• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Short & Sweet: Drabbles Galore

xEryChan

Demon Child
Just want to clear some stuff. I know there is a rule that says drabbles only but I am perfectly okay with you guys reviewing drabbles in here. All that I ask is that you put a little more thoughts into a review, rather than, “I really like it” or “I really hate it”.

Carry on

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Title: Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'
Author: Pikachu Fan Number Nine
Fandom: Pokemon
Pairing: Pokeshipping (Ash/Satoshi X Kasumi/Misty), HandymanShipping (Tracey/Kenji X Daisy/Sakura), BondingShipping (Gary/Shigeru X Lillie), BreederShipping (Brock/Takeshi X Suzie/Yuki)
Rating: T
Notes: Inspired by the TV show Rawhide, thus has an old West-like setting

"We have 3,000 head of Tauros and Miltank we must get to Goldenrod City" trail boss Ash Ketchum said.

"These should fetch us about 20 Pokeyen a head" ramrod Tracey Sketchit said.

"We got all the supplies we need," scout Gary Oak said.

"I'll do the cooking as usual", cook Brock Slate said.

"So let's head 'em up, and move 'em out!" Ash yelled so that the cattle Pokemon drive began heading out from Fuchsia City.

They decided to stop in Azalea Town to get some drinks at the Bug Stops Here Saloon.

Ash caught the attention of a red-headed saloon girl who served him a beer. "What's a nice raven-haired cowboy doing in a town like this?"

"I'm a trail boss trying to get some Tauros and Miltank to Goldenrod City. The name's Ketchum, Ash Ketchum", Ash said.

"I'm Misty", the saloon girl said. "You are very handsome, I want to get out of this Arceus-forsaken town and ride along with you, if only I had the money."

Ash said, "you want to have a life with me huh? Being part of a cattle drive is hard work."

Misty said, "better than serving drinks to low-brow people all the time."

Meanwhile Tracey and Gary were playing cards with two other girls, named Daisy and Lillie.

Daisy thought Tracey was cute, Lillie had her eyes set on Gary.

"You play a nice game of poker, Tracey," Daisy said.

"I've never seen anyone nicer than you Gary," Lillie said.

"Maybe when we're done delivering these cattle Pokemon we can spend quality time together", Tracey said.

"How's that sound?" Gary asked.

Lillie said, "that would be wonderful".

"The most pleasant thing in the world" Daisy said.

Brock was checking out the girl playing the piano, who had green hair. She was playing songs like "Oh Susanna" and "Camptown Races".

"You're really good at the piano, you know that?" Brock said.

"Thanks, my name is Suzie", the piano player said.

Brock introduced himself, "my name is Brock, I'm the cook for a cattle Pokemon drive."

Suzie said, "that sounds nice, if you're on a job now, maybe when you finish that job you can come back here and we can go on a date?"

Brock said, "that would be mighty fine."

Once the men finished their delivery of the cattle Pokemon, they made good on their promises to spend time with the girls they met in Azalea Town.

---

Title: Steam
Pairing: Kiawe/Kaki X Lana/Suiren
Rating: K
Notes: A drabble inspired by Peter Gabriel's song "Steam". The title also refers to the fact that water (Lana's specialty) becomes steam when exposed to excessive heat (relating to fire, Kiawe's specialty).

Kiawe loved Lana. He knew everything about her. He knew that she was calm and gentle, sincere and playful. He knew that she liked to tell jokes. But Lana was all that he knew about.

Lana didn't know anything about herself though. She was unaware of anything that defined her character. She knew a lot about everything else though. She could talk for hours about Pokemon, Poke Base, school, anything her other friends could throw at her.

That's why the other students of the Pokemon school didn't seem to get the romance between Kiawe and Lana.

As the students left the school Kiawe and Lana shared a kiss. "You're my everything, Lana. Even though you are the only thing I know about in my life other than what I learn in school," Kiawe said.

"I love you more than anything Kiawe, you make me complete inside" Lana said.

The other students just glanced and walked away.

---

Title: Eggciting News
Pairing: Ash's Staraptor/Satoshi's Mukuhawk X Ash's Unfezant/Satoshi's Kenhallow
Notes: This drabble features hatching of bird Pokemon chicks. Normally in the games mating of Pokemon produces only one egg at a time. However this fic tries to be more in line with real life and features 8 babies hatched to the couple, as many birds in real life lay multiple eggs at a time.

Professor Kukui noticed Ash was in a hurry while packing some bags.

"Ash, what's the rush?" Kukui said.

"I have to fly back home immediately, Professor Oak has got big news regarding two of my Pokemon," Ash said.

Kukui said, "oh I see, must be very important"

Ash said, "it is."

Ash left for the airport with his bags and Pikachu in tow.

Boarding a plane to Pallet Town, he wondered what the big news Oak had for him.

The plane touched down in Pallet Town, waiting for him were Professor Oak and Delia Ketchum, Ash's mother.

"Hi, Ash", Delia said.

"Hi, mom," Ash said.

"We can have mother-son time later, I need you to come back to my lab Ash, I need to show you something," Professor Oak said.

Ash and Oak went to the lab, and headed to the field where Ash's Pokemon that were not being used currently were living.

"Several months ago, your Staraptor, a male, bonded with your Unfezant, a female, to the point where they mated," Professor Oak said. "While they are of different species, they are compatible with one another and so they can mate, and they did. They even built a nest, and look inside."

Inside the nest were 8 eggs. 4 of them had one design, the other 4 had another. "Since this is a mixed couple, some of the eggs are Starly eggs, the others are Pidove eggs," Oak said, "and it's been long enough, they are going to hatch any moment now."

Staraptor and Unfezant, the parents, awaited the hatching of their babies. Both Pokemon were sitting on the clutch when cracking noises began to be heard.

The eggs were hatching.

Out came 4 each Starly and Pidove.

Oak said, "baby bird Pokemon feed on Caterpie, but since Staraptor and Unfezant can't leave my lab, me and my assistants will bring Caterpie over to feed the babies."

Ash said, "I never would have guessed 2 of my bird Pokemon would have become parents."

Staraptor and Unfezant were now proud parents of a brood of baby Starly and Pidove.

---

Title: We've Got News for You
Pairing: VoodooShipping (Harley X Zoey/Nozomi)

"That will do it for tonight's news, I'm Harley Davidson", a male news anchor with purple hair said.

"And I'm Zoey Stewart, catch us tomorrow night at the same time, on this very station," a female news anchor with red hair said.

"And cut!" the producer said. "Another great newscast from the two of you."

"We make a great team," Harley said.

