trainer. “Heaven may forgive you for your crimes, but I, Amelia, will not!”

“Hold up a second!” Ash yelled, holding up his hands. “I don’t force my Pokemon to do anything! They’re my friends! We battle together to get stronger!” He pumped his fist. “They like to battle. Right, Pikachu?”

Amelia looked doubtfully at Pikachu. “Is this true?”

“Pikachu Pika!” Pikachu enthused, nodding.

Amelia transferred her doubtful look to Ash. “Hmm…” she said. “I’ll have to see one of these Pokemon battles to be sure,” she said. She pointed at him. “In that case, I had better stick with you! Yes! And we can smash any evil-doers that would do harm to people or Pokemon with the hammer of JUSTICE!”

“Wait… what?” Ash said, not entirely keeping up. But it was too late, the strange girl took his hand and led him running down the road to a future that probably involved smashing villains and the pursuit of justice.

childxofxthexgrave

Master of Reality
Fandom: Legally Blonde
Pairing/s: Vivienne Kensington x Elle Woods
Rating: PG/PG-13
Plot Description: I wanted her gone, and now the thought of her leaving is breaking my heart Slightly AU.

"You're leaving?" the words taste bitter on my lips.

"Yeah. Emmett just accepted this amazing offer, and it would really help us both get our careers on the map" she giggled (that giggle that used to annoy me, it's making my heart flutter). "I totally can't believe I'm talking like this. I sound so...professional"

A small smile creeps up my lips; "That last bit sounded like the Elle I know and love"

There's a mischievous twinkle in her eyes when she replies; "You didn't like that Elle before, if I remember correctly"

I chuckle, "She grew on me. You're not that spoiled sorority girl that stalked her ex-boyfriend to Harvard Law anymore"

"I guess I have you to thank for that. I mean, you did convince to go back to that trial. Thank you, Vi"

Vi. Does she know she's the only one who calls me that? The only one allowed to call me that?.

Her phone rings, some peppy upbeat 80s pop tune, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

"Hello?" she says, and then a bright smile lights up the entire room, "Hey, baby. Yeah, I'm just having lunch with Vi. Duh, Vivienne...Really?! Oh honey, that's great. Yeah, I'll see you soon, love you too, bye".

She has a huge grin on her face, and she explodes with a squeal before composing herself. "They've increased the offer by fifty percent!"

I smile, but it's forced. I'm proud of her and Emmett, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want something unfortunate to happen, something that would prevent her from leaving. Look at this; I used to pray for the day she would no longer be a part of my life, and now the thought of her leaving is...

"Vi, are you okay?" she asks.

And that's when I realize that my eyes were watering, and the tears are leaking down my cheeks.

My voice is hoarse and choked; "Yeah, just being...sentimental. I'm going to miss you". I stand up, unsure of whether or not I should just leave, but before I can make up my mind, there's a pair of arms around my body, and the scent of vanilla invading my senses.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Vi" Elle says, and her goodbyes are the goodbyes of a friend, an acquaintance, nothing more.

And she's standing so close to me, holding me so tight, and my arms move to their own accord, embracing her body like hers did mine. And my head, which was looking at an aquarium is now turned to face her. And I'm in some sort of trance, I must be, because I'm actually thinking of kissing her. And I can't. No, I won't jeopardize this friendship. Even if I have been wanting to kiss her for a while now, ever since that day me and Warner (the thought of him makes me want to hit something) caught Callahan kissing Elle. God, I just wanted to kiss her that day, I don't know why, and I still don't.

My mind is reeling, because, sweet Jesus, I want to kiss her so bad, but I don't want her to hate me, or be disgusted with me. So I settle for a peck on her lips.

And I could slap myself for it. Because now she's yanking herself out of my embrace, grabbing her purse, and running out the door.

Last edited:

minkachan

Verbal *** Kicking
Title: Morning After
Author: minkachan
Pairing: Haruka/Kasumi
Rating: PG-13
Note: Just sweet lady kisses.

