• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash get a new love interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Ash is in love? With who?
It's pretty obvious that he's in love with Pokémon Battle.

other than that, I Agree with Kazuniya. That's stupid to ask such question like that, that's like asking "Why isn't Orre Region in Anime?". I know an answer to that: it's too dark and mature for Pokémon Anime.

I have a answer to that question: No. Why do we need another Serena when Ash have no time for Romance?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
One mediocre "designated love interest" was enough, thanks

BlueDragonfangirl

Not happening
Eh it’s a possibility, at the end of every main series for a lead the eventually end up together with that crush that started out one sided.

Chichi x Goku

Naruto x Hinata

Ichigo x that one girl

Luffy of One Piece is still questionable but I think he will end up with a certain someone.

All of these females have one thing in common, they had a crush on the lead character since introduced.

So, whenever Ash’s journey comes to a close I can see it happen.

Ask for the thread itself, no no no point.

All we’d get is shippers Wars, even worse than what happened with Pokeshipping vs Advancedshipping days.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Eh it’s a possibility, at the end of every main series for a lead the eventually end up together with that crush that started out one sided.

Chichi x Goku

Naruto x Hinata

Ichigo x that one girl

Luffy of One Piece is still questionable but I think he will end up with a certain someone.

All of these females have one thing in common, they had a crush on the lead character since introduced.

So, whenever Ash’s journey comes to a close I can see it happen.

Ask for the thread itself, no no no point.

All we’d get is shippers Wars, even worse than what happened with Pokeshipping vs Advancedshipping days.
As if Dragon Ball is even remotely an example to follow for romance...

KukuiFanatic501

Chichi x Goku

Naruto x Hinata

Ichigo x that one girl

But unlike those examples, Ash isn’t tied to simply just one girl protagonist but several of them. Characters like Chichi, Hinata and Orihime have been with their love interests for the whole ride through, so it’s not quite the same circumstances.

Plus, characters like Naruto have expressed interest in romance very early in, something Ash hasn’t done either.

Unless you count him blushing in front of Misty

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Pfft. If there were 25 hours in a day, Ash'd have one more hour to think about Pokémon and battles (I think Goh said that)

Maybe the "love-dense hero" archetype is a bygone era trope (same with Goku and Luffy), but they're still around because people still love them

Status
Not open for further replies.