"We're even better considering we're an item," Zoey said.

"Normally romance in the workplace doesn't work out, but you two are an exception," the producer said.

"Our chemistry is exceptional," Harley said.

"Both at the anchor desk and in our personal lives. In fact we're about to go on a date right now," Zoey said.

"I won't keep you two," the producer said.

Harley and Zoey went to the room to change their clothes into street clothes, and headed to a fancy coffee shop where a musical act was performing.

---

Title: Coffee Shop Confession
Pairing: ContestShipping (Drew/Shu X May/Haruka)

"So this is the famous coffee shop in Lumoise City that Serena was telling us about?" May said.

Drew and May traveled all the way to Lumoise City just to go on a date – at the recommendation of their friend Serena, going to a famous coffee shop in the city known as Illbrewminating Java.

"Just as good as place as any for a date," Drew said.

The two walked inside the coffee shop and sat themselves at a table.

A waiter brought them a menu.

"What can I get this lovely couple today?" the waiter asked.

"I don't know what I want, everything seems so good," May said.

Drew was also indecisive as to what he wanted, "so many choices here."

The waiter suggested an espresso mochaccino with various varieties of macarons.

Drew said, "that sounds interesting, we'll take two."

The waiter went to get the order prepared for them, meanwhile Drew brought out a rose.

"All these times I said these were for you Beautifly, I was lying. They were really for you," Drew said.

"I knew that," May said.

Later, the waiter brought the espresso mochaccinos and the macarons.

Drew and May enjoyed them. This was quite a good date for the two of them.

---

Title: Tunnel of Love
Pairing: ColosseumShipping (Wes/Leo X Rui/Mirei)

Wes and Rui had enjoyed their date at the Phenac City Fair so far.

"There's but one thing left to do Rui," Wes said, pointing to a tunnel-like attraction.

"You mean, that?" Rui said.

"Yes, the Tunnel of Love," Wes said.

Wes and Rui went over to the Tunnel of Love where they got on a boat.

During their ride, they engaged in a passionate kiss.

"That was really fun", Rui said.

"Indeed it was. They don't call it a Tunnel of Love for no reason," Wes said.

Indeed they do not call it that for no reason. Tunnels of Love are where couples show affection one way or another.

---

Title: Smashing
Pairing: RangerShipping (Lunick/Kazuki X Solana/Hinata)

"Wanna play some Smash Wii U?" Lunick asked Solana.

"Sure, nothing better to do on a Tuesday night," Solana answered.

Lunick picked Shulk and Solana picked Lucina in a 5-stock match on Kalos Pokemon League.

At several points, each one said, "gotcha!" as each played scored a KO.

Finally, each fighter was down to their last stock. Suddenly a Smash Ball appeared.

Lunick and Solana fought for the right to unleash their Final Smash.

Lunick won out, and his Shulk, who was on the Buster Monado Art, dealt the finishing blow.

"That was a good game," Lunick said.

"Yeah it was, wanna play again sweetheart?" Solana said.

"Sure my love," Lunick said.

Last edited:

Avietta_Ikarilove

Softly with grace
Just here to post some Fictober drabbles I've been writing up

Title: Lost
Author: Avietta_Ikarilove
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Pairing: Holyn/Ayra
Notes: Day one’s prompt is “Can you feel this?”

“Can you feel this?” Aideen asked, pressing down on his knee.

Holyn shook his head. It was strange to see something and almost expect that flare of pain that was supposed to seize him, and yet receive nothing, feel nothing. His body did not react. It was strange, even after years as a mercenary and gladiator.

Aideen’s eyes dimmed. They had lost a sense of hope. She did not say anything, simply turning away to gather sprigs of herbs from the infirmary. Holyn stared after her with his uninjured eye.

They had lost everything. Sigurd, their purpose, their army, their friendships. All of it was gone in the wake of a strong fire that had been meant to kill and recreate, not meant for the reforging of bonds that had been broken.

That fire had claimed the senses in his left leg and almost half of his face. He could not see out of his right eye, could not breathe from his right nostril. When he tried to smile, the muscles along his right cheek only managed to pull out a bit, resulting in a crooked half-smile that just looked and felt wrong.

Most of all, that fire had claimed her. The person he had promised to protect. There was nothing left of her but ashes and a melted sword that had served as a replacement for the one he had gifted her during their time in Agustria.

“How bad is it?” Holyn asked when Aideen returned. She took in a deep breath.

“...I do not know if you will be able to walk properly ever again,” she responded with a soft voice. “The muscles have been harshly damaged, and quite a time has passed since you received this injury. It I had been able to treat this injury immediately after you received, perhaps I could have saved you, but—”

“Ha… that’s what I get for letting her die,” he said bitterly. Aideen simply shook her head sadly and offered him a bottle of crushed herbs.

“For any pain you may feel. It’s a numbing agent.”

“Thank you,” he murmured, and made to stand. Aideen helped him up and lent him her arm to use for support.

“Where will you go now?” Aideen questioned softly as he limped away from the infirmary.

Holyn fell silent. He did not know, to tell the truth, but he knew there was only one thing he could do.

“Wherever my children go,” he answered. “Which means I will go with you to Isaach.”

“...Your presence will be much appreciated,” Aideen stated. Holyn managed a small smile.

“It is the least I can do,” he replied. No words were exchanged between them afterwards, even when Holyn veered away from his room and made for the nursery.

Aideen left him once she made sure he was well-supported against the wall and had a nearby chair to sit in. He watched her retreating back before leaning into the nearby crib and picking up his daughter.

Larcei laughed in excitement once she saw who it was, reaching out her pudgy fingers to touch her father’s face. A sense of confusion ran across the baby’s face as she touched his new burns, and he winced.

“Don’t do that, baby,” he commanded in a tender tone.

Gently, he took his daughter’s hand—gods, it was so small and tender, just like her mother’s—and rested it against his heart.

“...Can you feel this?” he asked softly. His daughter let out a giggle, and Holyn smiled.

“I’m still alive,” he whispered. “I’m not going to up and leave you. I promise.”

Title: Storefront
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Fates
Pairing: Xander/Nyx
Notes: Day four’s prompt is “Will that be all?”

The next time Nyx saw Xander was when she went into the staff store. He stood there behind the counter—today was his day to operate the store, it seemed. It made sense; he always seemed to be on duty after the days that his retainer Laslow was.

“Welcome,” he greeted when she came in.

“Good morning,” she replied somewhat curtly. “Have you any Fimbulvetr and Nosferatu tomes?”

“I believe we have both,” Xander said.

“Then I will take two of each.”

