• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash win the Kalos League or lose in the final coming close to winning it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
^ This right here is the reason why I don't think Ash will win the league even if he proves himself capable enough to challenge E4/Champion level trainers. Look at how much he's been using Greninja just in this string of battles. First Alain, then Diantha, now Sawyer, and even Wulfric.

Ash-Greninja's power seems bottomless and unrivaled, but because of that, he's becoming way too reliant on it. The more he uses it, the more it's going to take on a toll on his own body. The premonition he had after battling Alain hints this as well. It's his only flaw in Kalos and I think it's the one that's going to come back to bite him. He'll best trainers like Tierno, Sawyer, and Alain in the League Conference only for him to collapse in the end against a trainer he would have no business losing to through overusing the Ash-Greninja form.

In fact, it's quite possible Sawyer could be the one to win the league depending on if Ash faces him before or after Alain. If it's after Alain, I can see Sawyer finally defeating Ash if he passes out from overusing Greninja while Sawyer goes on to win the league. It's just a matter of whether this will be in the Top-4 or if it will be in the final match. I for one, hope it's the final match just to reflect how far Ash has come in Kalos.

But here's the thing. That flaw aspect is already exploited and it's implied to be the reason why Ash has been constantly fainting when using this process. The culmination of this Achilles' Heel will not be in the Pokémon League, the Grand Finale, but in the 8th Gym Battle, before the darkest hour. Under normal story procedure, Ash would have to master the technique afterwards through humility and patience and then come back with a vengeance in his rematches against Wulfric, Alain, and even Sawyer. This is why I speculated and pushed forward for a 4-consecutive loss during his trials with Greninja, as it would be the most dramatic way to kick off that Ash and Greninja angst scene promised in the opening.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
4 times the top 8!? WT****?

Considering how many trainers compete at each league, Ash making top 8 has always seemed like an accomplishment worthy of praise to me. So I'm surprised that it's seen as bad these days.

ashsfuture

Here's another point yeah Ash has been using Greninja a lot more compared to when it was a froakie and frogadier because of the Ash-Greninja trial. Now one good thing from these four battles is that only one of them was a 1v1 in the other three he's using Greninja along with two other pokemon so a 3v3 and another 3v3, plus the 2v2 with Alain already. So the main issue we see with Ash-Greninja/synchro evolution is that the transformation takes a tole on Ash's body, he could collapse from pain and exhaustion(since Ash does feel Greninja's pain) so could something even worst happen to Ash if he uses Ash-Greninja to much not at the league cause he could save Greninja for his battle against Sawyer and Alain if he decides to enter the league, but still have to wait and see what happens with team flare. I'm more concerned about Ash-Greninja during the Kalos crisis and then the league and anyway Ash might as well use some of his other pokemon he has. Who's to say that Ash might not pass out after he masters the Ash-Greninja form.

Question:

Do you think something far worst could happen to Ash aside from him passing out when he uses the Ash-Greninja form?

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
Considering how many trainers compete at each league, Ash making top 8 has always seemed like an accomplishment worthy of praise to me. So I'm surprised that it's seen as bad these days.

Yeah, it's a worthy rank but 4 times would be too much and not much of advancement for what has happened during his Kalos journey, hey at least make him enter the best 4 or 2 of the region.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

The reason most likely being that Ash reached Top 4 in Sinnoh. But went down to Top 8 in Unova, and the way he went down the ranking, and that one character he lost to in the League.

Ash reached Top 4 in Sinnoh while fighting strong opponents (in 3 Vs 3 and 6 VS 6 formats) and legendaries.

On the other hand, he reached Top 8 in Unova, because he lost to an idiot, who couldn't even utilize his own Pokemons properly, and who won just for the sake of it.

Even during the Hoenn League, where Ash ended at Top 8, he had quite many good battles and lost in an extremely close match-up. This is unlike the Unova League, where he only had one good on-screen battle, before that brat got lost and took one whole episode of screen-time in between the League, without any reason what so ever.

Last edited:

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
At least now I am sure he beats Sawyer in the Kalos League, since he dreadfully lost in today's episode. Yeah, you can say that we can't know for sure, but you would agree that if Ash won today, then Sawyer's chance of beating Ash in the league would be a lot higher. But since Ash lost, now he will redeem himself at the League.

magicfoogieA

Agreed. Ash surprisingly lost to Sawyer, but then again considering he couldn't activate Ash-Greninja for the first time, that's not so surprising.

