• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash get a fossil pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If anybody gets a fossil I gues I could see iris getting the fossil bird. Or maybe james could get the fossil turtle. I don't see anybody else getting a fossil.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Nah neither of them really suit Ash

I'm with the above poster though for Iris getting the bird. Archeos would look good on her team

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If ash had a fossil pokemon i think aerodactyl would fit him best. even that since there going to black and white i think hes never going to get an aerodactyl so i doubt hes gonna get a fossil pokemon in the fifth generation.

Red from Pokemon Special has an Aerodactyl, so yeah, since they're both based of the player from Red and Blue, I guess one could say that it can fit. Though we all know Aerodactyl and Ash won't work as Ash =/= Red, just compare the teams:

Ash (@Indigo League): Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Kingler, Muk, Tauros.
Red (@Indigo League): Poliwrath, Venusaur, Pikachu, Snorlax, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Eevee.

As for fossils going to Ash: Why not? They're pokemon, and they nearly exhausted every other method of Ash getting pokemon, though I think they will find a new way with his Meguroko being a son to a previously met Meguroko. Here's a list of the fossils:

Kabutops: Fights akin to Sceptile
Omastar: Not really a good fit, but kinda fights like Torkoal
Aerodactyl: Fights like Staraptor and Charizard
Armaldo: Fights like Gliscor, Buizel.. Weird..
Cradily: Fights like nothing Ash has used.. Stalling..
Rampardos: Fights like Buizel and Infernape, heads up.
Bastiodon: Fights like Torterra
Abagoura: Fights like Snorlax
Archeos: Fights like Staraptor/Swellow

Looking at it like that doesn't help though.. Since I think that Ash could work with a Bastiodon, but it would still not fit. Same with Rampardos, it uses charging moves like Buizel and Infernape do (Aqua Jet and Flare Blitz), but is a different pokemon completely.

If any of the fossils should be used, it would be either Kabutops, Aerodactyl, or the Isshu fossils. Cradily would be that last likely to be used, as it's battle style isn't something Ash will ever do.

I'd love for ANYONE on the main cast really to get a fossil pokemon THIS gen, as that would mean one out of two chance to see a great deal of Aaken and Archeos in the anime. Fossil pokemon are usually shafted in terms of appearance in the anime because they are supposed to be very rare, which does make sense, but I'd at least like to see some with Trainers once in a while. Pretty much the only appearance a fossil pokemon has had with a trainer is Cradily with Nando, and we only saw him with it once.

Personally, since Ash isn't likely to make many more captures this saga, I think an Aaken and its evolution would fit well with Iris, they learn a relative lot of dragon-type moves and dinosaurs have always been seen as similar to dragons. Plus I can see its colorful plumage contrasting well with her hair. That being said, if we do see an Aaken or Archeos with a trainer this generation at all, it will be with N in his final appearance, and that's only if N shows up in the anime, he appears in the same place in the plot that he does with an Archeos in the games, and he has his full (not counting Zekrom or Reshiram, anyway, since he's very unlikely to have that) in-game team.

Armaldo, and I think Iris with Archeos would be a cool fit. Why do you think that Ash won't have that many more captures this region? He has about two left in my opinion: his sixth slot (though we know he'll get Meguroko), and the seventh reserve capture.

If anybody gets a fossil I gues I could see Iris getting the fossil bird. Or maybe james could get the fossil turtle. I don't see anybody else getting a fossil.

Mèh, I only like Abagoura for James. Purotooga is just weird.. Abagoura could act as their sea transportation unit, and as James' enforcer. I personally want to see James with pokemon that make him look more impressive, since that's what Team Rocket's new role in the series requests of them:

Lepardass
Abagoura

I think those two would fit the new James well. I really want this Team Rocket to be differentiated from the old Team Rocket, so I don't want James to capture Marakacchi, or whatever Psychic type he'd get paired with, either Gochizeru or Ranculus...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Red from Pokemon Special has an Aerodactyl, so yeah, since they're both based of the player from Red and Blue, I guess one could say that it can fit. Though we all know Aerodactyl and Ash won't work as Ash =/= Red, just compare the teams:

Ash (@Indigo League): Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Kingler, Muk, Tauros.
Red (@Indigo League): Poliwrath, Venusaur, Pikachu, Snorlax, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Eevee.

As for fossils going to Ash: Why not? They're pokemon, and they nearly exhausted every other method of Ash getting pokemon, though I think they will find a new way with his Meguroko being a son to a previously met Meguroko. Here's a list of the fossils:

Kabutops: Fights akin to Sceptile
Omastar: Not really a good fit, but kinda fights like Torkoal
Aerodactyl: Fights like Staraptor and Charizard
Armaldo: Fights like Gliscor, Buizel.. Weird..
Cradily: Fights like nothing Ash has used.. Stalling..
Rampardos: Fights like Buizel and Infernape, heads up.
Bastiodon: Fights like Torterra
Abagoura: Fights like Snorlax
Archeos: Fights like Staraptor/Swellow

Looking at it like that doesn't help though.. Since I think that Ash could work with a Bastiodon, but it would still not fit. Same with Rampardos, it uses charging moves like Buizel and Infernape do (Aqua Jet and Flare Blitz), but is a different pokemon completely.

If any of the fossils should be used, it would be either Kabutops, Aerodactyl, or the Isshu fossils. Cradily would be that last likely to be used, as it's battle style isn't something Ash will ever do.