“Will that be all?”

“Yes,” Nyx replied. Xander nodded and disappeared into the storage room in the back of the store.

Prince Xander was… a strange figure in her life. He had originally been an enemy—a person she could only view as evil due to his royal heritage. But now… their hearts had been bared to each other. He came to her for advice, and she came to him for a fresh perspective. They were something Nyx had not had in such a while—friends.

The sound of footsteps snapped her out of her thoughts, and she looked up to see Prince Xander coming back to the front counter with four books in his arms.

“Two Fimbulvetr tomes,” he said, pushing them out in front of her, “and Two Nosferatu tomes.” With that, he slid the other two tomes towards her.

“My thanks,” she gave him a smile and traded him a handful of gold. He thanked her and put the gold away.

“Might I ask for what purpose you are buying these?”

Nyx blinked before nodding. “The two Hoshidan mages, Orochi and Hayato, were expressing interest in Nohrian tomes. They wished for me to show them our magic traditions, and in exchange they would teach me about Hoshidan traditions.”

“I see,” Prince Xander said. “I do not wish to offend you, but I must say that I am glad to see you getting along with others.”

Nyx raised an eyebrow, but did not express an offended attitude.

“You are a wise woman, Nyx. I believe you would do well to share that wisdom with others. Continue to encourage the young people as you are doing.”

“Well, then, I am flattered. My thanks, Prince Xander.”

“It is nothing you should concern yourself with,” he replied, a genuine smile on his face.

Title: Someone Like Him
Fandom: Pokémon
Pairing: N/A
Notes: Day five’s prompt is “Take what you need.”

He had never met someone like him. Someone who was not a Pokémon. Someone who did not make noises like his companions; someone who could speak to him in the soft syllables of his own language.

So what else could he do but stare when he saw that strange figure sitting in the clearing where Zorua had first approached him?

It looked like him, the figure did. Long, gangly limbs, and fur—hair, Darmanitan had told him, that was what his kind called it—that fell down to its shoulders, just like his own.

The figure was glancing around, and he stared at it through the bushes. He was fiddling with his paws—hands, Darmanitan scowled—and a strange square-like object.

A rustle in a bush across the clearing turned both his and the figure’s attention towards it. Zorua dashed out, prancing across the clearing. In an instant, the figure had a hand on Zorua’s collar and was pulling it closer, staring at it with menacing red eyes.

His blood filled with heat. Anger blurred his vision. He charged forward without thinking, growling menacingly.

The figure dropped Zorua, seemingly startled in the same way other Pokémon were when he would playfully pounce on them out of nowhere.

“A child?” the figure asked, dropping Zorua.

Child. That was what he was—he had heard those syllables said from his parents when he was young and not living in the wilderness.

The figure said something—most likely something he was supposed to answer—but he could not understand. He simply tilted his head, feeling Zorua rush to his side and hide behind him.

“I do not get,” he spoke, his voice raspy from disuse. The figure’s eyes widened.

“You… can speak?”

“What… is speak?”

“You… you get my words?”

“Yes. I… I am not Pokémon. I know words.”

“Not well, child,” the figure responded, but a small smile came over his lips, and he offered his hand. In his palm were various berries, some that he had never seen. "Please, take what you need."

"Is... Is okay?" he asked, his eyes widening. The figure nodded, and watched him take one, waiting for him to tentatively bite into it before asking a question.

“Child, are you… one? With the Pokémon?”

“Not one. But I… I t—tal—ta…”

“Talk?”

“Yes! I talk with my friends!” he felt his lips curl up into a great smile.

“The Pokémon are… your friends?” the figure asked, eyes alight with something similar to excitement.

“Yes!” he responded. “My best friends! I… mom and dad do not have. Only best friends.”

The figure’s—no, the man’s—eyes softened with a sense of pity. “Your mom and dad, are they gone?”

“Gone?” N repeated in confusion.

“Not here,” the man said.

“Y—Yes. Mom and dad… not here.”

“Do you have a name, child?”

“N...Name?” he stuttered, tilting his head. He could remember that word, he understood it, he knew it—“Ah!” N gasped, and then felt his shoulders sag. “I… do not have.”

“I see,” the man mused, and then said, “Then… your name is Natural. N for short.”

“N—Natural. N for short,” N repeated, and then smiled. Somehow, it felt right.

Title: No Longer Children
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Notes: I'm sad now
Day six’s prompt is “I heard enough, this ends now.”

The mountains of Macedon loomed in front of her. If she craned her head, she would be able to see where the peaks met the wispy clouds in the bright blue sky.

Her home. She had returned, but not to peace or Michalis’s smiles or Maria’s hugs. Instead, it was to turmoil and to the grasps of Michalis’s tyrannical reign and to the crumbling of the proud kingdom Macedon.

The distant flapping of wyvern wings grew louder. She closed her eyes, steeling herself.

The sound of wyvern roars and wings exploded, thundering down. She heard Prince Marth unsheathe his sword and let out the cry to charge forth.

Minerva’s eyes snapped open, and she soared forward. She was barely aware of Palla, Catria, and Est at her side, and silently thanked the gods for the companions that willingly stood by her side in this time of harshness.

She raised her axe and clashed with the enemy. A wyvern fell to the ground, its rider following it. Another rider clenched tightly onto his bleeding arm. Catria delivered a finishing blow to the man blocking Minerva’s path.

It was as though the sea had parted, and at the end was him. The tyrant, the brute, the man who had killed their father.

“Michalis,” she said, and swallowed.

How had it come to this? Michalis… what had made him deal the horror of death upon their loving father? Somewhere in her heart, she had always known.

Yet now, as they faced each other in a sky of blood and corpses and beasts, she wished—not for the first time—that she had not known. That they could have been a family. That they could have lived happily.

But that would not have brought an end to the tragic war occurring. That would not have set Minerva free from the clutches of the Dolhr Empire as Prince Marth and his companions had.

And so she resolved to fight. Her grip on her axe tightened as Michalis began to speak.

“Minerva.” He smiled sinisterly, so unlike the kind brother he had once been. “I have missed you, Sister. Come, let us embrace one last time.”

“Michalis…”

“Well?” He looked at her with expectant eyes. Her heart wrenched. “Will you not strike me down? Or must I be the first?”

When she spoke, her voice was soft, her words full of the feelings of her heart. “...You will not lay down your axe and allow us to speak? To save this bloodshed?”

He barked out a cold laugh. Her skin crawled with discomfort at the sound of it.