The bitter-fresh morning air nips at her dew-soaked skin. Goosebumps burst across her bare legs and arms and breasts. A chill cascades down her spine. When the sour autumn breeze picks up its impish pace, eyelashes flutter and reveal pools of drowsy blue.

Welcome warmth pulses in her lower back as gentle lips travel up her shoulder blades. Heat ferments in the pit of her stomach.

When a tongue scalds her neck, Haruka gasps and flips around to stare up at her lover.

"Kasu-chan, did we end up finishing that bottle of champagne last night?"

The fiery-haired woman smiles thoughtfully for a moment while lazily running her slim fingers over Haruka's flat stomach. "Well, considering that we thought it was a good idea to sleep outside, in November, without any clothes... I should say so."

Last edited:
Title: Cheeky, Ain't She?
Pairing: Cheekyshipping (Max/Mira)
Rating: G!
Note: dared by darklord18 cause he lurves this ship. this drabble sucks jsyk. ):

His eyes were wide in shock, his hands tenderly touching his cheek as if it were precious treasure. His heart was pounding against his rib cage, almost hard enough to leap out; his body warm all over. His glasses were askew, and for once he did not correct them. His mouth was agape, trying to make out words but not able to, his breath seeming to have run out. Humming was heard from behind him, but he did not turn to see who it was.

The sound of footsteps faded as the girl with bubblegum pink hair sauntered off, still humming that pleasant song of hers, occasional giggles escaping her lips as she quickly turned her head around to glance at the boy. She giggled again and made here way along the path to her next destination.

"...I'm never washing this cheek again," Max muttered, blushing furiously. He swirled in his spot towards where the girl left.

But she was gone.

childxofxthexgrave

Master of Reality
Requesting a drabble here.

Pairing/s: Sabrina x Erika
Rating: PG-PG13 (Depends on how the author chooses to write it)
Plot Description: Sabrina and Erika are supposed to be having a romantic candlelit dinner, but a certain Haunter is making that quite hard.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
Title: My Hero
Author: Oceanus119
Pairing: Twinleaf shipping (Barry/Dawn)
Notes: Dared by The Renowned Obscurity

“AHH!”

Dawn screamed as she and Piplup were being chased by an onix inside a cave. She had gotten herself separated from Ash and Brock and while she was looking for her two companions, she had accidentally wandered into an Onix’s den and made a little too much noise, which really upset the Onix so it began to pursue her.

“Someone help me!” she continued to scream as she tried to find a way to get away from Onix. That’s easier said then done though. “Anybody? Ash? Brock? Please! Help me!” She had tried everything, even using Piplup’s Bubblebeam on Onix, which just upset it even more.

“Empoleon! Hydro Cannon!” Dawn heard, unable to recognize who that Empoleon belonged to.

The very next thing she knew, an Empoleon appeared and unleashed his Hydro Cannon attack on the Onix that had been pursuing her. Hold on a second, Dawn thought to herself while looking at the Empoleon, That looks like Barry’s Empoleon. Sure enough, she looked behind the Empoleon and she saw Barry. “It is Barry!”

Barry though didn’t seem to hear her, “Empoleon, now use Metal Claw!” Barry commanded. Dawn watched as Barry’s Empoleon used its attack on the Onix, which caused it to retreat. “Oh man, I wanted to catch it too.”

“Barry?” Dawn questioned.

Barry looked right at Dawn, “are you ok, Dawn?” he asked her.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Dawn replied, smiling a bit as her Piplup, which she held in her arms, replied, “Pip Piplup.”

Barry gave a relieved sigh, “Phew that’s good,” he said then looked around for Ash but didn’t see the raven-haired boy. “Where’s Ash? And Brock too?”

“Don’t know,” Dawn replied, looking down at the ground. “Piplup and I got separated and when we were searching for them, we came across that Onix’s den and it got angry. It began to chase us, which is when you showed up, Barry.”

