• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash have a legendary pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLK2707

I think that it is about time that the shows writers should give Ash a legendary pokemon that is something like Suicune or Celebi. What do you think?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Meloetta was his best chance in my opinion. All that buildup for absolutely nothing.

Since he didn't catch her he'll never get one.

Hazmiter

Id say ash doesn't need one, he is a skilled enough trainer as it is.
Just remember he has made friends with some legends too.

Just sayin he could potentially call for aide from one from time to time, but to catch one, no hes too good for it.

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
Ash owning a legendary can go wrong in a lot of ways. The big ones like Xerenas and Yvetal will help him curb stomp his way through the series without requiring him to learn or train. The cutesy events mons will be just as weak as his others, but they'll hog up the screentime and battles because they're more popular and marketable. Then he will most likely end up releasing it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No. I find Legendary Pokemon to be overrated in general and the last thing I'd want to see is more power on Ash's team especially since he barely develops his other Pokemon as things stand. Legendary Pokemon don't belong in the cast imo.

Analon

Smalltime Author
If Ash does catch a legendary Pokémon, I'd like to see a better plot to go along with it. That is, something different from the 'defeating the league' routine.

Nah. It would Ruin the anime.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Probably not. It'd drag too much attention from his other Pokemon since legendaries alone are massive marketing Pokemon to begin with.

Though if a writer decides to do it and do it correctly it wouldn't worry me too much. As a kid I wanted him to have mew.=3

MattySadler

Legendary Pokemon used to be good when there wasn't very many of them, like 5 or 6 per region or something. Not too many but enough to keep the fans of legendary Pokemon happy. Then we get the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova regions where we get double figures of legendary Pokemon, some of which are instantly forgettable, whilst others were made so ridiculously powerful and had such insane background stories it became laughable. I mean, we get a Pokemon that is basically God and supposed to have created the entire Pokemon world and we get a Pokemon that controls time and a Pokemon that controls space, excessive to say the least. Can you imagine a mere mortal owning a Pokemon with that sort of insane power?

I make an effort not to bother with legendary Pokemon anymore in the games because its just got stupid, and I think Ash owning one would be the final nail in the coffin for legendaries. He had his best chance with Meloetta (another instantly forgettable one) and the writers didn't act upon it, so I can't see it ever happening now.

LizardonX

Banned
Legendary Pokemon used to be good when there wasn't very many of them, like 5 or 6 per region or something. Not too many but enough to keep the fans of legendary Pokemon happy. Then we get the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova regions where we get double figures of legendary Pokemon, some of which are instantly forgettable, whilst others were made so ridiculously powerful and had such insane background stories it became laughable. I mean, we get a Pokemon that is basically God and supposed to have created the entire Pokemon world and we get a Pokemon that controls time and a Pokemon that controls space, excessive to say the least. Can you imagine a mere mortal owning a Pokemon with that sort of insane power?

It gets boring being god sometimes, sometimes its more fun to just screw around by crashing into meteors and serving 10 year olds for the lulz.

Also ash having one of the less combat oriented legendaries like diancie or celebi wouldn't really break the anime.

Outburstz

No until he starts evolving his pokemon more than he shouldn't get a legendary

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I hope Ash doesn't get a legendary Pokemon. I think it would completely ruin the series as he'd just be able to defeat every opponent with ease which would not be fun to watch.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Eh, I'd be fine if Ash were to get a legendary. I mean, if this season of anime is supposed to shake things up a little bit, why not?

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
Yes. He has not captured a single legendary ever in his life, and he has had to face off against a trainer who had not one but TWO legendaries in the Sinnoh league. Here are the Legendaries I feel Ash should most likely be given his relationship with them:

Mewtwo (from the first two movies), and link up with Mewtwonite X
Latias. The Pokemon quite literally fell in love with Ash.
Meloetta. She bonded quite well with him over the B/W episodes
Also Ash, Dawn and Brock should have all captured their respective Sinnoh Lake Trio legendaries.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I like the idea of him calling one to his aide from time to time than him actually owning one (for now). Later on yes but for now no.

fenniken

fire master
Ash would just hatch one like may it would be zorua or victini or mew he would catchvthem to protect them he send them to oak or release

Sephora

yes I'm back
I wouldn't want a legendary pokemon on Satoshi's team because it would be too strong and leave his other pokemon in the shadow. Plus legendaries are overrated anyway.

Ash would just hatch one like may it would be zorua or victini or mew he would catchvthem to protect them he send them to oak or release

Zorua is not a legendary though.

Status
Not open for further replies.