• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash carry at least one more Pokemon to Kalos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Plus how could they not be happy.

Bayleaf joined Ash to be with Ash. The very first time she was Oaked she was devastated

The same with Apiom who ran away from Oak's to be with Ash.

I'm sure some of his male Pokemon feel the same way. They trained really hard and pushed themselves thinking that Ash would rely on them as their go-to one day. Instead they get stuck on the farm where sure they can fight, but that's no different than what they were doing before in the wild. Considering that Ash is by far the best Trainer to come out of Pallet and trains his Pokemon so well it's unlikely that any of the other Pokemon at Oak's would even pose a challenge.

How could it be fun for them mushing ants?

Charizard, Squirtle, and even Bulbasaur all made out like bandits when it came time for them to get Oaked. They were given significant focus and actually given something more to do with their time. Why couldn't something like that happen for more of the older Pokemon? They don't all have to be gone forever.

dman_dustin

Bayleaf joined Ash to be with Ash. The very first time she was Oaked she was devastated

The same with Apiom who ran away from Oak's to be with Ash.

I'm sure some of his male Pokemon feel the same way. They trained really hard and pushed themselves thinking that Ash would rely on them as their go-to one day. Instead they get stuck on the farm where sure they can fight, but that's no different than what they were doing before in the wild. Considering that Ash is by far the best Trainer to come out of Pallet and trains his Pokemon so well it's unlikely that any of the other Pokemon at Oak's would even pose a challenge.

How could it be fun for them mushing ants?

Charizard, Squirtle, and even Bulbasaur all made out like bandits when it came time for them to get Oaked. They were given significant focus and actually given something more to do with their time. Why couldn't something like that happen for more of the older Pokemon? They don't all have to be gone forever.

And Bayleef gets very excited when she does see Ash.

How could her being wild and likely to never see Ash be better, than at least a guarantee that she will see Ash again (outside of Ash dying).

And how do we know there isn't a whole bunch of offscreen stuff, where Ash uses them a lot.

Just because we don't see them very much on-screen doesn't mean they don't exist.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He should take any of his Pokemon still on stage 1 like Snivy for instance.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I love bayleef its my favorite of ash's pokemon and I love seeing her when ash returns to oaks lab, and I love to see how happy she gets
I hope he can use her in kalos' league and maybe she could evolve? But that's just wishful me

I don't see ash bringing anyone but pikachu, unless pokemon like his torkoal,palpitoed or heracross get an evolution in the games

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I'm hoping for evolutions to Snorlax, Torkoal, Heracross and Glalie.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I love bayleef its my favorite of ash's pokemon and I love seeing her when ash returns to oaks lab, and I love to see how happy she gets
I hope he can use her in kalos' league and maybe she could evolve? But that's just wishful me

I don't see ash bringing anyone but pikachu, unless pokemon like his torkoal,palpitoed or heracross get an evolution in the games
Palpitoad has an evolution.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Without a doubt, Gible needs to tag along. It could be just like Phanphy was for the Battle Frontier Saga. Gibles comical nature isn't as irrational as oshawotts which is why Gible would be perfect for some more screen time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Without a doubt, Gible needs to tag along. It could be just like Phanphy was for the Battle Frontier Saga. Gibles comical nature isn't as irrational as oshawotts which is why Gible would be perfect for some more screen time.

Phanpy was brought back during a filler arc, so it doesn't really count. And I fail to see how Gible is more enjoyable than Oshawott; really, Gible's blank expression makes it seem really boring to me, and without its Draco Meteor gag it's not a very interesting Pokemon imo. I know Gible wasn't given a chance to develop, but the writers should do what's best for the show and give screen-time to popular Pokemon instead imo.

PokeMaster366

I honestly hope that Pikachu gets a part-Fairy typing from X and Y so that episodes can be spent helping him figure out his newly discovered typing and how to work with the new skills available.

Oh yeah, and it looks very unlikely that any of the Pokémon are going to tag along for the trip to Kalos.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax and Sceptile.

Watch Ash demolish the Gyms, the League, and all those random tournaments.

And then watch them get reset just like Pikachu or worse? No thanks. I rather bring them back for a league or something more useful.

adamfitz

poké-lover
If ash were to bring a strong pokemon like charizard I don't think they realize what it means
I'm not a huge fan of charizard but I like it, but image it going to another region to struggle so early on against unevolved starters and the first gyms
It would loose its credibility and part of its character
This goes for charizard and other strong pokemon ash has

I'm sure he can use them in the league and maybe other competitions

Last edited:

swirlytoed

like the idea they did that aipom I think that is very possible he should bring back torkoal even though he has charizard

Shadow XD001

This is why a filler saga is nice after the league, Kanto Battle Frontier, for example. It gives Ash the opportunity to use his old Pokémon more before the next saga and maybe catch one new Pokémon. Sinnoh was extremely long, so no filler saga and the N stuff is sort of a filler saga but not really filler... if that makes sense. ^_^; I was hoping Ash would use more old Pokémon. At least Charizard returned.

LizardonX

Banned
This is why a filler saga is nice after the league, Kanto Battle Frontier, for example. It gives Ash the opportunity to use his old Pokémon more before the next saga and maybe catch one new Pokémon. Sinnoh was extremely long, so no filler saga and the N stuff is sort of a filler saga but not really filler... if that makes sense. ^_^; I was hoping Ash would use more old Pokémon. At least Charizard returned.

We're in a filler saga right now. And from the looks of it nothing will happen.

Would be pretty sweet if Ash bough Gible to gen 6 and it evolved into Garchomp. or he trades it off to the girl who later releases it to play sports

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think Gible or Scraggy are the only suitable secondary at this point if Ash doesn't catch anything else. Gible would be interesting because it's weak to Fairy, which could be part of the introduction.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think Gible or Scraggy are the only suitable secondary at this point if Ash doesn't catch anything else. Gible would be interesting because it's weak to Fairy, which could be part of the introduction.

I don't want Gible to continue to be honest, Scraggy is doubly weak to Fairy-type if the info is anything to go by. I'll never understand the obsession with Gible, it's a cute Pokemon and a Dragon-type but it feels overrated especially when there are plenty of other Pokemon that are first-stage that didn't get treated as well as Gible.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't want to see any more gible because I know it will never and evolve, And pointless otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.