But that pretty much guarantees Ash is going to beat Sawyer in the league so I think I'll fall back to my original prediction that Ash will battle Sawyer and Alain for the Top-8 and Top-4 placements, then collapse during the final match. I believe from Top-8 onward are full battles.

I'm glad Noivern learned Dragon Claw though so now Noivern's got a pretty good moveset and it got its first win on Doublade. I hope it continues to improve.

magicfoogieA

Even during the Hoenn League, where Ash ended at Top 8, he had quite many good battles and lost in an extremely close match-up. This is unlike the Unova League, where he only had one good on-screen battle, before that brat got lost and took one whole episode of screen-time in between the League, without any reason what so ever.

This is true. In Hoenn, Ash also lost to the would-be winner of the league whereas Cameron immediately lost in the next round (after having brought 6 pokemon finally) to a team of Eevolutions. Pathetic.

In fact I even think his performance in the Johto League Conference was better considering he fought two experienced trainers and narrowly lost an intense match. Gary and Harrison would dance circles around a squirt like Cameron. Unova was his second worst performance easily. I hope they make up for that by having Ash place in the Top-2 this time around, but I'll be okay if he gets Top-4 if Alain doesn't enter the league.

This is true. In Hoenn, Ash also lost to the would-be winner of the league whereas Cameron immediately lost in the next round (after having brought 6 pokemon finally) to a team of Eevolutions. Pathetic.

In fact I even think his performance in the Johto League Conference was better considering he fought two experienced trainers and narrowly lost an intense match. Gary and Harrison would dance circles around a squirt like Cameron. Unova was his second worst performance easily. I hope they make up for that by having Ash place in the Top-2 this time around, but I'll be okay if he gets Top-4 if Alain doesn't enter the league.

Well here we are with Alain having entered the league. I won't be satisfied with anything below the final. I just think the writers will make a mess of it in the end with the TF Arc and all etc etc

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Okay. *cracks knuckles* Time to share my opinion. You guys gettin' fired up yet?

Anyways, I want Ash to win the league. Now before anything else, here's why:

-In terms of team members with significant growth over time, Ash's have had a lot of training, as we've seen them in and out of battles, gaining experience and defeating powerful opponents.

-The reserve member to be brought up for the full battles will likely be a surprise, but also will provide Ash with another advantage in the league. Whether it be Goodra or one of his Pokemon back in Kanto, I'm certain it will provide him with great battles.

-It's obvious at this point that they've built up to the point where Ash is going to beat Sawyer and Alain. I'm almost convinced that the battle against Alain will happen here, and if that happens, I don't see anyone else standing in Ash's way as he goes to the top.

Again, this is all based on opinion. I really, really want Ash to finish strong in this generation. Finishing on top would be the icing on the cake for the series and will make him seem more competent in the eyes of the fans. Plus, I'm sure we're all sick of him losing to opponents who are either noobs or legendary users.

Okay. *cracks knuckles* Time to share my opinion. You guys gettin' fired up yet?

Anyways, I want Ash to win the league. Now before anything else, here's why:

-In terms of team members with significant growth over time, Ash's have had a lot of training, as we've seen them in and out of battles, gaining experience and defeating powerful opponents.

-The reserve member to be brought up for the full battles will likely be a surprise, but also will provide Ash with another advantage in the league. Whether it be Goodra or one of his Pokemon back in Kanto, I'm certain it will provide him with great battles.

-It's obvious at this point that they've built up to the point where Ash is going to beat Sawyer and Alain. I'm almost convinced that the battle against Alain will happen here, and if that happens, I don't see anyone else standing in Ash's way as he goes to the top.

Again, this is all based on opinion. I really, really want Ash to finish strong in this generation. Finishing on top would be the icing on the cake for the series and will make him seem more competent in the eyes of the fans. Plus, I'm sure we're all sick of him losing to opponents who are either noobs or legendary users.