“Come now, Minerva!” He snarled. “We cannot be children again, swayed by simple platitudes. We have come upon a fork, and we have diverged upon two paths.” He spun his axe, pointing it at his sister. “I’ve heard enough. This ends now!”

“...Very well, then,” Minerva relented, brandishing her own axe. “Embrace you I shall, my dear brother!”

Avietta_Ikarilove

Softly with grace
Here are the rest of my Fictober drabbles!

Title: Goodbye, but Only for Now
Pairing: Ced/Tine
Notes: Day eleven’s prompt is “But I will never forget!”

The sun had barely lifted its head above the horizon when he left Belhalla behind him.

He had said his goodbyes to Fee, Arthur, and Seliph last night. There was just one person he had not spoken to, but he had decided not to. He knew he could not bear to leave her behind as she watched him leave, and so he did not say his goodbye to her.

Footsteps sounded behind him. He turned, expecting Fee, or Arthur, or Seliph.

Who he saw was not who he had wanted to see. She stopped in front of him, the look in her eyes unreadable.

“Tine…” he smiled bittersweetly.

“Were you just… going to leave? Without telling me?” she asked in a soft voice.

“...I did not mean to,” Ced murmured. “But we both have lots to do, and so I could not bring myself to speak with you.”

“So you thought it was best to just leave me?” she questioned angrily. “I don’t need to be protected, Ced! I know we can’t stay together! If you would’ve just told me, maybe I wouldn’t have been hurt by your departure!”

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “But… I think it’d be best if you forgot about me.”

He didn’t want to hurt her. The people of Grannvale needed time to recover—no, everyone in Jugdral did. Marriage of royals was already something people did not believe in, let alone marriage to someone outside of one’s native country.

“Please… just forget about us.”

“I… I can try all I want, but I will never forget!” Tine cried, shaking her head. “Promise me… one day, when we are past our rule… we will be able to be together.”

But he loved her. He could say whatever he wanted, but he loved her. He knew it, deep down in his heart.

“...I promise,” he murmured, and his hand found hers. She squeezed it tightly, tears beginning to form at the corners of her eyes. He pressed a kiss against her forehead.

They stood there, their silhouettes highlighted by the rising sun. Soon, they would be King Ced of Silesse and Lady Tine of the House of Freege. But now, they were Ced and Tine, with promises of a life together.

Title: Family Magic
Notes: Day thirteen’s prompt is “Try harder, next time.”

“Let’s start with some warm-ups,” Nyx stated, glancing over the piles of tomes beside them. “Which one would you like to use?”

“I’ll take Fimbulvetr,” Siegbert replied, and Nyx raised her eyebrows before smiling with pride.

“Have you been practicing?” she asked as soon as he cast a sparkling ball of magic across the training field.

“Somewhat,” he answered. “Although I know there is still much to learn.”

“We will leap the hurdle when we get there. For now, continue practicing.”

“Yes, Mother,” Siegbert nodded and began to flip through the tome in his hands.

In the moons after the war’s end, a great amount of work had piled up on the royal family’s desk, much of it falling on King Xander, Queen Nyx’s, and Prince Siegbert’s shoulders. Of course, Laslow and Soleil would have none of them overworking themselves, and oft chased them out of their rooms on walks or activities that did not require staring at paperwork. It became routine that, when they were chased out of their rooms, Nyx and Siegbert would practice magic.

It was hard to say what had encouraged him to learn the art his mother wielded so gracefully. Perhaps it was the way his mother wielded the power given to her, or perhaps it was the yearning of his mother’s blood in him.

Siegbert let out a sigh as he saw the magic he had launched fizzle out in midair.

“Let’s stop here,” his mother called, and Siegbert nodded. “You’re tired. Let’s try harder next time, shall we?” Siegbert nodded again, and Nyx smiled. “You’re doing well, Siegbert.”

“Thank you, Mother.” He returned her smile before he sighed and stretched his arms above his head. “Are you not tired?”

“I appreciate your concern, Siegbert, but I am not an old woman,” she replied. “You needn’t worry about me. Perhaps it is your father we ought to worry for.”

“Indeed… I have not seen Father all day.” He started when Nyx began to walk away, only for her to gesture at him to follow her. “Are you sure?” he questioned when he caught up with his mother.

“Your father can never ignore the wishes of his family,” Nyx replied, her smile smug. Siegbert just chuckled and followed after his mother.

And although his father attempted to protest, the smile on his lips disproved his true feelings. Siegbert should have known better than to doubt his mother.

Title: I Could Never Forget
Pairing: Hugh/Rosa
Notes: Day fifteen’s prompt is “I thought you had forgotten.”

“Hugh, I'm leaving!” His sister’s gentle voice rang through the house.

“See you later, then,” he called over his shoulder. Samurott let out a growl of farewell before relenting to the brush his trainer was running across its fur.

The sound of the door shutting left the house in chilling silence aside from Samurott’s occasional grumbles and the swishes of the brush running through its fur. Hugh lifted his head to glance outside his window. The trees had already begun to turn orange, a sign of the encroaching autumn season.

He glanced at his calendar. It was an early Saturday morning, and he hadn’t been called in for a match yet. Maybe Cheren would feel up for a battle.

With that thought, he stood and stretched. The doorbell rang, and Hugh raised an eyebrow. His sister, surely, had forgotten something again. He made his way to the door and opened it.

“What did you forget this—” he stopped mid-sentence.

The person at the door was not his sister. It took him a moment to register that thought, and another to say the person’s name in greeting.

“...Rosa,” he whispered.

He had not seen her in months, ever since the celebration of Hilda’s return to Unova. He had been too caught up in his duties as an Elite Four member, and she in her responsibilities as a movie star.

And, to tell the truth, he had been avoiding her. That night, he had told her he loved her and ran. He dodged all of her phone calls, didn’t visit old friends he knew because they were in cities she was fond of going to, all because he was a coward and couldn’t face his own feelings.

“Hugh.”

“I thought you had forgotten,” Hugh murmured. “About me. About us.”

“How could I?” Rosa’s voice was full of regret. “I’d never forget the boy who told me he loved me.”

Hugh fell silent, the words he had been meaning to say dying from his lips.

“Hugh… I'm sorry.”

“Don't apologize. I should be the one saying sorry.”

Rosa pursed her lips. Hugh reached out tentatively and took her hand.

“I love you, Rosa.”

“I love you too, Hugh.”

Title: Next Target
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Path or Radiance
Notes: Hey look an AU. Day seventeen’s prompt is “I’ll tell you but you’re not gonna like it.”

The Greil Spies had become well-known by this point in time. Rumors had begun to circulate, which were then confirmed—they were aiding the Crimean princess in her attempt to overthrow the political parties of Daein that had usurped the throne from her.