“Oh I see,” Barry said, looking away down the path ahead of him and Dawn inside the cave. “Well, see you, Dawn.”

Before Dawn had the chance to say anything, Barry immediately head down the path towards the exit; his Empoleon followed behind him. “Barry!” Dawn called out after him but it was too late cause Barry disappeared from her sight.

“Not very patient, is he?” Dawn asked Piplup, who nodded in agreement. “Let’s go find Ash and Brock.”

“Lup!”

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Title: Skiyomi Isn't Feeling Well
Fandom: N/A
Pairing/s: Skiyomi/Darato
Note: Dared by Darato.

“I don’t know what to write about,” Skiyomi complained sourly, reaching for yet another root-beer barrel. All her lozenges were gone and she was in a foul mood.

“Just pick someone from this thread and write a drabble,” Darato commented. “It’s not too hard.”

Skiyomi sighed. Being sick was making it hard to take writing seriously at all. “Yeah, but who?” she pressed on.

Darato shrugged. “I don’t know… anyone. ~SkyHigh~, pokefan#493, Oceanus119, me…”

Skiyomi clicked a few keys on her keyboard. “Way to put yourself forward,” she replied.

“I didn’t mean—” Darato began.

“No, no, no. That’s fine,” Skiyomi said, holding up one hand and continuing to type with the other. “I’m just giving you a hard time for no good reason.”

“Or because you don’t feel well?” Darato tried diplomatically.

Skiyomi sighed again. “Yes. Yes indeed.”

“Why don’t I make you a cup of tea?” Darato offered.

Skiyomi’s face finally broke out into a grin. “That would be lovely.”

Title: On The Line
Pairing/s: Comashipping, Palletshipping
Note: drabble dare. personally I think it suuuucks. I tried. 8'(

"I challenge you to a one-on-one battle, Oak."

Gary turned towards the voice, noticing the plum-haired boy holding a pokeball at arm's length to him, a glare evident on his features. He sighed and wondered when he will ever get a break from trainers constantly challenging him.

"No way. Who are you, anyway?" he asked.

"The name's Paul," the boy answered, "and I'm an...acquaintance of a guy called Ash Ketchum. You know him, right?"

Gary's eyes widened for a bit. So he's Paul? he questioned himself. He saw the fire in the boy's eyes, and he realized that this was no ordinary challenge to see who's the better trainer -- it was to prove who was more suitable to be Ash's...rival -- or so both boys tried to convince themselves. Yes, just rivals. That's all.

Gary pulled a pokeball from the belt strapped around his waist and enlarged it, a feeling of needing to win, which he hasn't felt in years, arising inside him.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Title: Craziness
Author: ~SkyHigh~
Pairing/s: Pearlshipping (Ash/Dawn)
Rating: Dared by Espeon 114x

“Whoa! This is crazy!” Ash screamed at the top of his lungs,

He could not believe his eyes. Both him and Dawn were on YouTube, just watching videos and they came across so many videos of themselves being paired with, not just themselves, but with other characters from Pokemon. Am I really paired with everyone? I mean, literally everyone? Ash asked himself. “Why do most of these videos that we have watched so far mostly have me in them with either you, Misty, or May?”

Dawn shook her head, she really had no idea why. “Beats me, maybe everyone finds you such an easy target since you’re the main character,” Dawn began, looking over at Ash, “besides, as if you being with me, Misty, and May wasn’t bad enough, you’re even paired with Paul, Drew, Kenny, and Harley.”

Ash’s eyes widened with what she said, “WHAAT?!” He roared at the top of his lungs. “Don’t these shippers know that I’m your boyfriend?”

“Beats me, Ash.” Dawn said as she clicked onto the next video, “Wow, now you and Kari? Who the heck is Kari, Ash?”

Ash looked at Dawn in complete shock. Before him was a fan-made video with him being with a girl from a totally different. “I don’t know, I don’t even know the girl, why am I being paired with her?” he said as multiple thoughts crossed his mind.

These cruel shippers?! His mind screamed at him, am I really that much of an easy target?

