• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shortest/longest soft reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadiandragon

I am about to start SRing for a shiny Ho-Oh in HG and it got me wondering... What was your shortest and/or longest soft reset session before you got your end result?

That is, in terms of how many times you had to soft reset before you actually got your shiny/good natured/desired gender poke. Or whatever you may have been soft resetting for.

Last edited:

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Ive never had a successfull SR, but i did SR 120 times once for a shiny charmander. thats my longest and shortest. no, shortest was 10 times for ho oh before i thought it was a stupid idea.. no offense.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I SR'd twice for a Shiny Cyndaquil.
Was just trying to get a good nature. (Rash, Yay!)

Can I ask.? Wht is softresetting? Howd ya do it? Is itt safe? What are reuirements to do this?

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Can I ask.? Wht is softresetting? Resetting the game without turning off the game Howd ya do it? Hold A+B+L+R (I think) for DS games and Start+Select+A+B for 3rd Gen games Is itt safe?Completely What are reuirements to do this?None. Just have the buttons working :)

There ya go :)
And my only one was only 2 days for a shiny Palkia

Indigoodra

If we're talkin about incomplete ones, I SR'd the static Latias in SS about 10 times, then lost patience for it :p

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I never had enough determination to SR much. I went probably 250 times and got sick of it and stopped when trying to get shiny Giratina.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
My longest SR hunt ever was 13,285 SRs for Treecko, while my shortest hunt in HG was Sudowoodo which was somewhere around 900 SRs. Good luck on your Ho-oh hunt, im also hunting him in my HG.

Myrrh

I believe I only had to soft reset once when I was trying to get a female Treecko from Steven. I was prepared to sit through about a half hour or so and was relieved when I saw the pink down arrow thing.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Yesterday, I spent 2 hours in pokemon leaf green trying to catch a pikachu in viridian forest with a beneficial nature. I almost threw my game against wall. Now I have to do it again, but with diglett..
-___-

YNCRN

Egg 125!
I've been SR'ing and buying 5 Dratini at the game corner for about two weeks now with no luck.

That's 5 new Dratini about every 2 minutes, and still... NO SHINY DRATINI!!!

Ugh.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I don't quite remember how many SRs it took for me to get shiny Dialga on Platinum, but I do know that it took months to accomplish at any rate. I'm not sure about how long it took for me to get shiny Palkia, not that it matters though, since my Luxray killed it. T_T I was at my grandmother's when it happened, so I couldn't excatly curse to oblivion. lolz

onewayout85

I need some motivation from my fellow serebii community. I have been trying to sr a shiny rayquaza and it has been several days and around 5000 resets give or take. What do some of yall do to keep up the motivation when it is taking so long? Thanks for any advice. *side note* if this is the wrong spot i apologize in advance. :)

Rosez66

Ace trainer
my only shinies have been the following.
red gyarados in both crystal and soul silver.
a blue dugtrio in crystal
a shiny larvitar careful nature in soul silver when breeding for the perfect curse tyranitar
and lastly when ev training a shiny tentacool appeared, i couldnt run because he was shiny and how rare they are and all i had was a masterball.

My shortest is Giratina which took (roughly) 30 SRs.
My middle is Feraligatr which took about 200 SRs.
My longest is Lugia which is still going on with about 500 SRs. I'm gonna keep going now. xP

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
As I'm still new to the whole soft-reset gimmick, I rarely use it. Thus, I soft-reseted I think once the whole time, and that was in the beginning of the game in Diamond. I'm kinda picky about the gender of my starter, so I soft-reseted about a good seven times (might've been more) before I got a female Turtwig.

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
I did 15-25 SRs for a shiny Oshawott, then I gave up. Well, I don't SR with the L+R+A+B buttons because the L button is broken, instead I use the DSi On/Off switch which works as SRing too.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Last time I did, I only took 15 resets until I found a Modest Ho-oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.