And so they took care to keep themselves out of sight of the public eye when they returned to Crimea, staying to the shadows and taking less-traveled roads.

The rumors had started when the princess Elincia had disappeared from the castle with no reason why. Days later, the leader of the Greil Spies, Greil, was found dead outside a building that famously stood as one of the rendezvous points for the spies. The murder weapon had been a special knife only beared by one of the spies who worked for Daein—The Black Knight.

Since then, Ike, the leader of the spies, had sworn vengeance. Every time the Greil Spies acted, they brought the political war closer and closer to an end.

“We’re back home,” Rolf noted during one of their rare strategy meetings.

“Except we’re helping to overthrow an usurper of the throne and overall, a piece of **** kingdom.”

“Shinon, there are children,” Oscar scolded.

“I am not a kid!” Rolf and Mist yelled in unison. Soren just rolled his eyes while Titania chuckled.

“Nostalgic, isn’t it?” she commented. Ike nodded, smiling slightly.

His mind was on something else entirely.

This was the final stand of Daein—if they were defeated in Crimea, this war would be over.

And yet, he had not yet been able to defeat the man who had killed his father, that Black Knight. Their next mission had been to infiltrate Nados Castle, a castle that would bring them closer to the capital. Three of the so-called Four Riders had already been brought down. The Black Knight, as one of Daein’s most prized spies and the last of the Four Riders, had to be there.

“Excuse me!” Ranulf called, snapping everyone’s attention to him. He flashed a toothy grin. “Hi, yes, this is all very heartwarming but perhaps we can continue this conversation later?”

“Oh, sorry!” Mist apologized.

“It’s alright,” the Gallian spy replied before glancing over the paper in his hand. “I’m sure you all want to know who our next target is.”

“That’d be greatly appreciated, yeah,” Shinon mumbled. Tanith glared at him, but it went unnoticed.

“Our next target—” Ranulf cut himself off and glanced over at Princess Elincia, sitting beside him. She looked away, holding her hands over her heart.

“Are you going to say it or not?” Ike snapped, his temper running short.

“I'll tell you but you're not gonna like it,” Ranulf replied. Ike frowned.

“Why?”

“Our next target is the Black Knight.”

Title: Mistakes Were Made
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade
Pairing: Hector/Lyn, Eliwood/Ninian
Notes: Day eighteen’s prompt is “You should have seen it.”

When Eliwood returned to the living room, a drink in hand for Hector, he found Hector curled up on the couch, laughing uncontrollably, as Lyn covered her face with her hands. Through the gaps in her fingers, he could see that her face was crimson red.

“What… happened?”

“You should have seen it, Eliwood!” Hector cackled. “She—I—” he cut himself off, laughing. Eliwood blinked.

“Hector, I didn’t ask for this harassment,” Lyn squeaked.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I just—” Hector tried to sit up but couldn’t, ending up resting his head on Lyn’s lap.

“That was to my grandpa! You can’t just send something like that to him!”

Eliwood looked over at Ninian, who had been sitting on the other couch in the room. She held a hand over her mouth, her shoulders shaking with giggles.

“Ninian?” he questioned, sitting down beside her after he set down the cup he had been holding onto the coffee table.

“Lyn, she… she accidentally sent her grandfather the video of Hector drinking a whole bottle of wine in one drink.”

“...Is it bad for me to say that I’m glad I didn’t see it?” Eliwood asked.

“Hector amended that message with a message that said ‘I promise I’m not drunk. From your future son-in-law.’”

He sighed. “Somehow I’m very glad I didn’t see it now.” Ninian’s giggles grew.

“You made a good decision, Eliwood,” Lyn said, her voice still muffled. “Hector, I hate you. So much.”

“That’s a lie,” Hector replied, still laughing.

“Mistakes were made.”

Title: Hero of Truth
Notes: Day twenty-one’s prompt is “Impressive, truly.”

Hilda took the steps two at a time now, rushing up the stairs towards the top of Dragonspiral Tower.

“N…” she growled under her breath. “What are you thinking?”

Her footsteps echoed through the old tower, slowly disappearing as she went higher and higher until she skidded through the stone doorway leading to the top of the tower.

Hilda came to a stop when she saw the sight that beheld her.

N stood, a great smile on his lips as he stared at the legendary Pokémon before him. Lightning crashed around him, but somehow did not hit him. Thunder rang through the sky, so loud that she could not hear anything other than it.

And then it stopped, replaced by strong winds that stirred, picking up debris from the destroyed tower’s top. They started slow, only gentle enough to sway her ponytail, and began to grow, until she was holding onto her cap for dear life.

“N!” she yelled over the thunderous winds that Zekrom had conjured up.

“Impressive, truly, that you were able to make it up here.” N smiled, his breathy voice brought to her ears by the wind. “However, I wonder if Reshiram will truly choose you to be the hero of truth.”

Hilda grit her teeth as N called forth Zekrom, climbing on and flying away. The wind died away, leaving her hair frazzled and her soul even more so.

The entirety of the Unova region depended on her. The legendary Pokémon of truth…

“Reshiram…” Hilda whispered under her breath as Cheren rushed up to her where she stood atop Dragonspiral Tower. “For the sake of the world… please… choose a hero.”

Title: Possessed
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Notes: Bab Tiki. Day twenty-three’s prompt is “This is not new, it only feels like it.”

A strange man found her one day when Bantu had been lost and only Tiki remained.

“Who are you?” she asked curiously.

“Me?” the man gave her a smile. “I am one of Bishop Gotoh’s companions.”

“Really?” Tiki tilted her head. “Bishop Gotoh didn’t say anything about someone coming to look after me… and I have Bantu!”

“I know, young Tiki,” he replied, and Tiki’s defensiveness softened at the mention of her own name. If he knew her name, Bishop Gotoh must have told him. Perhaps he really was Bishop Gotoh’s companion. “Bishop Gotoh knows of your separation from Bantu, and wished for me to find you and take you back to the temple.”

“Really? Bishop Gotoh said so?”

“Indeed.” The man smiled again. “Now come along, young Tiki.” He started down the path leading away from town.

She followed after him, a sudden feeling to believe the man striking her. She watched as he lifted his hand, a dark flame appearing in his palm.

“Hey, hey, what’re you doing?”

“Something Bishop Gotoh asked me to do,” he replied, smiling reassuringly. Tiki’s vision dimmed, and she cried out in confusion.

“Huh!?”