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Title: Perfection
Author: Espeon 114x
Pairing/s: HeatTagshipping (Conway/Dawn) Hinted Pearl (Ash/Dawn)
Rating: I was dared x(

Dawn!

There’s always something about her. Conway’s not sure what it was but he’s never felt like that about anyone before.

But Dawn, she’s just so beautiful and perfect in every way possible with her long midnight blue hair and those brilliant sapphire eyes of hers. Oh, and her perfect figure. What guy wouldn’t such a perfect girl like her. And her amazing personality. She just stood out from all the other girls in this world.

She was, in fact, the girl of his dreams.

But she was crushing on that loser she’s been traveling with. What’s his name again? Oh yeah, Ash. He doesn’t know what she sees in him. Give him half the second and he’d make Dawn see that Ash isn’t the one for her but Conway is. Ash wasn’t capable of caring for her like he was.

Ash probably doesn’t even realize how perfect Dawn is.

Why would he anyways? All Ash seems to care about is Pokemon, gyms, and his stupid battles. He never thinks about anyone that he travels with, especially Dawn. She should be traveling with him, she should be with him. No one can give her the care and attention she needs, especially not Ash.

A smile came onto Conway’s face as a single thought crossed his mind: Just you wait, Dawn. One day, you will be mine!

Honestly, this was like so weird to write too. This ship gives me the creeps.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Title: Not Boring At All
Pairing/s: May/Gary
Note: Dared by Judgement.

It had all started when May rolled into a quaint little village that’s entire economy was based on making birdhouses for Hoothoot and Noctowl. The houses were cute in a crafty, twigs and pipe cleaners sort of way and apparently the villagers made a lot of money selling the houses to tourists. She’d made the mistake of asking the man at the stand in the village square how much a little cedar house would cost. It seemed like a fairly innocent, straightforward question to her, but somehow it had been a signal to the old craftsman that she would just love to listen to a never-ending lecture on whittling and birdseed.

She was trying to be polite and listen to what the old man had to say, but it was hard. Not only was the subject boring, but the smell of peanut-butter from the bird-feeders was making her hungry.

Her stomach growled and her attention strayed all the more. She looked over the old seller’s shoulder where a boy with brown hair was talking to a man with a Noctowl perched on his shoulder. The boy appeared to be engaged in a much more interesting conversation than she was, and was taking notes.

“Amazing,” the boy enthused. “So the entire town operates nocturnally for more than half the year?”

“Oh yes,” the man said with a proud nod. “We only have daylight hours during the warmer months – for the tourists, you know.”

“I’m sure that much mean a lot to the Pokemon,” the boy said. “Hoothoot and Noctowl can adapt to a diurnal sleep-cycle, and often do so for their trainers, but they’re really at their prime in their natural, nocturnal cycle. I’d love to compare the difference in strength and health between one of your town’s Noctowl’s and one raised by another trainer.”

The man gave a laugh. “Well, I suppose that’s an attitude one might expect from the grandson of the famous Professor Oak.”

May nearly fell down, much to the surprise of the stand owner who had been babbling away up until then. She stared at the boy, who had turned to look at her after the shocked sound she made. “You’re—Gary?”

And so the two of them, having introduced themselves to each other as friends of Ash, decided to stop off at a sandwich shop and talk. Both were traveling alone at the moment, so it was nice to see even a second-hand friend around. And they got to make fun of Ash in the good-natured spirit that those with mutual friends always do.

May had to admit, as she stabbed a straw through her juice-box, she had been very curious about Gary. She’d heard some things about him from Ash… and plenty of them were contradictory. Depending on the mood Ash was in, and just what part of memory lane he was strolling down, Gary was either a ‘conceited, big-headed jerk’ or one of his closest friends. It was odd.

But May couldn’t really account for some of the stuff she’d heard about Gary after meeting the real deal. He seemed so… nice. Polite, friendly, full of energy about what he was researching. She really couldn’t believe that this was the same guy that Ash had told her used to go around with a horde of cheerleaders and a convertible.

