• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should Ash WIN the Pokemon League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrycherrylips

no i don't, not only that but i really don't want him to because i think he should beat the league of the last season, eventually when this show ends i think that should be the league he beats to end it on a high note it wouldn't be as special if he beat this league and then the last league.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Non, the jury claims.

Ash isn't, to put it in blunt terms, pubically ready to be a champion. He needs to grow more and get a major grip on his very life before he can hope to be a master.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
It's his fourth tournament league. Would be nice if he won one before some of us die of boredom.

Smokey12

i hope and have a feeling he will win the tournament this time round, but will get crushed by the elite 4. they have to have a bigger role this region because of their introduction and development.

Dax

Legend
^Not really, he didn't come closer in Hoenn, he stayed the same.

Hopefully everything will change. I don't see the anime ending because he wins. He can do the same thing that they did in BF, he can decline everything that comes with the win.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
No, they'll never have him win. With May, she never won a Grand Festival, Dawn probably won't. The only won thety let him win was the Orange Islands, but that will be the only tournament he'll win (techincally, Orange Islands weren't really important)

What? You actually want to discout one of only two times Ash actually acheived the goal?

Look, Ash lost at Indigio Plateau, lost at the Johto Silver Conference and lost at the Hoenn League. 7 seasons (1 in Kanto, 3 Johto and 3 in Hoenn) and what does he have to show for it? Nothing! if it wasn't for the Orange Islands trophy and the Battle Frontier Badge Collection, Ash would have no prizes at all (except a lot of wasted Gym badges).

May was only around for 4 seasons, Dawn could possibly end up with the same run. By the end of Sinnoh, Ash will be on at least his 12th season. Just possibly, it's time he actually won a regional tournament. It's taken this long. God help us if we have to watch him lose another one; I don't think I could take it.

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
No, they'll never have him win. With May, she never won a Grand Festival, Dawn probably won't. The only won thety let him win was the Orange Islands, but that will be the only tournament he'll win (techincally, Orange Islands weren't really important)

While I'd like to see Ash be happy and win the league I don't see it happing. There going to keep having him loose till the show ends. Than whenever the show does end Ash will win and fans will be very proud of him, yes.

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
i hope and have a feeling he will win the tournament this time round, but will get crushed by the elite 4. they have to have a bigger role this region because of their introduction and development.

Well, that could be a way. He has come closer and closer to victory in each main Saga.
But remember the elite four can battled again and again in the games.
Can this be the same for the Anime?

Devout

Nincada Trainer
He rarely evolves his pokemon and has he ever caught pokemon he ever saw NO!! He wants to be a friggen pokemon master but he hasn't caught any pokemon he has seen.

And no he shouldn't win this pokemon league he needs to rethink his overall goal.

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ash probably won't win until he realizes what he needs to do in order to win. Ash won the Battle Frontier but turned down the chance at a great honor (being a Frontier Brain). He won because he finally went back into his reserves to get Pokemon he knew were capable of winning. If he stays with his regional team he'll be less likely to win because his Team is still developing their abilities. It's fine that he wants to give the newcomers a chance but if he really wants to go far he'll have to do what most Trainers do and dig through his 'box' for his best Pokemon to put on a winning Team.

That said he should win given the powerful Pokemon he's collected over the years, but he won't since he'll stick with his Sinnoh Team.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
An00bis, you've found the single piece of the puzzle which links Anime and Game: You'll never beat anyone without a few teams of pokemon to mix to your advantage.

Ash won because he mixed his pokemon among each other for his frontier saga, and any competitive player will tell you that having the same team will result in your defeat.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
^Not really, he didn't come closer in Hoenn, he stayed the same.

I think the idea is that he lost to the tournament winner instead of the guy who lost in the next round. But yeah number wise he stayed the same. I guess it was supposed to be a pseudo victory.

Hopefully everything will change. I don't see the anime ending because he wins. He can do the same thing that they did in BF, he can decline everything that comes with the win.

Ditto.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
An00bis, you've found the single piece of the puzzle which links Anime and Game: You'll never beat anyone without a few teams of pokemon to mix to your advantage.

Ash won because he mixed his pokemon among each other for his frontier saga, and any competitive player will tell you that having the same team will result in your defeat.

I beg to Differ Ever since Crystal I've used the 6 pokemon i used while collecting badges, and at times even used similar teams to Ash and since Diamond I 've used the very same team in competitive play, And to be honest I got a fare few wins,

Im not saying what yourt saying is outright incorrect, because Ash a fair few good pokemon, and if he were to mix them with his Stronger Sinnoh pokes, then he may fair abetter chance, But I also feel it's how well he trains his Regional teams, I mean we all saw what happened in Johto, His team was so underdeveloped that not only could they not beat the Last Gym he had to use most of his Kanto pokemon in the Silver conference, I mean I think the only Johto pokemon I remember Doing anything were Bayleef & Heracross

But back to my Point I think if he raises hi regional pokes Better that it would make the world of difference in his regional Matches, just Imagine if Ash could enter the Sinnoh league with a 50% evolved team just say Staraptor, Infernape & Floatzel I think it would help alot and he wouldnt need his old pokes

Rave

Banned
Ash has to lose for the sake of the TV series.

thunderblade12

i can see ash winning the league and even going on to beat the elite 4 and champion. becoming the champion of a region will not make the anime end and it will not be the end of ashs journey. he wants to be "the pokemon master" the best trainer in the world, not a very good trainer who is the champion of one region. if ash ever does become the champion of a region, he'll want to go off to every region and become the champion before he can really call himself a "pokemon master"

because his team in johto did not beat the last gym leader do not prove that they are underdeveloped and because he used most of his kanto team do not prove anything.

NotBoris

At the very least, he'll want to go home and become champion in Kanto after doing so in whichever region he does it in the first time.

But I can see them having Ash win it all in Sinnoh, eventually leading to his departure from the anime, with Dawn and Piplup (who starts wearing an everstone around it's neck) becoming the lead characters, probably with Brock and the new male player character of the next region (for the gyms).

Status
Not open for further replies.