“This is not new, it only feels like it,” the man coaxed. But his eyes were malicious, his smile evil. Tiki resisted, tried to push away the darkness crawling over her mind and stealing away her vision.

It didn’t work. Her consciousness faded away. Only when Bantu appeared before her did she realize what had happened.

Title: Leaving
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Pairing: Ike/Soren
Notes: Day twenty-five’s prompt is “Go forward, do not stray.”

“I’m leaving.”

Titania could only give him a shocked blink when she heard the words.

She had been out on night patrol, staring out at the dark forest surrounding their stronghold when Ike approached her. Before she could ask what he was doing out so late, he had blurted out the words.

“...Leaving? The group?”

“Not just the group. Tellius.”

“By yourself?”

“With Soren.”

“When?” She found that, in shock, she was more inclined to ask questions instead of shriek or scream or cry.

“...Tonight,” Ike responded, his voice soft.

“Now,” Soren amended, stepping out from the mercenaries’ stronghold. There were two bags in his hands, and Ike took one of them with an apologetic look in his eyes.

“But… why?” She finally found it in herself to add something to her question. “Tellius is still recovering, and I’m sure people will continue to seek our services—no, your services, Ike. You are Tellius’s hero—”

“That was never what I wanted,” Ike interrupted. “All I wanted… was to avenge my father. I never wanted to be idolized as a hero.”

“And so…”

“I’m leaving. I’m going to leave the Mercenaries.” He glanced at her. The shock was beginning to wear off. He was waiting for what she would say.

“Go forward. Do not stray,” Titania murmured, a smile on her lips. “Your father once told me those words.”

“...Thank you, Titania,” Ike smiled back. “Take care of them for me.”

“Of course.”

So when Ike and Soren disappeared the next morning, leaving only a note behind them, Titania let out a breath of relief and prayed that they could be happy somewhere, far away from the fame they neither wanted nor needed.

Title: Unseen Power
Fandom: Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade
Notes: Day twenty-six’s prompt is “But if you cannot see it, is it really there?”

Eliwood barely had time to wipe his rapier free of Lord Darin’s blood before Hector and Lyn were calling for him, urging him through the door leading them into the Dragon’s Gate.

“Come on!” Hector yelled, gesturing to Ninian.

“Me…?” she asked.

“Yes! You’ve got the ability to sense danger, right!? We could use that! Besides, I know you’re going to follow us regardless of what we tell you!”

“Ah… Alright!” Ninian responded, although a slight flush came over her lips when she heard the latter half of Hector’s words. “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean any harm…”

“It’s alright,” Lyn reassured. “I don’t blame you. You just wanted to make sure we were safe.”

“I’m glad you understand…” Ninian murmured before falling into step with Eliwood.

A soft silence drifted between them until she spoke up as they ran through the doorway and into an eerily-lit hall with locked rooms on both sides. Hector and Lyn pushed forward towards the large stairway leading up to a cryptic gate.

“Lord Eliwood… there is something strange in the air.”

Eliwood tilted his head. “What do you mean, Ninian?”

“I don’t know… there’s something there…”

“What is it?” he asked, his rapier already drawn.

“It’s dangerous, Lord Eliwood.” Ninian shuddered, clasping her hands tighter around her dancer’s sash. “There is power… so much power… Power even I cannot see.”

“But if you cannot see it, is it really there?” Eliwood mused under his breath as Hector’s yell for them made her hurry forward, some combination of anticipation and anxiety on her face and in her actions.

And then his father passed in his arms, his face pale as though the life had been drained from him, and Nergal had laughed and laughed, as though some invisible power had stolen his father’s life and given it to the sorcerer.

And it was then that Eliwood began to believe in the power that Ninian had told him.

Title: Be Happy
Notes: I will never stop until this ship is recognized. Day twenty-eight’s prompt is “I felt it. You know what I mean.”

“As you wish, Father,” Xander said, bowing.

“As you say, King Garon,” Nyx repeated, bowing alongside him.

“You two are dismissed,” the king rumbled.

They both stood, thanking him softly and leaving the throne room. They walked together, Nyx following slightly after him. Silence drifted between them for only a few seconds before Nyx spoke up.

“I felt it. You know what I mean.”

Xander kept silent, but slowed his step to walk beside her.

“Your father, he...” Nyx trailed off.

“He is not who he used to be,” Xander supplied.

Nyx nodded. “Indeed.”

“...My father is no longer himself. However, I cannot deny my duty as the crown prince of Nohr.”

“Xander…”

“Get away from here, Nyx. My death and the fall of Nohr are imminent.”

“Xander—”

“Please.”

Nyx looked at him with eyes that contained indecipherable emotions within them before nodding slowly. “...On one condition.”

“Whatever you wish.”

Nyx reached her hand upwards, brushing her fingers against his cheek.

“Our son… he will not take the throne when he lives to be an adult.”

Xander blinked, trying to understand her wishes. As if she sensed his confusion, she began to explain.

“If he is revealed to be your son… people will believe you had an affair. I do not wish to tarnish your name.”

“Nyx…”

“Do not allow a monster such as myself destroy your name.”

“...I would not care if my name was destroyed, if only it meant our lives could be normal.”

“Xander—”

“I love you, Nyx. Please… be happy.”

When he leaned down to kiss her, she began to cry.

Title: The League
Pairing: N/Hilda
Notes: We’re so close I’m actually about to cry. Day thirty’s prompt is “Do we really have to do this again?”

Hilda stared up at the looming building before her.

“The Pokémon League,” she whispered her breath.

N had brought up to her the prospect of challenging the League again a few mornings ago, when he had stayed over at her house.

“Are you going to challenge the Pokémon League again?” he asked as he intertwined his fingers with hers.

“...I don’t know,” she answered truthfully. N shifted and rested his chin on her head.

“You should,” he encouraged gently. “You… you miss battling.”

“But… then I won’t be able to spend much time with you.”

“You miss battling,” N repeated. “You feel comfortable battling. You should rechallenge the League, Hilda.”

“N…”

He was always so considerate, so gentle and kind.

And so she stared up at the building, her mind made up. She approached the League.

“Miss Hilda!” The veterans beside the gate greeted. “Have you come to challenge the Pokémon League?”

“Indeed,” Hilda smiled.

“Go forward with strength, then!” One of them smiled at her as the other opened the gate for her. She nodded to both of them.

She took the first steps inside the League before stopping. She drank in the familiar surroundings, noting that almost nothing had changed. The stairways loomed before her. Her feet took her into the second room from the left—Grimsley’s room.

The room itself had completely changed, although she supposed she wasn’t surprised. They had all been saying they wanted a new room. It seemed in her absence, they had gotten her wish.

