• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Shot for a 5th generation team

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
617.gif

Accelgor
Item: Damp Rock
Trait: Hydration
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252satk/252spd/4hp
Moveset:
-Spikes
-Rain Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Encore

A lead set. Start things off by using spikes. If they didn't attack, then here's were the real pain comes. I use encore to trap them into using that move. Rain Dance benefits on Hydration and will help Samurott deal more damage with Razor Shell.Bug Buzz is decently strong and come with great coverage plus STAB. I use the Damp Rock to make rain dance last.

503.gif

Samurott
Item: Life orb
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252atk/252spd/4hp
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Razor Shell
-Revenge

Samurott is an awesome swords dancer. 100 base attack+swords dance+life orb=a lot of power! Megahorn is his most powerful move and OHKOs Dark, Psychic, and grass types. Razor Shell his the main STAB and comes with a decent chance of lowering defense. Revenge is his only fighting type move and his only way of beating Ferrothorn.

604.gif

Eelektross
Item: Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Brave
Evs: 252Hp/140atk/116satk
Moveset:
-ThunderBolt
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-Hidden Power(Grass)

Mixed Eelektross can damage everything. Due to having decent bulk and low speed, it is better to max out his Hp rather than his speed, which is why he has leftovers. Thunderbolt destroys most pokemon with it’s power and STAB. Dragon Claw deals with dragons while Brick Break destroys whatever thunderbolt can’t. Hidden Power(Grass) deals with pokemon such as Lantern.

612.gif

Haxorus
Item: Life Orb
Trait: Moldbreaker
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252atk/252spd/4hp
Moveset:
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Night Slash
-Dragon Dance

Ahh, yes, Haxorus. One of the most dangerous dragons in the game. 147 base attack mixed with 97 base speed adds to a powerful physical sweeper. With Jolly and Dragon Dance, I can out speed a large amount of pokemon. Outrage is scary good with Dragon Dance and STAB. Earthquake destroys steels and rocks while Night Slash destroys ghosts and psychics. Moldbreaker comes in handy every once in a while.

571.gif

Zoroark
Item: Choice Specs
Trait: Illusion
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252satk/252spd/4hp
Moveset:
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (ice)

Thanks to Zoroark’s nice speed and special attack, he’s an awesome special sweeper. Night Daze gets STAB and can lower accuracy. Flamethrower kills steel types and Grass Knot murders bulky waters and some of the heavier pokemon. Hidden Power(ice) deals with grass types and dragon/flying. Choice Specs decides whether it’s an OHKO or a 2-KO.

589.gif

Escavalier
Item: Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252atk/252Hp/4sdef
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Knock Off

Escavalier has some awesome bulk. It’s only weakness which is x4 can’t even stop it! Sword Dance boost his 405 attack to new heights allowing to KO most foes. Megahorn is a powerful and can benefit from Swarm and being STAB. Iron Head is it’s best steel type move and comes with good coverage. Knock off is a defensive move and always comes in handy.

I'm still working on it. Opinions?

Last edited:

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I think Sub is kind of pointless on that Accelgor...

Example:

Accelgor (assuming it goes first: Used sub:

Sub created:

____ Attacks.... Sub breaks.

Accelgor used Spikes...

____ Attacked. Accelgor died.

It just doesn't really work.

Also on Zoroark, I wouldn't use "Fail Blast"

Being a glass cannon, Zoroark can't afford to miss. Personally I think it is better off with Flamethrower.

Focus Blast covers:

Steel/Rock/Ice/Normal types.

Flamethrower + Grass Knot cover:

Grass/Ice/Steel/Rock/Water/Ground:

Only leaving Normal types who don't see as much play. Thanks to the inclusion of so many Fighting types, and not as many benefits.

----

Hax needs something to speed up, base 100's in todays metagame are considered decent. (Due to fast hitting threats) so I'd suggest replacing CB and putting Dragon Dance on it somewhere.