The cheerleader part seemed to have left lasting scars on Ash. She recalled him saying something about a real trainer not needing that kind of support. She couldn’t help but noticing that his opinions on cheerleaders had softened somewhat as of late. She rolled her eyes to herself. Typical.

But the cheerleader thing was kind of weird, and she was almost tempted to believe that Ash had made that up. Honestly… a ten-year-old with cheerleaders? No one with the kind of ego Gary had been described as having in the past would’ve actually hired a bunch of cheerleaders, which meant that they were just… following him of their own free will. Under his thrall or something. Can ten-year-olds have thrall? …I suppose his hair is kind of cool looking.

Oh God, I’m blushing.

Having a… thrall like that over people… he must be really popular. Kind of intimidating now, isn’t it?

But he seemed so friendly and down to earth. She had to believe he’d undergone a major transformation. He couldn’t be the same person Ash had described from when they first started out on their journey. She just couldn’t believe it after talking to him.

…Except… except that in a way she could. She couldn’t nail down what it was, but… he was just an inch too sure of himself. Not that a little confidence is a bad thing… but she wondered where some guys got off being so confident.

“So,” Gary said, putting down his coffee cup. “I was thinking of interviewing some of these shop-keepers about their birdhouses.”

May was just thinking that he was probably in for a boring time when he asked: “Wanna come with?”

She froze.

“Unless you think it’d be too boring,” Gary added.

She honestly didn’t know what possessed her to respond quickly with a: “It wouldn’t be boring at all!”

Thrall. That’s what it was. Thrall.

Title: Always By Your Side
Author: TRO
Pairing/s: Warpshipping (Mira/Abra)
Note: Dared by darklord18.

"We'll be taking your Abra, little girl! Once we force it to evolve, it will be of great use to our Boss..." The Team Rocket Grunts closed in on Mira and her Pokemon, holding up a net. Instead of getting away, Mira's Abra stepped forward to protect his Trainer from any harm.

"Abra, no!" The Grunt swung down his net as soon as Mira leapt for her Psychic Pokemon. But in a flash, Abra had teleported away, leaving Mira behind.

"Darn it!" The black-clad criminal cursed his luck. "Looks like we're gonna have to find a new target."

The two men left, while Mira stayed behind, tears rolling down her eyes. "Come back to me, Abra!" the pink-haired girl called out, to no response.

She got up off the ground, brushed off her white tights and wiped the tears off her face. She was going to find Abra no matter what.

Mira searched and searched the day long, until the sun began to set behind the trees. "Abra, where are you?" She was so close to just plopping down in the dirt in defeat, when she saw a shadowy figure resting against a tree. "...Abra?"

Running up to the figure, she saw that it indeed was her Pokemon, eyes closed in rest. "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I found you!" Mira grabbed her sleeping Pokemon, startling him awake. He was about to teleport away again, until he realized it was the slender arms of his Trainer cradling him in a warm embrace.

"Please, don't ever leave me like that again Abra. I was so worried." A few tears dropped out of Mira's magenta eyes. Her Psychic Pokemon nodded, understanding, and snuggled closer to her.

"And I promise I won't ever leave you either," Mira continued. "We'll be partners forever."

Mira leaned back against the tree with Abra in her lap, and the two of them drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Last edited:
Title: Pika Pika
Pairing/s: Pikapearlshipping (Dawn/Pikachu)
Note: dare!

A small, slightly chubby yellow rodent bolted out of an orange tent, his eyes widened in fear as the flaps of said tent opened to reveal an outraged girl with a ridiculous hair style coming after him.

"Pikachu, what did I tell you about waking me up with your electric jolts?!" she shouted. The poor pikachu in pursuit regretted what he did, fully knowing before hand that doing such an action caused her to go on a rampage. He couldn't help it, though -- it was just hilarious seeing her with her hair puffed up like that!