She stepped up onto the staircase and let it take her up, trying not to flinch each time the red fangs closed behind her. When she made it to the top, she found Grimsley already waiting for her. He started at who met him before chuckling.

“Somehow, I cannot say I am surprised.”

“Do we really have to do this again?” Hilda groaned. Last time, she had made it through the battle with only her Serperior left standing. Grimsley had been quite the adversary, and she worried that in the two years she had spent in Sinnoh, Grimsley had become even stronger.

“Unfortunately, yes,” Grimsley chuckled before a grave expression settled over his face. “Now, come. Prove to us that you are again worthy of the title Champion.”

“If you need me to!” she responded, and they drew their Pokéballs.

Title: Found
Notes: GUYS WE MADE IT I’M GOING TO CRY. Day thirty-one’s prompt is “I’ve waited so long for this.”

The halls of Belhalla were large and lavish, so strange to see after years of living in his humble home of Rivough. It was even stranger to think that he would be living here, ruling the Grannvale Empire for the rest of his life.

Julia reached over to take her brother’s hand when she saw him clenching his fists. He let her, savoring the warmth and the comfort that came with her presence.

“Your father and our mother… they would have been so proud,” she murmured.

“Thank you,” he whispered back.

They both stared at the portrait of their mother, her circlet upon her head and a graceful smile on her lips as she posed for a portrait against the setting sun.

Beside her, newly discovered and hung on the wall, was a portrait of Seliph’s father, a laugh on his lips and happiness upon his face as he held an infant Seliph in his arms.

There has always been a sense there, whispering that he was more than he knew, more than he could ever believe.

Right now, upon the throne of the Grannvale Empire with his father’s legacy and name cleared, he could finally believe that there was more to him than he had ever known—and he accepted himself.

He accepted his father as Sigurd, Lord of Chalphy, and his mother, Princess of Grannvale. And he knew they would always be there.

“I’ve waited so long for this,” he breathed almost out of instinct.

“...You deserve this, Seliph. Your father, your companions, and you have suffered enough at the hands of my brother.”

“...You deserve as much as we do, Julia,” Seliph smiled at her. “You have suffered as much as we have.”

With gentle arms, he pulled her into a hug. They held each other beneath the stained-glass windows that spilled sunlight onto them, illuminating their forms.

And finally, they both realized, they could have the family they had always wanted.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Title: Evasive
Author: Victorian Rush
Fandom: FullMetal Alchemist
Pairing: EdWin (Edward x Winry)
Rating: K+
Note: My first try at writing something for FMA. This is a rather short one but I found it to be hilarious. This takes place after the Pronised Day. Ed and Winry are married and have had their first child. Ed is still a kid at heart.

”Oh my gosh!”

Winry Rockbell-Elric all but jumped at the sudden shout. It came out of nowhere and startled her when all she is trying to do is clean her house. She also knew exactly who it is who had been shouting before. Her husband and the former FullMetal Alchemist, Edward Elric. No doubt he is playing that stupid game again. It is the only explanation as to why Ed started shouting.

After cleaning off the counter, she made her way over to the living room and she could not help but smile at what she saw. Her husband was sitting on the couch, the red controller to the switch was in his hand with the joy-con strap wrapped securely around his right wrist as he played.

For Christmas, Winry got Edward the Nintendo Switch and a copy of Pokemon Let’s Go: Pikachu. All he ever does is play the game. While Winry is happy to see that her husband is enjoying himself, she just wishes he would not get so invested into the game that he wakes up their newborn son, Maes.

It would not be the first time that has happened though.

”Come on, will you stay still for one minute so I can catch you.” He begged as he kept his eyes glued to the TV? It is almost as if he is afraid to look away. He has not seemed to have noticed his wife staring at him. ”Please.”

Finally, Winry made her presence known to Edward. ”Can you please keep it down in here, Ed. Maes is sleeping and the last thing we need is for him to wake up.”

”Sorry, Winry,” Ed apologized but kept his eyes glued on the TV as he swung his left arm forward rather roughly, ”but I found a shiny Charmander out of nowhere and there is no way in heck this thing is getting away from me.”

matthew11

8000 MMR
Title: If Only
Author: matthew11
Pairing: BondingShipping (Gary/Shigeru x Lillie)
Rating: G
Notes: Dare from Pikachu Fan Number Nine. Criteria: BondingShipping based on the song I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi. Listened to it a couple of times but I couldn't grasp the whole meaning because there were so many conflicting lyrics to it. No dialogue though

Lillie felt her clothes becoming heavier with each pack. She knew she needed to leave. She had to. The memory of this house haunted her with each passing day. She thought her life would have no worries, no problems, or no weights when she moved to this house with her lover. It wasn’t until Gary started neglecting their relationship.

Gary was so busy with his career as a Pokemon Researcher that Lillie felt abandoned. She told him so many times to at least spend a day with her since he was always away from home and would come back at night only to meet the bed. He wasn’t there when she was in her lightest mood. He wasn’t there when she felt otherwise. He was so focused on work that he even forgot to celebrate her birthday. All her emotions went down the drain, and that’s when she decided it’s time to go.

The last set of clothes in her closet were packed in the suitcase. Lillie let out a soft sigh before standing up, ready to head out the bedroom and out the main door. When she came out of the room, Gary, who was sitting on the sofa, contemplating about what to do in this situation, looked at Lillie’s direction upon hearing the wooden floor squeak on her footsteps. Lillie continued to walk towards the main door and made sure she would not spare a single glance at her distraught lover. It would only pain her otherwise.

Gary stood up and thought about his next move. Will he walk up to Lillie and tell her to stay and fix this, or will he just watch her lover walk out the door, freeing her from this miserable life? Lillie’s hand reached the doorknob, opened it and went outside with the suitcase. The weather was dark, signifying a heavy rain was coming. Moderate to strong winds were pushing the surrounding trees and plants, and it was so cold. A car was waiting for her outside. She breathed deeply, letting go the weight that she was carrying. Yes, she was letting go of her relationship with Gary.

Gary made a few steps towards the door with his hand in front of him until Lillie turned around with her hat covering her eyes. There were tears racing down on Lillie’s cheeks. Gary realized the magnitude of the mistakes he made upon looking at Lillie’s face. If only he agreed to spend the day with her. If only he was there when she was the happiest. If only he was there when she was sad. If only he was there when she blew the candles of her birthday cake. If only he had not been a jerk.