Armaldo, and I think Iris with Archeos would be a cool fit. Why do you think that Ash won't have that many more captures this region? He has about two left in my opinion: his sixth slot (though we know he'll get Meguroko), and the seventh reserve capture.

Mèh, I only like Abagoura for James. Purotooga is just weird.. Abagoura could act as their sea transportation unit, and as James' enforcer. I personally want to see James with pokemon that make him look more impressive, since that's what Team Rocket's new role in the series requests of them:

Lepardass
Abagoura

I think those two would fit the new James well. I really want this Team Rocket to be differentiated from the old Team Rocket, so I don't want James to capture Marakacchi, or whatever Psychic type he'd get paired with, either Gochizeru or Ranculus...

Na I see lepardass with jessie. I see darumakka or dentura with james.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yes I do think Ash should and will get a fossil Pokemon. But I just can't figure out which one might be good. Maybe a rock/water type. No more ground types again.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Truthfully, I would've liked to see Hard Headed Ash get Cranidos/Rampardos last Generation since Fossils seemed to be abundant in Sinnoh. The ship has sailed on that, unfortunately.

I don't think any of the other Fossils besides maybe Areodactyl suits him.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Na I see lepardass with jessie. I see darumakka or dentura with james.

Good thought, I thought about that, but I want to see James using something agile and quatrepedal for once. It can be some sort of foil for his Growlithe, since they'd would have moved similarly.

Yes I do think Ash should and will get a fossil Pokemon. But I just can't figure out which one might be good. Maybe a rock/water type. No more ground types again.

Thankfully there are no Ground fossils, only Rock and with the added types of: Water, Flying and Steel...

Hmm I'd love to see Ash with the Archeopteryx -^.^- I've always wanted Ash to get a fossil Pokemon when I was younger...Hasn't change yet! :D

These set of fossils seem to buff for Ash in my opinion. I want to see Archeos on Iris' team as well as her flying type.

Kibago - Dragon = Dragon, her kiddy dragon
Doryuuzu - Ground/Steel = Dragon in the name
Zuruggu - Dark/Fighting = Dragon egg group
Archeos - Rock/Flying = Dinosaur related
Crimgan - Dragon = Dragon, her beasty dragon
Grovyle - Grass = Dragon egg group

That's eight types all having some relation to dragons, or a dinosaur in Archeos' case :p

It really would set her apart from the other girls:
Misty: Water types
May: Mixed types
Dawn: Soft pokemon
Iris: Hard pokemon

Last edited:

shac

I have been saying this in the 'Next pokemon thread' for ages now. This gen the fossils are a bit different. And I can really picture Ash with the turtle. If I was a writer I would have given Ash one.

gliscor&yanmega

This could have probably just went into the "Next Pokemon Thread" http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=466210

But...I doubt he'll get one this region. He could get one this region though. He could get one next region too(Unless there are no new fossils).

I don't really care to see Ash with them, since they can be shown with someone else.

Araleon

Chill
Yeah, I could've seen him with Aaken, more so then Mamepato, but you know the writers...

Or even Cranidos last region, btu hey, what's passed is past.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Good thought, I thought about that, but I want to see James using something agile and quatrepedal for once. It can be some sort of foil for his Growlithe, since they'd would have moved similarly.

Thankfully there are no Ground fossils, only Rock and with the added types of: Water, Flying and Steel...

These set of fossils seem to buff for Ash in my opinion. I want to see Archeos on Iris' team as well as her flying type.

Kibago - Dragon = Dragon, her kiddy dragon
Doryuuzu - Ground/Steel = Dragon in the name
Zuruggu - Dark/Fighting = Dragon egg group
Archeos - Rock/Flying = Dinosaur related
Crimgan - Dragon = Dragon, her beasty dragon
Grovyle - Grass = Dragon egg group

That's eight types all having some relation to dragons, or a dinosaur in Archeos' case :p

It really would set her apart from the other girls:
Misty: Water types
May: Mixed types
Dawn: Soft pokemon
Iris: Hard pokemon

Well if you look at hihidaruma, you will see that it walks on its hands and feet so its kinda like quadraped. Also denchura on all fours not like it has a choice.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Besides Aerodactyl, none of the fossil Pokémon have ever appealed to me so I wouldn't want ash, or any member of the team, to catch one. I don't want to say that he wouldn't look right owning one but it's something that I wouldn't want to happen since I don't like them.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'd like him to get one, but chances are he won't. If he were to get one, I could see him getting the turtle.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Ash getting a fossil Pokemon is like Ash getting a legendary Pokemon. He probably will not get one, and if he does, he migth not know how to use the power. Fossil is rare and someone need a restorer just to get one.

aipomadvanceshipper

maybe it's a Dratini...i only say that because in ep. 14 there's going to be a fossil Dragonite(well that's what it says on Bulbapedia, but it could be wrong) maybe Iris might get it, it is a Dragon Type..

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash getting a fossil Pokemon is like Ash getting a legendary Pokemon. He probably will not get one, and if he does, he migth not know how to use the power. Fossil is rare and someone need a restorer just to get one.

Lol if there so rare how exactly did nando get one?

Jorah

What do I put here?
maybe it's a Dratini...i only say that because in ep. 14 there's going to be a fossil Dragonite(well that's what it says on Bulbapedia, but it could be wrong) maybe Iris might get it, it is a Dragon Type..

Neither Dratini or Dargonite are considered as fossil Pokémon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.