• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

should charizard be classified as fire and dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard4Ever

I'm not opposed to that happening as it would clearly help Charizard, but I'm happy with Charizard as he is.

Charizard4Ever

I'm not opposed to that happening as it would clearly help Charizard, but I'm happy with Charizard as he is.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I would have to say Yes.I would say this if they introduced tri-type Pokemon.

Tekka

Daemon Hunter
I say no to changing Charizard's typing, but I would like a new Fire/Dragon pokemon in the future, as well as an Ice/Dragon and a Steel/Dragon.
(Not legendaries, I'd like to be able to use them in everyday matchups.)

;P

Ah... That would be a dream come true.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I say no to changing Charizard's typing, but I would like a new Fire/Dragon pokemon in the future, as well as an Ice/Dragon and a Steel/Dragon.
(Not legendaries, I'd like to be able to use them in everyday matchups.)

;P

Ah... That would be a dream come true.

I agree. They should come up with a bunch of dual dragons that aren't double weak to ice.

jellsprout

Then that would ruin the cycle, Venusaur weak to Charizard Blastoise weak to Venusaur and Charizard weak to Blastoise.

You mean like Empoleon not being weak to Grass and Torterra not resisting Water?

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
Yes, it looks like a dragon, and dragons are awesome, but no IMO.

It would improve it too much competive-wise putting it way higher than its co-starters. Also having dragon and fire stab means it gets neutral-super effective stab on nearly any Pokémon. And it's too big a change. Magnemite had a type added but changing a type is going a bit too far.

mimefan

Banned
I think they should, but lower his HP and Defence stats.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Charizard should stay flying.

Charizard, Arbok, Sceptile, Gyarados, Seviper and Milotic are all in the dragon egg group, yet not dragons. Why? Because they are all Pseudo-Dragons. Not Real Dragons, they just look similar to a Dragon.

Please get this through your heads. We get a topic on this nearly every week.

There are a number of other reasons already listed in this thread as to why not.
1. Upsetting/unbalancing the starter pyramid for first gen.
2. Charizard would be too Strong, especially with Draco meteor
3. Charizard would now be weak to Earthquake and less vulnerable to stealth Rock.
etc..etc..
-;248;

Naxte

You mean like Empoleon not being weak to Grass and Torterra not resisting Water?
The cycle still works, as their secondary-types take care of that: Empoleon is still weak to Torterra's Ground-attacks (whereass Torterra is neutral to Empoleon's attacks), so the cycle works, with Torterra having the advantage. Charizard being Fire/Dragon, however, would have completely ruined that cycle however, unless Blastoise was made to be part Rock or something as well.

7 tyranitars

no dragon types are suposed to be rare and have a dragon as a starter is a little too much

Ampy

Light The Stars
Is Charizard able to fly?
So should Charizard be a Flying type?

Are Latios and Latias able to fly? Yes they are, so technically speaking they should be flying types too?

No they shouldn't, that would be retarded, since Charizard has been Fire/Flying for 4 generations.

Ultimate Glalie

No, because Charizard is an evolution of a starter. Blastoise would no longer be able to hit it super effectively with Water type attacks, and that would ruin the cycle.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
No.

This horse is dead.

Charizard should stay flying.

Charizard, Arbok, Sceptile, Gyarados, Seviper and Milotic are all in the dragon egg group, yet not dragons. Why? Because they are all Pseudo-Dragons. Not Real Dragons, they just look similar to a Dragon.

Please get this through your heads. We get a topic on this nearly every week.

There are a number of other reasons already listed in this thread as to why not.
1. Upsetting/unbalancing the starter pyramid for first gen.
2. Charizard would be too Strong, especially with Draco meteor
3. Charizard would now be weak to Earthquake and less vulnerable to stealth Rock.
etc..etc..
-;248;
Pretty much this. Starters aren't meant to be overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.