Well even though i share your opinion and conviction, having an evil organization such us TF not beaten up yet before the league, speaks volumes as to where we are heading. Also, having a member of that organization compete in that league, under orders to collect more power (i.e Alain) also speaks volumes. *** What im trying to say; Ash wil 100% reach the semis but will either never reach the final or go to the final and lose to somebody either Alain or not. Even if its Alain, my feeling is he will have his victory vs him in the TF Arc. (im explaining that below)

What i feel right now is, the writers toying with us, cuz theyve set the bar so high that its either going/building to be a glorious moment for Ash(becoming Kalos savior and victor) or its going to be a disappointing one where he will end up saving Kalos alongside Alain (and not alone). Lets face it, sharing the spoils when u didn't win the league in the first place is just pitiful. I feel the latter will come to pass and he will only win the TF Arc fight with Alain to knock some sense into him and make him have a change of heart. Somehow, Ash doesn't seem to be starring in his own life story at all LOL

Im pretty confident thats what gonna happen. And this is why this will probably be the last season of Pokemon many people will ever see. This company holds no respect for its leading character. The primary reason i respected Yugioh more than i ever will Pokemon

EDIT: *** TF & Alain= Another "Tobias" imo

Last edited:

Arianna Krauss

Well even though i share your opinion and conviction, having an evil organization such us TF not beaten up yet before the league, speaks volumes as to where we are heading. Also, having a member of that organization compete in that league, under orders to collect more power (i.e Alain) also speaks volumes. *** What im trying to say; Ash wil 100% reach the semis but will either never reach the final or go to the final and lose to somebody either Alain or not. Even if its Alain, my feeling is he will have his victory vs him in the TF Arc. (im explaining that below)

What i feel right now is, the writers toying with us, cuz theyve set the bar so high that its either going/building to be a glorious moment for Ash(becoming Kalos savior and victor) or its going to be a disappointing one where he will end up saving Kalos alongside Alain (and not alone). Lets face it, sharing the spoils when u didn't win the league in the first place is just pitiful. I feel the latter will come to pass and he will only win the TF Arc fight with Alain to knock some sense into him and make him have a change of heart. Somehow, Ash doesn't seem to be starring in his own life story at all LOL

Im pretty confident thats what gonna happen. And this is why this will probably be the last season of Pokemon many people will ever see. This company holds no respect for its leading character. The primary reason i respected Yugioh more than i ever will Pokemon

EDIT: *** TF & Alain= Another "Tobias" imo
You know what I actually trust the writers not to screw up this time . I'm certain they will surprise us and end this in an epic way.The anticipation for the league is far to great to not to be taken into account.
Why say ash can't win? He definitely can.He will.
I think their are still many ways in which he can win and still continue travelling.

You know what I actually trust the writers not to screw up this time . I'm certain they will surprise us and end this in an epic way.The anticipation for the league is far to great to not to be taken into account.
Why say ash can't win? He definitely can.He will.
I think their are still many ways in which he can win and still continue travelling.

Just hoping for the best but expecting the worst ;) Didn't say Ash cant win. He could sweep every single tournament he ever entered. But he didn't. Cuz the company didn't let him. They see him as a cash cow. That's whats called status quo. A 20 year status quo that will probably change but not now i gather. For it to change, Ash will need to be straight out favor to become champion. Hard to see it happening anyhow though. I loved Pokemon and its pretty much the first anime that i ever loved with passion. But i can't stand seeing them trashing my childhood anime in the alter of money. So i'll bid it farewell and i will never look back after this season if im not satisfied. I think its way past time....

elior

Unlock a world of casual fun and excitement with t
Just hoping for the best but expecting the worst ;) Didn't say Ash cant win. He could sweep every single tournament he ever entered. But he didn't. Cuz the company didn't let him. They see him as a cash cow. That's whats called status quo. A 20 year status quo that will probably change but not now i gather. For it to change, Ash will need to be straight out favor to become champion. Hard to see it happening anyhow though. I loved Pokemon and its pretty much the first anime that i ever loved with passion. But i can't stand seeing them trashing my childhood anime in the alter of money. So i'll bid it farewell and i will never look back after this season if im not satisfied. I think its way past time....
considering he have ash greninja form and ifhe will have goodra as his sixth pokemon he can reach at least to the final battle

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

Honestly, i think his team is strong enough to win this thing if not at least end up as top 5.in my opinion there's a 70% chance of winning the league ( considering ash-greninja and the rest of his fully evolved team).but it will be a little tough with all those megas around and it all depends on the writers. can't wait to see the ep

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
We have a thread about the Kalos league already, this is redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.