Gary knew he didn’t have any power to make Lillie stay. Everything was his fault, and it outweighed his desire to let this relationship continue. He knew he had to let her go. Gary lowered his arm and looked onwards with pained eyes. Lillie couldn’t help it anymore and held her head up to see her lover one last time. At last, she was finally ready to leave. Gary frowned a little. It was painful for him to see her lover leave him, but it couldn’t be helped.

Lillie then lowered her head when she turned towards the car. She put her suitcase on the compartment and went in the backseat, and the car drove. She didn’t want to turn her head and look at the house. She wanted to look forward, to the future, where she would be happy. Gary let out a huge sigh and regretted every decision he made. Their relationship wouldn't have been this way if only he had been there for her.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Title: Bats Amore
Pairing: ModelShipping (Trip/Shooty X Bianca/Bel)
Note: A dare from AmericanPi. She wanted me to write something set in Unova, and I went the extra mile. Not only did I use a setting of Unova, I also used Unova characters and Pokemon.

Over on Route 3, Trip and Bianca were taking a look at a tree with lots of Swoobat in it.

"Every Swoobat in this tree is female", Trip said. "This is because it is a maternity colony, as it is pupping season for these Pokemon. A lot of the Swoobat have Woobat pups clinging to them and nursing milk from them."

"That's very cool, I never knew I could see so many mother Swoobat in one place", Bianca said.

"Bat Pokemon, like other Pokemon based on mammals, are very devoted mothers. Swoobat fly with their pups clinging to them," Trip said.

"Which has got me to thinking, I'm hoping one day I can be a father. And we've been together such a long time, I feel I am ready for having a baby of my own," Trip continued.

"What are you saying, Trip?" Bianca asked.

"What I am saying is," Trip brought out a box with a ring inside it, and popped the question, "Bianca, will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I will definitely marry you Trip! You are the best guy a girl can have!" Bianca said in excitement.

"Say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Trip Powers!" Trip said as he took a picture of him, Bianca and the engagement ring.

AmericanPi

Write on
Title: Alolan Cruise
Author: AmericanPi
Pairing: SoulSilverShipping (Silver/Rival x Lyra/Kotone)
Rating: G/K
Notes: Dare from the Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread. xEryChan dared me to write a drabble for a pairing of my choice with them on a cruise. I ended up going with a Pokémon pairing because I couldn't really think of a plot for a non-Pokémon pairing I like.

"THIS. BOAT. IS. SO. NICE," Lyra said, gesturing dramatically as she bounced down the deck of the Alolan Dream. Lyra and her boyfriend, Silver, were on vacation on a cruise ship making its way around the Alolan islands, and she was very excited to be on the ship. It was only the first day of the cruise, but she and Silver had already done quite a few things.

"The Alolan Dream really is a nice ship," Silver said, smiling more calmly as he followed his girlfriend down the deck. The Alolan sun was warm, and the bright blue sky was dotted with a few wispy white clouds. It was quite a change from his native Johto, but he liked it.

A break in the water caught Silver's eye, and he stopped walking, gripping the railing of the deck with both hands as he scanned the ocean for movement. Silver's eyes widened as he spotted a Wishiwashi school swimming parallel to the ship in the distance.

"Whoa," Silver said. "Lyra! Come look at this!"

"What?" Lyra yelled from further down the deck. Silver chuckled to himself when he saw how far Lyra had walked ahead of him. Lyra bounded over to Silver's side and gasped loudly as she saw where Silver was pointing.

"Ho-oh and Lugia, what's that?" Lyra asked as she laid eyes on the large blue Pokémon.

"I think that's a Wishiwashi school," Silver said, pulling a folded-up travel brochure from his pocket. He opened the brochure, laid his finger on a picture, and nodded. "Yeah, see those individual fish?"

"It's so cool," Lyra said, her eyes wide. She whipped out her PokéGear and snapped a photo before the school sank under the waves and out of sight.

"Aww, it's gone," Lyra said, pouting.

"Did you get a picture?" Silver asked. "I didn't have the time because I was reading the brochure."

"It's right here!" Lyra said, pointing to her PokéGear with a grin. "And it was a good picture too!"

"I hope we see it again, but thanks," Silver said with a smile. He stepped away from the railing and stretched. "The Pokémon, the ship, the weather - I can't believe we've seen so much and it's only Day One."

"Yeah," Lyra said, putting her PokéGear away and leaning against her boyfriend's shoulder. She was a little heavy in her movement, but Silver quickly regained his balance and put an arm around Lyra. The two were silent for a while as they watched the waves.

"Thanks for pointing out the Wishiwashi school for me," Lyra said after a few moments of comfortable silence. "I wouldn't have noticed it on my own."

"Looks like it's not coming back up," Silver murmured. "Thanks for the picture, Lyra."

"No problem," Lyra said cheerfully. "I'm hungry. Let's go to the buffet!"

"No, Lyra, we're not going to the buffet again," Silver said, grabbing Lyra's arm as she dashed off, full of energy as ever.

"Why not?" Lyra asked with a cheeky grin.

Silver sighed and massaged his temples, but he smiled. "Because we just went there for lunch, and you ate so much you felt sick afterwards. Not to mention you almost knocked over that display."

"Did I?" Lyra said with a laugh, scratching the back of her neck. "Hey, to be fair, I was feeling really energetic."

"When are you not feeling really energetic?" Silver asked with a wry smile. He laughed as Lyra pouted. "I like that about you though."

"I like that about me too," Lyra said, grinning again.

"Alright alright, let's go," Silver said with a chuckle. "No near-misses with knocking things over this time, though."

"Yes!" Lyra exclaimed with a little jump. "Come on!"

She took Silver's hand and dragged him towards the Dream Restaurant, bouncing and skipping along the deck of the cruise ship. Silver just smiled.

-END-

Just a Torchic

DaiMikuNagi my beloved
Title: Somebody set us up the bomb
Author: Torchic W. Pip
Pairing: SabotageShipping (Steven/Winona/Wallace)
Rating: PG
Notes: Robin and Caspian are two of my SabotageShipping fankids :>

"Somebody set us... somebody set us up... the bomb!" Robin shouted.

"Oh no!" Caspian shouted.

Explosion noises. Screeching tires. Intense car crashes.

All with nothing but rocks, Steven's vocal sound effects, and the imaginations of two young children.

From the doorway, Wallace and Winona watched as Steven played some rather... interesting games with their children.

"The power of imagination and rocks," Winona commented.

"Should we be worried?" Wallace asked.

"Pretend play is good for kids."

"Yes, but this seems rather... unconventional."

"Darling, everything about this relationship and parenting path is unconventional."

Wallace smiled. "I suppose you're right."