• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Should crossdressing allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
Well, in the current societal context, the majority is not shocked by a black person and white person conversing. See how this argument works now?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
well a black talking to a white woman was current to them. why is all of the sudden our current better than anybody else's? why cant we just tolerate like our ancestors did?

Profesco

gone gently
This must be what Babylon was talking about... It doesn't matter whether one is better or not. We're working with an established moral/social context. That's the context you have to debate with.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
who established it? god? bush?

and why does it matter if its current or not? why cant you just admit that what society thinks isnt always right and shouldnt have a say with the government in what rights should be provided?

Profesco

gone gently
I dunno who or what establishes a societal norm...

why cant you just admit that what society thinks isnt always right and shouldnt have a say with the government in what rights should be provided?

Because that would equate to arguing that the government shouldn't have made pro-civil rights laws just because society was shifting.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
then why do you think it is wrong (as in, some kind of fact) that a man cant dress like a woman?

If that was referring to my answer to gentle artilley's post then this is my answer:

because there's NOTHING in the Qu'ran that says you MUST cover you ankles, just about covering up as much as you feel comfortable with.

However THAT is about Muslims rights and laws, how does that relate to CDing?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Because that would equate to arguing that the government shouldn't have made pro-civil rights laws just because society was shifting.

finally youre catching on.

so what difference does it make here?

because there's NOTHING in the Qu'ran that says you MUST cover you ankles, just about covering up as much as you feel comfortable with.

However THAT is about Muslims rights and laws, how does that relate to CDing?
because its offensive to people.

oh and by the way just because it possibly isnt in the qu'ran doesnt mean that the middle east doesnt do it. try looking at pictures why dont ya.

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
finally youre catching on.

so what difference does it make here?

Is this for me? What do you mean?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
if you think blacks should have equal rights despite the majority at the time not thinking so, why is it different for a man in a dress?

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
oh and by the way just because it possibly isnt in the qu'ran doesnt mean that the middle east doesnt do it. try looking at pictures why dont ya.

No, no, no Muslims have a religious right to reveal how much they want (well as long as they cover some parts up of cousre) and also its not technically indecent exposure where as CDing could be portrayed that way.

However in the middle east (although it is Muslim governed) for som reason their rights are being ignored.

Oh and Ive seen what it's likein the middle east and I think thats wrong too

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
Well my understanding is that the major civil rights laws didn't come into effect until the prevalent thought was pro-equality.

But from now on, I'll try harder to keep my personal beliefs away from the argument I'm supporting, okay?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
No, no, no Muslims have a religious right to reveal how much they want, and also its not technicaly indecent exposure where as CDing could be portrayed that way.
oh, it COULD be. some people feel different. the point is that you dont need the government to rule your subjective opinion over somebody else's.

Well my understanding is that the major civil rights laws didn't come into effect until the prevalent thought was pro-equality.
irrelevant. the point is that majority rules is a fallacious argument.

Last edited:

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
oh, it COULD be. some people feel different. the point is that you dont need the government to rule your subjective opinion over somebody else's.

yes but its not JUST yours, its majority over minority.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
the majority having an opinion doesnt make it any less of an opinion.

a man in a dress harms nobody. it does not incite riots either. its merely a form of expression that is disapproved by the majority and merely garners attention.

all you have to do is ignore it. its that simple.

Profesco

gone gently
irrelevant. the point is that argumentum ad popolum is a fallacious argument.

Does that mean we'll be disregarding your attack about government influence?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
what are you talking about? specify it.

Profesco

gone gently
Why does government make laws?

MrMagius, please tell me why your life revolves around what people wear and tell me why the government should cater to what people find offensive. That's not their job, btw.
And tell me why it's OK to outlaw freedom of expression and people's rights. Kthx.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
the majority having an opinion doesnt make it any less of an opinion.

a man in a dress harms nobody. it does not incite riots either. its merely a form of expression that is disapproved by the majority and merely garners attention.

But someone people (like myself though im sure im not the only one) find it quite disgusting most of the time.

all you have to do is ignore it. its that simple.

Or they could just do it in the privacy of their own homes

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
thats a loaded question. a better one would be why do they restrict things?

But someone people (like myself though im sure im not the only one) find it quite disgusting most of the time.
so? why does the government have to care? i find a lot of make-up disgusting. you dont see me protesting anything.

Or they could just do it in the privacy of their own homes
why do they have to when all you could do is ignore it?

seriously, the legality of something being based on the individual's ability to simply ignore something is absurd. youd be banning more than just crossdressers with that logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.