Samur: I really don't like the idea of using it on such a team. I hate suggesting this Pokemon (2nd time suggesting it) Jeli:

Run with high HP: Jeli can do all kinds of things to stall opposing teams.

Will-O/Boil Over can stop Physical attackers. Recover + Sub = easy stalling. Pain Split is pain split, Disable, Shadow Ball, etc. Great move pool to make it easy to assist the team.

It also spin blocks thanks to being Water/Ghost which your team lacks. (Resists quite a few Pokemon) and if you max the HP it has 400 HP with great potential (as listed before.)
You can choose Water Absorb or Cursed Body depending on the need. Cursed Body can stop Choice sweepers in their tracks and screw them, while Water Absorb is to switch in on Ice attacks and Water attacks. (Ice won't hurt much at all nor will Water if you don't use Water Absorb) in fact it has an easy time switchin in on Pokemon.

---

Escav can run Megahorn instead of X. Less accuracy, but 85 statistically is likely to hit. Iron Head... Steel is a poor attacking type to me, although Stab is nice, the flinch won't happen due to terrible speed. Personally I also think you don't need a 252 ATK spread as it already has over 300 ATK with a neutral nature. (306 to be exact ) + 10% (Adamant) = 330ish attack. I'd suggest putting a small amount in (in regard to any threats that may survive what it hits) and put the rest in DF/SPD to make it survive longer.

Knock off works even with low BP. At least it has uses.

----

Elektross doesn't need Crunch, you already have a ton of Psychic/Ghost counters. I'd suggest Hidden Power (Grass/Ice) depending on what you feel you need more.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
Accelgor doesn't need sub
For Haxorus did switch Night Shade for Dragon Dance so he can get some speed and then give him leftovers
Good party overall

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Made a few changes. I'm keeping Samurott because I'll have no use for Accelgor's Rain Dance, also because I just like him. I'm also keeping Escavalier attack as it is because 405 attack next to 330 is a big difference. Also, he already has 344hp/215def&sdef so he still will be difficult to kill. Keep critizin' comin'!:D

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Personally Accelgor is better off running Death Gambit and a Spike standard than Rain Dance for one Pokemon that anyone will just cancel out making your move ineffective.

Aside from that, you're better off using Samurott on a UU team. Not that you shouldn't use him, just if you plan on using that team in OU (Which Ononokusu or whatever its English name is) is obvious.
330 Attack with a small investment is more than enough to break most walls easily. Also that DF won't cut it /SPD. I assure you this:

Also just come calcs that you seem to believe that aren't true: (Lol Fire won't kill it in 1HKO)

Zoroark @ Nothing (That's right)
252 SPA (Non boosted nature)
Flamethrower

Vs.

Escav @ Leftovers
Swarm
252 HP/4 DF (+ SPD boosting nature)

dies in one hit KO from Zoroark.

Now, considering Zoroark is far from the highest special attacker in OU (lol on that) and using a common Flamethrower where most Pokemon will run higher BP attacks means it will die in OHKO without SPD and DF splits in EVs.

It isn't that 400 isn't great attack, it's that with less than adequate defense/SPD will mean it will die before it gets to attack.

Also another calc:

Victini @ Nothing (Lol)
Adamant Nature (+ ATK boosting nature)
252 ATK /252 SPE
-V-Generate attack (Physical attack)

Vs.

Escav @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP/252 DF

Still does 217.4% of its total HP. Wait a minute, That's over 200%. Over 200%. That's always a KO then unless it misses with a 5% chance...

Fire Punch is only able to not 1HKO when you have no DF EVs invested.

That's not even the fiercest threats you'll see with Fire attacks physical or special...

So I think I can guarantee that Escav Vs. anyone with a counter will lose.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
I forgot to mention. you might want to teach Haxorus Brick Break over Night Slash to take out ice and steel types

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
I agree ^

Zoroark already has Ghost/Psychics covered. Even then a nice healthy EQ from a +1 or +2 Hax will hurt just as much on most Psychics except maybe Xatu and other flyers.