He stopped running and faced her wrath, preparing for the worst of all scoldings. He was shocked, pun intended, when the girl picked him up and enveloped him in an embrace instead of blowing her top off at him.

"Pikachu... You don't have to be that scared. Seeing you with that guilty expression just makes me want to forgive you on the spot and hug you 'till you can't be hugged no more!" She tightened the hug, a cute smile gracing her features. Pikachu beamed up at her and tried to return the hug as best as he could with his small stature. He squeaked when she brought him up higher and kissed him lightly on one of his red-pouched cheeks, not caring if her hair exploded in sparkles and frizz from direct contact with the electricity.

Even with all the sparks and diamond-like glitter in her midnight-blue hair, Pikachu noticed that it was her eyes that held the brightest shine, rivaling that of the stars in the night sky and the beacon of light at Sunyshore's lighthouse.

pretty corny, but ultimately sweet~

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Title: Hair Care
Pairing/s: Iris/Kibago
Note: Dared by darklord18.

The sun rose on another fine day in Isshu. Ash rose and stretched noisily as Iris slid out of her sleeping bag and perched on a rock.

“Morning,” Ash said to her. “Good morning, Pikachu,” he added, as Pikachu scampered up to him. He looked around blearily for his hat and shoved it over his messy hair without ceremony.

Iris, however, took out a wire brush from her things and began running it through her thick mane of hair. “One, two, three, four,” she said to herself as the brush separated the strands of her purple hair.

Ash surveyed her with an odd, still-half-asleep look. “How long are you gonna do that for?”

“One hundred times on each side,” Iris answered promptly.

Ash scratched his head. “That much? Geez, and here I was thinking you wouldn’t care about that kind of stuff.”

Iris crossed her arms and glared at him. “Quit acting like such a kid! If I don’t brush it, it’ll get all tangled and messy.” She gave him a sly look. “Just because you wanna run around with hat hair doesn’t meant the rest of us do.”

Ash ignored this comment as it would invariably lead to the revelation that he didn’t even own a hairbrush. He had at one point. His mom, being conscientious about these kinds of things, had packed him one. He’d ‘lost’ it shortly after leaving home. Off a cliff.

So he just patted Pikachu fondly on the head and let Iris get back to her hair care. He reached for his jacket and looked around their encampment. Something was… missing…

“Hey,” he said. “Where’s Kibago?”

As if on cue, a yelp of pain shot out from Iris’s direction; more specifically, from Iris’s hair.

Iris gasped and pulled Kibago out from her mass of locks. Three sharp scratches glowed red on its nose, and its eyes were brimming with tears.

“What happened?” she exclaimed.

“Kibago must have crawled in your hair when you were sleeping,” Ash said. “Then, when you started brushing your hair, you accidentally scratched it with your brush.”

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Iris cried out, as Kibago started to whimper. “I had no idea you were in there!” She could sense a sob on the horizon and was out to stop it before it started. “Here, it’ll feel better soon!” She leaned down and kissed it right on its nose.

“It didn’t look that hurt to me,” Ash commented.

Iris ignored him. She pulled away from Kibago and surveyed it with wide, blinking eyes. “You okay now?” she asked.

Kibago nodded vigorously, its eyes happy little half-circles and each of its cheeks dotted with a little pink cloud.

“Good!” Iris enthused, pulling Kibago into a hug.

They could get around the hair brushing thing, Iris thought. Kibago wouldn’t want to get scratched up again in any case, so it’d avoid the brush. But she was a little worried about it intruding in other hair care related activities: namely, well… shampooing and conditioning. She might have to have a little chat with it about boundaries.

…But of course that could wait until its nose healed up!

darklord18

Title: trick or treat
Author: darklord18
Pairing: Cheekyshipping (Max/Mira)
Rating: G!
Note: dared by Skiyomi
“Trick or treat” said a red hair girl who was dress like a witch as she and a boy who was dress in a wizard outfit. knock on a door

The door open and a guy came out with a bowl of sweats.

