• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should all of Ash's battles in any given league be shown?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I mean, it still gets signed off on by Daiki Tomiyasu, but Matsui is the one writing. And I only attribute it to her because it's not the first time she's poorly paced and poorly foreshadowed a series and arc.
So which one of the two of them is technically the direct successor of Tomioka? Is the other one in a brand new role or what?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So which one of the two of them is technically the direct successor of Tomioka? Is the other one in a brand new role or what?
tomioka-> matsui
yajima->daiki

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Is it Matsui or Daiki? Something I've been really confused about this generation is that there are two people whose names get thrown around as being in charge of the show, whereas before it was just Tomioka.

The series director of Sun & Moon is Tomiyasu Daiki. The series kousei (series composition, basically a 'head writer' role) is Matsui Aya, who replaced Tomioka Atsuhiro (the series composer of DP, BW and XY). The series composer is responsible for attending the planning meetings and translating the series director's ideas into scripts. Some series composers will write every script of a series by themselves (typically for one or two cour series). In the case of the long-running Pokemon scripts are assigned to other writers to lessen the load on the series composer. The general feel and ideas for a series are those of the series director, however. This is why the overall feel of a series can change over the years for long-running works. Episodes Matsui chooses to write personally are likely to either be important to the story or to her in general and the same was true of Tomioka Atsuhiro, who wrote nearly all of the Shinji and Contest episodes during DP and nearly all of the Alan and Flare Gang episodes during XY. But it's also important to consider the attention given by the series director, who decides the over all look and feel of the show. Yajima introduced 3DCG to XY while Tomiyasu wanted to help celebrate the feel of hand drawn animation (we can also see this in Tomiyasu's Pokemon Generations).

I suggest watching Shirobako on Crunchyroll. You'll learn all about the roles in anime production.