• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash fight a few protagonists while he's in Hyper/Ultra Class?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking Rosa, Brendan, maybe Lucas? Victor or Gloria at some point? Obviously he'd have to lose a few of these fights to keep him in Ultra Class until just before the Master Class tournament.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hilda please

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Would it mean anything if he did though? They'd just be a CotD using someone else's design.

Jers745

I dont know :p
It would be kinda underwhelming because they haven't appear properly in the anime aside from some intro scenes in the movies

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Well, I'm in the belief that one of the Hyper Class silhouettes shown before is Leaf. (The girl that people think might be Sabrina.) So yes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, I wish that the writers had taken this approach much earlier in the series instead of having Satoshi battle someone like Visquez for instance. I think many of us older viewers and even some of the younger demographic would've preferred seeing more in-game characters that never got a chance to appear before appear now as COTDs over anime-exclusive characters.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Well, I'm in the belief that one of the Hyper Class silhouettes shown before is Leaf. (The girl that people think might be Sabrina.) So yes.

wow. Never looked at her like that. Could certainly be her.

But the anime is so squirmish about other protagonists. We haven‘t seen one since Serena and they‘ve skipped gens 5,7&8 entirely.

A strong Marnie would be a good one to see in the anime. But besides her or Hop, I wouldn‘t expect any of them to appear.

Hilda or Rosa would be a dream.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Jimmy/Ethan and Lyra should since they're actual characters.
Other than that, nah. Much I wanna see Hilbert/Hilda in an actual animated role, they'd be a one shot. I'd like to see Ash battle the E4 members of the regions instead

Who would want Gloria and Victor over Bede and Marnie anyways? Gloria I'd get if she could actually be Scottish but this isn't a fanfic/fan art/animation so she won't be :p

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
wow. Never looked at her like that. Could certainly be her.

But the anime is so squirmish about other protagonists. We haven‘t seen one since Serena and they‘ve skipped gens 5,7&8 entirely.

A strong Marnie would be a good one to see in the anime. But besides her or Hop, I wouldn‘t expect any of them to appear.

Hilda or Rosa would be a dream.

I think it would be neat to retcon one of the other trainers that left Pallet Town on the same day as Ash and Gary and make the one that took Bulbasaur, be Leaf.

Oak said that the other two gave up pretty early on, but who is to say that she couldn't have gotten inspired to try again from seeing Ash and Gary's accomplishments?

She could have gone through her own multi-region journey by now. After all, we have seen other-region Pokémon at Oak's Lab that weren't Ash's or Gary's. We saw a Pidove one time.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Feels pretty pointless honestly. Rather have characters who have known stories and reputation, rather than a bunch of blank slate Cotds.

Could’ve been neat as some normal or super class opponents as quick cameos, but now should be where the characters and battles really matters.