“Here you kids.” Said the guy as he gave some to them.

“Thank you Mister.” Said the two as they walk of with the lady who had the same hair color as the girl.

“Isn’t this fun Max?” said the girl as she turn to the boy.

“Yeah it is.” Said Max who was just glad to be with the girl who was call Mira.

“Thanks for taking me.” Said Mira.

“Your welco…..” said Max but was interrupted when suddenly Mira lent over and kiss him on the cheek, making the pair blush while Mira mom giggle.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Title: Theme Music
Pairing: Ash/Piplup
Note: Dared by ~SkyHigh~.

“Wow! This is much better than Pokegear,” Ash commented, running his finger across the screen of the shiny technology that was his new iPod Touch.

“Well, all Pokegear has is a radio,” Dawn pointed out sensibly as Piplup jumped out of her arms and scampered curiously over to Ash. “It’s not supposed to be for music storage.”

“Yeah, well, it should be,” Ash said, putting together a playlist with one hand and inserting earbuds into his ears with the other.

Dawn tilted her head to the side. “Why?” After all, you could only expect so much from technology. It had a radio, a complete phone listing, a map, a… clock. Alright, so maybe Apple could stuff more functions into a device you could fit in your palm, but there had to be a limit. Next people would be demanding that their gear could wash their dishes and babysit their kids. It was a mad world.

Ash pumped his fist. “Well, how else am I supposed to listen to my theme music?”

A bead of sweat formed on Dawn’s forehead. “…Theme music?” she repeated doubtfully.

“Of course!” Ash said, not noticing Piplup pulling insistently on his pant leg for attention. “I’ve gotta have my theme music for when I’m battling! How else am I supposed to get in the zone?”

“…And what’s your theme music?” Dawn asked, wondering if she even wanted to know the answer.

“‘You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid’ by the Offspring,” Ash said as if the answer was obvious.

There was a beat of silence that was only broken by Piplup’s efforts to jump up and take the shiny device from Ash.

“Okay, that is so not your theme music,” Dawn said finally.

“Oh, come on! Sure it is!” Ash said.

“PIPLUP!” Piplup yelped, tired of listening to the big people talk about trivial things.

“Huh?” Ash said, looking down.

“Piplup?” Dawn said, following suit. She hunkered down by her tearful Pokemon’s side. “Aww. Did you want to see Ash’s new iPod Touch?” she asked.

“Is that it, Piplup?” Ash asked.

Piplup nodded with a little whimper: “Piplup!”

Ash’s face broke into a grin. “Sure! Go ahead!” he said, passing the player down to the Pokemon.

“Are you sure you wanna do that, Ash?” Dawn asked concernedly as Piplup joyously took the little device into his flippers.

“Yeah, it’s no problem,” Ash said with a shrug.

Piplup tried to copy what he’d seen Ash do with the iPod, but the device didn’t seem to want to react to his touch. He frustratedly tried to most the list of songs along, but to no avail.

“Looks like that thing wasn’t designed for flippers,” Dawn observed.

Piplup seemed to have figured this out too, which was why he chose a more precise approach; namely, he pecked his beak down on the screen to select the option he wanted.

“Piplup, no!” Dawn called out. “You’ll break the screen!”

“Relax, Dawn,” Ash said. “Let him play.”

Dawn turned to him in surprise. “But Ash… Piplup might break it that way. Wasn’t in expensive?”

“Well, sure,” Ash said. “But he’s just having fun. He’d be sad if I took it away from him.”

Dawn gaped. “So… that makes it okay if he breaks it?”

Ash shrugged. “There are more important things than iPods.”

Dawn looked from Ash, to Piplup happily pecking at the device, dancing around to the song he’d selected. How could it be that Ash was more tolerant of her own Pokemon than she was? More important things…

“More important than theme music?” Dawn asked.

“Way more important,” Ash answered with a nod.

Title: Automatic Reaction
Pairing: Brock/Holly
Note: Dared by Oceanus119.

