• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash get a fossil pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark M

Heartless Trainer
I mean he has never received fossils in any of the generations and it would be a nice change.

It would be a cool idea to give him a fossil pokémon, but it probably won't happen this gen because he's already going to have a full team, but he might get one and sub it with the others (like in johto) only time will tell

it would be a nice twist, i just don't see it happening anytime soon

QingLong

Hive Trainer
Honestly I'm not able to see Ash with a fossil Pokèmon..

Maybe also because he barely has only a rock type Pokèmon if I remember well: Larvitar.

card986

If ash had a fossil pokemon i think aerodactyl would fit him best. even that since there going to black and white i think hes never going to get an aerodactyl so i doubt hes gonna get a fossil pokemon in the fifth generation.

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
I guess so. It would be pretty cool since he has not really had a rock type. I hope in this region he gets more than 6 pokemon and switches them in and out like Paul.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Open this thread again in Gen 6 and come back and see me as its not gonna this gen, so lets hope next gen

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I could only see him with the Turtle, the bird looks too... awkward?

I kinda hopes he gets it, but I doubt he will.

Isis-sama

I'd love for ANYONE on the main cast really to get a fossil pokemon THIS gen, as that would mean one out of two chance to see a great deal of Aaken and Archeos in the anime. Fossil pokemon are usually shafted in terms of appearance in the anime because they are supposed to be very rare, which does make sense, but I'd at least like to see some with Trainers once in a while. Pretty much the only appearance a fossil pokemon has had with a trainer is Cradily with Nando, and we only saw him with it once.

Personally, since Ash isn't likely to make many more captures this saga, I think an Aaken and its evolution would fit well with Iris, they learn a relative lot of dragon-type moves and dinosaurs have always been seen as similar to dragons. Plus I can see its colorful plumage contrasting well with her hair. That being said, if we do see an Aaken or Archeos with a trainer this generation at all, it will be with N in his final appearance, and that's only if N shows up in the anime, he appears in the same place in the plot that he does with an Archeos in the games, and he has his full (not counting Zekrom or Reshiram, anyway, since he's very unlikely to have that) in-game team.

Blazenuva

Both of the fossil pokemon this gen look like pokemon Ash could own. I really hope he gets the turtle. You never know, it could happen.

Manchee

extra toasty
Both of the fossil pokemon this gen look like pokemon Ash could own. I really hope he gets the turtle. You never know, it could happen.

I don't think Ash would look really good with Aeken (or whatever - I mean the bird one), and since he has Mamepato I don't think it would happen :/ But Iris looks like someone who would get the bird, both of them look pretty safari-esque.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'd love for ANYONE on the main cast really to get a fossil pokemon THIS gen, as that would mean one out of two chance to see a great deal of Aaken and Archeos in the anime. Fossil pokemon are usually shafted in terms of appearance in the anime because they are supposed to be very rare, which does make sense, but I'd at least like to see some with Trainers once in a while. Pretty much the only appearance a fossil pokemon has had with a trainer is Cradily with Nando, and we only saw him with it once.

Personally, since Ash isn't likely to make many more captures this saga, I think an Aaken and its evolution would fit well with Iris, they learn a relative lot of dragon-type moves and dinosaurs have always been seen as similar to dragons. Plus I can see its colorful plumage contrasting well with her hair. That being said, if we do see an Aaken or Archeos with a trainer this generation at all, it will be with N in his final appearance, and that's only if N shows up in the anime, he appears in the same place in the plot that he does with an Archeos in the games, and he has his full (not counting Zekrom or Reshiram, anyway, since he's very unlikely to have that) in-game team.

You mean Armaldo.:p IMO I don't see the main cast getting a fossil Pokemon....

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I too would love to see Ash with a fossil Pokemon, but given that he already has both their secondary types, I doubt it could happen this Gen.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

kickachu

Momentai!
Personally I wouldn't mind but if he does I'll be impressed

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
It is a nice idea, but Inova hardly seems the region to be. Ash should've gotten a fossil poke'mon in his own region. But I don't m,ind the writers taking their time giving Ash a fossil poke'mon. They should evolve Gible all the way first.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I doubt it, but I'd like to see him getting a fossil Pokemon. However, the trend of him getting Pokemon egg is going to stick around for some time, so unless the writers decide to replace that trend, I don't see him getting a fossil Pokemon.

Ferrari94

Dark Trainer
id like to see anyone get a fossil pokemon because like everyone else is saying it would be a change.

but again like everyone else i dont see it happening. because the fossil pokemon are rare its likely that they wont get one. but yer would be good if any of them got one.

i dont know if ash should get one but in my opinion i think brock should've got one ages ago.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No he shouldn't. Really maybe the one who should get Fossil is the guy in the avatar Gary, he's a researcher not Ash.
I'd prefer fossils will rest in peace instead of fighting in gyms and leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.