Holly was grateful – grateful that she’d gotten over her feelings of inadequacy and a need to prove herself. Because she was finally back with Brock in a place she’d long hoped to earn. They’d been dating for nearly a week now and both were in seventh heaven. She knew she hadn’t thought much of him at first, but at a second look, Brock was near perfect. He was kind, compassionate, strong, he knew everything there was to know about Pokemon, he could pull off a dark green and orange color-scheme like nobody’s business, and on top of that he was an excellent cook. And if all that wasn’t enough, now he was studying to be a doctor. A doctor. Ever since Holly had been seven years old, her imaginary prince charming had been a doctor. …Which she supposed made him Dr. Prince Charming.

And it would’ve all been just absolutely great in a guess-it’s-time-to-start-mentally-designing-the-bridesmaids’-outfits way, if it weren’t for…

“My heart! You, yes, you! What other woman but one of such unsurpassed beauty such as yourself could’ve stolen something so precious to me!”

“Brock!” Holly scolded.

Brock dropped the hands of the surprised female medical intern and looked up at her as if just coming out of a trance. He looked around and then sheepishly let his face fall into his hand. “I did it again, didn’t I?”

Holly frowned. She knew it wasn’t that Brock was disloyal… no, it wasn’t exactly that. It was just that he’d been unhappily single for so long and he always tried so hard that it had just become… an automatic reaction that happened every time he saw anything female and vaguely attractive. She knew he loved her. This was just… a habit that needed to be broken. He just needed to adjust the fact that he didn’t need to search for love anymore; that he’d already found it.

And she knew she could be patient for him.

“Nurse Joy!” Brock cried out, as one of the many Joy-clones approached. “Never have I seen a Joy with such beautiful hair, such soulful eyes, and – dare I say it – such a loving heart!”

“Umm… what?” the hapless Nurse said, trying to get her hands back.

Holly cringed. Patient, patient, I can be…

“Wingull, water-gun!” she commanded.

Wingull gave a cry and soared around in a graceful swoop, hitting Brock full on with a cannon of water and then landing proudly back on its mistress’s shoulder.

Her composure back, Holly patted Wingull on the beak. “You cooled off now?” she asked.

Brock, dripping wet in his lab coat, bowed in shame. “Yes, ma’am,” he said.

“Excellent.”

Romanticide

Title: Wavering Feelings
Author: Romanticide
Pairing: Cheren x Bel, hinted N x Touko
Note: Dare

[SPOIL]"Aw, c'mon Cheren! It's at least kind of fun..." Bel was becoming slightly annoyed at how unenthusiastic Cheren was. Besides, how often do you get to ride the ferris wheel with your best friend?
Cheren was fairly unimpressed with the whole ordeal. He just couldn't see what the big deal was about some silly ferris wheel.
"I'm only here because Touko insisted that this would be a" Cheren made quotation marks in the air,"great experience."
"That's because it is a great experience! Touko-chan said that this would help us get a bit closer, since it worked for her and N-kun," Bel said, giving Cheren her classic puppy-dog look.
"Closer?"
"I, um... just mean that it's been awhile since just you and I have gotten to hang out. 'Cause of our traveling and such," Bel said, almost revealing her feelings for Cheren.
"Huh."
For a moment they just sat there. Bel was twiddling her thumbs, feeling slightly dejected. Cheren stared out of the window, looking at the city below. Suddenly, something big and heavy landed on top of the carriage Cheren and Bel were in.
"What in the world---" Bel remarked, but then she noticed that Cheren was clinging to her arm.
Cheren quickly recoiled as soon as he realized what he was doing. A slight blush spread across his face.
"Just a Hatooboo, probably," Cherensaid, hoping Bel hadn't noticed.
"Yeah, probably," Bel replied. She smiled to herself, thinking this ride wasn't so useless, afterall.

"Good job, Baru-chan!" Touko said, gazing at her Barujiina atop the ferris wheel carriage through her binoculars.[/SPOIL]

Status
Not open for further replies.